Human Torch vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is Human Torch/Johnny with all of the Fantastic 4 powers vs Thor.

Who's taking this?

Silent Master
Thor

FrothByte
One sided victory for Thor.

TheVaultDweller
Thor should win, but I fail to see how anyone could label it "one-sided". Skrull-Storm has flight that can keep up with the Surfer, pyrokinesis that can hit temperatures in the thousands of degrees Celsius, can turn invisible, has Thing superstrength that can press the 1000+ ton London Eye, and his durability (which can withstand multi-storey falls, a helicopter tail rotor to the face, getting smashed into a wall by a several ton vault door, shoulder check a truck and stop it dead etc. all without any injury), and Reed's elasticity to boot, and showed that he could and will use all those powers in combination with each other with minimal effort. So Thor can win, but if Torch goes airborne and invisible, like he did against Doom, Thor is going to have to start pulling out some of his fancier, more powerful attacks.

Darth Thor
Strange fight for Thor given his opponent looks exactly like his Avengers comrade.

TheVaultDweller
lol I didn't even think of that. Though he'd likely assume it was some trick by Loki or someone similar, given that he believes Loki to be dead. Either way, his durability and some of his larger scale attacks, like maybe calling up a big ass tornado or something, should allow him to take out Johnny Skrull, but he is going to have to put a bit of work in.

Darth Thor
^ Agreed

thumb up

golem370
Thor's wind tornado vs Johnny's fire tornado?

Darth Thor
^ Thor because he can bash Storm with Mjolnir while doing the Tornado. Or he could just do a multi-directional lightning blast. Remember when Doom hit Johnny while he was doing his Fire hurricane..

golem370
Dr Doom's lightning blast didn't work in the fire tornado and to be honest you are assuming Thor could withstand nova level heat that Johnny is producing or that he could see Johnny to hit him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Thor should win, but I fail to see how anyone could label it "one-sided". .

Sorry my bad. I didn't see the skrull-powerset stip. Storm might actually have a good chance at winning.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Sorry my bad. I didn't see the skrull-powerset stip. Storm might actually have a good chance at winning.

Lol yeah, Johnny with just his own powers would get splattered by one hard hammer strike, but with the entire team's powers, he's actually pretty versatile and powerful. I'm just thinking a big tornado, given the heavy winds it creates, could screw with his fire/flight abilities, which could possibly bring him down long enough for Thor to get some more powerful hits in.

golem370
If he could see Johnny in the fire tornado or if he could withstand the extreme heat and lack oxygen in the fire.

carver9
Johnny could go invisible the entire match. That was his first tactic against Doom. Then he has a force field that was able to cancel out Doom power. The strength to ko Thor and the fire that will seriously hurt him. I don't see how anyone wouldn't consider this a beastly fight that could go either way.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by golem370
If he could see Johnny in the fire tornado or if he could withstand the extreme heat and lack oxygen in the fire.

He needs to have a forcefield around the flames to contain it when he goes that hot, or he could end up killing everybody on the planet, including himself. Not sure he could manage both, just based on the relatively limited amount we have seen.

Darth Thor
Dr Doom's lightning blast didn't work in the fire tornado and to be honest you are assuming Thor could withstand nova level heat that Johnny is producing or that he could see Johnny to hit him.

But Dr. Doom was grounded in the middle of the fire hurricane. Thor is flying keeping away from it and tackling it with his own Tornado.

Carvers made the best case for Storm giving as good as he gets tbh.

golem370
I am not saying who is winning just bring up a thought Dr Doom was not in the middle but at the bottom. Sue had to contain it or who know what would happen. Since Thor has never been shown taking such extreme heat who know how it would effect him. Human Torch should burn oxygen in the air with extreme heat. Doesn't extreme heat counter electricity?

carver9
No

wallman77
Originally posted by carver9
Johnny could go invisible the entire match. That was his first tactic against Doom. Then he has a force field that was able to cancel out Doom power. The strength to ko Thor and the fire that will seriously hurt him. I don't see how anyone wouldn't consider this a beastly fight that could go either way.

Strength to Ko thor? Lol not likely. Kurse couldnt do, storm laughably wont.

DTM
Well, Johnny will have Bens strength, added with his own fire blasts, if he stays away and avoids Thors attacks the best that he can (with Sues invisibility and Reed elasticity, he has a decent chance to do so), he could ween him down until hes KOed. Not saying Johnny wins, but in this scenario he certainly has a chance.

Mindset
I am not saying who is winning just bring up a thought Dr Doom was not in the middle but at the bottom. Sue had to contain it or who know what would happen. Since Thor has never been shown taking such extreme heat who know how it would effect him. Human Torch should burn oxygen in the air with extreme heat. Doesn't extreme heat counter electricity? Pretty sure you're thinking of magnetism.

Utrigita
It's worth recalling that Torch will have the combination of Things durability and Reeds elasticity, making him from my perspective very hard to put down. On top of that he is hard to track given Sues invisibility, he has by his own (without amps) taken a lightning blast through the chest from Doom and survived (but that might be because of his suit, I'm not sure), and he can produce heats that are about the surface of the sun, while also having the ability to making shields that can resist that. I believe in the end Thor will win, based on his sheer damage output, but it'll be anything but easy.

HulkIsHulk
Decent durability feat for Torch at 0:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmwf3T14YKc

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Decent durability feat for Torch at 0:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmwf3T14YKc

Not sure how much of that is Johnny and how much is the suit. Their suits were shown to be extremely durable, being able to take heavy impacts, lightning bolts from Doom, and in Johnny's case, even handling his high end temperatures. The more impressive thing there to me is Reed. We see how that blow sends Johnny flying, yet Reed's body just stretches around Thing's fist, handling the force without really even being budged. That same elasticity Johnny has for this fight.

Edit: I'd say the more impressive feat for Johnny is when he basically crash lands out of low orbit, after his encounter with the Surfer.

KingD19
Thor puts Mjolnir on his chest I guess.

carver9
You all are also forgetting the force field he can put around his body.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Thor puts Mjolnir on his chest I guess.

While Johnny wouldn't be able to lift Mjolnir off himself, there is a possibility he could use elasticity to slip out from underneath it, and Loki was already on his ass when Thor did that to him, so he'd have to knock Johnny down long enough to even try it.

Khazra Reborn
The F4 were pretty weak sauce, Thor stomps.

KingD19
Thing is still one of the strongest/most durable on screen Marvel heroes we've ever seen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.