Darth Sidious vs. Hulk (MCU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
How long does Hulk last?

Sin I AM
Has the force ever been physically overpowered?

KingD19
If anyone could do it, it's Hulk. Also he's faster and more brutal than anyone Sidious has fought, and he can shrug off pretty much any attack.

BruceSkywalker
spite.. Hulk kills, maims, etc

relentless1
Sidious can dispose of Hulk in various different ways, hell he might just mind trick him into killing all his enemies for him... Darth Hulk has a nice ring to it...

KingD19
Originally posted by relentless1
Sidious can dispose of Hulk in various different ways, hell he might just mind trick him into killing all his enemies for him... Darth Hulk has a nice ring to it...

Absolutely no guarantee mind trick works on Hulk. It works on the weak willed, weak minded. Not someone like Hulk who is still coherent, he's just a rage monster. Wanda's powers aren't Force powers so you can't really compare them. Especially since Mind Trick is gentle persuasion that can be shrugged off, while Wanda mind controlled tons of Sakovian citizens to get them to the escape cruisers, as well as Vision and others.

So aside from that, Sidious has no way to put Hulk down. His lightning will piss him off, his saber will piss him off, trying to use TK will piss him off, and on the chance it works and Hulk doesn't just muscle through it, it'll piss him off more.

FrothByte
Question: Has any darth lord ever used mind persuasion in the movies?

Khazra Reborn
How would Hulk hold up against a lightsaber?

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
Question: Has any darth lord ever used mind persuasion in the movies?

The closest was Sidious "clouding" the Force Sight or whatever of Yoda and the other masters. But that was ill defined and seemed to be a mix of esoteric Force powers and him causing galaxy wide strife and conflict to hide his actions and scheming behind the scenes.

Aside from that, I don't think Sith usually bother. They're evil. Why do they need to convince someone to listen to them? Either you listen to them, or they hurt/kill you, or do something horrible until you listen to them. Actually, I think Kylo Ren tried to pry information from Rey's brain, but that wasn't manipulating her.

And going by feats, Hulk is more durable than most objects that have been cut with a saber. Plus he's so huge that Sidious would need to strike the same spot over and over again(if it even does real damage) to start seeing results. Even if it did something, getting that close to Hulk means Sidious is getting hit. And a single hit from Hulk will kill him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
The closest was Sidious "clouding" the Force Sight or whatever of Yoda and the other masters. But that was ill defined and seemed to be a mix of esoteric Force powers and him causing galaxy wide strife and conflict to hide his actions and scheming behind the scenes.

Aside from that, I don't think Sith usually bother. They're evil. Why do they need to convince someone to listen to them? Either you listen to them, or they hurt/kill you, or do something horrible until you listen to them. Actually, I think Kylo Ren tried to pry information from Rey's brain, but that wasn't manipulating her.

And going by feats, Hulk is more durable than most objects that have been cut with a saber. Plus he's so huge that Sidious would need to strike the same spot over and over again(if it even does real damage) to start seeing results. Even if it did something, getting that close to Hulk means Sidious is getting hit. And a single hit from Hulk will kill him.

The reason I ask is because I remember reading a Star Wars book where the dark side of the force was described as raw and chaotic. And thus why Darth Lords were incapable of mind manipulation because they lacked the subtlety.

But didn't know how correct that was as far as the movies were concerned.

KingD19
The reason I ask is because I remember reading a Star Wars book where the dark side of the force was described as raw and chaotic. And thus why Darth Lords were incapable of mind manipulation because they lacked the subtlety.

But didn't know how correct that was as far as the movies were concerned.

It would make sense. And even reading the books I can't recall many Dark siders using mind games except extremely powerful ones like Abeloth, but she's more of a Force Goddess/Conduit than a Force User.

Sidious however could be argued as being one of the most cunning/subtle of all the Sith, so take that for what you will.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Has the force ever been physically overpowered?

The Force itself? No. Jedi/Sith's limited extent at manipulating the Force? Yes. Every time a Jedi/Sith struggles to lift or break something with the Force.

