Who has the greatest intellectual feats between Reed, Doom or T'challa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
Reed/Doom

T'challa

generally considered the 3 most intelligent humans in all of Marvel....

who has the greatest intellectual feats (science +strategic+ prep etc. etc. and otherwise) of all 3?

EcstaticGrace
Reed and Doom are above everyone else and probably could be debated about.

T'Challa might end up ranking higher in the MU if he keeps going the route he is in Ultimates like changing Galactus's nature.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Reed and Doom are above everyone else and probably could be debated about.

T'Challa might end up ranking higher in the MU if he keeps going the route he is in Ultimates like changing Galactus's nature.

ehh that feat in particular... I think you have to put that into perspective Grace

T'challa was using most of Galactus tech to do that and he did it with a whole team that included Adam...its not like he did it by himself...

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by SWblayde938
ehh that feat in particular... I think you have to put that into perspective Grace

T'challa was using most of Galactus tech to do that and he did it with a whole team that included Adam...its not like he did it by himself...

It's questionable since we don't really get to see the behind the work stuff of what's going on. I took it more Panther based because he's the one who confronted Galactus. Regardless if it was Galactus's tech or not he was able to operate and understand it as well as use it against him. Brashear probably had a lot in play though just by opinion sake given he's also a genius.

Most of Panther's outlandish feats might be with the assistance of others though same with Doom as well though but maybe more with their thoughts being what's being driven at least a lot of recent stuff I can think of.

SWblayde938
It's questionable since we don't really get to see the behind the work stuff of what's going on. I took it more Panther based because he's the one who confronted Galactus. Regardless if it was Galactus's tech or not he was able to operate and understand it as well as use it against him. Brashear probably had a lot in play though just by opinion sake given he's also a genius.

Most of Panther's outlandish feats might be with the assistance of others though same with Doom as well though but maybe more with their thoughts being what's being driven at least a lot of recent stuff I can think of. That's the thing

don't get me wrong, I love T'challa

but like you said, if you look at alot of his greatest feats, most their time there in conjunction with Reed or it was general Wakanda scientists...its hard to say what really his

Reed and Doom don't really have that same level of ambiguity to them in terms of credit for intellectual achievements..cause they mostly work alone

Even with Ultimates, which i enjoy alot, i think whatever T'challa does feat wise, will always be put into question because he is working with a team of geniuses... I mean that's how people are going to see it in future vs. battles

Obviously writers don't write T'challa as being a science guy 24/7 as he has a kingdom to watch over...

but even then, the reason I created this thread is if there is something i don't know aobut T'challa that others might know that would put him on the same level as Reed and Doom

riv6672
Reed
Doom
BP

Panther isnt even in the top five, probably not even top ten.

EcstaticGrace
That's the thing

don't get me wrong, I love T'challa

but like you said, if you look at alot of his greatest feats, most their time there in conjunction with Reed or it was general Wakanda scientists...its hard to say what really his

Reed and Doom don't really have that same level of ambiguity to them in terms of credit for intellectual achievements..cause they mostly work alone

Even with Ultimates, which i enjoy alot, i think whatever T'challa does feat wise, will always be put into question because he is working with a team of geniuses... I mean that's how people are going to see it in future vs. battles

Obviously writers don't write T'challa as being a science guy 24/7 as he has a kingdom to watch over...

but even then, the reason I created this thread is if there is something i don't know aobut T'challa that others might know that would put him on the same level as Reed and Doom

I agree with a lot of this. I honestly do Panther is my favorite hero but I'm definitely not trying to suggest he's Reed/Doom brain wise, I relate him to Batman and even Doom in the sense that he's a Polymath though he excels in a lot of areas where Reed is more scientific/planning. T'Challa is that as well maybe not to the same level but he's that and many more stuff in terms of knowledge. Among the three I'd put him as the wisest. It really depends on what your looking for in the term intelligence.

