Thing vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Uninhabited setting. First to KO

KingD19
If Thing can get to him in melee, Tony dies. Which will probably happen as I see him as durable enough to tank pretty much all of IM's weaponry.

BruceSkywalker
Stark dies right before Ben says "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME"

Darth Thor
IM wins. Thing can't touch him.

KingD19
Originally posted by Darth Thor
IM wins. Thing can't touch him.

Bucky did. Cap did. Killian did. Thor did. Tony always ends up going melee. And as soon as he does, he gets shredded.

Supermutant
Originally posted by KingD19
Bucky did. Cap did. Killian did. Thor did. Tony always ends up going melee. And as soon as he does, he gets shredded.

Bucky's metal arm was burned off. Stark stalemating Thor during the Avengers movie hurts your argument badly. Killian got blown up and Steve got beat up even though it was 2 on 1 in an enclosed space.

Thing gets the same ko that Hulk got in Avengers 2.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Supermutant
Stark stalemating Thor during the Avengers movie hurts your argument badly

Stalemate? are you kidding? Thor was knocking him around, his armour was taking damage and Thor was unhurt. If Cap hadn't intervened Tony would be on the trash heap.

Thing gets the same ko that Hulk got in Avengers 2.

Except Thing won't be mind controlled into an unthinking animal.

Darth Thor

He fought Bucky and Cap indoors.

Killian had hostages.

Thor flies himself and has long ranged attacks, so a completely irrelevant point to make.

Tony never went melee with Loki so that's false.

Honestly Even War Machine wins this fight. And if Tony goes Hulkbuster he could probably engage and win against the rest of the FF minus IW.

TheVaultDweller
And if Tony goes Hulkbuster he could probably engage and win against the rest of the FF minus IW.

Why would Invisible Woman in particular give him problems?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Why would Invisible Woman in particular give him problems?

Ah you know, she told Doom she could put a force field inside him and let it expand out until he explodes.

Would be completely out of character I know, but She's definitely a potential threat for IM.

TheVaultDweller
Well, she said that, but we have never actually seen her do that onscreen, so we don't really know how powerful that attack is, or what its limits are.

Darth Thor
Well given Tony's just got a normal human body under the armour, I don't see him having any kind of durability to an attack like that.

KingD19
He fought Bucky and Cap indoors.

Killian had hostages.

Thor flies himself and has long ranged attacks, so a completely irrelevant point to make.

Tony never went melee with Loki so that's false.

Honestly Even War Machine wins this fight. And if Tony goes Hulkbuster he could probably engage and win against the rest of the FF minus IW.

So what he fought them inside? Their were also multiple openings where he could hop right outside. It would have been to his advantage, but he always ends up going h2h.

Even Tony's armor suits were getting within melee range to fight the Extremis soldiers. And in the finial fight, Tony did nothing but keep the fight close and get his armor ripped apart time after time.

Tony showed up in melee to fight Thor. He started off with a kick, and stayed in h2h range the entire time, and only started using his repulsors to give himself an edge. That's how his gauntlet got crushed, that's how he got knocked around until he got the 400% boost. He never left melee range with Thor, nor used more than repulsors.

He didn't go melee with Loki because he blasted him once(only to give Steve breathing room and intimidate him), then Loki gave up. And the second time, he was so arrogant he decided it was a good idea to talk shit to Loki without his suit. That's how he got chucked out a window(melee range)

War Machine loses too. Going by what he's tanked, Thing could eat all his attacks and once he's out of ammo, he'd be forced to go up close. And then he goes down.

Darth Thor
So what he fought them inside? Their were also multiple openings where he could hop right outside. It would have been to his advantage, but he always ends up going h2h.

Even Tony's armor suits were getting within melee range to fight the Extremis soldiers. And in the finial fight, Tony did nothing but keep the fight close and get his armor ripped apart time after time.

Tony showed up in melee to fight Thor. He started off with a kick, and stayed in h2h range the entire time, and only started using his repulsors to give himself an edge. That's how his gauntlet got crushed, that's how he got knocked around until he got the 400% boost. He never left melee range with Thor, nor used more than repulsors.

