Galen Marek vs Tulak Hord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
All Out

The Ellimist
Galen oneshots.

Nephthys
Hord

The Ellimist
You're cute.

Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/IP4WlHn.gif

DarthAnt66
Hord, yeah.

The Ellimist
Based on what? Lmao

Petrus
Almost all we have on Hord are accolades. How can we plausibly use him in a versus fight?

Sinious
Hype vs Feats is the point.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Sinious
Hype vs Feats is the point.

Marek has both.

Petrus
He does. Hype + feats >> just hype, tbh.

Sinious
Hord's hype is arguably better, which is why Ant and Neph said he'd win. I didn't say I agree though.

Nephthys
Throw in the fact that I don't take Mareks feats as representative of his true abilities, yes.

Petrus
Hord's hype is better. But we can't only base our argument on hype or accolades, tbh.

Nephthys
Hord hasn't appeared in person so we only have second-hand accounts of his abilities and feats. Going off of his legendary swordsmanship, immense TK, masterful sorcery and other information we have on him, I put him above the likes of Marek.

Muur is suggested to Vader+ level. I consider Hord every bit his equal and superior.

NewGuy01
>We hear good things about Hord
>reliable
>We see good things from Marek
>not reliable

Petrus
Originally posted by NewGuy01
>We hear good things about Hord
>reliable
>We see good things from Marek
>not reliable

thumb up

How reliable are the sources that say this about Hord?

Nephthys
More reliable than something stated to be exaggerated. None of the sources for Hord are noted to be inaccurate.

Petrus
You don't think Khem, the beast who has gay feelings for Hord, would be a little bit biased?

NewGuy01
No. Only the writers of the TFU novel are biased and wrong.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Petrus
You don't think Khem, the beast who has gay feelings for Hord, would be a little bit biased? Not enough to outright lie for no reason out of the blue to someone he's planning to kill, no.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NewGuy01
No. Only the writers of the TFU novel are biased and wrong.

lol

Syndicate
Lol, what is this? Tulak stomps. #Ancients4ever

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Syndicate
Lol, what is this? Tulak stomps. #Ancients4ever

Remember when you didn't even understand sarcasm and trolling?

carthage
Marek rapes

Syndicate
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Remember when you didn't even understand sarcasm and trolling?

Yiz. :>

AncientPower
If Hord's hype is accurate then he wrecks, if.

Though unless I'm mistaken, isn't Hord feeding off of the spirits of hundreds of Jedi he killed on the battlefield, an actual fact not just hype?

Nephthys
Iirc yes.

Beniboybling
Goodness, so Neph do you just arbitrarily assume Marek is as powerful as you want him to be? How absurd is that?

And there is a difference between lies and hyperbole, we can't dismiss that an obsessive fanboy like Khem was exaggerating when describing the feats Hord accomplished.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Goodness, so Neph do you just arbitrarily assume Marek is as powerful as you want him to be?

No, I powerscale him from Vader and his other opponents.

The Ellimist
Neph's honesty and consistency once again strike fear into the hearts of the Gideonites.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, I powerscale him from Vader and his other opponents. And how do you maintain that when you consider the whole of TFU to be exaggerated and inaccurate?

Nephthys
Well, I think Darth Vader appears in a few other sources we can use to guage him off of, maybe. Shaak Ti is also an established character who we can use as a comparison, although she probably/obviously improved in her exile.

Petrus

And there is a difference between lies and hyperbole, we can't dismiss that an obsessive fanboy like Khem was exaggerating when describing the feats Hord accomplished.

Yeah, tbh.

The Ellimist
Lmao at Neph taking a sith lord's word over that of a third person narrator. laughing out loud

Nephthys
Khem isn't a Sith tho?

The Ellimist
Tru, never mind that destroys my argument.

Nephthys
Was that an argument? Its hard to tell when you're making a legit point or just flaming me tbh.