Science - Probably Reed though Doom could be debated for
Magic - Doom though T'Challa has knowledge in this area
Spiritual - Panther
Prep - Reed and Doom definitely excel in this area, Reed probably edges. Panther isn't to far I believe.
Strategy - Probably Doom but T'Challa shouldn't be to far behind given Doomwar despite losing alot.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by riv6672
Reed
Doom
BP

Panther isnt even in the top five, probably not even top ten.

Where do you get your info from?

During Doomwar Victor told T'Challa they've been on equal footing for years like in a game of chess

After Doomwar in Man without fear Panther told Spiderman he's the 8th smartest man in world at the time.

Not sure where he ranks now if it's changed or not.

After Reed/Doom though it gets pretty debatable

riv6672
From reading Marvel comics.
Do you realize the sheer number of geniuses in the MU?
Hell, Spider-man invented web fluid/shooters, spider tracers in HS, with a budget of "i have to earn money for Aunt May" when he was 15, and even HE might not be top 10 or 5.

What was BP doing at that age, with every advantage money, position and power can provide?
Probably something cool no doubt, but nothing to put him in the top 10, much less 5 spot on a genius list.

EcstaticGrace
From reading Marvel comics.
Do you realize the sheer number of geniuses in the MU?
Hell, Spider-man invented web fluid/shooters, spider tracers in HS, with a budget of "i have to earn money for Aunt May" when he was 15, and even HE might not be top 10 or 5.

What was BP doing at that age, with every advantage money, position and power can provide?
Probably something cool no doubt, but nothing to put him in the top 10, much less 5 spot on a genius list.

You should read Black Panther Man Without Fear he's living in Hells Kitchen doesn't have his money, position or power. He develops a device that can reverse the polarity of electrons from material he got from a hardware store. I'd put that above Web shooters. Same comic he's stated as the smartest man alive by his own accord, Spider-man suggested I belive that he was the sixth. Stark has called Panther one of the 2 smartest men he knows.

He's made devices that have drained Surfer of his power cosmic, Studied Quantum Science and Alchemy I belive that's how he made the teleporting tech he was wearing as KOTD.

Age is irrelevant to whose smarter but just for show

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111244877/5197745-p4_19_15-1.jpg

riv6672
That was just an example, not my whole reasoning.
You want to blow it off, thats fine.
The OP makes it clear you consider him top 3, but i dont.

He isnt incapable of inventing things, he's just not in the top 5/10 MU smartest.

EcstaticGrace

He isnt incapable of inventing things, he's just not in the top 5/10 MU smartest.

I never suggested he was top 3. I think the third spot could be argued about. In terms of overall intelligence in comics have suggested he wasn't top 3 in the MU. It really depends on what areas you want to focus on or how you view his feats. Inventive wise their probably more impressive characters I don't think that's the the only value of intelligence though.

riv6672
You are correct, i apologize. Could have sworn you'd quoted the OP earlier.

In regards to this thread, the right answer is Reed, Doom, BP.
Top 5, top 10? Hit me with your list.

1. Reed Richards- respectedany most as the smartest man in the world and master of all feilds of science, particularly cosmic radiation and antimatter physics (negative zone)

2. Dr. Doom- Some may say that Doom is the evil intellectual counterpart to Richards in all fields of science, however, Doom has also perfected a field that many would dare claim as science, dark magic. Although Pym has stated that "Magic is just science that I have yet to figure out." Doom is also a genius in the fields of robotics and energy absorption/manipulation.

3. Hank Pym- dubbed as the scientist supreme, Pym is the leading man in the fields of biocybernetics (ultron), bio-particle physics, and multi dimensional physics (Pym particles/micro- and macroverses)

4. Bruce Banner- always portrayed to be a master of radiation biophysics, particularly high frequency gamma rays absorption; as of late, Banner has been shown to also be a master of many other fields of science ranging from technology (force fields/teleportation) to genetics (cellular manipulation of his own DNA to control the Hulk). We also see in Fall of the Hulks story arc that Banner is a master strategist.

