MCU Thor in sokovia explosion vs DCCU Superman nuclear incident

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
According to Ross in civil war, Thor is a 30 megaton nuclear power level being or least that's the comparison. Not sure of the power level of the nuclear bomb that took out Superman in BvS but let's compare it to the Sokovia explosion in AOU. Thor survived, knocked out but survived without injuries. Tony even said it's quite impossible to survive.

Let's compare the feats.

Surtur
Tony said it's impossible to survive followed immediately by someone surviving without visible harm.

Let's also remember Thor seemed quite afraid of dying when he was being dropped in that box.

I guess are you asking if Thor could KO Superman? Or what? But lets remember that this isn't an attack Thor can bust out in a split second.

The other issue is it's difficult to say just exactly what the "average" yield of a nuke would be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon_yield

I guess you could attempt to try to calculate the yield by the size of the blast perhaps?

Zack Fair
We also have DD dishing damage and kryptonite in Superman's system.

I think Thor can do it if Supes is just to sit there and take it.

abhilegend
So did you even know how and why Thor survived?

TethAdamTheRock
Thor kills superman in one punch

playa1258
This will be good.

quanchi112
Superman passed out after holding up a tower before. Weak guy if you ask me.

playa1258
Superman easily towed a multi-thousand ton ship.

Thor flipped over a table, weak guy if you ask me.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Superman easily towed a multi-thousand ton ship.

Thor flipped over a table, weak guy if you ask me. He pulled something. Big whoop he still passed out over the tower. Teehee.

joesha28
I hope we do not mistake this as a MCU Thor vs DCCU Superman thread. This is comparing both feats.

Liljojo113
Superman holding up the oil rig is still a better strength feat than anything mcu Thor ever did oh and remember the time when Thor could barley raise his hands after being hit by a not so big boulder or the time Loki stabbed him with pocket knife LOL I Do to

Silent Master
Ah, another person that's upset that Civil War is a far better movie than BvS.

joesha28
And Thor movies were superior to Man of steel and BvS

Khazra Reborn
They'd both probably survive, tbh.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Liljojo113
Superman holding up the oil rig is still a better strength feat than anything mcu Thor ever did oh and remember the time when Thor could barley raise his hands after being hit by a not so big boulder or the time Loki stabbed him with pocket knife LOL I Do to

facepalm

Originally posted by Silent Master
Ah, another person that's upset that Civil War is a far better movie than BvS.

facepalm facepalm

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by joesha28
According to Ross in civil war, Thor is a 30 megaton nuclear power level being . If he said that about Thor & Hulk, What about Vision?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Darth Thor
facepalm facepalm

Take a look at his posting history, he is the DC version of quan.

joesha28
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
If he said that about Thor & Hulk, What about Vision?

Nothing. I'm a little bit sad for Vision. He was downplayed in his movie.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by joesha28
According to Ross in civil war, Thor is a 30 megaton nuclear power level being or least that's the comparison. Not sure of the power level of the nuclear bomb that took out Superman in BvS but let's compare it to the Sokovia explosion in AOU. Thor survived, knocked out but survived without injuries. Tony even said it's quite impossible to survive.

Let's compare the feats.

I don't seriously think that Ross meant it that way, lmao. It was probably just a loose comparison to convey how dangerous Thor and Banner are. There's no reason to think he ran the numbers to figure out how many joules Thor's hammer could generate.

And even if he were, how do you know what metric he's even using? Does this indicate that Thor can replicate a 30 megaton explosion with a single hammer blow? A single lightning strike? Or can he just emulate the damage and carnage over an unspecified time-frame, compared to the one-time use of a nuke?

Liljojo113
Who's upset because Civil War was better than BvS????

Time-Immemorial
Stupid thread, what the **** is going on here?

ShadowFyre
Sokovia explosion was multiple times stronger. We have dropped thousands of nuclear weapons, bothon the grouns and below the ground, none have done anything like destroy a massive landmass like that, not even close. The only part that a regular nuclear warhead could replicate would be the initial and after damage of when the lightning bolt touched down and atomized the city.

The vibranium core is key part here though, without core running through whole city, at best Thor may have split the landmass and destroyed Sokovia.

Power output of Sokovia vs nuke=mjolnir>>nuke probably not by a lot tho

Durability needed= Sokovia->>>>nuke

Fragmentation, atmosphere, friction etc. Supes took a portion of the nukes force in space. Thor took that straight to face with fragmentation, and heat added.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.