Spider-Man vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
Superman's strength, speed and durability are brought down to Spider-Man's level. Superman is not allowed to release all of his solar energy in one burst. This is Spider-Man prior to issue 698. Both are in character and the fight takes place in Times Square. First to get knocked out loses. Who wins?

DarkSaint85
What happened in #698?

cdtm
Just to get this straight, Superman still has his heat vision? And freeze breath?

And flight?

cdtm
Originally posted by cdtm
Just to get this straight, Superman still has his heat vision? And freeze breath?

And flight?

Spider-Oct.

An arc which doesn't matter anymore, so *shrugs*

SquallX
Spider-Oct.

An arc which doesn't matter anymore, so *shrugs*

That was a well written arc in my book.

Imagine if Peter actually used his brain the way Doc was? Pete would have been a beast. Then again, i understand that's the exact reason he doesn't use his brain, the guy would have been to OP.

Dark-Kenshin

And flight? Yep!

StiltmanFTW
Both die.

Comic are better.

Abhi dies, Sam dies.

Surtur
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Yep!

I'm not sure why you think a Superman with equal stats to Spidey, but who still has flight, heat vision, super breath, and freeze breath..wouldn't still slaughter Spidey horribly.

I don't know about current Superman, but other versions have been able to essentially widen their HV to pretty big levels, sort of like an optic blast from Cyclops. If current Superman can do stuff like that it just makes it even worse.

I would also think Superman's stamina would greatly outpace Spider-Man's, but even if that was equal it wouldn't matter.

h1a8
The hv will be a problem. It would be hard for Spidey to close the 0.5km distance. Plus Superman can stay airborne. If Superman brawls and doesn't use flight-hv combination or freeze breath then Spidey can win.

Surtur
I realize Spidey with Ock in his body is smarter, but is he a vastly more skilled fighter? Superman does routinely brawl with people with equal stats to him.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm not sure why you think a Superman with equal stats to Spidey, but who still has flight, heat vision, super breath, and freeze breath..wouldn't still slaughter Spidey horribly.

I don't know about current Superman, but other versions have been able to essentially widen their HV to pretty big levels, sort of like an optic blast from Cyclops. If current Superman can do stuff like that it just makes it even worse.

I would also think Superman's stamina would greatly outpace Spider-Man's, but even if that was equal it wouldn't matter. They're both in character, so I don't see Superman doing any widespread AOEs to that effect in the middle of Time Square. Throw in the spider sense and the (arguably) superior tactical mindset and I think Pete has a pretty good shot under these conditions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.