Mara Jade Skywalker vs. Meetra Surik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round. 1: Sabers/H2H

Round 2: All out

Fight takes place on neutral ground

Syndicate
Jade in both.

AncientPower
Meetra in a great fight, MJ's got some pretty great showings but in straight up combat Meetra just seems more focused and built towards a drawn-out slug fest.

FreshestSlice
Just like she was with Nyriss.

deathslash
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Just like she was with Nyriss. read that post again and then get back to me. Nyriss was using the force on them and the first fight is literally a melee only battle.

The Ellimist
Mara Jade SLAUGHTERHOUSE

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by deathslash
read that post again and then get back to me. Nyriss was using the force on them and the first fight is literally a melee only battle.
Nyriss was shitting on Scourge and Meetra at the same time with just her lightsaber, so yeah.

AncientPower
Lol re-read the fight Slice, then keep in mind that Meetra is severely hindered by her physical state and the environment.

FreshestSlice

AncientPower
So she was physically overwhelmed by an amplified Darth Nyriss. /claps

Meetra had suffered almost having her mind snapped, prior to spending several days with no food, drink or rest, relying solely on the Force for vitalisation. She then immediately arrived on Dromund Kaas where she is stated to be incapable of meditating on the Force and finding enlightenment.

So she is mentally damaged prior to this, which isn't helped by the fact she has no physical sustenance nor rest for the several days proceeding Nathema and then she is stuck on a dark side nexus that even hinders Revan.

It is stated in the beginning of the book that Lord Scourge could feel power radiating from the Citadel, power he had previously used to physically amplify himself. Power he can even feel on the outskirts of the city, the same outskirts where Nyriss' compound is located.

So both Scourge and Nyriss had a direct source of power to amplify themselves from throughout the duel. That is not even counting the Sith artifacts and texts that Nyriss' compound was lined with.

So not only is Meetra Surik physically hindered, she has mental truama and an environment hindering her connection to the Force.

So yes, to the surprise of absolutely nobody Darth Nyriss' physical augmentation was enough to overpower a severely hindered Meetra Surik.

Any other lowball attempts lined up or are we finished?

The Ellimist
^ you're right, but Mara still wins...

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
So she was physically overwhelmed by an amplified Darth Nyriss. /claps

She overpowerd them both together.

Which is enough for literally every other Jedi in the mythos, so I doubt it's not enough for her.

Probably because it's a Dark Side nexus, so finding the Light there would be difficult. Doesn't exactly stop her from using her power.

When is Surik not mentally damaged? And I don't mean the novel saying Nathema is a bad place. I mean when is she ever not having mental problems, because at her most powerful she was a walking scion of death on a vendetta.

Because she doesn't need it, being a Jedi. Jedi don't need to eat every day. erm And Revan was drugged. Not to mention Revan's own lolstomping of Nyriss, while drugged, on oh such a hampering nexus woe is me, far from helps your argument.

In the same city where Scourge is also fighting Nyriss, and is constantly on the defensive. thumb up

Which no source actually states she's using.

Which is never said.

Which she always has, though not said to have here.

A nexus isn't going to take you from someone who can fight Nyriss to someone who's being stomped by her.

Your opinion isn't proof she's "severely hindered." Where is that said in the text?

I'm still waiting for your actual argument that uses actual quotes, and not just your opinion.

MythLord
Mara wins.

AncientPower
So when Darth Bane went days without sustenance or rest, in a constant state of meditation, he was totes okay, right?

Clue: He wasn't.

When Darth Vader went days without sustenance or rest and fought Kenobi on Mustafar, it totes isn't stated that doing so was disadvantageous for him, right?

Clue: It is.

When Mace Windu went days without rest or sustenance and had to fight Kar Vastor, he totally doesn't note doing so had weakened him, right?

Clue: He does.

I think there might be a recurring theme here.

Going four days without eating, drinking and sleeping is going to leave you worse off. Common Sense.

So because the awful author Drew isn't hand holding you to a logical conclusion, it is a conclusion that can't be reached? Nice to purview your thought processes. The idea that Darth Nyriss, who said she was adamant on going all-out to kill the three of them before getting killed by the IGs, isn't going to utilise an advantage available to her when going all-out, is dumb-founding.

Notably, Meetra attempts to meditate in the Force and find enlightenment, but she can't because the dark side is too strong on Dromund Kaas. If she can't even meditate on the Force then clearly she is going to struggle to use it on other occasions. Physical augmentation would be one of those occasions.

Meetra took the full brunt of Nyriss' assault and held her ground, but Nyriss was too physically strong and forced Meetra down to one knee.

Nyriss didn't easily defeat Meetra at all, no matter how much of the source material you choose to disregard.

SunRazer
Mara wins in a great fight.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
So when Darth Bane went days without sustenance or rest, in a constant state of meditation, he was totes okay, right?

Clue: He wasn't.

Bane isn't a Jedi.

Also not a Jedi.

I'm sure Meetra didn't rest at all, even though that's exactly what meditation is for Jedi. But I guess you don't have quotes for that either.

You talking a bunch of bullshit, yeah.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wyellett

Went about 23 years without eating or drinking anything, so I think Meetra can deal with a few days, unless her "Force Enlightenment," that you talk about so much when ever she was brought up in the past is a lie.

No, it's because you can't make up ideas just to support your argument and then pass them off as valid without any textual context. Like at all. If it's not said in the text, it's not valid; easy.

Probably because she wouldn't need it, given how obviously more powerful than Meetra and Scourge she is, which the novel does say. Unlike most of your argument.

Uh, not really. Most of the powers Jedi use come from the amount of Living Force they have within them, so the idea that because Meetra is on a nexus, she must be hampered beyond all belief is retarded. Not to mention, she was able to deal with the gravity wells of Malachor V just fine, which is a much more physical hamper than Dromund Kaas being supur evulz.

Exactly, glad you agree.

That's why she and Scourge were being stomped then. Her almost being vaporized and pulverized is her putting up a fight. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/3024136639.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.