Super-Skrull Fantastic 4 vs Sentinels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
Johnny Storm just went "super skrull" like on Fantastic 4 part 2. Doom sees sentinels coming and decides to go for a beer instead of fighting with his newfound silver surfer board powers. There are 3 sentinels...how goes it? Sentinels get all powers shown on days of future past.

TheLordofMurder
Sentinels win...

K-Dog
Johnny should be able to out race them in the air, he can't be hurt by their heat, between ben's durability and reed's flexibility I doubt they can stab or stretch or stomp him, and Ben is stronger than colossus and may be able to hurt the sentinels. Especially if he can make a long stretchy fist punch. And sue's force field powers may help with offence and defense too. He is fast enough to fly off if getting ganged up on too much. I think his fire is more powerful than sunspot to fight off sentinel ice powers. It may be close.

TheVaultDweller
What are the sentinels going to do if Johnny just goes invisible and uses his Thing level strength to lay into them? They haven't shown themselves capable of using a bunch of adaptations at once (at least not that I can recall), so if he wraps around one and crushes it, while heating it up at the same time, he could possibly take it out. And if he uses his invisibility cleverly, like he did against Doom, the sentinels are going to struggle keeping track of him.

TheLordofMurder
I'm not convinced that Johnny's Invisibility would be useful here; living beings cant see him, but I'm thinking that the Sentinels wouldnt be affected by that trick...

When invisible Johnny is still there, and I'm pretty sure Future Sentinel detection methods involve more than just optical sight (afterall they can track and blast opponents when their "eyes" are hidden from view when opening up their faces)...

As pertains the Sentinels ability to harm Johhny, between Diamond Form (which has offensive applications as one of the Future Sentinels in Diamond Form used its arm as a sharp blade to cut Sunspots arm off near the end of the movie) and replicating Colosuss's Metal Form (which significantly added to the Sentinels strength) I think they have enough offensive capability to bring Johhny down...

TheVaultDweller
Them tracking the mutants seemed to do more with detecting the x-gene. Storm has none. Until we see them actively tracking an invisible opponent, there is no concrete proof they can track Johnny. And Johnny has the combination of Thing's durability and Reed's elasticity, so I have a hard time seeing them doing any damage. And Thing's strength >>>>> Colossus' strength, based on feats. Colossus hasn't done anything that even remotely compares to Thing's London Eye feat. And that "diamond" form they likely copied from Emma was being damaged by Magneto, by wrapping some metal around it and squeezing, and that was before he even unlocked his proper potential in First Class. And Johnny's high end temperatures are well above Sunspot's, based on what actual feats we have for both.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Them tracking the mutants seemed to do more with detecting the x-gene. Storm has none. Until we see them actively tracking an invisible opponent, there is no concrete proof they can track Johnny. And Johnny has the combination of Thing's durability and Reed's elasticity, so I have a hard time seeing them doing any damage. And Thing's strength >>>>> Colossus' strength, based on feats. Colossus hasn't done anything that even remotely compares to Thing's London Eye feat. And that "diamond" form they likely copied from Emma was being damaged by Magneto, by wrapping some metal around it and squeezing, and that was before he even unlocked his proper potential in First Class. And Johnny's high end temperatures are well above Sunspot's, based on what actual feats we have for both.

Hmmm...

You make a solid argument; I gotta give this more thought...

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
The FF from those movies were actually quite powerful (unlike the really shitty reboot characters we got last year), and Johnny got all their powers together.

So the invisibility + forcefields, which were powerful enough to contain Torch's nova flames.

Reed's elasticity, which allowed him to take all kinds of hits (including being squashed completely flat) without any actual damage, expand himself like a giant parachute, and even squeeze limbs through gaps in doors etc.

Thing's strength, which could press the London Eye from shoulder to over head height. Plus his durability, which allowed him to tank falls from several stories up, a spinning helicopter tail rotor blade to the face, getting rammed by a speeding truck, and having a huge, multi-ton steel door smash into him at high velocity, all without any actual injury. The only reaction he made to any of those was saying "Ow", when the door hit him.

And then on top of that, Torch's heat, which can go into the thousands of degrees celsius, plus flight speed that allowed him to keep up with the Surfer.

Combined Johnny is no joke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.