Silver Surfer vs The Elite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Silver Surfer vs Manchester Black, Coldcast, The Hat, Menagerie.

How does it go?

Sin I AM
Stomps them in half the time it took Clark with half the effort

Genii96
He atomizes them

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Stomps them in half the time it took Clark with half the effort Originally posted by Genii96
He atomizes them
Uh, what? You know they were casually tossing around enough power to ignite suns, cracking moons in half and even without Manchester actually beat JLA?

Since when did Surfer become so powerful?

abhilegend
Heck, Coldcast incapacitated Superman with a single attack.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
Uh, what? You know they were casually tossing around enough power to ignite suns, cracking moons in half and even without Manchester actually beat JLA?

Clark held back. When he took the kid gloves off he raped them. Norrin with a similar mindset would rape as well

"Id"
Surfer Stomps

riv6672
Obviously this is a "choose SS and listen to me sung the praises of Superman" thread.

Surfer FTW.

Glorificus
Surfer easily.

abhilegend
Clark held back. When he took the kid gloves off he raped them. Norrin with a similar mindset would rape as well
Superman holding back isn't the same as Surfer holding back.

Originally posted by "Id"
Surfer Stomps
How?

abhilegend
Originally posted by riv6672
Obviously this is a "choose SS and listen to me sung the praises of Superman" thread.

Surfer FTW. Originally posted by Glorificus
Surfer easily.
Any reason?

riv6672

Surfer FTW.

Any reason?

I gave up trying to figure out your reasons for shoving Superman down everyone's throats ages ago, abhi.

quanchi112
Surfer rapes. Poor abhi is very upset.

Sin I AM
Superman holding back isn't the same as Surfer holding back.

How?

True. Surfers' pacifist nature makes him pull his punches more

abhilegend
That's not even remotely true. Superman not holding back treats heralds like flea.

Elite battered him worse than worse than anyone this side of Doomsday.
I gave up trying to figure out your reasons for shoving Superman down everyone's throats ages ago, abhi.
Well, Superman is not in this thread.

Genii96
Lolz,was just about to type that

DarkSaint85
Silver Surfer vs Manchester Black, Coldcast, The Hat, Menagerie.

How does it go?

Does Surfer get to use his powers in the same manner Superman did?

By that I mean, the writer had Superman using his powers in clever and unusual ways. Oh, I'm sure there are other times he has used his powers in such a manner, this is Superman, with 1001 appearances in a month alone, but we can all agree he was doing FAR more than just 'punch punch laser eyes' type fighting.

With that said:
Menagerie - was taken out by toxins which disrupted the bond between her and her beasties. Surfer can replicate that.
The Hat - was suffocated through lack of air. Surfer can replicate that.
Coldcast - Was BFRd. Surfer can replicate that.
Chester - focussed concussion, although I believe Surfer can also do the lobotomy attack (by just transmuting it).

As I said, his use of such powers are rare - he mainly flies around and blasts. But just as Superman didn't just punch, as he does in most of his appearances, if Surfer can use his powers in clever ways like Supes, then sure. And with the increased power variety he has, he has an even easier time of it.

DarkSaint85

The moon they cracked was one of Neptune's moons:

http://cseligman.com/text/moons/neptunemoonpix.htm

Triton is the main one - accounts for about 90% of the moons. The others are all tiny - 200 km, or in a lot of cases, 50km in diameter. Most of them have a density 1 to 2 times that of water.

Still impressive, but nowhere near as impressive as when taken at face value.

riv6672
abhi should know all about moons cracking in half.

Anyhow, yes, SS can take this fight, as he can do what you said, how you said it. No way was i going to type anything along the lines of what you did though, for this type of thread.

Genii96
Cracking moons? Surfer threatened the earth by having a bad dream...

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Does Surfer get to use his powers in the same manner Superman did?

If he does that on general, sure.

Superman had Coldcast exhaust himself with a major blast before he BFRed him where Coldcast had difficulty even flying. Not sure Surfer can do that. Superman is a far more tactical fighter than Surfer.

Also Manchester was unable to use his TP on Superman due to his mental shields being too strong.

That doesn't happens with Surfer.

Surfer isn't that much tactical fighter as Superman. So no.

abhilegend
The moon they cracked was one of Neptune's moons:

http://cseligman.com/text/moons/neptunemoonpix.htm

Triton is the main one - accounts for about 90% of the moons. The others are all tiny - 200 km, or in a lot of cases, 50km in diameter. Most of them have a density 1 to 2 times that of water.

Still impressive, but nowhere near as impressive as when taken at face value.
Cracking moons and tossing enough energy to reignite suns isn't impressive enough for you? Originally posted by Genii96
Cracking moons? Surfer threatened the earth by having a bad dream...
A continent. He was also KTFO by a few meteors in the same comic.

Go figure.

riv6672

Superman had Coldcast exhaust himself with a major blast before he BFRed him where Coldcast had difficulty even flying. Not sure Surfer can do that. Superman is a far more tactical fighter than Surfer.

Also Manchester was unable to use his TP on Superman due to his mental shields being too strong.

See, DS? This is why i didnt waste my time. stick out tongue

Sin I AM

What are you suggesting? That Surfer with the most varied powerset in comics couldnt replicate Supermans fight? Im curious what your stand point on the fight is

carver9
What are you suggesting? That Surfer with the most varied powerset in comics couldnt replicate Supermans fight? Im curious what your stand point on the fight is

thumb up

h1a8
This thread isn't an if. It's a what.

