PoD Bane runs the Sith gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
The rules:
✳ Fights take place at the Mandalorian Dxun Camp (from KotOR II)
✳ In character.
✳ One hour rest after each fight.
✳ Starting distance - 5 meters.

The gauntlet:
Ⅰ. Naga Sadow
Ⅱ. Darth Revan
Ⅲ. Freedon Nadd
Ⅳ.Darth Maul
Ⅴ. Exar Kun
Ⅵ. RotJ Darth Vader
Ⅶ. Darth Krayt
Ⅷ. Darth Caedus
Ⅸ. Darth Tenebrous / Count Dooku / Darth Malak
Ⅹ. DE Palpatine

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
4 doesn't belong where it is. smile

The Ellimist
Bane uses a different form against each and clears.

Syndicate
Stops at 4 or 5.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Syndicate
Stops at 4 or 5.
PoD Bane isn't beating Sadow, lmfao.

Syndicate
Surprised that's the one you're going with. :P

The Ellimist
Ant ruined his own favorite character lmao.

Syndicate
Alright. I'll debate it with you when I get back from Marvel: Civil War.

DarthAnt66
There's no debate to even be made. It's just obvious. erm
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Ant ruined his own favorite character lmao.
?

The Ellimist
Bane > Vitiate >> Revan bro.

Neph was right.

DarthAnt66
We slapped that down last night, tbh. You're late to the party. thumb up

And it's clear Syndicate isn't even referring to that for his post. erm

FreshestSlice
How does that logic even make sense? If anything it'd be Bane>=Revan>>>Vitiate.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It really is obvious that Bane goes down at 1.

JKBart
I think he's a better duelist than Naga a notch

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Even assuming he is...an force smile

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
4 doesn't belong where it is. smile

I'm beginning to think 3 doesn't either, tbh.

NewGuy01
Surprised that's the one you're going with. :P

It's the first one. And he's right.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm beginning to think 3 doesn't either, tbh.

Why's that?

NewGuy01
Why's that?

His origins weren't impressive. He never achieved anything of note. He prostrated himself before the other ancient spirits like a dog. He's a powerful Sith, but I grow doubtful that he's really on the same level as a legend like Naga Sadow.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So essentially the same thing as Exar Kun? I mean, literally everything he got his hands on were products of Naga Sadow.

NewGuy01
Nah. Exar's origins were impressive, he achieved tons of shit in his time, and he's stated to be superior to his predecessors.

DarthAnt66
Nadd was stated to be superior to Sadow though.

NewGuy01
How's that? IIRC he just killed his spirit.

DarthAnt66
http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111242954/4714110-090+006+battles+%26+events+-+4400bby+nad4a.jpg

I put them roughly on par though, despite the quote.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah. Exar's origins were impressive,

i.e. being the most prodigious jedi in the order?

he achieved tons of shit in his time,

Achievement =/= ability to fight/raw power anyways.

and he's stated to be superior to his predecessors.

Like Nadd's relationship with Sadow?

--------------------------

I'm sorry, I just don't see the difference with Nadd and any of the other ancient sith, as far as power is concerned. Most prodigious jedi in the order, lived another century increasing his knowledge of the dark side, created a blaster that killed more jedi than any lightsaber, was, "the greatest sith sorcerer who had ever existed," performed some pretty damn nice feats as a spirit, and died. He's basically Pre-Nathema Vitiate, except with saber skill and a more lasting impact millenia later.

DarthAnt66
I think Sas is sort of underestimating Nadd here, yeah. That being said, the legend behind Sadow is pretty clearly above Nadd's, and he makes a good point on how his spirit was the ***** of the top ancients.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, what do you mean by legend? From a certain point of view, the legend behind Revan is pretty clearly above Vitiate's, in and out of universe.

The Son of Mortis was a whiny ***** too.

DarthAnt66
The legend of Naga Sadow being pretty much represented as the poster-boy of the ancient Sith while Freedon Nadd is just a foot-mark in the history of Exar Kun.

And then obviously reference back to Nadd being a minion to Ragnos and friends.

You make a good point with Revan though. I'm simply throwing out ideas here.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111242954/4714110-090+006+battles+%26+events+-+4400bby+nad4a.jpg

Well yeah, he was far more powerful than Naga's spirit. erm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You make a good point with Revan though. I'm simply throwing out ideas here.

thumb up

Legacy is important, just not here.

