Black Pastors Blast Obama on TG policy and comparison

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://atlantadailyworld.com/2016/05/16/black-pastors-blast-president-obamas-transgender-bill-as-insult-to-black-civil-rights/

Who would have thought this was gonna happen?

Omega Vision
That they're black doesn't mean much. Social conservatives are social conservatives. They're hypocrites who don't understand that discrimination is discrimination whether based on race or gender or identity.

Surtur
If I get this correctly, they are upset because they feel the plight of the trans gender is being compared to the plight blacks faced in this country? They think using the civil rights law for this is somehow disrespectful.

I agree and disagree. I disagree with them getting all pissed over the law apparently being applied to others. I do agree though trans people aren't really "suffering" the way blacks did in the past. These are people with mental issues vs an entire race. Being told to go to the bathroom of the gender you were born with isn't really the same as "you can't drink from this water fountain because you're black" or any shit like that.

In this country we need to be able to friggin admit a problem exists without grossly exaggerating it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.