Black Widow solo film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
So looks like this might actually be happening, eventually:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/kevin-feige-says-marvel-committing-black-widow-film

Kazenji
Time for a good female comic book movie to be made, After the rubbish we got with Elektra & Catwoman....Even tho i don't consider the latter one to be a comic book movie, Has very little connection to the Batman universe.

Darth Thor
We will get the female superhero thing with Captain Marvel movie. Not really interested in a BW film tbh. We have the Netflix shows for the street level characters.

Would prefer they do another Hulk film instead. He's the only original super powered Avenger without his own franchise.

juggernaut74
Wonder Woman looks good......so far.

steverules_2
That's cuz Zack Snyders not directing, though he is one of 3 producers for the film...

MF DELPH
I think a Black Widow film is a good idea because it could be used as a vehicle to launch other characters like Moonstone, Fixer, and Radioactive Man and lay the ground work for the Thunderbolts (assuming Civil War isn't the last we get of Zemo).

CPT Space Bomb
I honestly feel like it shouldn't be a Black Widow solo film but maybe a team-up with Hawkeye. I'd love to see them working together and give us more history about their past. Maybe the "Budapest" incident they keep talking about.

BruceSkywalker
IMO, it won't happen if at all until 2020-2022...

steverules_2
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I honestly feel like it shouldn't be a Black Widow solo film but maybe a team-up with Hawkeye. I'd love to see them working together and give us more history about their past. Maybe the "Budapest" incident they keep talking about.

They keep talking about? I think you mean that one time they talk about it

BW: This reminds me of Budapest
HE: You and I remember Budapest very differently

And then that's it

Darth Thor
^ Yeah that's what I thought as well, that it's only mentioned once.

Plus no point in a Prequel to Avengers1 (and possibly even Iron Man 2) 3-5 years from now.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by steverules_2
They keep talking about? I think you mean that one time they talk about it

BW: This reminds me of Budapest
HE: You and I remember Budapest very differently

And then that's it Could have sworn it was brought up twice in Avengers.... been years since I've seen Avengers 1

Anyway, I really have no interest in a Black Widow solo movie. I have SOME interest in a movie with her and Hawkeye. To me though, she and Hawkeye are perfect "Bench" characters. They're not really super heroes as much as they are super helpers.

For instance, we saw what happened when Black Widow tried to fight someone on the level of Winter Soldier. Both times (TWS and CW) she got her ass kicked. It's not her fault, she put up a good fight considering she's just human.

TheVaultDweller
I'd be keen for this. 2 Hours of watching Scarlett Johansson kicking ass in a skin tight outfit? But then again, I guess that's basically going to be Ghost In The Shell. Though even if they do make it a Black Widow centered film, I am sure some of the other characters will make cameos. The Hawkeye/Widow team up would be good if Clint wasn't currently a wanted fugitive. Then again, a film where Widow is maybe tasked with capturing Clint could be pretty interesting too.

CPT Space Bomb
Keep in mind after the events of Civil War Widow is a "criminal" as well.

TheVaultDweller
I suppose, but we never really saw what happens there. Tony said Ross was "coming for" her, after Black Panther told him what she did, but that's it. It's actually going to be interesting to see how they bring all these current "rogue" characters back into the fold.

On a side note, how the hell is Ross allowed in that kind of position when he is pretty much directly responsible for creating Abomination? Whatever self-realisation he had doesn't trump creating a psychotic monster that wrecked half a city.

Quincy
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I suppose, but we never really saw what happens there. Tony said Ross was "coming for" her, after Black Panther told him what she did, but that's it. It's actually going to be interesting to see how they bring all these current "rogue" characters back into the fold.

On a side note, how the hell is Ross allowed in that kind of position when he is pretty much directly responsible for creating Abomination? Whatever self-realisation he had doesn't trump creating a psychotic monster that wrecked half a city.

That's likely his reasoning for wanting to get involved in the Sokovia Accords. Same as Tony. Guilt, ya dig?

CPT Space Bomb
On a side note, how the hell is Ross allowed in that kind of position when he is pretty much directly responsible for creating Abomination? Whatever self-realisation he had doesn't trump creating a psychotic monster that wrecked half a city. Yah, I had the same problem with Ross that you did. He is directly responsible for the destruction of Harlem. Makes you wonder WHY he got that position. There is definitely something going on behind the scenes.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Quincy
That's likely his reasoning for wanting to get involved in the Sokovia Accords. Same as Tony. Guilt, ya dig?

Yeah, there is guilt. But I mean more like how/why someone else would give him that kind of power. We've seen that his emotions can cloud his decisions (like Betty's involvement with Banner), and he is not exactly the best judge of character either (giving Blonsky the serum). Considering the position he is in, those aren't the most ideal character traits. And as pointed out above, those flaws resulted in the destruction of Harlem.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, I had the same problem with Ross that you did. He is directly responsible for the destruction of Harlem. Makes you wonder WHY he got that position. There is definitely something going on behind the scenes.

I guess the military is a bit like Hollywood, you fail upwards.

|King Joker|
Can't wait. This is long overdue, IMO.

Inhuman
I think by the time they get out a BW movie, Scar Jo will be too old.

I think it's a better idea to get her Netflix series. Maybe a 6 episode series.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
IMO, it won't happen if at all until 2020-2022...
If this is true thenOriginally posted by Inhuman
I think by the time they get out a BW movie, Scar Jo will be too old.

I think it's a better idea to get her Netflix series. Maybe a 6 episode series.

Surtur
Or just leave her as she is. It seems like this chick appears in every single friggin Marvel movie anyways. I'm shocked they didn't find a way to shoehorn her into Guardians of the Galaxy.

HulkIsHulk

Whatever influence he has to get his hands on the SS serum helped him out I suppose.
In the consultant one -shot it was shown that some superiors thought Hulk was responsible for Harlem destruction. SMH at them
Also, he could simply put the blame of creating Abomination on Blonsky and Sterns and even Banner, plus he could point out he did succeed in capturing Abom as well. Maybe Ross could've been even blackmailed to take that positions o that he makes no trouble aka kicked upstairs

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Surtur
Or just leave her as she is. It seems like this chick appears in every single friggin Marvel movie anyways. I'm shocked they didn't find a way to shoehorn her into Guardians of the Galaxy.
Cap appeared in every movie so did Iron Man. You need a way to shut up the P correctness guys and the SJW. They too have money

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Would prefer they do another Hulk film instead. He's the only original super powered Avenger without his own franchise.
thumb up
Yeah, but he's the most complex guy to write. And if the next movie BO is disappointing chances for a Hulk movie are finished

Surtur
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Cap appeared in every movie so did Iron Man. You need a way to shut up the P correctness guys and the SJW. They too have money

If someone isn't going to want to see more Marvel movies because Black Widow didn't get her own movie to me that would be weird. No offense to the character, but she seems better as a side character. Not because she is female, but just because of the type of character she portrays. It makes sense for her to pop up in all these different movies. as opposed to her own. It's the same reason we don't need a "Nick Fury" movie.

I think she'd need a "Black Widow" movie in name only. Like they need other more popular characters lol. It can't just be "Black Widow goes up against..a Black Widow villain from comics", assuming she even has her own villains. They'd need to put Hulk or Iron Man or Hawkeye or someone else in it with her.

Kazenji
Seems Whedon would like to do the movie if it was offered to him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.