MCU Thor punches like a Human

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Yes that's how I feel. With mjolnir opponents are flying but with bare hands, he punches like a human.

In Avengers 1, his punches Hulk which just snaps he s head back., in dark World his punches only snaps Kurse back. But matches Aether powered Malekith blow for blow.

So how strong is he?

Darth Thor
Physically, (counting strength, speed and agility but no Mjolnir or exotic powers), he's almost a match for Hulk.

With Mjolnir, there's only 1 Avenger whose in his league now, and that's Vision.

joesha28
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Physically, (counting strength, speed and agility but no Mjolnir or exotic powers), he's almost a match for Hulk.

With Mjolnir, there's only 1 Avenger whose in his league now, and that's Vision.

Almost a match? Hope we see more in thor 3, if geek.com is to be trusted.

SamZED
Like a human? No mere human could've hurt Hulk the way he did.

CPT Space Bomb
Thor is certainly the most affected by being in films (since Thor 1 he's been massively de-powered). But, he's still a match for the strongest beings in the MCU.

I feel that we're finally gonna see Thor go "all out" in Ragnarok. But I could be wrong.

D-Block
I want to see a solid lifting feat

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by D-Block
I want to see a solid lifting feat You'll probably be disappointed then. The MCU doesn't really "do" lifting. The best case scenario is probably going to be more striking feats/ fighting feats.

If he can hold his own against Hulk in an ACTUAL fight then that's fine enough for me tbh.

roughrider
I thought they have been holding back a bit on Thor's might in the name of team building, to allow other Avengers to have a role and not have him be so powerful he wouldn't need them. But he's getting more powerful all the time.

His best feats in the MCU:

- Taking on a whole army of Frost Giants and practically beating them himself, while destroying a large part of the planet - then flew right through Laufey's monstrous 'goat' just for giggles.

- Hitting an Aether-powered Malekith so hard the Earth cracked open around them and shockwaves shattered windows.

- His punches can stagger Hulk; with mjolnir he knocked him flying.

- Despite accidentally giving Iron Man a 400% powerup, took no damage or was staggered by any of IM's attacks on him.

- His lighting took down a few Chitauri leviathans at once, and split open the Sokovia meteor.

A lifting feat would be good; we saw in the first Avengers he seems able to match Hulk's strength. But when you have such an awesome hammer, it's hard not to lead with that.

JayDaDon
He snaps Hulk's head back with a punch...and that's punching like a human? huh

But I agree, Thor(and Hulk for that matter) may never get a better opportunity to cut loose than Ragnarok. If they miss this chance it will be pretty disappointing.

nfactor1995
I mean, he was sending soldiers flying pretty dang far in that opening scene in Age of Ultron, and it seems to be pretty clearly established he's out of the league of someone like Cap. Though I put him below Hulk overall even with Mjolnir, he was able to stagger him with his hits, which gives you an idea of his level of striking power. His hits only look human because of who he's fighting: Vision, Hulk, Malekith, Loki etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.