He didn't go melee with Loki because he blasted him once(only to give Steve breathing room and intimidate him), then Loki gave up. And the second time, he was so arrogant he decided it was a good idea to talk shit to Loki without his suit. That's how he got chucked out a window(melee range)

War Machine loses too. Going by what he's tanked, Thing could eat all his attacks and once he's out of ammo, he'd be forced to go up close. And then he goes down.

Because he didn't want to disintegrate them both. Show me IM going melee with a brick lithe strength of IM, or stop talking lies. He didn't go melee with Loki. Because he knew Loki was stronger. He didn't go H2H against the Chitari either Lol.

Because his mission was to rescue Pepper and the President. But his suits were blowing up Extremist soldiers from the air IIRC(please don't make me rematch that terrible film.

Thor can fly LOL. There's no advantage to Tony flying over Thor. None whatsoever.

Lol at bringing up Tony without the suit to prove him going melee with Loki. He never went melee with Loki. He knew Loki was stronger, and it best to shoot him from range. He then went flying and shooting his way through all the Chitari. He didn't fight them all hand to hand Lol

What has Thing tanked that makes you think he can tank the kind of fire power Tony and Rhodey pack?

KingD19
Because he didn't want to disintegrate them both. Show me IM going melee with a brick lithe strength of IM, or stop talking lies. He didn't go melee with Loki. Because he knew Loki was stronger. He didn't go H2H against the Chitari either Lol.

Because his mission was to rescue Pepper and the President. But his suits were blowing up Extremist soldiers from the air IIRC(please don't make me rematch that terrible film.

Thor can fly LOL. There's no advantage to Tony flying over Thor. None whatsoever.

Lol at bringing up Tony without the suit to prove him going melee with Loki. He never went melee with Loki. He knew Loki was stronger, and it best to shoot him from range. He then went flying and shooting his way through all the Chitari. He didn't fight them all hand to hand Lol

What has Thing tanked that makes you think he can tank the kind of fire power Tony and Rhodey pack?

Wow. Okay.

Disintegrate? His repulsors are blasts of kinetic energy. No one has ever been disintegrated by them. His tri-beams are cutting lasers though, but he wouldn't use them on Cap or Bucky considering they sliced through titanium in seconds.

He didn't go melee with Loki because there wasn't a fight. He blasted Loki after he got done beating up on Cap, then Loki gave up as part of his plan. At that point they didn't even know who Loki was yet. You sure you watched the movie? Oh, and the first thing Tony did when Thor tried to steal Loki back was get into a melee fight. He started the fight by kicking him through some trees. He didn't go melee with the Chitauri because it was tons of them(he still punched a few) and it would go quicker using his blasters and air superiority.

His suits don't matter. What matters is every time he hopped into one, he ran right back to Aldrich and started throwing punches again. That's how he kept getting ripped out of the suits.

Okay, I'm confused. I said nothing about Tony having an advantage over Thor because of flight. I said when he fought Thor, he kept it in melee range the entire time. Watch the fight.

So yeah, apparently you didn't watch the movie. When he took his suit off and Loki chucked him out the window. He was in melee range because he was cocky and had his laser guided suit.

As for what Thing has tanked. A bunch of Doom's lightning, a vault door launched by the power cosmic with enough force to embed him several feet into a wall. A truck crumpling around him. A helicopter tail rotor to the skull. Etc...

Jeez you're bad at this.

TheVaultDweller
Well given Tony's just got a normal human body under the armour, I don't see him having any kind of durability to an attack like that.

Yes, but she might need to be right up close to someone to do it. We don't really know.

Supermutant
Originally posted by Scoobless
Stalemate? are you kidding? Thor was knocking him around, his armour was taking damage and Thor was unhurt. If Cap hadn't intervened Tony would be on the trash heap.

Youtube is perfect for this. They were knocking each other around. IM armor which has been upgraded since then was still fully functional at the end. Tony held his own before Cap broke it up, which allowed Thor to get an unguarded hammer shot in while Tony was distracted. And Thor is much better than the Thing in every way.

BNvUrMA5ClM

Originally posted by Scoobless
Except Thing won't be mind controlled into an unthinking animal.

So Tony KOed and much more dangerous, stronger, durable, and angrier opponent than Thing. thumb up While saving civilians and trying to subdue a raging Hulk.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yes, but she might need to be right up close to someone to do it. We don't really know.

