Did Sidious want Ventress killed b/c he was legitimately afraid of her plus Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Did Sidious really fear for his life or was he just testing Dooku? Or was there another reason for it?

Emperordmb
Considering he was fine with Vader training Galen, I'd say it was more of a power play by Sidious than anything else. Something to put Dooku in his place so to speak.

Sinious
Precisely. thumb up

Emperordmb
I mean though the Galen thing was planned between Vader and Sheev apparently, Sidious let it happen despite the possibility of Vader deciding to follow through on the otherwise lies he told Galen about what he was trained to do.

And Vader and Galen as a duo are definitely more of a threat than the Dooku Ventress duo

Sinious
Even without Galen, Sidious being so worried about a minor thing, or even if he was sincerely worried, the straight and fierce way he handles that dialogue seems out of character to me. It's a long term lesson, to put him in his place, as you've said.

Lord Stark
Yes. In that alternative reality where Talzin enhanced Ventress instead of Savage she grew more powerful than Dooku.

Two Dooku-level opponents would prove too much for even Darth Sidious imo.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean though the Galen thing was planned between Vader and Sheev apparently, Sidious let it happen despite the possibility of Vader deciding to follow through on the otherwise lies he told Galen about what he was trained to do.

And Vader and Galen as a duo are definitely more of a threat than the Dooku Ventress duo
Or Vader is a total *****. One of those. I believe a little of both.

Sinious
Originally posted by Lord Stark

Two Dooku-level opponents would prove too much for even Darth Sidious imo. I highly doubt that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Sinious
I highly doubt that.

Darth Abonis
In new canon, I believe so. I believe the Emperor felt that the two of them could one day be powerful enough to beat him. The reason why he wasn't concerned about Savage and Maul, is because he had trained Maul and knows his style and he senses Savage is a newb.

FreshestSlice
He was so unworried about Savage and Maul, that he went and handled it personally. Yep.

ILS
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yes. In that alternative reality where Talzin enhanced Ventress instead of Savage she grew more powerful than Dooku. Huh, that was a thing? Got a screencap or something?

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by ILS
Huh, that was a thing? Got a screencap or something?

I don't have a screencap, but I remember seeing it in one of the Clone Wars magazines. Ventress is powered up, given a set of new armor, and kills Dooku. Sidious then christens her Darth Vindicaa

|King Joker|
Wait, why didn't Talzin power up Ventress, lol? Seems like the most logical option.

Also, Darth Vindicaa sounds badass.

I think I found the part of the magazine y'all are referencing though: http://38.media.tumblr.com/1a7d66bda3b05fdd2ec6e6d678a58075/tumblr_inline_n3qvbecahr1r6cutm.jpg

Darth Abonis
Same reason Yoda would tell 2 Jedi to go to Malachor, an incredibly dangerous world and a magnet for Dark siders.

Kurk
The bad-assery of Sidious in this scene is impeccable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Faz3aNUfMFQ

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Wait, why didn't Talzin power up Ventress, lol?

Because her true intentions were to revive Maul.

SunRazer
It's mostly that they have the potential to cause trouble if they rebelled, particularly because of their knowledge on the CIS and his identity. He's not afraid of confronting them in person, obviously. In such a confrontation, they wouldn't pose more of a challenge (or lack thereof) than Maul and Savage.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He was so unworried about Savage and Maul, that he went and handled it personally. Yep.

He wasn't worried about their abilities or powers as individuals, I think he was more likely worried about the military/overall threat they were becoming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.