Argue how you think Surfer will fight and why? Then conclude the victor.

Surtur
Heck, Coldcast incapacitated Superman with a single attack.

Which damn, sure as f*ck means Surfer could take Supes out with a single attack then.

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
This thread isn't an if. It's a what.

Argue how you think Surfer will fight and why? Then conclude the victor.

This thread is a thinly veiled attempt at more comparisons between Silver Surfer and Superman, surely you see that?

abhilegend
Having varied power set doesn't grants you victory in a fight. Iron man is far more versatile than Hulk but pit them against each other and see what happens.

Why is Superman beating them supposed to mean that Surfer can do the same? Does Surfer had team busting feats that I'm unaware of?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Surtur
Which damn, sure as f*ck means Surfer could take Supes out with a single attack then.
Surfer uses neutrino wash effect which stops the brain function of someone? News to me.

I like how Surfer can automatically gain anybody else's feats.

This thread is a thinly veiled attempt at more comparisons between Silver Surfer and Superman, surely you see that?
You sure about that?

-Pr-
I thought we said Abhi wasn't allowed to make Surfer threads... mmm

Surtur
Surfer uses neutrino wash effect which stops the brain function of someone? News to me.

Learning new things is fun, isn't it?

Well gee lets see..*checks which user posted thread* Yeah I'm pretty sure about it.

krisblaze
Superman went about the fight in a clever way because he wanted to surprise manchester and teach thwm a lesson.

If he wanted to he couldve simply overpowered them. Which is what the Surfer will do

abhilegend
Learning new things is fun, isn't it?

As fun as getting your teeth pulled.

I've created an Elite vs Surfer thread. Not Superman vs Surfer. I got the idea from ICT.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
I thought we said Abhi wasn't allowed to make Surfer threads... mmm
You did? Originally posted by krisblaze
Superman went about the fight in a clever way because he wanted to surprise manchester and teach thwm a lesson.

If he wanted to he couldve simply overpowered them. Which is what the Surfer will do
Hard to overpower them when it was clearly stated that they were so high in power level that Superman needed a space shuttle and a ladder to reach at that level.

Like I said they defeated entire JLA and without Manchester and Hat defeated JSA. They are packing a lot of power.

Surtur
As fun as getting your teeth pulled.

I know right? After I got my wisdom teeth pulled I got some vicodin, it was sweet.

We all know why. For instance if people said Surfer loses..the next time Surfer vs Superman comes up you'd be saying "well Superman defeated the Elite, but Surfer can't and thus Supes rulez!".

It's also quite obvious you had your mind made up about who wins before you even posted.

Sin I AM
Having varied power set doesn't grants you victory in a fight. Iron man is far more versatile than Hulk but pit them against each other and see what happens.

Why is Superman beating them supposed to mean that Surfer can do the same? Does Surfer had team busting feats that I'm unaware of?

True having a varied powerset does not automatically grant a win.

Your analogy falls flat though. Iron Man and Hulk arent in the same class. Now if you put Surfer againt Hulk then lets see what happens. Superman has nothing to do with the fight. A serious Surfer would destroy them. Team busting a jobbing team is a non feat.

abhilegend
I know right? After I got my wisdom teeth pulled I got some vicodin, it was sweet.

How about getting all your teeth pulled?

Superman didn't beat Elite straight up. So no, that'd be dumb.

Is that so? Are you a telepath too?

abhilegend
True having a varied powerset does not automatically grant a win.

That's just what you said.

Yes, it's a competitive fight unless Surfer starts draining Hulk or Hulk overpowers Surfer and Namor together?

For this you must have a comparative team Surfer has destroyed in his career. Like ever?

Superman has indeed nothing to do with the thread. But just because Superman beat someone doesn't means Surfer can do the same.

DarkSaint85
Cracking moons and tossing enough energy to reignite suns isn't impressive enough for you?
A continent. He was also KTFO by a few meteors in the same comic.

Go figure.

A continent is larger than some (most) of Neptune's moons, so.....no, its not that impressive. Not to mention, rock is denser and harder than ice, even if it IS 2x ice's density.

Superman does not exist. His writer (who is the imaginative one) is. So....if Morrison was writing Surfer, he'd be as cool as Morrison's Superman. Kelly, writing a tactical Surfer, would be as tactical as Kelly's Superman.

riv6672
Well, Superman is not in this thread.

I see....

Superman

Superman

Superman

Superman

Superman

Superman

Superman

superman

Superman has indeed nothing to do with this thread

https://media.giphy.com/media/AToqINiV1tdUQ/giphy.gif

You are just...precious.

Surtur
Is that so? Are you a telepath too?

I am and I have to say you think about Superman as often as men are supposed to think about sex.

"Id"
Silver Sufer atomizes them with a finger snap.

riv6672
I am and I have to say you think about Superman as often as men are supposed to think about sex.
laughing

abhilegend
A continent is larger than some (most) of Neptune's moons, so.....no, its not that impressive. Not to mention, rock is denser and harder than ice, even if it IS 2x ice's density.

Heh, that's why Surfer maxed out at moving a moon, right?

But energy enough to igniting a sun doesn't impress you?

That's an imaginary scenario. We go by feats.

Genii96
Surfer maxed out at moons?

abhilegend
You are a very terrible telepath then.

krisblaze
Hard to overpower them when it was clearly stated that they were so high in power level that Superman needed a space shuttle and a ladder to reach at that level.