Time-Immemorial
Hulk dies

relentless1
Absolutely no guarantee mind trick works on Hulk. It works on the weak willed, weak minded. Not someone like Hulk who is still coherent, he's just a rage monster. Wanda's powers aren't Force powers so you can't really compare them. Especially since Mind Trick is gentle persuasion that can be shrugged off, while Wanda mind controlled tons of Sakovian citizens to get them to the escape cruisers, as well as Vision and others.

So aside from that, Sidious has no way to put Hulk down. His lightning will piss him off, his saber will piss him off, trying to use TK will piss him off, and on the chance it works and Hulk doesn't just muscle through it, it'll piss him off more.

Hulk was mind ****ed by Loki and Wanda.. Jedi/Sith would own him or at least direct him towards his enemies

FrothByte
Hulk was mind ****ed by Loki and Wanda.. Jedi/Sith would own him or at least direct him towards his enemies

Loki and Wanda didn't exactly mind control him as much as simply manipulate him to go berserk.

Time-Immemorial
Loki and Wanda didn't exactly mind control him as much as simply manipulate him to go berserk.

Um yea that was mind control, another stupid statement from froth.

Thats like 3 today.

KingD19
Wanda has more powerful psychic powers than any on screen Force User ever shown.

Loki is a God/Frost Giant with centuries of experience manipulating people. He even manipulated Thor and Odin.

relentless1
Wanda has more powerful psychic powers than any on screen Force User ever shown.

Loki is a God/Frost Giant with centuries of experience manipulating people. He even manipulated Thor and Odin.

and Sidious is arguably the greatest Force user ever so whats your point??

lol Yoda was able to feel the deaths of the Jedi which was happening WORLDS away... thats a psychic range that Wanda can't begin to touch

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Um yea that was mind control, another stupid statement from froth.

Thats like 3 today.

So show me an example of them actually telling Hulk what to do. Actually just show me an instance of Wanda making someone do what she wants through mind control. Or Loki mind controlling someone without tapping his scepter on their chest.

Time-Immemorial
The point he was making is Wanda>Sideous

Time-Immemorial
So show me an example of them actually telling Hulk what to do.

Horrible retort, try again.

"Them"

Just face it you been running your mouth off with this crap for weeks and now your getting called on it.

laughing out loud

FrothByte
and Sidious is arguably the greatest Force user ever so whats your point??

lol Yoda was able to feel the deaths of the Jedi which was happening WORLDS away... thats a psychic range that Wanda can't begin to touch

His point is that Sidious doesn't have the psychic prowess of Wanda. And Yoda feeling those deaths is not due to his psychic abilities but due to his connection to the force. He felt the disturbance in the force.

FrothByte
Horrible retort, try again.

"Them"

Just face it you been running your mouth off with this crap for weeks and now your getting called on it.

laughing out loud

Guess that just proved that you're unable to provide examples of Wanda actually controlling somoene's actions with her mind. It's ok to admit that you're wrong.

Time-Immemorial
Lol try again. As usual you have no clue and or just making shit up and misrepresenting characters.

He attacked the city because he was under mind control.

It's your job to prove he wasn't because everyone else was under mind control, each one was affected differently and experienced their worst nightmare. Or did you not get this, I'm guessing it went over your head. But if you didn't know, Banners worst nightmare is hurting innocent people while in Hulk mode.

KingD19
Wanda made the citizens of Sakovia stop what they were doing, get up, and leave their homes to the escape cruisers.

Yoda feeling the deaths isn't him being psychic. Everything is connected to the Force. And he felt billions of lives all cease to exist at once.

Show some evidence of Sidious mentally controlling someone.

FrothByte
Lol try again. As usual you have no clue and or just making shit up and misrepresenting characters.

He attacked the city because he was under mind control.

It's your job to prove he wasn't because everyone else was under mind control, each one was affected differently and experienced their worst nightmare. Or did you not get this, I'm guessing it went over your head.