Yeah that's true, without it being displayed we don't know the limits of the ability.

It's just implied power though. Kind of like how it's implied Odin would likely stomp the Avengers, even though we know nothing about his combat abilities.

IW did have some good feats though. Her forcefield containing Johnny's supernova, and taking Doom's blasts for a while. And that was all in the first film. They all seemed to have improved their control by the second.

Plus she easily restrained Reed in the 2nd film. The restraint around him was so tight he simply couldn't move or even flex his muscles to even try and break free. So she is dangerous, especially with the aid of the rest of the FF.

Youtube is perfect for this. They were knocking each other around. IM armor which has been upgraded since then was still fully functional at the end. Tony held his own before Cap broke it up, which allowed Thor to get an unguarded hammer shot in while Tony was distracted. And Thor is much better than the Thing in every way.

BNvUrMA5ClM

So Tony KOed and much more dangerous, stronger, durable, and angrier opponent than Thing. thumb up While saving civilians and trying to subdue a raging Hulk.

Oh Hulkbuster IM or 400% (amped by Thor) IM would absolutely stomp Thing, no question.

Darth Thor
Wow. Okay.

Disintegrate? His repulsors are blasts of kinetic energy. No one has ever been disintegrated by them. His tri-beams are cutting lasers though, but he wouldn't use them on Cap or Bucky considering they sliced through titanium in seconds.

And tri-beam is another attack against which Thing has no durability feats thumb up

He didn't go melee with Loki because there wasn't a fight. He blasted Loki after he got done beating up on Cap, then Loki gave up as part of his plan. At that point they didn't even know who Loki was yet.

Ah I see, so you can make up reasons for him NOT going melee with Loki which totally count, whereas any reasons I give for Tony going melee can just go through the "Ignore" portion of your brain. Nice.

He shot Loki from a distance both times. He never once even attempted to restrain Loki "physically."

So your statement that "IM ALWAYS GOES MELEE, ALWAYS," has been proven false.

You sure you watched the movie?

LOL No I've never seen The Avengers. Don't make idiotic statements.

Oh, and the first thing Tony did when Thor tried to steal Loki back was get into a melee fight. He started the fight by kicking him through some trees.

Actually first thing he did was Bull Rush him. Second thing he did was fire at him from a distance, and quickly followed that up with a kick through the trees.

If he can do that to Thor, you can bet your bottom dollar he'd have no issue doing that to Thing either.

He only properly went melee once he was amped 400%. And still the first thing he did was take a shot at Thor.

And again why do you keep bringing up POINTLESS examples. THOR CAN FLY. THOR HAS RANGED ATTACKS. So of course IM will try a mix of ranged attacks and melee against Thor.

Here we're talking about him going up against a pure Physical brick who has no flight, no ability to leap high, and no ranged attacks. Why on EARTH would someone as smart as Tony go melee with him? Maybe as a one off CIS, but that's it.

He didn't go melee with the Chitauri because it was tons of them(he still punched a few) and it would go quicker using his blasters and air superiority.

So it was the best way to deal with them right? So Tony's smart and does analyse the best way to deal with an opponent right? Got it thumb up

But once again your statement that "TONY ALWAYS GOES MELEE, ALWAYS" has been proven false.

But hey by all means Keep saying it, and blatantly lying.

His suits don't matter.

LOL Why? Because he suits would blow Thing to bits? Remember the OP hasn't mentioned any specific version of IM. But for arguments sake we will just call it IM on his own in a regular IM armour. Because that's all he needs to destroy Thing tbh.

What matters is every time he hopped into one, he ran right back to Aldrich and started throwing punches again. That's how he kept getting ripped out of the suits.

Did seem kind of stupid that ONE TIME.

But I've already pointed out the Context, which was he was there to rescue Pepper and the President. So he couldn't just stay high and blow the place to nothing.

The kind of range he could stay though, he probably figured Aldrich can shoot fire at a range anyway.

But in a one on one fight with a brick like Thing, both trying to destroy the other, there's no Logic at all to him going H2H. Or any reason to think that he would.

Okay, I'm confused.

Yes you are.

I said nothing about Tony having an advantage over Thor because of flight. I said when he fought Thor, he kept it in melee range the entire time. Watch the fight.

