Church of the Force: What should they become?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So a thought occurred to me regarding this new faction from TFA.

The Church of The Force: we see them first be introduced to us in the Force Awakens with Lor San Tekka and are revealed to be this sect of underground Jedi worshippers in the Visual dictionary.

My question is, what should the church be?

Going by the Visual dictionary, they seem to be made out of random individuals who have an interest in the Jedi. Which is....

Boring.

Imo, I want this "Church" to become more prominent within the Movie and the Canon EU.

Perhaps this Church is similar to the Imperial Knights, or the Grey Paladins. A secret group that Luke kept hidden for fear of a horrific evil wiping out the Jedi.

I'm not saying these could be Jedi, but rather force sensitive individuals that Luke kept as a reserve should something occur.

I'd personally like to see this sect turn into a mix of Grey Paladins and Imperial knights going up against the Knights of Ren while being lead by Mary Sue.(who I assume are more than just five-six guys, cuz that'd be idiotic) while Luke deals with Snoke.

Just a thought, and I'd like to hear yours.

FreshestSlice
I don't watch my space melodrama to deal with religion. The Jedi being here is bad enough. An actual religion is retarded.

Beniboybling
Nah, a Force sensitive order wouldn't make sense, when Luke is trying to rebuild one. A group of worshippers attempting to preserve the vulnerable history of the Jedi for when they return makes a lot more sense, and is a far better concept.

Aurbere
I have no thoughts on this tbh.

Edit: It is incredibly boring though. Maybe that's why I'm having trouble generating thoughts on this.

Aurbere
Pondered this. Full thoughts below.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So a thought occurred to me regarding this new faction from TFA.

The Church of The Force: we see them first be introduced to us in the Force Awakens with Lor San Tekka and are revealed to be this sect of underground Jedi worshippers in the Visual dictionary.

My question is, what should the church be?

It would make sense for this Church to be a group more obsessed with Luke given his somewhat mythological or legendary status in the mythos.

Extremely so. Of course, it would be interesting if this group was actually random and came into a larger role, as that seems to be a theme with Star Wars.

It's logical and makes sense as a backup plan. I don't know if Luke would do it though. He'd probably set it up after his Order was firmly established, but it feels too soon based on what we know of how large Luke's Order was.

Seems more likely that they are focused on collecting knowledge. Though they must have some link to Luke in some way based on what we talked about privately.

Better? big grin

Darth Abonis
They should recruit possible Force-sensitives

Fated Xtasy
Also just realized Lor = Tionne

Aurbere
Also just realized Lor = Tionne

Really? What makes you say that?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Aurbere
Really? What makes you say that?

Lor is a "person with no connection to the force, an explorer, who told.tales.of.the Jedi when the empire was around, and was very interested in their history.and he also became a trusted confidant of Luke's"

Tionne is a "person with a weak connection to the force, an explorer, who sang.tales of the Jedi when the empire was around and was very interested in their history, and she also became a trusted confidant of Luke's"

Aurbere
Lor is a "person with no connection to the force, an explorer, who told.tales.of.the Jedi when the empire was around, and was very interested in their history.and he also became a trusted confidant of Luke's"

Tionne is a "person with a weak connection to the force, an explorer, who sang.tales of the Jedi when the empire was around and was very interested in their history, and she also became a trusted confidant of Luke's"

Haha. Wow. Okay fair enough. I suppose it's not so bad to be recanonized by Max Von Sydow. stick out tongue

Too bad he got killed so fast. sad

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I don't watch my space melodrama to deal with religion. The Jedi being here is bad enough. An actual religion is retarded.

I think it's realistic that a group of superhuman mystics would eventually develop a cult following, especially if it's around someone with as mythic a backstory as Luke Skywalker.

FreshestSlice
That really has nothing to do with what I said. The fact that I called it melodrama shows right off the bat that I'm not here for realism, but I think if a cult kept dragging me into a millennia spanning war every few years always nearly destroying my entire way of life every time, I'd just hate them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.