Like I said they defeated entire JLA and without Manchester and Hat defeated JSA. They are packing a lot of power.
So did Prometheus.

I'm not giving him odds against the Surfer either.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Genii96
Surfer maxed out at moons?
Moving a moon, yes.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
So did Prometheus.

I'm not giving him odds against the Surfer either.

Prometheus didn't beat JLA in a fight.

erm

DarkSaint85
When did the Elite beat the JLA?

abhilegend
JLA 100. TBH, it was for rallying all of Earth against Elite and JLA agreed for taking the fall but it was as authentic as could be to keep it real. Superman, J'onn, Diana, John Stewart, Firestorm, Monitou Raven, Faith and Batman.

Coldcast also oneshotted both Alan and Power Girl in JLE.

DarkSaint85
So.....i probably shouldn't post the scan where the Elite ask the JLA to let them beat the JLA, huh?

riv6672
^^^^hahaha!!!!

Genii96
Wow,I guess that settles it

Genii96
Anything else you want to add abhi?

abhilegend
So.....i probably shouldn't post the scan where the Elite ask the JLA to let them beat the JLA, huh?
I already mentioned that. It was also made to look as authentic as possible.

So not a problem.

abhilegend
Wow,I guess that settles it Originally posted by Genii96
Anything else you want to add abhi?
Settle what?

krisblaze
JLA 100. TBH, it was for rallying all of Earth against Elite and JLA agreed for taking the fall but it was as authentic as could be to keep it real. Superman, J'onn, Diana, John Stewart, Firestorm, Monitou Raven, Faith and Batman.

Coldcast also oneshotted both Alan and Power Girl in JLE.

I think you're the only one who thinks they won that fight.

Not even the elite believes that.

And Prometheus did beat the JSA++++ in a fight smile

abhilegend
I think you're the only one who thinks they won that fight.

Not even the elite believes that.

How so?

By a lot of prep and basically suckering them. It's like saying Black Panther beat Surfer because he drained his power by a machine.

erm

DarkSaint85

So not a problem.

But....the main thing was, it was a non fight, which is much less impressive.

Unless you're one of those lucky people who still believes on the magic of Hollywood, and that Matt Damon really IS a superspy called Jason Bourne.

You also said they took down the JSA without Chester and Hat?

Surtur
You are a very terrible telepath then.

I'm actually an excellent telepath, notice how I didn't reveal all the other disturbing things in your mind and only revealed stuff we all already knew? You can thank me later. I find free drugs are a great way to thank someone..hint hint.

riv6672

So not a problem.
Its still a fiction.

We deal in facts.

At least, thats what YOU say when you're trying to blow off someone else's point, and what you ignore, when when trying to bullshit other posters.

So precious.

DarkSaint85

You did?

So we have five feats here, which, on face value, are incredibly impressive.

Casually tossing around enough power to ignite suns
cracking moons in half
Without Chester, beating the JLA - later clarified to be the ENTIRE JLA.
Being so high in power level that Superman needed a shuttle and a ladder to reach that level
Without Chester and Hat, defeated the JSA.

Let's go through each one.

Never happened. Was a character statement from Steel.

Cracking moons in half
The full statement was that they cracked one of NEPTUNE's moons in half. Neptune has tiny moons - some of which are ~50km in diameter, and most are made of dirty ice. Karate Kid has similar feats.

Beating the entire JLA, without Chester
Was a plan concocted by Vera, to unite the world under one banner. The JLA needed to show that there was a big bad out there, and they let the Elite 'spank them first'.

Superman needs a shuttle/ladder to reach their level
Technically, the quote is a shuttle and a jetpack. And it was obviously not true, certainly not by feats. Which, apparently, are all that matters here.

Without Chester and the Hat, defeated the JSA
The JSA lineup they faced was Alan Scott, Black Canary, Power Girl, Hawkgirl, and Mr Terrific. A pretty strong lineup.

The Elite lineup? Coldcast, Menagerie, Vera Black, Batgirl with Shadow Thief tech, Green Arrow, Flash, Major Disaster, Manitou Raven.

The JSA were told by GA that they were all friendlies on an undercover op, and were actually backing down and retreating from the fight (in the scan below, Terrific is holding the arrow that Ollie shot, with a message for Canary). A hungover Major Disaster then AMPED Coldcast, whose blast threw Batgirl into Hawkgirl, stabbing her.

They all then stopped fighting.

So...another non feat. Coldcast doesn't have an out of control Disaster amping him, Batgirl isn't here, and Surfer isn't backing down. Not to mention, half (80%?) of that lineup isn't even here.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/13340d15cb3901b31f1874a2eb547d60/tumblr_nnxxsc3z3F1rzzee8o8_1280.png

riv6672
Oh i cant wait to see abhi deny all of that. Should be great reading.

abhilegend
But....the main thing was, it was a non fight, which is much less impressive.

Unless you're one of those lucky people who still believes on the magic of Hollywood, and that Matt Damon really IS a superspy called Jason Bourne.

You also said they took down the JSA without Chester and Hat?
Yeah, it was a staged fight which was made as authentic as they could.

How many times that has to be said to you?

abhilegend
So we have five feats here, which, on face value, are incredibly impressive.

cracking moons in half
Without Chester, beating the JLA - later clarified to be the ENTIRE JLA.
Being so high in power level that Superman needed a shuttle and a ladder to reach that level
Without Chester and Hat, defeated the JSA.

Let's go through each one.

