Best Game of Thrones fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Who are the best fighters in Game of Thrones and how would you rank them?

Here's a list I came up with (no particular order)

The Mountain
The Hound
Brienne of Tarth
Jon Snow
Tormund Giantsbane
Khal Drogo
Jaime Lannister
Bronn
Barristan Selmy
Oberyn Martell
Stannis Baratheon
Jorah Mormont
Daario Naharis

NemeBro
You forgot Hot Pie.

Nephthys
Brienne tbh.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Brienne tbh. Brienne has only beaten people of note who were either chained and starved or suffering from infected wounds. thumb down

Nephthys
Compared to?

Flyattractor
Syrio Forel.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Compared to? People who are verifiable one man armies like Tormund, people who have fought and downed one of the most dangerous and the strongest knights in Westeros like Oberyn, people who have demonstrated superhuman strength like Gregor (I'm not sure what the OP means by "best", if they mean most skilled this isn't relevant, if they mean the most effective it is), etc.

Brienne's feats just aren't particularly impressive. That it took her so long to beat a man who was starved, out of practice, and chained looks much less impressive than Eddard arguably getting the better of that same man while he's in his prime in a duel. Oh, she also fought Sandor Clegane with a Valyrian steel sword. The deck is always stacked in her favor.

Though actually, Ramsay is the best fighter in the show. thumb up

Who else can slaughter heavily armed and armoured Ironborn warriors with just two daggers and completely shirtless?

ares834
Jaime in his prime is the best.

Firefly218
The red viper was the most talented

Kento
Ned and Robert.

Arachnid1
Jaime Lannister and Prime Robert

Mindset
Red Viper

Rebel95
Also Arthur Dayne

S_W_LeGenD
Khal Drogo perhaps.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Rebel95
Also Arthur Dayne Actually yeah. This and Prime Ser Barristan are top.

Robtard
iirc, GRRM has said that Arthur Dayne and Barristan Selmy are the two best fighters (he might have said "swordsmen"wink, but Dayne would have a slight advantage if he was using his meteor-sword should they have dueled

quanchi112
Red Viper stands atop.

Trocity
Dayne, Selmy, Jaime.

Robert Baratheon was also an impressive warrior. Although this is the tv forum, and so Robert is just a fat f*** with no feats by this point.

Robtard
If we're going with only shown formidability only, then Jaime suffers in that regard as well, much if his prowess is spoken of; not shown.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
iirc, GRRM has said that Arthur Dayne and Barristan Selmy are the two best fighters (he might have said "swordsmen"wink, but Dayne would have a slight advantage if he was using his meteor-sword should they have dueled The fat man said that a fight between Dayne and Selmy in their primes would be a stalemate, with Dayne's sword tipping the scales, but he never said they were the two best fighters.

IIRC he once listed a few people he considered the overall best fighters in the show (I think he compared them to professional athletes compared to their peers). IIRC Jaime (with hand), Gregor, Sandor, Barristan, Oberyn and Loras made the list.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
The fat man said that a fight between Dayne and Selmy in their primes would be a stalemate, with Dayne's sword tipping the scales, but he never said they were the two best fighters.

IIRC he once listed a few people he considered the overall best fighters in the show (I think he compared them to professional athletes compared to their peers). IIRC Jaime (with hand), Gregor, Sandor, Barristan, Oberyn and Loras made the list. He also stated show Ned would beat prime Jaime, so Ned should be on the list.

Dayne flat out stomped Ned too, so I'd put him above all of the show characters.

Rebel95
Dayne was a total badass in the show, I don't see anyone beating him

ArtificialGlory
Arthur Dayne. He's obviously some kind of an ubermensch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.