Addressed above.

So yeah, apparently you didn't watch the movie.

Again stop being idiotic. I'm discussing the whole fight with you. That's just your way of saying you have no argument.

When he took his suit off and Loki chucked him out the window. He was in melee range because he was cocky and had his laser guided suit.

It was a distraction while he was waiting for his armour to deploy.

The fact that you're even using that to prove Tony would definitely go melee shows the extent to how desparate your argument has gone.

IM never went melee with Loki. Deal with it. Your lies have been exposed.

As for what Thing has tanked. A bunch of Doom's lightning, a vault door launched by the power cosmic with enough force to embed him several feet into a wall. A truck crumpling around him. A helicopter tail rotor to the skull. Etc...

So Doom's lightning which was about to kill Thing before IW intervened. A helicopter, and falling through the floor.

Yeah IM would blow him to bits.

Jeez you're bad at this.

Another pointless statement as a way to hide that I've exposed your lies about IM "ALWAYS GOING MELEE, ALWAYS."

Yeah you've lost. Best you stop embarrassing yourself now.

HulkIsHulk
Going by the Civil War final fight Thing kills Iron Man in one hit lol

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Going by the Civil War final fight Thing kills Iron Man in one hit lol

I'm sure IM could take a few hits. But he would obviously lose if he just brawled it out with Ben.

DrDeadpool
Iron man Kills him with lasers and missiles.

HulkIsHulk
I'm sure IM could take a few hits. But he would obviously lose if he just brawled it out with Ben.
You do realize Thing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cap and Bucky

Silent Master
You still crying about that?

DrDeadpool
Also it should be specified which armor it is , since it seems people are only judging Iron Man based on his civil war armor which is leagues below his best armor (Mark 45).

Darth Thor
You do realize Thing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cap and Bucky

So is Iron Man erm

HulkIsHulk
So is Iron Man erm
The final fight didn't look like that. More like
Iron Man (with minimal usage of versatility) => Cap & Bucky
Iron Man (pure h2h no gimmicks) <<< Cap or Bucky.

Time-Immemorial
Ironman would lose in H2H without Hulkbuster.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Ironman would lose in H2H without Hulkbuster.

thumb up

You beat me to it. I was just about to suggest that a better fight would be a slugfest between Thing and Veronica.

Sin I AM
Isn't Veronica one sided prep? And kinda cheap

Time-Immemorial
Much like what your nightly rate is.

Arachnid1
Ironman would lose in H2H without Hulkbuster. This is spot on. He cant hurt or do anything to the Thing in his normal suits. If Thing gets a hand on him, he's done (this is assuming Tony gets in close to fight like he's done with basically every villain and hero he's ever fought, and there are many).

Hulkbuster still loses 7/10 IMO (this is if Veronica cant continually reform like she did in the Hulk fight). Thing has the best strength feat between him and Hulk unless I'm forgetting something (that Ferris wheel in the second movie). He definitely has the durability to tangle for a while (all the attacks he's taken in his movies, and he was never once actually hurt). Main problem is that he's also the slowest of the three. Still, he should be able to shred up Veronica pretty handily.

Darth Thor
Wait... Who went and made this a H2H fight?

Thing doesn't have the durability feats to prove he can take all the weapons in Tony's arsenal. We can't just have a no limit fallacy because we haven't seen him KO'd. But we did seem Doom put him down and almost kill him.

Thor took the destruction of the Bi-Frost point blank. It took a Nuke to just KO a possibly weakened Superman.

Those are durability feats beyond what Tony can likely dish out. Thing doesn't have those.

Arachnid1
Wait... Who went and made this a H2H fight?

Thing doesn't have the durability feats to prove he can take all the weapons in Tony's arsenal. We can't just have a no limit fallacy because we haven't seen him KO'd. But we did seem Doom put him down and almost kill him.

Thor took the destruction of the Bi-Frost point blank. It took a Nuke to just KO a possibly weakened Superman.

Those are durability feats beyond what Tony can likely dish out. Thing doesn't have those. But why would Thors feats help Iron Man? Stark never actually hurt Thor in their fight, whereas Thor was totaling his suit. I still don't see Tony hurting Thing in a normal suit.

cdtm
The final fight didn't look like that. More like
Iron Man (with minimal usage of versatility) => Cap & Bucky
Iron Man (pure h2h no gimmicks) <<< Cap or Bucky.

