Valkorion vs GoW Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Round 1: Zeus doesn't have the Blade of Olympus, morals on, fight takes place in the Eternal Throne Room

Round 2: Zeus has the Blade of Olympus, morals off, fight takes place on Mount Olympus

SunRazer
Barring prep or circumstances not accessible in strict combat like this, this should be a good fight. Zeus is the more durable of the two by far, while Valkorion seems to have had more destructive displays of power on demand, except for Zeus annihilating the Spartans in GoW II with a wave of the BoO. In Round 1, however, Zeus doesn't have the luxury of the BoO (although you might argue he didn't need it to destroy the Spartans), so unless he unleashes a charged blast, I can't see him winning a Lightning contest based on feats.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion probably kills the poor guy. From what I know, GoW is mostly durability feats and not much else.

SunRazer
He has a few destructive feats, like:

https://youtu.be/aOqi1AZemtA?t=1316

https://youtu.be/y5SGmg9QTjY?t=137

https://youtu.be/HM-cnciBZDs?t=228

And then some other things like making gods mortal, growing mountain-sized and then firing lightning storms from his finger-tips, and projecting his Astral Form which is capable of trapping people in their own psyches and making them relieve their worst memories. He's also pretty much canonically more powerful than Ares, who, as I recall, created a pocket dimension/reality and effortlessly obliterated an army by turning them inside-out/disintegrating them, among other things.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The bolt feat was pretty damn impressive, ngl. The other ones were done with the sword though, and I'm not sure whether or not Valkorion could beat him with the BoO. Without, though, I'd argue stripping Ziost of life with a tsunami of dark side energy only to grow much stronger from it is more impressive. The outer energies of his attack on Arcann while weakened were creating an enormous lightning storm that killed hundreds and seemingly created lightning storms across the sky, too. Then there's the weird speed/perception thing he can do as a spirit, TP/mind ****ery, plus the immense power he retains as a spirit in general.

I can definitely see Valkorion defeating Zeus through haxx, if not sheer power, though star wars' lack of durability may cause Valkorion's physical form to be defeated. His spirit haxx may be too much for non blade GoW Zeus.

MythLord
Valkorion, definitely.

FreshestSlice
Valkorion, easily. He just drains him.

SunRazer
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The bolt feat was pretty damn impressive, ngl.

Yeah, and the Titan that he knocked off the cliff was actually Gaia, who embodies the Earth itself.

In fairness, what stops him from being stabbed by the blade? Because Zeus can also teleport and do all of the movement-based stuff that Valkorion can do. I'm not too sure Valky can Deflect the blade attacks either, since Zeus was matching Kratos in muscle, and that's someone who can rip off the heads of gods.

That, and if Zeus teleports a safe distance, he can do what I posted in the third video and BFR Valkorion to Tartarus.

Fair on all of this.

How does the perception thing factor into this fight?

What haxx, exactly? The perception thing might need a little more elucidation, and the only way I'm seeing him win as of now is through his Lightning. I mean, technically, he can't even kill Zeus with it (he needs to extinguish the Flame of Olympus first and then use the Blade of Olympus to kill Zeus, but we can forget about that for this fight).

Can Valkorion withstand any of the energy attacks I posted above? Also, if Zeus grows super-sized and shoots a Lightning Storm from his fingertips, I wonder how Valkorion would fare. Not sure if Zeus' depowerment thing would work on Valkorion either.

Likewise, Zeus's Astral Form might be immune to everything Valkorion can do, and it has Magic Drain (which you could argue is useless against Valk) and psyche-trapping/fear-inducing TP.

Other than that, Zeus can banish people to Tartarus, which is basically Hell or the worst part of the Underworld. Traditionally, that is where souls go, so I don't think it's out of Zeus' ability to banish Valkorion's spirit there, especially not when he has the BoO.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Valkorion, easily. He just drains him.

The bane of DB characters, unfortunately. smile

Razer, I'll respond to your post within the next few hours.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion probably kills the poor guy. From what I know, GoW is mostly durability feats and not much else. Kratos can lift over a billion tons, so there's that.