Never happened. Was a character statement from Steel.

And? Most of what they did was off panel and Steel was reading about their power level. He is one of the foremost scientists on DC earth after all.

Proof of it being a tiny moon?

Which needed to be as authentic as possible. Next.

They ****ed up Superman, Chester alone gave him a stroke casually, Coldcast dropped him with a neutrino wash and ****ed him up royally after that.

So no, not just statements.

Elite were taking a dive against JSA. Raven and Disaster never fought JSA.

Disaster took control of Coldcast's power, not amped him. That's not how his powers work.

After Coldcast dropped them.

Are you unable to read or what? Disaster made a "disaster" happen that Coldcast had lost his control.

DarkSaint85
Hey now. Unlike 90% of the forum when debating against you, I don't insult you, or your intelligence, or bring up your heatstroke, or Supersucking, or whatever. So...yeah.

And? Most of what they did was off panel and Steel was reading about their power level. He is one of the foremost scientists on DC earth after all.

The point I'm making, is that most (all?) of your initial statements were coming off as if they had all these great showings. I don't give much weight to Panther taking Black Dwarf out off panel, and I don't give much weight to off-panel feats. Not to mention, previously in this thread you were saying we went by feats here?

Neptune has 14 moons. Most of them are small:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moons_of_Neptune

The largest is 2705 km in diameter. Far smaller than our Moon. The others are ALL much smaller. They're so small, they haven't even collapsed into spherical shapes. As Lois didn't even mention the name of the moon (and, as a Pulitzer winning reporter, if we're going down that route, you'd expect her to be detailed about facts), it wouldn't be Triton, but one of the smaller ones.

You keep hand waving this away, but you cannot deny that as your original posts were presented, it sounded as if they overpowered the JLA in a straight up fight.

Superman is not in this thread stick out tongue But yes, an energy blast against Surfer? OK.

So, another non fight, is what you're saying? One side was taking a dive, and the other was stopping the fighting?

Wait, was Disaster responsible for taking the JSA out or not?

When did he drop them? The only time Coldcast tried to attack Alan, this happened:
http://66.media.tumblr.com/0bfc1f4aec42d05cdce57b08e4b2e29e/tumblr_nnxxsc3z3F1rzzee8o3_1280.png
http://65.media.tumblr.com/710b695b80a7b4032e4c1db93f4580f4/tumblr_nnxxsc3z3F1rzzee8o4_1280.png

Ignoring the bravado Coldcast is giving to his brother (not my best....not by a mile), we have Batgirl's unbiased report. Which says he overrreacted - so that wasn't a small blast, by any means.

Yup, he took Coldcast's mental blocks off. I've heard that it can really help amp a character.

Still didn't do anything, as the JSA were still up and walking, EXCEPT for Hawkgirl, who was stabbed by Kasumi. That was it.

abhilegend

Hey now. Unlike 90% of the forum when debating against you, I don't insult you, or your intelligence, or bring up your heatstroke, or Supersucking, or whatever. So...yeah.

I couldn't care less.

Yes, and Steel said about the energy output which they were tossing around by impunity.

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27297969_4957170.jpg

Even the narration informs that the Elite rivaled League in power.

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27297966_JLA_100_pg10_L-DCP.jpg

But we will pretend as if they were Teen Titans.

That's a cute leap of logic. Why would it be a smaller one if she thinks its a big enough feat that she is worried about Superman's life and citing it?

Never said that.

Yes, its like no energy attack has ever beaten Surfer, right?

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/27298118_SF9-16.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/27298120_SF9-17.jpg

Especially something which messes up your nervous system. Like this?

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/27298153_8264113.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27298225_4434794.jpg

Right. This is the funniest thing in Surfer threads. Unless you have beaten him in comics, you simply can't beat him on forums.

And?

No, Coldcast was. Disaster simply made him lose control.

When he lost control. Also, can you just post links?

Really? Are we going that route now?

Yeah, characters do wake up in time. What a novel concept, right?

DarkSaint85
I couldn't care less.

Fair enough!

Cool. On this board, we go by feats. Take that CBR thinking out of here stick out tongue

Strange how you're just using off panel non feats, narration and...fake fights to bolster your case.

I'm just saying, it's not Triton. I have a 13/14 chance of it not being Triton (or, a 93%chance)

Here is the list:
http://www.whillyard.com/science-pages/our-solar-system/neptunes-moons.html

They are all under 200km in diameter, except for three - and even then, only Triton is anything worth writing home about. I'm not sure you realise how tiny Triton is - Australia, the smallest continent, is larger than that. AND Australia's made of rock etc, not ice. So, on the face of it, sound impressive, but it's less than continent busting.

We go by averages here, this isn't CBR. You cannot just assume the largest moon, when it has not been named. EVEN if you did, it's still far below continent busting. Which, apparently, Surfer has.

Never said you did stick out tongue I merely quoted you where you said, without Chester, they actually beat the JLA.

I was wondering how long it would take you to start posting low showings. Granted, I've been stretching the page with long posts, so this is really the second page in other threads.

Takes far less to take Superman out, right?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23992/4119255-2552482693-41009.jpg

But of course, that was McDuffie. We must ignore him!!! Writer intent was to lowball Superman, right?

Kelly's intention in the JLE storylines was to show how Superman can rise above his enemies, no matter their power level. IOW, PIS/WIS so that Superman can win (look how super duper extreme and powerful these guys are! Superman has no chan- oh, wait, he's beaten them. Huzzah!)