5. Tony Stark- always seen as the leading innovator of all things tech, Stark is particularly known for his works in weaponry and being a master at futurism, the ability to predict future problems and develop solutions before they even present themselves. However, after the civil war and secret invasion, we come to realize that Starks genius is best served on the circuit boards.

^^^Thats pretty much the top 5 right there.

Then you have guys like:

Amadeus Cho-mathematics/physics

Hank McCoy-genetics

M.O.D.O.K.-genetics

The Leader-radiation

High Evolutionary-genetics

Mr. Sinister-genetics

Charles Xavier-neuroscience/psychology/tech

Dr. Nemesis-physiology

Prodigy-many fields

Cypher-technology/code

Forge-technology

Noh-Varr-technology

Arnim Zola-genetics

Magneto-Electromagnetism/Technology/physiology

And many more.
So yeah, BP breaking the top 10? Not IMO. Not to say he's dumb. Not to say he cant invent things.
But he's the King of one of the most advanced nations on the planet. He doesnt have to be the smartest. He has people for that. Heck, he has Reed for that.

SWblayde938

thats a fair point....I saw T'challa as being number 3 because he always seems to be Reed's go to partner when it comes to technical science stuff but thats probably more because its easier to work with T'challa than Hank or Tony etc.

Grace, you are right that Victor said he was on equal footing with T'challa for years...

but remember in Doomwar, Victor was able to unlock the full potential of Vibranium that generations of Wakandian scientists, sorcerers and T'challa himself could not unlock

Mindset
I agree with a lot of this. I honestly do Panther is my favorite hero but I'm definitely not trying to suggest he's Reed/Doom brain wise, I relate him to Batman and even Doom in the sense that he's a Polymath though he excels in a lot of areas where Reed is more scientific/planning. T'Challa is that as well maybe not to the same level but he's that and many more stuff in terms of knowledge. Among the three I'd put him as the wisest. It really depends on what your looking for in the term intelligence.

Science - Probably Reed though Doom could be debated for
Magic - Doom though T'Challa has knowledge in this area
Spiritual - Panther
Prep - Reed and Doom definitely excel in this area, Reed probably edges. Panther isn't to far I believe.
Strategy - Probably Doom but T'Challa shouldn't be to far behind given Doomwar despite losing alot. Is magic not spiritual?

riv6672
riv who do you consider your top 5 smartest humans in MU?

See above.

Guess we posted simultaneously.

SWblayde938
See above.

Guess we posted simultaneously.

Doesn't Doom rival Strange in knowledge of magic?

riv6672
Thats a whooole different subject. Short answer (for me) is no he doesnt, overall, though he likely has more specific knowledge in certain more evil areas.

SWblayde938
Thats a whooole different subject. Short answer (for me) is no he doesnt, overall, though he likely has more specific knowledge in certain more evil areas.

is it true that T'challa beat Doom in Doomwar if i remember right

or was it a stalemate

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Mindset
Is magic not spiritual?

I wouldn't say downright. Maybe Spiritual being a subsection of Magic if not it's own thing all together.

EcstaticGrace
thats a fair point....I saw T'challa as being number 3 because he always seems to be Reed's go to partner when it comes to technical science stuff but thats probably more because its easier to work with T'challa than Hank or Tony etc.

Grace, you are right that Victor said he was on equal footing with T'challa for years...

but remember in Doomwar, Victor was able to unlock the full potential of Vibranium that generations of Wakandian scientists, sorcerers and T'challa himself could not unlock

Same logic though would suggest Reed didn't know the true nature of Galactus and The Ultimates found that out. Still place him above any of the Ultimates scientically though. But keep in mind during Doomwar is when T'Challa started focusing more on magic something he wasn't that knowledgeable on and probably didn't know much if at all that Vibranium had magic properties. Whereas Doom practices the Arcane.

