Naga Sadow & Ludo Kressh vs Ulic Qel-Droma & Darth Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Fight takes place on the Star Forge. Who wins?

NewGuy01
Oh, on the SF?

...Dunno. Maybe still Team 1.

JKBart
With team 1 being Darksiders, Malak's edge narrows to the greater atunement to the Star Forge, but still, him and Sadow should be close, I don't view Sadow as superior to Malak in actual combat. He is more powerful, but it's not like they are both on a plane so high that raw Force usage will be more important that actual cobmat.

And Ulic soundly defeats Ludo Kressh in a simpler fight than Malak vs. Naga, so...

Syndicate
An nice bart. smile

Petrus
It will partially depends on Sadow's ability to create illusions in a combat situation and how they affect Ulic and Malak and the same situation for Kressh's Sith magic. In terms of pure dueling skills, both are pretty much featless.

The fact that his fight takes place in the Star Forge will greatly work in Malak's advantage, and there's nothing that puts the two ancients above him a duel situation. Ulic is more than capable of defeating either of them in a straight up duel, too.

carthage
Ulic dispelled the darkside illusions from Ommin well before his prime, and seeing as Sadow has no major force feats without something for a specific purpose, Ulic should kill him rather handily. Kressh likewise hasn't got much to his name, and Malak's accolade of being one of the most powerful Sith in history places him above him in my opinion

Team 2 takes it

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
OMG PETRUS HOW ARE YOU smile

Petrus
HEY SKILLZ. big grin

I've been good. How bout you?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I've done pretty well, thanks. I haven't seen you in a long time. smile

Petrus
Yeah, I disappeared from KMC. Have not ever been much of a forum-er to be honest, but I just like stupid Star Wars too damn much to not come back.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Oh, on the SF?

...Dunno. Maybe still Team 1.

Team 1 can't draw upon the SF?

SunRazer
Originally posted by Petrus
It will partially depends on Sadow's ability to create illusions in a combat situation and how they affect Ulic and Malak and the same situation for Kressh's Sith magic. In terms of pure dueling skills, both are pretty much featless.

The fact that his fight takes place in the Star Forge will greatly work in Malak's advantage, and there's nothing that puts the two ancients above him a duel situation. Ulic is more than capable of defeating either of them in a straight up duel, too.

Who said Sadow will elect to use Illusions above other Sorcerous powers in a fight? Moreover, why is Kressh's Sith magic more of a threat to team 2 than Sadow's?

Also, why is it assumed that only Malak can benefit from the Star Forge? Is it not possible for Sadow or even Kressh and Ulic to draw upon its power? As for a dueling situation, I agree that Ulic would beat them, but Malak doesn't exactly have anything to suggest he would win either.

AncientPower
If you want a little powerscaling, accolades point to this:

Ulic Qel-Droma > Freedon Nadd >>> Naga Sadow > Ludo Kressh.

SunRazer
How is Ulic above Freedon? I'm assuming this is raw power? Also, what was the name of the source for Nadd being vastly more powerful than Sadow? Because I believe this was before the retcon, meaning that it makes Nadd vastly more powerful than Sadow's spirit (which is obviously not nearly as powerful as his living form).

AncientPower
Ulic stomped Warb Null as a Jedi, before gaining 'immense powers' as a Sith Lord. Warb Null is confirmed to be a master of the dark side with Nadd's knowledge imprinted on his armor, knowledge he knows as an instinct.

The source for Nadd >>>> Sadow is Factfile 90, Nadd became far more powerful than Sadow under Sadow's tutelage. He then spent a century becoming more and more powerful as he reigned over Onderon. So even given that Sadow as a spirit is not as powerful as Sadow in life, Nadd becoming far stronger after this tutelage pretty much cancels that out imo.

SunRazer
You're not implying that Warb is an equal for Nadd and that Ulic can stomp Nadd as well, right?

That depends on how much more powerful Nadd grew after killing Sadow. I believe Sadow was by far his biggest source of knowledge and growth.

AncientPower
No, but considering Warb Null armed with all of Nadd's knowledge was stomped by a pre-prime Ulic, Ulic by his prime should be lifting above Nadd's weight. Especially given he's not too far off his master Exar Kun, who we know is more powerful than Nadd as a fact.

I think enough information is present to say Ulic solidly defeats either of the ancient Sith.

Petrus
Originally posted by SunRazer
Who said Sadow will elect to use Illusions above other Sorcerous powers in a fight? Moreover, why is Kressh's Sith magic more of a threat to team 2 than Sadow's?

Because it's Sadow's specialty. If they can be utilized in combat, he will. If not, he probably will use sorcery against them. Still, not sure how well this'll work against Ulic and Malak.

I'm not assuming only Malak will benefit, but he knows how to exploit the Star Forge's advantages to its maximum potential. So he will most likely benefit more than his Sith counterparts. And sure, Malak may not have a whole lot to his name in terms of dueling skill, but he certainly has more than Sadow and Kressh.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Petrus
Because it's Sadow's specialty. If they can be utilized in combat, he will. If not, he probably will use sorcery against them. Still, not sure how well this'll work against Ulic and Malak.

Sadow's specialty is in all of Sorcery, not just Illusions. He used Illusions (and Battle Meditation) in the Great Hyperspace War because it would influence the various battles a hell of a lot more than any of his other powers.

That seemed to be what people were implying, but I could've just read their implications wrong. Fair enough, though.

Not really. They have better hype and it's ludicrous to insinuate that Malak beating Bastila is beyond them. Malak holding his own against Darth Revan is good as well, but not something beyond Sadow or Kressh either (especially since Revan's only feats at this point are beating Yusanis and Mandalore).

Sure, Malak has more on-hand dueling feats, but more =/= better. I don't see Malak's feats as beyond the ancient Sith at all, and Sadow's Massassi thing in the TOR Codex is beyond anything Malak can lay claim to.

carthage
Agreed Sadow beating a bunch of stick wielding barely force sensitive savages is a feat beyond anything Malak is capable of

SunRazer
Malak did get one-shotted by an axe-wielding savage in a suit, so yes smile

carthage
Before his prime and Sadows best unamped force feat is throwing a brick

SunRazer
Before his prime and Malak's best unamped Force feat is creating blue particle effects.

carthage
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.