I like how we ignore Kelly's intent in this storyline, but McDuffie's intent (and John Byrne et al) cannot be ignored.

Wait, so now Surfer shares feats? Since when did he have a Kryptonian nervous system?

Never said that.

And...it holds as much weight as....well, nothing, really.

Hey, the evidence is right there. With control, Coldcast made PG yawn and Alan effortlessly block it. Without, APPARENTLY, Coldcast took them out. But that's the next point...

Got scans of them KOed? You can post links if you want.

riv6672
"I've never insulted you"

"Couldnt care less"

Yeah, abhi is pretty much worthless.

abhilegend

Fair enough!

That's a reading on their power level by a scientist. That's as accurate as you can get.

Fake fights and non feats? Like I said, are you able to read well, anything?

Why not? Your circular reasoning that it must not be triton is just that, circular reasoning.

Any proof of that?

This is the average of Elite. They have only one appearance as a team.

Unless Surfer destroys planets every issue, that's not an average.

I specified how they did it too.

For that to be a low showing, you must have a showing where Surfer tanks an attack like that, right?

Out of context lowballing, huh? FYI, Vixen had half of Superman's power there and Parasite had also drained her of that power.

So Superman was basically at a fraction of his power there.

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/27303864_RCO017.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/27303865_RCO020.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/27303867_RCO012.jpg

If only it was that simple.

A synapse disruptor works on the same principle.

Well, you are saying that.

Says who?

Yeah, taking a dive Coldcast can't beat them. We already established that.

The scene cuts away from them but when they wake up, Elite were long gone.

riv6672
Worthless but entertaining. thumb up

DarkSaint85
That's a reading on their power level by a scientist. That's as accurate as you can get.
You and I both know that if carver came in here with the same arguments, we'd both crucify him, lol.

Fake: JLA/JSA fight
Non-feats: Igniting a sun (never happened), cracking a moon

Any proof of that? Any proof that it was Triton? Otherwise, we take averages. And on AVERAGE, Neptune's moons are pretty small - as shown by my links.

Proof of what? That Neptune's moons are mainly dirty ice? That they are all pretty small? That the largest moon is still smaller than the smallest continent?

Cool, so this is a non thread then. Like Golgo and his threads whenever a new character appears.

How many times does Superman use focussed concussions to turn people's powers off? Out of the 10,000 or so appearances he has had?

Yet, he did it against Chester.

Yet, Surfer is unable to use powers he has used before - even though he has FAR fewer showings than Supes.

You did? In your first couple of posts on the subject, without me prompting you and scratching beneath the surface? Cool, am sure you did.

An attack like what? Superman was rope-a-doping them to see how they fought, to trick them. We have ZERO evidence as to how powerful that attack was, except that it exhausted Coldcast. Nothing more.

How powerful is Coldcast? We don't know. We know as a shared feat they managed to crack a ball of ice, which is smaller than the smallest continent, in two. We know by a few statements that they are powerful.

THAT'S it.

I was totally going to explain all that context a few pages later. Super cereal.

Maybe one day you will realise what I'm doing here.

It is that stimple. I have the foreword from Kelly, explaining what he did - how he was sick of all the 'dark;' and extreme characters and storylines, and the JLE storyline was originally meant to show how Superman still had a place in this world. It is NOT a writer interview, so totally admissible on the forums.

So yes, we get to share feats across characters.

Nope. Please quote me where I said Surfer was unbeatable unless you've beaten him in comics.

Logic. You're saying that actors and acting = the real thing. Matt Damon really is Jason Bourne. Daniel Craig = Bond. Redmayne = Stephen Hawking. They were all super believable!

Wait, I thought you said they beat the JSA? Now they didn't?

Guess I shouldn't post the scan of the Elite AND the JSA taking Hawkgirl to the hospital, huh? They were together.

riv6672
no

abhilegend
Worthless but entertaining. thumb up
If only you knew anything other than trolling.

mmm

riv6672
Says the guy who started the troll thread.
And also said "Superman isnt in this thread".

Yeah, you do your thing, i'll have fun at you getting owned after you do it.

abhilegend
Ok, it seems like you're simply arguing for the sake of arguing.

You and I both know that if carver came in here with the same arguments, we'd both crucify him, lol.

You're basically Carver at this point.

These are all repetitive. Apparently your opinions are facts now and I've to give proof to deny that.

Good luck with that.

Nonsense.

Red herring. I'll not give Superman a majority against Elite on average anyway.

Nonsense.

Again nonsense.

That neutrino wash dropped him like anything.

Are you still in denial or what?

That's a nice opinion. If only you could provide any proof for that from the comic.

Nonsense.

Making nonsensical claims?

That's relevant in a fight?

You basically said attack Surfer with energy as if he has never been beaten like that.

Nonsense.

Which they did.

Those were not Elite. Only the JSA were there.

But yeah, keep spouting nonsense.

abhilegend
Says the guy who started the troll thread.
And also said "Superman isnt in this thread".

Yeah, you do your thing, i'll have fun at you getting owned after you do it.
A thread between a character and a whole team is a troll thread?

GTFO here if you have nothing else to add.

DarkSaint85
As you basically handwaved everything I said, I'll just respond to the points which weren't 'na-uh, nonsense'.

Those were not Elite. Only the JSA were there.

But yeah, keep spouting nonsense.

Nonsense, eh?