He was able to hold off a Titan who could lift the Earth, physically.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Kratos can lift over a billion tons, so there's that.
Wut.

The Ellimist
Nah. There's no reason to think that the GoW earth is real life sized, seeing as how it's flat.

And I'm pretty sure Atlas is physically stronger than Zeus.

Tondemonai
Round 1 Valky for similar reasons to this: Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The bolt feat was pretty damn impressive, ngl. The other ones were done with the sword though, and I'm not sure whether or not Valkorion could beat him with the BoO. Without, though, I'd argue stripping Ziost of life with a tsunami of dark side energy only to grow much stronger from it is more impressive. The outer energies of his attack on Arcann while weakened were creating an enormous lightning storm that killed hundreds and seemingly created lightning storms across the sky, too. Then there's the weird speed/perception thing he can do as a spirit, TP/mind ****ery, plus the immense power he retains as a spirit in general.

I can definitely see Valkorion defeating Zeus through haxx, if not sheer power, though star wars' lack of durability may cause Valkorion's physical form to be defeated. His spirit haxx may be too much for non blade GoW Zeus.

Round 2 I'd honestly say Valky assuming Zeus doesn't banish him early on. He usually fights with very minimal effort/exertion until he understands that his opponent won't be felled by such meek efforts, and then proceedes to employ more power to his attacks. In this case where morals are off, he'll likely open with his maximum power, which I can see overwhelming Zeus and keeping him subdued and generally beaten until Zeus runs out of steam to protect himself or Valky uses too much power and has to stop. Either way, he'll still have his spirit haxx and could continue his attacks. Depending on what defines as a win, I think he'll have reached that marker by this time, and the only thing I can see stopping him before that point is Zeus somehow teleporting while defending against the onslaught and stabbing Valkorion with the BoO or banishing him to Tartarus.

SunRazer
Kratos was matching Hercules in muscle, who was capable of replicating Atlas' feat for a time. And Zeus is close enough to Kratos in muscle that I don't think Valkorion's Deflection will be effective against the force of his blade attacks.

FreshestSlice
How in the holy **** is Zeus, or anyone for that matter, close to Kratos in strength?

SunRazer
The fact that they grapple each other and push each other back and forth in contests of physical strength? I mean, Kratos is stronger, but Zeus is obviously comparable enough to make him use all of his strength to overpower him, and there was even a point where Zeus pushed Kratos back about ten meters or so through sheer strength.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by SunRazer
The fact that they grapple each other and push each other back and forth in contests of physical strength?
So if you push and grapple something, you're as strong as it?

So is every random monster using that logic.

Just like every other random monster. Must all be Kratos-tier. thumb up

SunRazer
Random monsters don't really contend with Kratos in a contest of strength, and Zeus does that consistently enough to make a valid case for him.

Then again, Kratos does have trouble with doors from time to time.

FreshestSlice
The **** they don't. Right out the gate in say, Chains of Olympus, a monster "contests" his strength. And no he really doesn't. There's also the fact that Valkorion won't be going fisty-cuffs with Zeus anyway.

SunRazer
Yeah, that's the same as Kratos' struggle with doors. But somehow I don't think that Kratos struggling with his greatest enemy is the same sort of PIS. You know, especially given that there's a QTE of sorts in the fight with Zeus in GoW III where they basically just push each other back and forth for a long while until Kratos overpowers Zeus.

Of course Valkorion isn't going to be brawling. My point was that I don't think he can use Deflection against Zeus' blade attacks.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, you don't get to exactly determine what is and what isn't valid by such lofty standards as, "his greatest enemy."

He'd just TK it away, and given Valkorion's level of power and showins while weakened, he should ahve no problem doing that.

SunRazer
1. No, but I think there's a pretty strong and logical case for it not being PIS and the writers actually wanting Zeus to be a challenge for Kratos.

2. Well, that would work. I can't think of any TK feats Zeus has.

How does he handle the energy attacks and the BFR, though?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.