The Flash Vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/DC-Comics-Flash-Move-Forward.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Loki.jpg

Digi
Probably Loki, imo. Unless Flash manages to end it early, Loki will magically turtle and will have all the time in the world to craft a solution.

riv6672
Thanks.

Good to see you in the forum. Been awhile!

Digi
Thanks.

*disappears forever*

riv6672
I have that effect on men.

Surtur
Couldn't Flash just vibrate his fist through Loki's skull? From his point of view doesn't Flash have "all the time in the world" ?

leonidas
yes and yes. loki's been beheaded in the past though and survived. having his brain exploded is something different though. loki would need to come into the match already hidden from flash, because he certainly wouldn't have time to cast one once it started. in a comic this would be cool and loki would definitely take him most of the time. forum flash is altogether different.

DarkSaint85
Loki wins, barring OOC Flash.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Loki wins, barring OOC Flash.

You might have a point, I guess he doesn't just explode peoples brains normally. Loki should feel lucky he's fighting such a nice guy who isn't into vibrational explosions.

riv6672
Yeah, i was going to point that out too, you CBR veteran, you! stick out tongue

Digi
Leo said what I was too lazy to.

cdtm
Loki wins, if it's KMC Flash.

Normal Flash pwns. stick out tongue

Seriously, there's a fine line between this OOC Flash I keep hearing about, who I can only assume is a IMP speed stealing lamer, and between just standing there doing nothing like he does half the times in comic.

riv6672
A fine line indeed.

DarkSaint85
Someone better post that Constantine taking Flash out scan....

Surtur
I see it like this though, if Flash realized the only way he could survive was to kill..wouldn't he then kill?

I know a lot of heroes have a "no kill" code or whatever, but they usually don't take it to suicidal extremes.

Can Barry hit with Class 100 force like Wally could?

DarkSaint85
My take on it is that Loki won't be killing Barry either....and has so many options.

If, say, Barry or Wally were facing WBH, for example, just standing there would showcase how powerful Hulk is, with his energy. Hence, something extreme would be tried right off the bat.

But this is Loki. The trickster. He doesn't enter the battlefield with awesome displays of his power...if anything, he WANTS you thinking he's not a threat.

Until its too late.

ShadowFyre
What would happen if Loki punched flash as hard as he could? And flash just took it. He would die right?

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
Thanks.

*disappears forever* lol

Surtur
My take on it is that Loki won't be killing Barry either....and has so many options.

If, say, Barry or Wally were facing WBH, for example, just standing there would showcase how powerful Hulk is, with his energy. Hence, something extreme would be tried right off the bat.

But this is Loki. The trickster. He doesn't enter the battlefield with awesome displays of his power...if anything, he WANTS you thinking he's not a threat.

Until its too late.

But what about basic knowledge?

riv6672

Until its too late.
Thats pretty good.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Surtur
But what about basic knowledge?

That would make a Flash even MORE cautious, IMO.

If you're facing a guy known for his trickery and traps...you probably won't want to rush into things, amirite? Especially where magic is concerned.

Horrificus
Loki has to get the "Doom-Advantage" here.
That's right, i coined it.

As with Doom, Loki's mind, character, stealth, experience/age, and strategy have to be taken into account.

Combined with his physical attributes and arsenal of magical capabilities, Flash should not b able to take this.

riv6672
^^^Stop trying to make fetch happen. Its not going to happen.

But i kind of agree.

Horrificus
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Stop trying to make fetch happen. Its not going to happen.

But i kind of agree. i always thought there should b some way to factor in the "genius" attribute for high level scientists, military chatacters, magic-users, Batman-esque strategists, etc. Characters whose minds give them an edge in some way, on top of any other abilities or traits they might have.

riv6672
A lot of times that type of mentality is best used with prep time though.
I do agree the kind of character you describe usually fights smarter right off the bat.

Surtur
That would make a Flash even MORE cautious, IMO.

If you're facing a guy known for his trickery and traps...you probably won't want to rush into things, amirite? Especially where magic is concerned.

But Loki hasn't actually been given anytime to prep. So if Flash knows they are both going into this without any preparation then wouldn't the best move be to prevent Loki from being able to do anything as soon as the fight starts?

I mean you probably don't want to give Loki time to conjure up any mischief, right?

Sin I AM
Has flash faced a mage before?

DarkSaint85
Only Constantine, but he had prep. Pre 52? Probably, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11112/111123610/3337877-3147279-justice%2Bleague%2Bdark%2B%282011-%29%2B020-011+part+2.jpg
http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11112/111123610/3337863-3147280-justice%2Bleague%2Bdark%2B%282011-%29%2B020-012.jpg

Like I said, Constantine had prep. But that is the only time I have seen a mage go up against DCnU Flash.

Deadman has tried possessing Flash as well, and was succeeding, until Barry chucked him out.

riv6672
^^^Dude...! stick out tongue

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113819/3528908-9775263087-Abra_.jpg

DarkSaint85
Lol thumb up My memory fails me in my old age!

leonidas
the question isn't can loki put flash down if he gets the chance--that answer is obvious. the question is WOULD he get a chance, and WHY would he? full powers in play, he wouldn't get a chance. loki might start something, then he'd become a statue to flash's pov, who'd also be thinking about billion billion times faster than loki can (insert scans of flash seeing all possible outcomes of a random situation and out-thinking a supercomputer).

this is the same outcome as 99% of all flash threads. he needs to be neutered or handicapped to win. you gotta be careful citing ooc as well--it wouldn't be ooc for him to simply ko loki. he doesn't need to kill him in the opening nano-second. ooc=/=pis or cis in this case. i think some are confusing that issue.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
this is the same outcome as 99% of all flash threads.