So was Loki, who could take Hulk and Thor hits.

A Cap/Ben fight would probably look somewhat like Cap/Iron Man, with Ben just being too slow for Cap, and taking a gazillion shield hits.

Of course, Stark would have won even in h2h if it wasn't for those "weak points", like the power source with a big bullseye on it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Arachnid1
But why would Thors feats help Iron Man? Stark never actually hurt Thor in their fight, whereas Thor was totaling his suit. I still don't see Tony hurting Thing in a normal suit.

No I meant Thor or Hulk or Superman have the kind of durability feats that support IM unloading on them couldn't put them down. Whereas Thing doesn't have those kind of durability feats.

The Ellimist
Tony seemed to be using a pretty sh*tty random armor in Civil War, for whatever reason. He also foolishly decided to fight everyone in close quarters. You could argue that this is just in his character - but it clearly isn't, because there are multiple instances in which he's willing to stay at a range. It seems like his tactics related to the emotional context of the fights, his rage, his confusion, and possibly that he had a sh*tty suit.

If Stark gets his full arsenal, he obviously sh*tstomps Thing. If he fights semi-intelligently, he obviously sh*tstomps Thing. The only way he loses is if he acts like an idiot and tries to brawl with him.

Arachnid1
No I meant Thor or Hulk or Superman have the kind of durability feats that support IM unloading on them couldn't put them down. Whereas Thing doesn't have those kind of durability feats. Oh alright, that makes more sense. thumb up

I think he could. He's tanked falling from skyscrapers and took blasts from Doom who was burning huge holes in people. Its been a while since I've seen it, but didn't he also take abuse from Doom with Surfers board? He should be able to take some missiles, and he should be able to take repulse blasts.

If Thing gets a hand on him, he should be able to tear the suit apart too, so I don't see IM being able to take much damage from Ben either.

quanchi112
Much like what your nightly rate is. thumb up

The Sorrow
Iron Man staying in the sky is a lame argument, he even tried to fight Bucky without his armour. He slugged it out with Hulk, Thor, Rhodey, damned near everyone he's fought.

Thing crushes Iron Man in his regular armour and Tony WILL go hth because he has consistently has done so throughout his appearances in the MCU.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Tony seemed to be using a pretty sh*tty random armor in Civil War, for whatever reason.
thumb up

The Ellimist
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Iron Man staying in the sky is a lame argument, he even tried to fight Bucky without his armour. He slugged it out with Hulk, Thor, Rhodey, damned near everyone he's fought.

Iron Man was able to take blows from Thor, who could wrestle with Hulk, who is significantly stronger than Thing. The Stark we see in Civil War is in a sh*tty suit.

Liljojo113
Interms of physical strength thing stronger than everyone in the mcu but he's way slow and stiff and doesn't have enough durability feats

DrDeadpool
People here are never gonna realize that the armor , Iron Man was wearing in Civil War was significantly weaker than his other armors ! they are trying generalize Iron Man showings in civil war , which is very lame.Everyone is blinded by their love for cap.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Sorrow

Thing crushes Iron Man in his regular armour and Tony WILL go hth because he has consistently has done so throughout his appearances in the MCU.

Thor and Rhodey fly anyway, so Staying in the sky would be a useless tactic there anyway. And yet he still uses a mixture firing from the distance and going H2H.

Rhodey isn't even stronger than him so I don't know what the point in bringing him up is.

Hulk he only fought in Hulkbuster.

But he's not stupid, he won't go H2H against someone much stronger who can't even fly and doesn't have ranged attacks. He never did against Loki. And he made full use of his fight against the Chitari.

Also his new AI told him he can't beat Captain America H2H, but then IM being stronger than Cap realised he could analyse his movements.

However what do you think the AI will say about fighting the Thing? Lol. Assuming Tony isn't smart enough to see that for himself? But he clearly does change tactics according to who he's fighting.

Also even H2H it's not instantly over as Ellimist pointed out, because Thing is slow and Tony can fire repulsors at him point blank in the face. Remember Doom's electrical blasts were about to kill Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.