Animal Man vs Beast Boy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Classic animal man powers. Who wins?

riv6672
Good match at classic levels.

Right now i'd say Beast Boy, as he gains/loses bulk, limbs, fangs etc by actually becoming animals as opposed to taking on dominant traits like AM did.
That make sense?

zopzop
IMHO, Animal Man. Couldn't he mix/match abilities (that scale) from different creatures?

If I recall correctly, someone on these forums actually came up with a real life animal combo, centered on this thing, that would wreck most beings under herald level big grin

cdtm
Sonic speed shrimp, right?

When Animal Man hit B'wana Beast with the strength of an elephant, I was wondering if that's a downgrade from the proportionate strength of an ant or mantis..

Surtur
I thought Animal Man could copy like any lifeform that died on earth? Also didn't he like..copy sun eaters and shit at one point? Shouldn't he stomp Beast Boy?

riv6672
At classic levels he wasnt doing that.

Khazra Reborn
How classic are we talking? The only stuff I've seen him do in post-crisis continuity was pretty impressive. I seem to recall him at one point fighting with the strength of a t-rex or some ridiculous shit like that, stacked with the reflexes of a fly. If this type of thing is allowed, then Buddy should stomp, pretty hard.

cdtm
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
How classic are we talking? The only stuff I've seen him do in post-crisis continuity was pretty impressive. I seem to recall him at one point fighting with the strength of a t-rex or some ridiculous shit like that, stacked with the reflexes of a fly. If this type of thing is allowed, then Buddy should stomp, pretty hard.

He took the strength of a T-Rex under Morrison. smile

So say, power levels pre Morrison, as I haven't finished reading his run and he almost always tinkers with characters abilities.

beatboks
Originally posted by cdtm
He took the strength of a T-Rex under Morrison. smile

So say, power levels pre Morrison, as I haven't finished reading his run and he almost always tinkers with characters abilities.

Morrison wrote Buddy's very first post crisis series back in 88.
so we're talking pre COIE ???
because I'd class "classic" as Morrison's run

riv6672
Yeah, classic should be Morrison.
Power level to make this a good fight would be where he gained needed attributes the same way BB took desired forms.
BB once turned into a brontosaur, though it wasnt pleasant.

cdtm
Morrison's fine then. I'm a little hazy on when COIE begins and ends, so if that's the start of post crisis Buddy and counts as classic, go with it.

riv6672
He was a pretty generic character prior to Morrison's run.
This was before MBs, but folks at the comic shops i went to were confused as hell when the house ad came out.

DarkSaint85
My gut feeling is with Buddy, that fly perception plus bacteria multiplication was pretty cool.

But that's also because I really enjoyed Morrison's run.

cdtm
I'm enjoying it.

The mirror Master's also pretty awewome. He's not not the one from mainstream DC, it's a totally different guy, but kind of wish he became the regular one.

Also, I'll never look at another Wile E. Coyote toon the same way again, that's for sure..

riv6672
Yeah, that story is what i used for the longest time to show people why i read comics. I'd loan them a copy and most all of them were mind blown.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.