Luke Skywalker vs Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
The battle to end all battles. Both are in their primes. Fights take place in the ruins of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant as of TOR.

Run 1: Morals on

Run 2: Morals off

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-out

MythLord
Luke, both runs, every round.

SunRazer
Interesting, but I agree.

Sinious
Morals off is actually a bigger advantage for Sidious than for Luke. Luke would go all out regardless, considering how well he knows what he is facing, where Sidious is more likely to **** around in a confrontation like this.

SunRazer
A bloodlusted Luke is quite a scary prospect... as long as he's not being written terribly. A bloodlusted Sidious is another terrifying prospect, but I don't think he'll be written poorly.

Nonetheless, Lucas did claim at one point that Luke could reach Vader's lost potential, which he noted (I believe in the same interview) to be twice that of Sidious'. Luke may not have reached that by his Legends Prime, but I'd assume he'd be close enough to be placed over Sheev with surety when it comes to Force Power. Mastery might be a different debate.

His naturally greater potential and longer years of practice with the blade should give him the unquestionable edge in sabers, with the only argument against him being his inconsistency.

How many Tutaminis feats can you guys remember for Luke?

Sinious
Originally posted by SunRazer
A bloodlusted Luke is quite a scary prospect... as long as he's not being written terribly. A bloodlusted Sidious is another terrifying prospect, but I don't think he'll be written poorly.

thumb up Been some time since I saw that, gonna have to recheck it, but as I vaguely recall, it was more about how Luke becomes the Jedi Anakin was supposed to (as in fighting the Sith, embodying Jedi values perfectly, showing unique talent etc), and it wasn't necessarily a precise assessment of their potentials. In fact, we clearly see how much more potential Anakin has compared to Luke with Abeloth and Mortis arc. So since it's a certainty that half of the statements regarding this issue in that interview is now wrong, I feel less obliged to take the entirety of them seriously.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by MythLord
Luke, both runs, every round.

S_W_LeGenD
Run 1:

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Palpatine
3. Palpatine

Run 2:

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Palpatine
3. 50/50

Darth Demenos
Luke all around. that would be the best fight ever imo.

SunRazer
@Sinious - Even if you don't take Lucas' words at face value, Luke factually has more potential than Sidious, and by quite a distance. Given six and a half decades to reach that potential, I think it's a pretty safe bet to say he's more powerful than Sidious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.