Khazra Reborn
Reed is smartest, his daughter Valeria is his closest peer. Doom is a pussy, and T'Charlie dresses like a cat.

SWblayde938
Ok after Reed and Doom

I can see Pym being ahead of T'challa but after that...no one else

I don't think anyone can argue Tony is ahead of T'challa

krisblaze
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Reed is smartest, his daughter Valeria is his closest peer. Doom is a pussy, and T'Charlie dresses like a cat.
Sums it up nicely.

abhilegend
thumb up

EcstaticGrace
Ok after Reed and Doom

I can see Pym being ahead of T'challa but after that...no one else

I don't think anyone can argue Tony is ahead of T'challa

Valeria was a pretty good mention actually. Tony tends to be the best at mechanical engineering that's even above Reed but I wouldn't equate that to overall intelligence.

SWblayde938
Valeria was a pretty good mention actually. Tony tends to be the best at mechanical engineering that's even above Reed but I wouldn't equate that to overall intelligence.

well i think Tony has the greater practical intelligence...while people like Reed have the greatest theoretical knowlege etc.

DarkSaint85
http://i.imgur.com/2UDwT1Y.jpg

On top of this, in terms of building, Tony is > Reed, according to Reed.
http://i.imgur.com/0AnGiL2.jpg

Sin I AM
Reed/Doom

T'challa

who has the greatest intellectual feats (science +strategic+ prep etc. etc. and otherwise) of all 3?

As far a simple intelligence goes. Id place the HE or Charles, Valeria, Moira Mctaggert above the likes of Tchalla. This list seems off to me

HulkIsHulk

1. Reed Richards- respectedany most as the smartest man in the world and master of all feilds of science, particularly cosmic radiation and antimatter physics (negative zone)

2. Dr. Doom- Some may say that Doom is the evil intellectual counterpart to Richards in all fields of science, however, Doom has also perfected a field that many would dare claim as science, dark magic. Although Pym has stated that "Magic is just science that I have yet to figure out." Doom is also a genius in the fields of robotics and energy absorption/manipulation.

3. Hank Pym- dubbed as the scientist supreme, Pym is the leading man in the fields of biocybernetics (ultron), bio-particle physics, and multi dimensional physics (Pym particles/micro- and macroverses)

4. Bruce Banner- always portrayed to be a master of radiation biophysics, particularly high frequency gamma rays absorption; as of late, Banner has been shown to also be a master of many other fields of science ranging from technology (force fields/teleportation) to genetics (cellular manipulation of his own DNA to control the Hulk). We also see in Fall of the Hulks story arc that Banner is a master strategist.

5. Tony Stark- always seen as the leading innovator of all things tech, Stark is particularly known for his works in weaponry and being a master at futurism, the ability to predict future problems and develop solutions before they even present themselves. However, after the civil war and secret invasion, we come to realize that Starks genius is best served on the circuit boards.

Then you have guys like:

Hank McCoy-genetics

M.O.D.O.K.-genetics

The Leader-radiation

Mr. Sinister-genetics

Dr. Nemesis-physiology

Prodigy-many fields

Cypher-technology/code

Forge-technology

Noh-Varr-technology

Arnim Zola-genetics

And many more.
So yeah, BP breaking the top 10? Not IMO. Not to say he's dumb. Not to say he cant invent things.
But he's the King of one of the most advanced nations on the planet. He doesnt have to be the smartest. He has people for that. Heck, he has Reed for that.
thumb up excellent post

jrodslam
Id put Stark above Banner Riv, but not mad at the list at all.

Edit. Parker should be up there as well.

SWblayde938
but the thing is.....alot of you are putting Tony above T'challa

but T'challa has outsmarted Tony in many occasions...

EcstaticGrace

I don't get how Reed talking Tony up for survival is being noted more then the multiple occasions Panther has outsmarted someone or been stated as equals or placed in a bracket of intelligence.