Theres nothing but speculation against Khem. The writers had him tell you those things for a reason and they never give you a cause to doubt the reliability of those accounts. There is no reason at all for them to have Khem tell you incorrect things other than shits and giggles. Were they to be inaccurate the game would surely go out of its way to indicate this so as to actually serve a point. The fact that this is not the case indicates that Khem is telling the truth. Hord's hype has been supported by every source that's spoken of him and every source that's spoken of him has spoken highly. TFU is noted to be exaggerated and over the top, the entire premise of the game is to overblow Force feats. It's explicitly stated to be as such, while the arguments against Khem are empty supposition without a shred of proof that so much as dents the reliability of his accounts.

cs_zoltan
TFU is noted to be exaggerated and over the top, the entire premise of the game is to overblow Force feats. It's explicitly stated to be as such.

It's been countered so many times it's not even funny anymore. But I wouldn't expect you to stop saying that, you gotta take every stab at the PT/OT era you can thumb up

Beniboybling
Was that an argument? Its hard to tell when you're making a legit point or just flaming me tbh.

Theres nothing but speculation against Khem. The writers had him tell you those things for a reason and they never give you a cause to doubt the reliability of those accounts. There is no reason at all for them to have Khem tell you incorrect things other than shits and giggles. Were they to be inaccurate the game would surely go out of its way to indicate this so as to actually serve a point. The fact that this is not the case indicates that Khem is telling the truth. Hord's hype has been supported by every source that's spoken of him and every source that's spoken of him has spoken highly. TFU is noted to be exaggerated and over the top, the entire premise of the game is to overblow Force feats. It's explicitly stated to be as such, while the arguments against Khem are empty supposition without a shred of proof that so much as dents the reliability of his accounts. So you are the only one who didn't note how Khem is fanatically obsessed with his master (which makes him a biased source of information), aggrandising his status by claiming Nox is nothing in comparison, before conceding that actually Nox is a worthy successor?

That seems good enough basis for me, as is the general trope for past acts of heroics are often widely exaggerated by their retellers.

Certainly you can't proof beyond a doubt that Khem's statements are entirely valid.

And the Galen Marek argument has been gone over a thousand times, pretty much everyone other than yourself and Ant agrees that TFU made an "overblown" "over the top" game (note the word game, this is never even applied to the novel) by making an extremely powerful protagonist, as Blackman himself has stated, a being who had the potential to become the most powerful Force user ever, not but exaggerating his powers, which would work to deliberately make canon continuity unreliable, a rather absurd notion tbh.

Nephthys
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It's been countered so many times it's not even funny anymore. But I wouldn't expect you to stop saying that, you gotta take every stab at the PT/OT era you can thumb up

Everyone thinks they've countered an argument, their opposition thinks otherwise, no one ever changes their minds and the circle continues.

Beniboybling
The problem with your "argument" Neph is that you can't prove it necessary, the alternative is an equally possible and workable solution.

Difference being that the opposing argument is supported by the fact TFU is licensed canon material, whereas your proposition flies in the face of the norm regarding SW continuity.

Nephthys
So you are the only one who didn't note how Khem is fanatically obsessed with his master (which makes him a biased source of information), aggrandising his status by claiming Nox is nothing in comparison, before conceding that actually Nox is a worthy successor?

That seems good enough basis for me, as is the general trope for past acts of heroics are often widely exaggerated by their retellers.

Certainly you can't proof beyond a doubt that Khem's statements are entirely valid.

And the Galen Marek argument has been gone over a thousand times, pretty much everyone other than yourself and Ant agrees that TFU made an "overblown" "over the top" game (note the word game, this is never even applied to the novel) by making an extremely powerful protagonist, as Blackman himself has stated, a being who had the potential to become the most powerful Force user ever, not but exaggerating his powers, which would work to deliberately make canon continuity unreliable, a rather absurd notion tbh.