Wanda made everyone else see visions. That's not mind control. Even she didn't know what visions they were going to see, as she was clearly surprised by Tony's vision.

Time-Immemorial
Wanda made the citizens of Sakovia stop what they were doing, get up, and leave their homes to the escape cruisers.

Yoda feeling the deaths isn't him being psychic. Everything is connected to the Force. And he felt billions of lives all cease to exist at once.

Show some evidence of Sidious mentally controlling someone.

Sideous controlled the entire empire through the force through mind control and turned Kylo to be dark side as well as many others. Fin woke up... it's an insane feat but nothing like wandas direct OP power of overpowering someone with an infinity stone.

Sideous has great broad showings but Wandas are most OP with one on one.

Time-Immemorial
Wanda made everyone else see visions. That's not mind control. Even she didn't know what visions they were going to see, as she was clearly surprised by Tony's vision.

She was giving them their worst nightmare, what are you not getting:/

This isn't hard to grasp.

FrothByte
She was giving them their worst nightmare, what are you not getting:/

This isn't hard to grasp.

Do you understand what mind control is? It is controlling someone's mind so that you can control their actions. Making people see their worst nightmares is a powerful ability no doubt but is not mind control.

Loki making Hawkeye act under his control, that's mind control. Show me an example of Loki or Wanda doing that with Hulk.

Time-Immemorial
Are you not getting that Tony's worst nightmare was NY?

Did you not see IM3?

Him always talking about how he can't sleep and how it's his worst nightmare and how his suits suffered from his PTSD??

Your beyond help froth.

Making someone fall asleep while awake and make them live their worst nightmare is mind control.

You are literally clueless.

FrothByte
Are you not getting that Tony's worst nightmare was NY?

Did you not see IM3?

Him always talking about how he can't sleep and how it's his worst nightmare and how his suits suffered from his PTSD??

Your beyond help froth.

Making someone fall asleep while awake and make them live their worst nightmare is mind control.

You are literally clueless.

So if I gave someone some cocaine and got them high enough to start hallucinating I would have already demonstrated mind control?

Besides, Wanda didn't make the Avengers fall asleep. She made them hallucinate while they were awake. Stop making stuff up.

Time-Immemorial
Fall asleep while awake vs vividly hallucinate while awake.

Lol like this is a huge difference.

She mind controlled the avengers.

Your making this so nerdy it's pathetic.

FrothByte
Fall asleep while awake vs vividly hallucinate while awake.

Lol like this is a huge difference.

She mind controlled the avengers.

Your making this so nerdy it's pathetic.

She mind phucked the Avengers. That's completely different from. Her taking over their minds and making them do what she wants.

In the end it doesn't matter. Sidious never displayed the kind of psychic abilities that Wanda did so there's no proof he can mind control Hulk.

Time-Immemorial
thumb up

Sideous controlled the entire empire through the force through mind control and turned Kylo to be dark side as well as many others. Fin woke up... it's an insane feat but nothing like wandas direct OP power of overpowering someone with an infinity stone.

Sideous has great broad showings but Wandas are most OP with one on one.

relentless1
Sidious himself has shown that he's psychic; he was able to read Vaders mind as well as Lukes in ROTJ as well as talk to Anakin through telepathy just before his fight with Mace in ROTS

quanchi112
Hulk stomps. Palpatine would try to flee.

FrothByte
Sidious himself has shown that he's psychic; he was able to read Vaders mind as well as Lukes in ROTJ as well as talk to Anakin through telepathy just before his fight with Mace in ROTS

So... what, he's going to try and read Hulk's mind then?

The Ellimist

LMAO what? How exactly is a lightsaber not going to do more than "piss off" MCU Hulk? It's going to cut his head off. erm

And telekinesis can't be muscled through if Sidious just lifts him vertically. Then what's he gonna do? If he were able to push meaningfully against the air, he'd be able to fly, lmao.

Sidious lifts the Hulk, turns him around, and then throws his saber at his neck. /fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.