Vision vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
No holds barred

Supermutant
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t626157.html

carthage
In rewatching the film it seemed like when he was fighting Hawkeye, he seemed to go intangible for some blows and take a few hits randomly. Meaning that from at least his showing he doesn't seem to stay intangible for a majority of the time in combat, though to be fair during his fight scenes we have the Russos saying he wasn't going all out. We don't really have much to analyze how he'd fight, but without holding back I'd wager he'd spam his rays, go intangible, and arguably phase through Thor/intentionally damage.

Assuming he fights like how he did against Clint it becomes less clear, imo

Darth Thor
Vision displayed tremendous strength when he punched Giant Man down. Plus just one blast of his cripples War Machine.

Not sure what Vision was doing for the majority of the airport fight though. He could have solo'd if not for Scarlett Witch.

Honestly I think Thor and Vision are the Avengers 2 top dogs now.

janus77
Vision wins. solidly (pun intended).

He was trying to calm Hawkeye down, letting him fire off arrows, then letting him hit him and basically just not being at all affected by anything Hawkeye did.

Scarlet Witch is obviously more powerful than Vision, but she can't phase and doesn't really seem to fly or have the agility that Vision does (she basically propels her self into the air, like IronMan, whereas Vision floats and defies gravity).

FrothByte
How does Vision handle Thor's lighting?

KingD19
Hawkeye caught him with arc current arrows, but he could probably phase if he expected it. I see him phasing, snatching Mjolnir and smacking Thor down with it.

FrothByte
He couldn't phase out once caught though.

KingD19
I know, but he wasn't expecting that from Hawkeye. Thor slings lightning like it's going out of style. Vision would be waiting on it. Also he wasn't hurt, it just seemed to screw with his systems. Plus he still had access to his beam attack, which would slam Thor back at the least and disrupt the lightning.

jaden101
Originally posted by janus77

Scarlet Witch is obviously more powerful than Vision.

I'm guessing that's only a temporary thing as her power is derived from the mind stone and he said himself he hasn't really begun exploring how powerful he can be when using it. It would be fair to say that she might only have a fraction of the stone's power but she's more practised at using it.

Either way I'm gonna be sad when he dies for Thanos to get the stone.

Time-Immemorial
Stalemate, unless Vision pulls his brain out.

wallman77
Is Thor resilient enough to withstand Vis phasing in him? Being near godly and all..

FrothByte
Originally posted by wallman77
Is Thor resilient enough to withstand Vis phasing in him? Being near godly and all..

We're unsure. We don't ever see Vision phase through someone then turn back solid while still inside the person. The only time we see him do this is against ultronbots. Unsure if it will work against a flesh and blood being. Theoretically it's possible. The question though is if his molecules can displace Thor's molecules.

KingD19
Vision doesn't need to phase Thor. He simply needs to phase and steal his hammer. Which he could do with ease. Without it, Thor's ranged options are pretty much completely negated. And while we did see him(in a hallucination) zapping lightning out of his body, we're still not sure if he can actually do that until Ragnarok.

So for the time being, once Vision takes Mjolnir Thor loses -
Flight
Weather Manipulation
Energy Deflection
Etc...

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Vision doesn't need to phase Thor. He simply needs to phase and steal his hammer. Which he could do with ease. Without it, Thor's ranged options are pretty much completely negated. And while we did see him(in a hallucination) zapping lightning out of his body, we're still not sure if he can actually do that until Ragnarok.

So for the time being, once Vision takes Mjolnir Thor loses -
Flight
Weather Manipulation
Energy Deflection
Etc...

I doubt Vision can take Mjolnir if Thor is not willing to give it. Vision may he able to pick up Mjolnir but not if Thor is actively calling for it. Thor is still Mjolnir's wielder.

relentless1
Vision..that intangibility would be a ***** to get around if you aren't Wanda

Arachnid1
Have you guys seen the AoU deleted scene that has them fighting? Thor was kicking his ass in it. Still, I understand that deleted scenes cant really be used here, so I'm going to have to give it to Vision based on the 'intangible' card everyone pulls with him.

The Ellimist
Vision implies that he's getting stronger.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

The Sorrow
Thor did no damage to Vision in the deleted scene, but tbf he clearly wasn't going all out. At this moment imo Thor is physically above Vision but those mind gem blasts could do damage if he can land a shot.

Thor wins for now due to Mjolnir.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.