I would counter that Khem is compelled to be loyal to Nox and never disobeys her or lies to her, ever, in the entire game. As I stated, Khem has no reason to lie, theres no reason the writers would write him as telling you incorrect stories and then never actually give you the indication that this is the case and without anything actually indicating it it's an entirely pointless

Why should I care about your opinion when you're clearly biased, lol. Thats how this works right? I call you biased so I get to dismiss everything you say?

Luckily this is an internet debate and not rocket science so I don't have to prove something beyond a doubt. As we've seen, hardly anything on this forum can be proven beyond a doubt. I've made the case and you haven't established anywhere near the doubt necessary to dismiss Khems statements.

Hardly absurd, it's been the case for 15 years now:

"The analogy is that every piece of published Star Wars fiction is a window into the 'real' Star Wars universe. Some windows are a bit foggier than others. Some are decidedly abstract. But each contains a nugget of truth to them. Like the great Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi said, 'many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.' "

Selenial
Everyone thinks they've countered an argument, their opposition thinks otherwise, no one ever changes their minds and the circle continues.

Not really. You stopped replying last time, that's basically an automatic concession.

Nephthys
Oh really? Can I assume the case is the same for you when I kicked your ass in that Nox thread and you never got around to replying? smile

I'm a busy guy. I have a ton of interests and nowhere near enough time to indulge in them all. Also, only idiots think they win just because the person stops replying. If thats the case Legend and Quan dominate everyone on the forum, lol.

Selenial
Oh really? Can I assume the case is the same for you when I kicked your ass in that Nox thread and you never got around to replying? smile

I'm a busy guy. I have a ton of interests and nowhere near enough time to indulge in them all. Also, only idiots think they win just because the person stops replying. If thats the case Legend and Quan dominate everyone on the forum, lol.

Actually, LeGenD showed up in the thread and I made a personal decision a long time ago to not bother with him anymore. Make a CaV for it, I'm 100% down to slaughter you in front of every member of both forums, but I'm not dealing with LeGenD's cancer at the same time.

You were happy to reply to every other thread. The difference with LeGenD and Quan is that everyone runs in circles with them. With you, you presented an argument, I followed up with my own and you abandoned the thread only to continue spouting the same drivel with absolutely zero justification. At least LeGenD and Quan try to justify their arguments to anyone who opposes them instead of running like a child smile

|King Joker|
What the **** lol

Emperordmb
A CAV would work because CV doesn't have some retardedly extreme hatred against Neph like KMC does... That would actually be interesting to see tbh

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial
Actually, LeGenD showed up in the thread and I made a personal decision a long time ago to not bother with him anymore. Make a CaV for it, I'm 100% down to slaughter you in front of every member of both forums, but I'm not dealing with LeGenD's cancer at the same time.

You were happy to reply to every other thread. The difference with LeGenD and Quan is that everyone runs in circles with them. With you, you presented an argument, I followed up with my own and you abandoned the thread only to continue spouting the same drivel with absolutely zero justification. At least LeGenD and Quan try to justify their arguments to anyone who opposes them instead of running like a child smile

BS, I have the thread right in front of me and you state a willingness to reply even after Legend started posting. And no ones gonna force you to talk to him, this isn't ****ing kindergarten. erm

I can't even remember what thread you're talking about. That you crow victory whenever something slips my mind or attention is p sad. Honestly I might have just considered you not worth the effort. Especially on such well-worn ground when you clearly have nothing new to offer. Obviously I haven't conceded because I still hold to my belief and continue to argue it.

Or maybe carthage posted and I thought "ew noooo! I can't possibly just not talk to him, clearly I need to abandon the thread! Totes not conceding tho!" laughing

Also I'm not on CV.

Beniboybling
I would counter that Khem is compelled to be loyal to Nox and never disobeys her or lies to her, ever, in the entire game. As I stated, Khem has no reason to lie, theres no reason the writers would write him as telling you incorrect stories and then never actually give you the indication that this is the case and without anything actually indicating it it's an entirely pointless

Why should I care about your opinion when you're clearly biased, lol. Thats how this works right? I call you biased so I get to dismiss everything you say?

