The South wins the Civil War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Scenario:
Let's imagine that the South wins the battle of Gettysburg, captures Washington D.C. and the war ends swiftly after that. There is an overwhelming victory of the Confederacy.

How would the US look like after the Civil War won by the South? How different would contemporary America be?

Bardock42
exnwTWfFRM8

Surtur
Lol@ "Sambo X15, it's what the pro's use!".

eFuF8Y1H06Q

It's xyz!
I imagine the south take Missouri and Kansas and a line is established.

The south then invade Parts of Mexico and continue their focus south. The us loses financially and Canada expands south too. The United States goes as far as the north east and the Midwest, some states vote to join the confederacy, some states vote to join Canada.

USA ends up being Jew York and Jews jersey.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by It's xyz!
I imagine the south take Missouri and Kansas and a line is established.

The south then invade Parts of Mexico and continue their focus south. The us loses financially and Canada expands south too. The United States goes as far as the north east and the Midwest, some states vote to join the confederacy, some states vote to join Canada.

USA ends up being Jew York and Jews jersey.

Considering the North was where the majority of more modern industry was taking place (and as such more international trading etc), it seems unlikely the North would lose out too much financially.

Similarly the South's economy was more rural and focussed around slavery so if there was a divide the Southern economy would likely have been fine too, but would have remained as a more agrarian economy.

Also I doubt any Americans would have voted to join Canada, seeing as it was still a British Dominion at that point.

It's xyz!
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Considering the North was where the majority of more modern industry was taking place (and as such more international trading etc), it seems unlikely the North would lose out too much financially.

Similarly the South's economy was more rural and focussed around slavery so if there was a divide the Southern economy would likely have been fine too, but would have remained as a more agrarian economy.

Also I doubt any Americans would have voted to join Canada, seeing as it was still a British Dominion at that point. you under estimate Jewish banking in the us.

Without making money off of slavery and losing those states, they would have to rely on small business and immigration. It would have probably worked, but without the south and possibly most of the west, their growth would have been stagnated and banks would be collapsing.

Roosevelt might have saved the nation, but don't think the north would have been successful. Losing the war would have ended in another recession for the north. This would result in a war, usually. This time with Canada, and Canada would have won. The us would have been secluded and states would want to leave the uncertainty of such a nation.

riv6672
Not sure how it'd go down, but there'd be a split.

MS Warehouse
http://wheresmysammich.com/images/29387.jpg

FinalAnswer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Victory

Surtur
This thread just reminds me for some reason of that one movie with John Travolta where he is like..a white guy in a world where the roles were swapped? Like in this world white people were slaves. It was a potentially interesting premise, but the movie was awful.

riv6672
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
http://wheresmysammich.com/images/29387.jpg
Haha, classic pic! thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.