DarthAnt66
@Sasukedc: I feel the quote suggests Nadd's superiority to Sadow in general, not just when he had spirit limitations.

It's also worth noting it was later retconned so that Nadd killed Sadow's physical body, but the context of the quote doesn't really apply to that.

Wouldn't Nadd besting Sadow, albeit under completely unknown circumstances, suggest that he's his rival or superior though? mmm

Syndicate
Back. Civil War was pretty good.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well your opinion in this thread isn't. smile

Syndicate
Cool bro. Want to debate it? :P

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean this isn't a formality, kek.

Syndicate
I don't really know how to go about it here. Usually when someone disagrees they say why and we converse about it till we both leave satisfied but people on KMC don't seem to be inclined to do so.

Even when their points are disproved it seems like they go back to them a few days later after most have forgotten.

If you disagree tell me why and try to convince me otherwise unless you don't think it's worth the effort. If that's the case I don't really see the point of commenting but then again that's your prerogative.

DarthAnt66
No one wants to debate you because your reasoning behind your arguments are terrible.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My argument:

There's no debate to even be made. It's just obvious. erm

DarthAnt66
Barrier feats from Naga Sadow that shows he can handle Darth Bane's telekinesis, b0ss?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Barrier feats from Naga Sadow that shows he can handle Darth Bane's telekinesis, b0ss?

Not to mention the speed feats, kek. I don't think Sadow will even be able to perceive Bane. smile

DarthAnt66
The amount of Massassi that Naga Sadow was confronted with can't be quantified.

It's speculation.

And by what means would Sadow fight them with? Sorcery? His lightsaber?

We don't know. smile smile smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
And because we don't know, we get to throw it out the window. Wow, this is easy. smile

DarthAnt66
Accolades are meaningless.

So what if the first novel clearly shows Darth Bane isn't on the level with the ancients yet?

Feats. Feats. Feats.

Syndicate
So what if the novel clearly shows Darth Bane isn't on the level with the ancients yet?

Why do you believe this to be the case? Personally I feel that by the end of the novel it shows Bane having surpassed the ancients he'd revered during his time at the Academy.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What the cancer? Orbalisk Bane didn't think he was up to snuff with Nadd, ffs. smile

Syndicate
What the cancer? Orbalisk Bane didn't think he was up to snuff with Nadd, ffs. smile

Quote?

DarthAnt66
Because he couldn't even comprehend half the shit Revan told him?

He still clearly worshiped the ancients by the end of the book.

I recall him questioning if he was even close to the power of Nadd in RoT too.

EDIT: thumb up

Syndicate
Because he couldn't even comprehend half the shit Revan told him?

He still clearly worshiped the ancients by the end of the book.

I recall him questioning if he was even close to the power of Nadd in RoT too.

What do you mean? He memorized the knowledge Revan's holocron passed on before crumbling and enacted a few of the rituals he learned from it. Obviously he wouldn't have mastered it from the time he memorized the knowledge and the end of the novel. Since those rituals are hardly usable in a combative sense though I don't know why that would have much to do in a straight out fight.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Quote?

Why should I have to get out of my bed and find my pile of books to prove that PoD Bane isn't superior to Exar Kun and Freedon Nadd?

I mean Jesus H, just look at Spirit Nadd's/Ommin's/Amanoa's feats ffs. Then contextualize that the latter 2 are vastly weaker than spirit nadd, who's vastly weaker than living Nadd, and blam. So fugging hard, isn't it? smile

DarthAnt66
Was it possible there was some other essential element in the process that he was missing? Was there one more secret waiting to be unlocked that would finally allow him to create a Holocron so he could pass his wisdom and knowledge on to his successors? Or was the failure in him? Did he simply lack power? Was his command of the dark side somehow less than that of the ancient Sith Lords like Freedon Nadd?

It was an uncomfortable line of speculation, but it was one Bane forced himself to consider. He had read the histories of the great Sith Lords; many were filled with feats almost too incredible to be believed. Yet even if these accounts were true, even if some of his predecessors had had the ability to use the dark side to destroy entire worlds or make a sun go nova, Bane still felt that his power measured up to the described abilities of many of those who had successfully created Holocrons of their own.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

DarthAnt66
What do you mean? He memorized the knowledge Revan's holocron passed on before crumbling and enacted a few of the rituals he learned from it. Obviously he wouldn't have mastered it from the time he memorized the knowledge and the end of the novel. Since those rituals are hardly usable in a combative sense though I don't know why that would have much to do in a straight out fight.
So he's clearly not on the ancient's level by the end of the books then, given he had only understood fraction of their knowledge? Gotcha.

