Darth Maul (SoD) vs MCU Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fight takes place in a frozen tundra.

The Ellimist
Maul stomps.

ILS
Can Maul even hurt Vision? He's made of Vibranium and can go intangible at a thought.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Pretty sure it's been argued that lightsabers can cut through admantium, much less vibranium.

The Ellimist
MCU adamantium =/= 616 adamantium

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
intangible lasers and stremph make this fight interesting.

ILS
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Pretty sure it's been argued that lightsabers can cut through admantium, much less vibranium. Probably unsuccessfully. Adamantium is pretty much unbreakable sans magic. Lightsabers have met metals so tough they can't melt but rather have to be broken with sufficient physical force. Safe to say I don't think someone like Maul has the physical force needed to break something Hulk can't destroy.
Originally posted by The Ellimist
MCU adamantium =/= 616 adamantium True, but I'm assuming Caps shield and shit will end up operating the same way as in the comics.

Gonna say Vision wins a war of attrition in the end.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ILS
Probably unsuccessfully. Adamantium is pretty much unbreakable sans magic. Lightsabers have met metals so tough they can't melt but rather have to be broken with sufficient physical force. Safe to say I don't think someone like Maul has the physical force needed to break something Hulk can't destroy.

That's fair enough.

That said, you don't think Maul can win with either his speed or TK?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ILS

True, but I'm assuming Caps shield and shit will end up operating the same way as in the comics.

The MCU is below 616 in every other feat by orders of magnitude, so why would its adamantium/vibranium be similar?

There's no reason to believe that a slightly-more-advanced than modern day Earth society could create material that can resist lightsaber blows, when that kind of stuff is incredibly rare within the SW galaxy.

Also isn't Ultron made of vibranium? Because he's clearly ripped apart by conventional explosives. erm

ILS
Sure, comics > movies, but vibranium being an impenetrable metal is kind of an immovable concept, like Cap being a super soldier who used to be a skinny wimp, or Thor's hammer being something only he can pick up (or synthetics, apparently). That's why I think it'd be dumb for them to nerf it.

Marvel is faaar more advanced than modern-day society, even in the MCU, never mind the comics.

Ultron was getting hurt by conventional shit to begin with but IIRC he's vibranium at the tailend of the movie, where he starts beating Thor's ass. Though he does get his brain fried at the end by Vision with the power/mind gem (whatever it is), Thor and Iron Man combined.

Hm, maybe a lightsaber can cut vibranium. cool

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Would the fight be more fair if I gave Maul an infinity stone smile

ILS
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Would the fight be more fair if I gave Maul an infinity stone smile That's actually not a bad ideawhyismylaptopgettinghigherIJCFNEIWNCIFWNIJ

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
IG Maul will be a thing. smile

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ILS
Sure, comics > movies, but vibranium being an impenetrable metal is kind of an immovable concept, like Cap being a super soldier who used to be a skinny wimp, or Thor's hammer being something only he can pick up (or synthetics, apparently). That's why I think it'd be dumb for them to nerf it.

What? Superman being super powerful is also thematically important - that didn't stop them from nerfing him. Also MCU vibranium probably is impenetrable...to most of anything in the MCU. Its not thematically necessary for it to be impenetrable to hypothetical weapons from a universe significantly more technologically advanced that its.

Also, even 616 vibranium isn't impenetrable. erm

That doesn't really change my point, lol. It's not more advanced than Star Wars.

Yeah, and what have Iron Man's weapons done?

Unless if it's a TOR character wielding the lightsaber. In that case, carry on. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.