Yes. Good thing that sort of stuff happens only on the Internet.

In comics or TV, everyone and their mother pwn the shit out of every possible Flash version...

cdtm
the question isn't can loki put flash down if he gets the chance--that answer is obvious. the question is WOULD he get a chance, and WHY would he? full powers in play, he wouldn't get a chance. loki might start something, then he'd become a statue to flash's pov, who'd also be thinking about billion billion times faster than loki can (insert scans of flash seeing all possible outcomes of a random situation and out-thinking a supercomputer).

this is the same outcome as 99% of all flash threads. he needs to be neutered or handicapped to win. you gotta be careful citing ooc as well--it wouldn't be ooc for him to simply ko loki. he doesn't need to kill him in the opening nano-second. ooc=/=pis or cis in this case. i think some are confusing that issue.

Don't have the scan ready, but the old Pre Crisis example of how effective high end speed is applies here

Mordru fires off a magic attack, and Superboy goes into action, crafting a time bubble from sand, putting the LOSH members in it, and sending them off into the timestream. All before the magic bolt hits the ground.

Wally, Barry, or any top tier speedster should be that fast. (And on an off topic note, makes you wonder how Mordru was even a threat in that era smile )

riv6672
Comics would suck if written CBR style...!

Surtur
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Has flash faced a mage before?

I'm not sure, but would this really matter? He knows magic exists, if he knows Loki is some trickster god why on earth would he allow this being to get off even a single thought?

ShadowFyre

Not if writers picked the right characters to fight and usedbtheir imagination to display powersets. Instead we get Odin headbutting and Supermans go to move is to fly really fast fist first.

riv6672

Using this for the Flash/Tangent Superman thread.

Horrificus
Loki has too many tools.
If we can throw ideas around for Flash to act out in theory, we can do the same with Loki.

The difference is, Loki has more cards up his sleeve than the Flash has. More of a variety of abilities he can mix and match and since Flash is not immune to being tricked or out-thought, I still think this looks good for Loki.

And if I have to list all the things Loki can and HAS done, u dont know the character and shouldnt b betting against him anyway.

cdtm

Thunderbolts was written CBR style, and it was AWESOME.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/41224/1982875-quicksilvervsmrx1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/41224/1982876-quicksilvervsmrx2.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/41224/1982882-quicksilvervsmrx4.jpg

riv6672
Thats just a really good showing.

cdtm
http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF080-Mice_Gun.jpg

Pretty much how all speedster vs non speedster fights should go. smile

riv6672
So all speedsters are pussies! eek!

Surtur
If I wrote a comic I would try to figure out a way to make the characters at least not act like morons. I mean come on..sometimes people *die* because they didn't use their powers in a way that would of helped.

But anyways yeah, Flash wins.

riv6672
Speedsters are probably the hardest characters to write.

TheHulk
yes and yes. loki's been beheaded in the past though and survived. having his brain exploded is something different though. loki would need to come into the match already hidden from flash, because he certainly wouldn't have time to cast one once it started. in a comic this would be cool and loki would definitely take him most of the time. forum flash is altogether different. This

riv6672
Maybe. Forum Flash still isnt CBR Flash.

DarkSaint85
Forum Wally is immune to magic...

riv6672
Of course is he is!

Surtur
Maybe. Forum Flash still isnt CBR Flash.

It just doesn't bother you if a character wins not on their own merit, but because their opponent fights like a retard?

I mean that's a shitty way to win anything. It's like if I trained super hard for the olympic games and then everyone else in my category didn't show up so I got the gold by default. I didn't do shit to earn that.

I just don't understand what anyone gets out of "well this character won due to stupidity".

StiltmanFTW
So all speedsters are pussies! eek!

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

riv6672
It just doesn't bother you if a character wins not on their own merit, but because their opponent fights like a retard?

I mean that's a shitty way to win anything. It's like if I trained super hard for the olympic games and then everyone else in my category didn't show up so I got the gold by default. I didn't do shit to earn that.

I just don't understand what anyone gets out of "well this character won due to stupidity".
It does and it doesnt.
I mean, me flipping isnt going to change anything.
Like when posters arbitrarily say a character stomps. Or a character loses because he's a jobber. Or claim Superman's stronger than anyone but immediately go to speed blitz when they realize he isnt.

Surtur
Well if the only way for a character to win is to use their speed then they should use it. Saying it's not a normal tactic they use is one thing, but when people take it so far as to suggest this person will literally let themselves die or be seriously harmed..that just goes too far.

So "KMC Flash" or "CBR Flash" could really just be renamed "Flash that lacks down syndrome".

StiltmanFTW
Then you want Flash who can just speedblitz the likes of Merged Celestial and Imperiex...?

DarkSaint85
He's done it to Anti Monitor before mad

StiltmanFTW
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3707117-2657489924-33142.jpg

haermm2

riv6672
Well if the only way for a character to win is to use their speed then they should use it. Saying it's not a normal tactic they use is one thing...
True, but in regards to my example, pretending it IS a normal tactic they use is a thing too.
Then there's all the other supposed auto wins that are claimed. Midnighter's PCbrain, Panther's vibranium suit, Zaranna saying die...just board silliness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.