Good discussion. thumb up

Syndicate
Why should I have to get out of my bed and find my pile of books to prove that PoD Bane isn't superior to Exar Kun and Freedon Nadd?

I mean Jesus H, just look at Spirit Nadd's/Ommin's/Amanoa's feats ffs. Then contextualize that the latter 2 are vastly weaker than spirit nadd, who's vastly weaker than living Nadd, and blam. So fugging hard, isn't it? smile

Spirit Nadd has loosed a blast that knocked a protagonist on their butts. Is there another feat I'm unaware of?

I don't believe there are RT's for the latter two you mentioned.

Why are the latter 2 weaker then spirit Nadd?

Without the information it admittedly is.

Syndicate
So he's clearly not on the ancient's level by the end of the books then, given he had only understood fraction of their knowledge? Gotcha.

Good discussion. thumb up

Knowledge and combative capabilities are not the same thing Ant.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Spirit Nadd has loosed a blast that knocked a protagonist on their butts. Is there another feat I'm unaware of?

I don't believe there are RT's for the latter two you mentioned.

Why are the latter 2 weaker then spirit Nadd?

Without the information it admittedly is.

Oh lord....

Oh my God....

I'm dead. I'm done. This is literally...

Holy ****ing shit.

DarthAnt66
Feats for Freedon Nadd, b0ss?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He doesn't even know that Nadd is a thing in TotJ...

DarthAnt66
Feats for TotJ?

Syndicate
Was it possible there was some other essential element in the process that he was missing? Was there one more secret waiting to be unlocked that would finally allow him to create a Holocron so he could pass his wisdom and knowledge on to his successors? Or was the failure in him? Did he simply lack power? Was his command of the dark side somehow less than that of the ancient Sith Lords like Freedon Nadd?

It was an uncomfortable line of speculation, but it was one Bane forced himself to consider. He had read the histories of the great Sith Lords; many were filled with feats almost too incredible to be believed. Yet even if these accounts were true, even if some of his predecessors had had the ability to use the dark side to destroy entire worlds or make a sun go nova, Bane still felt that his power measured up to the described abilities of many of those who had successfully created Holocrons of their own.

You're ignoring the context of the quote. His inability to successfully create a holocron has left him doubting his own power but we as the reader know that his inability simply has to do with the orbalisks that coat his body and not a lack of power on Bane's part. He's also directly saying that if the rumored feats the Ancient Sith accomplished were true he might not be on their level. The feats in question were accomplished via rituals and artifacts if I'm remembering correctly.

Syndicate
Oh lord....

Oh my God....

I'm dead. I'm done. This is literally...

Holy ****ing shit.

:7

DarthAnt66
http://40.media.tumblr.com/31950a8dde52ecd8682a85400b5b3aff/tumblr_inline_nsiqv6OvZw1rm8mui_400.png

Syndicate
Ok.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Point being, to say there's even a SLIGHT implication that Bane surpassed Darth Revan or the other ancients by the end of PoD is so hilarious that I now only have one lung.

DarthAnt66
Do us a favor and stay out of debating characters you don't know anything about*.

*All Star Wars characters.

Syndicate
Do us a favor and stay out of debating characters you don't know anything about*.

*All Star Wars characters.

I don't really feel like doing you any favors tbh.

DarthAnt66
#roastsession2016

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As in, I'm pouring gasoline on myself and my family to cleanse the 20 meter radius surrounding me from this cancer kind of roast? Yep.

Syndicate
That's unfortunate.

DarthAnt66
Proof that Ommin is more powerful than Freedon Nadd, Skillz?

Emperordmb
You're ignoring the context of the quote. His inability to successfully create a holocron has left him doubting his own power but we as the reader know that his inability simply has to do with the orbalisks that coat his body and not a lack of power on Bane's part. He's also directly saying that if the rumored feats the Ancient Sith accomplished were true he might not be on their level. The feats in question were accomplished via rituals and artifacts if I'm remembering correctly.
Nah it wasn't even the orbalisks fault. He was missing out on a vital part of the holocron creation process that he eventually acquired from Belia Darzu's holocron.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nah it wasn't even the orbalisks fault. He was missing out on a vital part of the holocron creation process that he eventually acquired from Belia Darzu's holocron.

You're right. He has trouble later concentrating his power due to the orbalisks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.