Only the JSA, eh?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/casscain/images/4/4f/Justice_League_Elite_6_2.jpg

I see GA, Menagerie, and the ravens of Manitou in the background. Three members of the Elite.

Surtur
First of all Surfer is technically fast enough to pretty much kill 99% of the Elite before they can do anything. Coldcast is the only immensely durable one, and he's not going to be able to defeat Surfer by himself. Not when he has no way to deal with someone who can phase or open up black holes or absorb energy or any of that shit.

The only real counter to this will be "But he doesn't usually fight like that".

abhilegend
First of all Surfer is technically fast enough to pretty much kill 99% of the Elite before they can do anything. Coldcast is the only immensely durable one, and he's not going to be able to defeat Surfer by himself. Not when he has no way to deal with someone who can phase or open up black holes or absorb energy or any of that shit.

The only real counter to this will be "But he doesn't usually fight like that".
baka

Surtur
How durable do you think an unprepared Manchester Black is?

Sin I AM
That opening up black hole shit needs to stop. He's never done it. And he doesnt speed blitz he does spam energy blasts. That said the elite is not taking him down. Surfer could likely amp off coldcast. Hat isnt durable enough...etc etc. Has anyone made a compelling argument for why the elite would win?

DarkSaint85
As you basically handwaved everything I said, I'll just respond to the points which weren't 'na-uh, nonsense'.

Nonsense, eh?

Only the JSA, eh?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/casscain/images/4/4f/Justice_League_Elite_6_2.jpg

I see GA, Menagerie, and the ravens of Manitou in the background. Three members of the Elite.

For abhi.

@Sin: No.

Surtur
That opening up black hole shit needs to stop. He's never done it. And he doesnt speed blitz he does spam energy blasts. That said the elite is not taking him down. Surfer could likely amp off coldcast. Hat isnt durable enough...etc etc. Has anyone made a compelling argument for why the elite would win?

So you are saying not once has he ever done anything with a black hole?

I see, I found a feat where he apparently destroys something and a black hole is left in its wake.

abhilegend
How durable do you think an unprepared Manchester Black is?
With his shields? Pretty durable.

Sin I AM
So you are saying not once has he ever done anything with a black hole?

I see, I found a feat where he apparently destroys something and a black hole is left in its wake.

He's never done anything directly with a black hole. Nor singularities or fluid in peoples eyes. Do you have such a scan?

Surtur
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75314/1586151-annihilationsilversurfe2.jpg

Also lol@ "do not say hungry hole again if you value your continued existence".

abhilegend
And?

Sin I AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/75314/1586151-annihilationsilversurfe2.jpg

Also lol@ "do not say hungry hole again if you value your continued existence".

That's indirect. Caused by the planet he destroyed.

Surtur
And..what? She asked me for a scan of what I was referring to with the whole "he destroyed something and left a black hole behind" thing.

Surtur
That's indirect. Caused by the planet he destroyed.

Just to be clear, you're not saying that the planet itself caused it, right? As in, if any random person destroyed this planet it would leave a black hole?

You are indeed acknowledging the black hole came as a result of Silver Surfer's powers, albeit indirectly?

Which I mean.."creates black hole as a side effect of energy powers" is pretty neat in itself when it comes to reasons he's better then Coldcast.

abhilegend
And..what? She asked me for a scan of what I was referring to with the whole "he destroyed something and left a black hole behind" thing.
How does it matter into a fight?

Sin I AM
Just to be clear, you're not saying that the planet itself caused it, right? As in, if any random person destroyed this planet it would leave a black hole?

You are indeed acknowledging the black hole came as a result of Silver Surfer's powers, albeit indirectly?

Which I mean.."creates black hole as a side effect of energy powers" is pretty neat in itself when it comes to reasons he's better then Coldcast.

Yes I'm saying he didn't intentionally cause it and that it was a result of both his power and the Planete destruction. Just not a fan of characters being given awarded powers they haven't displayed. Secondly you are correct cold cast can do nothing to him

Surtur
How does it matter into a fight?

I was just listing reasons he is better then Coldcast. If he can output so much energy he rips a hole in time and space then well..Coldcast is kinda f*cked.

Genii96
Yes I'm saying he didn't intentionally cause it and that it was a result of both his power and the Planete destruction. Just not a fan of characters being given awarded powers they haven't displayed. Secondly you are correct cold cast can do nothing to him
Um,thanos blatantly said surfer's energy discharge caused it, a planet can't come close to making a black hole. Stardust, basically a weaker version of surfer with less weaknesses,does that just fine

Surtur
Well yes, but he does make it sound like it was the energy discharge that was so powerful it created a singularity. Rather then Surfer specifically thinking "create a singularity" when he did it. I'm guessing it would become more clear if one was able to read the entire issue.

Though I had thought he'd created a black hole on purpose at one time, but it could of been Stardust I was thinking of. Or it could of been his opponent who did it, Ravenous? Since I thought it was when Surfer fought him. Or that it at least happened around the time that whole arc was going on.

Genii96
Btw what's the distance of earth to saturn?
http://i.imgur.com/qG9gKEQ.jpg

Surtur
When Earth and Saturn are at their closest it's about a little over a billion kilometers. For those who don't know 1 kilometer is equal to like a little over half a mile.

abhilegend
I was just listing reasons he is better then Coldcast. If he can output so much energy he rips a hole in time and space then well..Coldcast is kinda f*cked.
That's kinda nice. If only that helped him to beat some no name seekers in the very same comic who almost overwhelmed him.