Sure there are a lot of scientists in the MU that are really smart in a certain area like Tony in mechanics, but characters like T'Challa can build machines as well and then go on to do other things in different areas of science or even intelligence. It's a bit disregarding in my opinion to put Xavier above him.

krisblaze
Can the "scientist supreme" meme end please?

It was Loki.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by krisblaze
Can the "scientist supreme" meme end please?

It was Loki.

I'm thinking of Reed telling Hank he'll always be ahead of him and never able to be reached.

One_Angry_Scot
Reed gives Tony a lot of plaudits here.

http://i61.tinypic.com/20rmjjd.jpg

riv6672

Outsmarting isnt the same as out intelligencing.

SWblayde938
I don't get how Reed talking Tony up for survival is being noted more then the multiple occasions Panther has outsmarted someone or been stated as equals or placed in a bracket of intelligence.

Sure there are a lot of scientists in the MU that are really smart in a certain area like Tony in mechanics, but characters like T'Challa can build machines as well and then go on to do other things in different areas of science or even intelligence. It's a bit disregarding in my opinion to put Xavier above him.

being a polymath doesn't necesarry mean you are more intelligent than someone highly specialized

StiltmanFTW
Reed/Doom

T'challa

What is T'Challa doing here?

Masturbating while other TOP50 most intelligent humans do the work?

Because he's dumb as hell, barely Batman level.

Cogito
Reed has the second greatest intellectual feat in comics - recreating the multiverse from memory.

Doom has the greatest intellectual feat in comics - being better than Reed.

riv6672
I see the shit talk brigade has been deployed! laughing

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Reed gives Tony a lot of plaudits here.

http://i61.tinypic.com/20rmjjd.jpg

Bravo scot. Great scan.

StiltmanFTW
"not as simple as us"

Reed is not simple, either. That's why people need to punch him in his face (and he's too dumb to use his powers to prevent the damage).

Reed #1000.

Doom - top 5.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Cogito
Reed has the second greatest intellectual feat in comics - recreating the multiverse from memory.

The only thing Doom trumps Reed in is babysitting.

StiltmanFTW
The only thing Doom trumps Reed in is babysitting.

And magic.

And actual thinking.

And banging b!tches.

And weapons.

And fighting.

And awesomeness.

And costumes.

And monologues.

And everything.

Mindset
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And magic.

And actual thinking.

And banging b!tches.

And weapons.

And fighting.

And awesomeness.

And costumes.

And monologues.

And everything. http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/proud-gif-784.gif

riv6672
Reed used to be a favorite character of mine. Nerdy. Awkward. A good friend. Worked hard at being a dad.

I'll always give him props for being smart though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Cogito

False. Even the arc which is totally focused on Doom, Reed simply asked Doom to bend over and take it like a good ***** that he is.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w455/DreddRespect/SecretWars09j.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w455/DreddRespect/SecretWars09k.jpg

Doom bent like the good ***** he is.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Bravo scot. Great scan.

Phuck you.

8swords
Originally posted by abhilegend
False. Even the arc which is totally focused on Doom, Reed simply asked Doom to bend over and take it like a good ***** that he is.

thumb up

thumb upthumb upthumb up

that "oh sh**" look on doom's face in the last panel though laughing out loud

SquallX
Originally posted by abhilegend

thumb up

Can i get some context please.

riv6672
^^^Not likely. laughing out loud

TheHulk

Then you have guys like:

Hank McCoy-genetics

M.O.D.O.K.-genetics

The Leader-radiation

Mr. Sinister-genetics

Dr. Nemesis-physiology

Prodigy-many fields

Cypher-technology/code

Forge-technology

Noh-Varr-technology

Arnim Zola-genetics

And many more.
But he's the King of one of the most advanced nations on the planet. He doesnt have to be the smartest. He has people for that. Heck, he has Reed for that. Quite the good post and that is my top 5 too. Except i do think BP cracks the top 10 list. He has been referred as such quite a few times.

riv6672
Not by me, but, that is a-ok. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.