So, God has a wife?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/god-wife-yahweh-asherah-110318.htm

Who says TV isnt educational? God's sister is running rampant in Supernatural, and his wife is mentioned in the season finale of Lucifer.
I wondered if this was just artistic license. Guess not.

And yes, yes, i know, to SOME folks, its ALL one big fiction. stick out tongue

Lord Lucien
Think it was a Jewish wedding?

riv6672
Hava Nagila...

Lord Lucien
Valar morghulis.

Nusa105
What religion are you, riv?

riv6672
Asatru, though i was raised Catholic till age 12 when i was asked not to come back to church.

Surtur
Good lord I feel bad for the wife. Imagine what would happen if she was late with dinner? I bet this woman "stumbled" into a lot of "door knobs" over the years.

Originally posted by riv6672
Asatru, though i was raised Catholic till age 12 when i was asked not to come back to church.

Lol what did you do, show actual intelligence and the church couldn't handle it?

riv6672
-shrug-
I ran across the "can God make a rock so heavy he couldnt lift it" question in a library book, and asked the good padre.
Maybe i caught him on an off day, but he got pissed, told my mom i was no longer welcome.
I got beat all the way home.

I think i came out ahead, though. While i believe in God, i'm not blind to the bullshit of organized religion.

Sacred Fire
-shrug-
I ran across the "can God make a rock so heavy he couldnt lift it" question in a library book, and asked the good padre.
Maybe i caught him on an off day, but he got pissed, told my mom i was no longer welcome.

I think i came out ahead, though. While i believe in God, i'm not blind to the bullshit of organized religion.

thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

Surtur
-shrug-

Wait your mom didn't even bother to ask him why he was saying a CHILD can't come back to church?

I too was scolded for questioning a teacher, but they didn't kick me out because then they wouldn't get that sweet sweet tuition money. The scary thing is priests like you just described are disturbingly not as uncommon as one would hope.

Any religion that can't stand being questioned really just needs to be erased from existence.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Surtur
...Any religion that can't stand being questioned really just needs to be erased from existence.
Really? "Erased from existence"?
I believe that all religions have a life span. Therefore every religion today will eventually die. All we need to do is make better religions for the future.

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait your mom didn't even bother to ask him why he was saying a CHILD can't come back to church?
Haha, nooooo....laughing

Surtur
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Really? "Erased from existence"?
I believe that all religions have a life span. Therefore every religion today will eventually die. All we need to do is make better religions for the future.

Yes erased from existence. Omega Effect those motherf*ckers that can't stand to be questioned. Waiting for them to die takes too long.

All religions have life spans, some have human life spans and some have the life spans of a f*cking Asgardian lol. Do you want to just sit around and wait for Thor to die?

riv6672
^^^Sure, pick on MY god. stick out tongue

Surtur
He tried to murder Captain America for no legit reason!!!

riv6672
laughing out loud

Stigma
As a Catholic my biggest concern with this issue is if god uses protection during his playtime with the missus.<mindblown>

riv6672
^^^ no protection. Hence the milky way.

DarthAnt66
Who believes this stuff anyway? laughing out loud

riv6672
Certainly not mature people like you. laughing out loud

Surtur
Originally posted by Stigma
As a Catholic my biggest concern with this issue is if god uses protection during his playtime with the missus.<mindblown>

He probably neglects his wife. I hear God has a thing for virgins. Plus he's a gentlemen, you remember how he asked Mary in advance if he could impregnate her, right? How he asked her permission? It set a good example.

Lord Lucien
He was disguised as a swan.

riv6672
I've seen some nice artwork of that.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Who believes this stuff anyway? laughing out loud

^He did.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
^He did.
http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb65qfkYA41rg5ot1o2_500.gif

riv6672
I believe in RDJ, too.

People said gus career was dead and he couldnt carry the first Iron Man movie. The fools.

Surtur
I'm just waiting for Sherlock 3.

riv6672
Same. I love his version of the character.
Actually i enjoy all 3 current versions.

Surtur
Luckily the next Sherlock with RDJ begins filming this fall. He's now who I think of whenever I think of the character. I actually enjoy him as Holmes more then I do as Iron Man.

riv6672
I enjoy both characters as played by him. I cant see another actor playing Iron Man, but like i said i like the Lee Miller and Cumberbatch Sherlocks too, all are unique takes.

Greatest I am
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/god-wife-yahweh-asherah-110318.htm

]

Christians can never accept that fact.

It would mean that God cheated on Asherah with Mary.

Bad enough as is with God coveting Mary, another mans wife, cuckolded Joseph, and then became a deadbeat dad by just taking off and abandoning his son.

Christians like to mimic that and that is why we have about 50% of all households now having only a single female parent.

Christians like to follow their God's lead ------ in some few instances.

Regards
DL

riv6672
laughing out loud

nfactor1995
Asherah was a false god/idol that the Israelites worshiped...such as during the time of Ahab and Jezebel...

riv6672
Huh. Lots of thread bumps for me today.

Flyattractor
It is a well known fact that we and the universe are really just God's Basement Hobby to get Him away from the Wife's nagging.

Mindship
^^^ no protection. Hence the milky way. Not the Big Bang? There goes that theory.

riv6672
The Big Bang led to the Milky Way. As it should. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.