Space cheese is worthless in fights. This isn't CBR.

Genii96
Well yes, but he does make it sound like it was the energy discharge that was so powerful it created a singularity. Rather then Surfer specifically thinking "create a singularity" when he did it. I'm guessing it would become more clear if one was able to read the entire issue.

Though I had thought he'd created a black hole on purpose at one time, but it could of been Stardust I was thinking of. Or it could of been his opponent who did it, Ravenous? Since I thought it was when Surfer fought him. Or that it at least happened around the time that whole arc was going on.

Not sure whether creating the hole was intentional or not,but surfer did a massive energy discharge on purpose,so that his location could be hit,that then formed the blackhole.

You are thinking of stardust, he/she uses black holes almost as much as supes uses HV lolz

Surtur
That's kinda nice. If only that helped him to beat some no name seekers in the very same comic who almost overwhelmed him.

Man it sucks those seekers are better then Coldcast too, amirite?

Genii96
Surfer didn't use it on them,as it will kill them,he is a pacifist

Genii96
When Earth and Saturn are at their closest it's about a little over a billion kilometers. For those who don't know 1 kilometer is equal to like a little over half a mile.
So surfer flung a spaceship that far? Jeez

quanchi112

Space cheese is worthless in fights. This isn't CBR. You use space cheese feats when it benefits superman all the time. Don't be a hypocrite.

Sin I AM
Um,thanos blatantly said surfer's energy discharge caused it, a planet can't come close to making a black hole. Stardust, basically a weaker version of surfer with less weaknesses,does that just fine

Looked like a shared feat to me.. planetary explosion/energy discharge. And we are talking about Surfer not Stardust. Feats arent interchangeable.

abhilegend
Btw what's the distance of earth to saturn?
http://i.imgur.com/qG9gKEQ.jpg
That series is out of continuity if you are wondering. Dr. Strange turned back time do none of that actually happened.

Genii96
Looked like a shared feat to me.. planetary explosion/energy discharge. And we are talking about Surfer not Stardust. Feats arent interchangeable.
Too bad it wasn't? Planetary explosion was caused by said energy discharge,thanos who was watching blatantly says it was the discharge,and it takes a star several times the mass of our sun to even make a blackhole once it goes,it was a surfer feat

Nibedicus

How is it a shared "feat"? The planet didn't help Surfer convert itself into a black hole. Planets do not have any kind of capability to do that or have any kind of ability to even to assist in that kind of endeavor. I mean what ability do you think that a planet has that can even aid the Surfer into turning it into a black hole?

Are you saying the Surfer CAN'T create black holes without an aid of a planet? I mean how would having a planet around contribute to the creation of a singularity? I mean, character statements seem to contradict that kind of reasoning.

Genii96
That series is out of continuity if you are wondering. Dr. Strange turned back time do none of that actually happened.
If that is true,what does that change? Is this a surfer 100 years in the future? Or did strange go back to a time where he was weaker?
Turning back time dosent take away his ability to do it.
If I break a chair with my hand,and then you turn back time,that dosent mean I still cant if I tried does it?

cdtm

That's what you get when you let writers do so much stupid shite with time travel, that you need to declare ALL time travel is now dimensional hopping.

While even Rock of Ages is perfectly canon to New God Orion and Darkseid. smile

abhilegend
Man it sucks those seekers are better then Coldcast too, amirite?

Untrue, no black holes were created hence the seekers weren't that powerful.

cdtm
If that is true,what does that change? Is this a surfer 100 years in the future? Or did strange go back to a time where he was weaker?
If I break a chair with my hand,and then you turn back time,that dosent mean I still cant if I tried does it?

It's because of Marvel policy on time travel.

Basically, it's all a What If. The Reigning? Different Thor. Doesn't matter that 616 Thor remembers the events, it all became a different universe.

I'd imagine things like having Wolverine break his unbreakable claw on Deaths Head 2 helped bring about this polcy. After all, comic writers and editors are as much fan boys as everyone.

abhilegend
He turned back time so that the Defenders team never got back together and the universe wasn't destroyed.

In Marvel, any future which got prevented from happening is an alternate reality. So an alternate Surfer did it.

thumb up

DarkSaint85

Like igniting suns and cracking moons, amirite?

At least those happened on panel. Oh wait.

riv6672
Heh, alternate reality readoning in this whole thread.

Excellent reading, though. DS is on point, Surtur too.

abhilegend
Like igniting suns and cracking moons, amirite?

At least those happened on panel. Oh wait.
No, like beating Superman.

Now show me Surfer beating a team of this calibre.

I'll wait.

riv6672
I'll wait for you to mention Superman again.

Blue Area Vet

Since his inception? Wake up.

Blue Area Vet

Unless of course it's you referencing Superman's space cheese feats.

DarkSaint85
Took six pages, but finally Superman appears!

Funny how on page 1, you tossed around space cheese feats and how defeating the JLA was a measure of the Elite's power .

Telling, too, how you haven't responded to my scan proving the Elite were with the JSA at the hospital. Maybe you didn't see it?

Regardless....

He was hit by a neutrino wash, but we don't share feats. Surfer does not have a Kryptonian physiology.

The second time, he was rope a doping them and then defeated them.

So....what else do the Elite have?

riv6672

Six pages my firm brown buttocks. Page two.

The Nuul
abhil's butthurt is strong in this thread smile

Sin I AM
😑 at this thread

krisblaze
The Elite are powerful, but I thought it was pretty obvious that they weren't on Superman's level.

