Thanos's best feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
I would like to know what Thanos's best feats are. Specifically, I'm looking for strength, durability, intelligence, and speed.

Endless Mike
Respect threads exist for a reason, you know.

Astner
Thanos spy-robots are supposedly more sophisticated than Dr. Doom's by Doom's own admission; from Marvel: The End #2:

http://i.imgur.com/Cl7BLPNm.jpg

Galan007
In all fairness to Doom, that was before Marvel started riding his bone hard.

Starlin aside(cuz the man has gone full-tard), I really doubt that anyone on Marvel's 2014-2015 payroll would diminish Doom like that. /shrug

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
In all fairness to Doom, that was before Marvel started riding his bone hard.

Starlin aside(cuz the man has gone full-tard), I really doubt that anyone on Marvel's 2014-2015 payroll would diminish Doom like that. /shrug

Which is weird, given the movie situation. Like how they've sort of relegated mutants to give the Inhumans center stage. I wonder why the Doom-stroking actually exists, because it's certainly not their best financial move atm.

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
Which is weird, given the movie situation. Like how they've sort of relegated mutants to give the Inhumans center stage. I wonder why the Doom-stroking actually exists, because it's certainly not their best financial move atm. I've wondered that myself.

I feel like Marvel's hardcore Doom-wankery inextricably took off around 2005-2006..? Because I remember it being a relatively new concept when I first joined this site. Of course, Hickman took it to entirely new levels in 2009-2010, when he started writing Fantastic Four and FF... He had the whole "Doom am ure Gawd!!!1!!111!!11!" thing mapped out from the beginning.

But yeah, it doesn't serve any sort of particular purpose for Marvel. Seems like some random fanboy started the trend one day, and the rest of the staff just hopped on the bandwagon. Not that I mind, but it is kind of strange.

srug

leonidas
I've wondered that myself.

I feel like Marvel's hardcore Doom-wankery inextricably took off around 2005-2006..? Because I remember it being a relatively new concept when I first joined this site. Of course, Hickman took it to entirely new levels in 2009-2010, when he started writing Fantastic Four and FF... He had the whole "Doom am ure Gawd!!!1!!111!!11!" thing mapped out from the beginning.

But yeah, it doesn't serve any sort of particular purpose for Marvel. Seems like some random fanboy started the trend one day, and the rest of the staff just hopped on the bandwagon. Not that I mind, but it is kind of strange.

srug

i think it's more based on the fact that he is such a classic villain--likely the first TRUE supervillain in marvel history. i'd guess he was simply hickman's fave villain when he was a kid. lol it's sad, but i find myself wishing that he was actually someone ELSE's villain. the ff are...cool enough, and they've certainly developed over the last 10 or so years pretty dramatically, but it seems the ff are just never really loved like some of the other marvel characters. doom is sort of what lex could have been, and maybe a little of what they've tried, at times, to make lex more like.

@digi--financially, i don't think the issue is doom. i think it's just that no one likes the ff. in all honesty, with all the asinine power ups in marvel over the last bunch of years, the ff characters might have benefited the most from a power up. maybe. i mean if the ff were given the push and focus of friggin iron fist or black panther, maybe they'd be seen a bit differently today?

abhilegend
I've wondered that myself.

srug
It's more of an editorial decision I think. Just like Hulk being the top dog.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by leonidas
i think it's more based on the fact that he is such a classic villain--likely the first TRUE supervillain in marvel history. i'd guess he was simply hickman's fave villain when he was a kid. lol it's sad, but i find myself wishing that he was actually someone ELSE's villain. the ff are...cool enough, and they've certainly developed over the last 10 or so years pretty dramatically, but it seems the ff are just never really loved like some of the other marvel characters. doom is sort of what lex could have been, and maybe a little of what they've tried, at times, to make lex more like.

@digi--financially, i don't think the issue is doom. i think it's just that no one likes the ff. in all honesty, with all the asinine power ups in marvel over the last bunch of years, the ff characters might have benefited the most from a power up. maybe. i mean if the ff were given the push and focus of friggin iron fist or black panther, maybe they'd be seen a bit differently today?

I covered the FF's entire 616 history in my respect thread which gave me a great appreciation for them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.