When he beat them he took some of their strongest hits and still took them down without killing.

The Nuul
skimmed through the last few pages...

http://tinyurl.com/hcl2e5s

smile

DarkSaint85
I'm proud.

The Nuul
good job buddy, keep it up thumb up

Surtur
Untrue, no black holes were created hence the seekers weren't that powerful.

But it still sucks Surfer is better then Coldcast, right? I mean if you can't bring yourself to admit that you can at least admit he is more versatile, right? That he overall has way more options here?

Does Coldcast, in your opinion, toss around enough power to create singularities as an after-effect?

riv6672
The Elite are powerful, but I thought it was pretty obvious that they weren't on Superman's level.

When he beat them he took some of their strongest hits and still took them down without killing.
Pretty much.
It was a great story that showed why its SuperMAN not SUPERman.
Soooome people have perverted the meaning of the story/missed the point entirely.

Genii96
No, like beating Superman.

Now show me Surfer beating a team of this calibre.

I'll wait.
Krosakis, amped up on both gladiator and the uni power,and that wasn't fake fighting

Genii96
Didn't surfer recently terraform thousands of planets accross the universe?

abhilegend

Yeah, it was like their only appearance as a team was in a Superman comic.

Amazing!

I never used space cheese feats for anything here. But carry on.

Surfer has been knocked out by a similar attack. Good enough.

Manchester black mindrapes Surfer?

abhilegend
Originally posted by The Nuul
abhil's butthurt is strong in this thread smile Originally posted by The Nuul
skimmed through the last few pages...

http://tinyurl.com/hcl2e5s

smile
baka

abhilegend
But it still sucks Surfer is better then Coldcast, right? I mean if you can't bring yourself to admit that you can at least admit he is more versatile, right? That he overall has way more options here?

Does Coldcast, in your opinion, toss around enough power to create singularities as an after-effect?
Like I said that hardly matters into a fight.

But hey, at least Surfer is able to beat a few currs by those pew-pews.

abhilegend
Krosakis, amped up on both gladiator and the uni power,and that wasn't fake fighting
If only it was a straight win. Krosakis overloaded himself as he absorbed more power than he could handle.Originally posted by Genii96
Didn't surfer recently terraform thousands of planets accross the universe? No, he sent a code which destroyed the earlier code installed by the Zen-La.

He was getting beat up by Thing of all people in that comic. Go figure.

riv6672
^^^

https://media.giphy.com/media/AToqINiV1tdUQ/giphy.gif

just...precious.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, it was like their only appearance as a team was in a Superman comic.

Amazing!

I never used space cheese feats for anything here. But carry on.

Surfer has been knocked out by a similar attack. Good enough.

Manchester black mindrapes Surfer?

So you respond to every point, but I think you missed one.....

Genii96
If only it was a straight win. Krosakis overloaded himself as he absorbed more power than he could handle. No, he sent a code which destroyed the earlier code installed by the Zen-La.

He was getting beat up by Thing of all people in that comic. Go figure.
Lolz what? Surfer and krosakis were stalemating,then surfer overloaded him on purpose to end the fight,how the hell is that not a straight up win?

By beat up,you mean holding back nd trying to snap thing out of it? He oneshotted said thing in the previous issue,and took on a bunch of heroes in the current one.

Just reread the respect thread,he basically did wht that machine did,only a more powerful version

And lolz @ chester mindraping surfer

Btw what feats do these guys have against atomic dismantling?

abhilegend
So you respond to every point, but I think you missed one.....
Maybe one day you'll realise what I'm doing here.

thumb up

abhilegend
Lolz what? Surfer and krosakis were stalemating,then surfer overloaded him on purpose to end the fight,how the hell is that not a straight up win?

Maybe you should read the comic before spouting BS?

No, I mean he was getting beat up even after he was trying to end the fight as soon as he can.

He wasn't trying to get Thing snap out of it.

I don't need to read a respect thread. I've the comic kid.

Why? Chester basically controlled characters from universes away and reprogrammed Doomsday which J'onn, Brainiac and Maxima have all failed. Surfer gets mindraped by far less.
Hat's rune field takes care of that.

DarkSaint85
Maybe one day you'll realise what I'm doing here.

thumb up

So any proof that they beat the JSA with a KO?

Naija boy
Surfer wins

TheHulk
Surfer stomps them LOL

Genii96
Another Nigerian,I was beginning to get lonely

Naija boy
Another Nigerian,I was beginning to get lonely

thumb up I was the only Nigerian on this forum for years when it was alot more active and wasnt dominated by trolls with personal vendettas against fictional characters.

Tar-Antado
Yeah, Norrin wins here.

cdtm
Originally posted by Naija boy
thumb up I was the only Nigerian on this forum for years when it was alot more active and wasnt dominated by trolls with personal vendettas against fictional characters.

O_o personal vendetta..?

Far as I've seen, there's always been a mix of super fans and anti character trolls. Hulk, Wolverine, Superman, Flash all had their turns on either side..

Hell, the entire board basically has it in for poor Martian Manhunter. I feel like the troll just defending him around here. stick out tongue (No offense, KMC regs).

psycho gundam
Another Nigerian,I was beginning to get lonely Originally posted by Naija boy
thumb up I was the only Nigerian on this forum for years when it was alot more active and wasnt dominated by trolls with personal vendettas against fictional characters. This beautiful moment wouldn't have occurred without this thread

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>