Luckily this is an internet debate and not rocket science so I don't have to prove something beyond a doubt. As we've seen, hardly anything on this forum can be proven beyond a doubt. I've made the case and you haven't established anywhere near the doubt necessary to dismiss Khems statements.Again there is a difference between lies and hyperbole, embellishing on and/or generalising the truth doesn't make Khem a flat out liar, especially considering this stuff happened thousands of years ago, so we can't exactly expect perfect memory recall. For example I could and others have claimed that Galen Marek pulled down a Star Destroyer (and an observer might even have seen it that way) but it truth it was already falling and he merely altered its flight path.

Nor do we know the circumstances surrounding Hord's accomplishments, for example did Khem omit to mention the ship was damaged, its engines perhaps? How far was it off the ground? We don't know.

Yes, Khem's enamored perspective on Hord is absolutely reason to see his accomplishments through rose-tinted spectacles, skewing them in the best possible way. In fact I see people earnestly do so on these forums all the time. To which I'd add are often ignored because yes, there opinions are biased.

But sure, the option to take his claims literally is open to you, but what you claimed is that there is absolutely no reason to doubt him. And that's just not true.Lol quote the full source material, that's referring to movie continuity vs. its EU depictions. Which correspond to established rules in canon. The TFU novel is an entirely inclusive source, and has no higher source it can contradict. None of these rules apply. erm

Emperordmb
Also I'm not on CV.
You should be tbh, at least there half of the content isn't trolly bullshit.

The Ellimist
DMB you should create a thread here like my Luke wank one dedicated to destroying Carthage's bane trolling. Are you up to the challenge?

Selenial
BS, I have the thread right in front of me and you state a willingness to reply even after Legend started posting. And no ones gonna force you to talk to him, this isn't ****ing kindergarten. erm

I can't even remember what thread you're talking about. That you crow victory whenever something slips my mind or attention is p sad. Honestly I might have just considered you not worth the effort. Especially on such well-worn ground when you clearly have nothing new to offer. Obviously I haven't conceded because I still hold to my belief and continue to argue it.

Or maybe carthage posted and I thought "ew noooo! I can't possibly just not talk to him, clearly I need to abandon the thread! Totes not conceding tho!" laughing

Also I'm not on CV.

Obviously I changed my mind. I don't enjoy seeing someone constantly attempting to counter my points without addressing them, and I chose not to address him. For someone who constantly backs out of debates because he perceives himself to being dog piled, you should understand more than most.

Interesting you say it slipped your attention, since you replied in the thread to different topics afterward. It was the Kas'im vs Shaak Ti thread btw (which I still haven't replied to DMB in, lmao that's ironic. Soon(TM))

Petrus
So much hate between you two.

The Ellimist

Theres nothing but speculation against Khem. The writers had him tell you those things for a reason and they never give you a cause to doubt the reliability of those accounts. There is no reason at all for them to have Khem tell you incorrect things other than shits and giggles. Were they to be inaccurate the game would surely go out of its way to indicate this so as to actually serve a point. The fact that this is not the case indicates that Khem is telling the truth. Hord's hype has been supported by every source that's spoken of him and every source that's spoken of him has spoken highly. TFU is noted to be exaggerated and over the top, the entire premise of the game is to overblow Force feats. It's explicitly stated to be as such, while the arguments against Khem are empty supposition without a shred of proof that so much as dents the reliability of his accounts.

I honestly want to see where anyone ever said that TFU was exaggerated. I know they said they wanted things to be over the top...but that doesn't mean that the events aren't accurate, lawl. That's one possible way of making things "over the top" - the other is to just give you control of characters who are legitimately powerful. The latter interpretation fits better with both pre-Disney canon policy and suspension of disbelief, and oh, just happens to be something the creators themselves said - they said they wanted Galen to represent what Luke would've looked like if he'd been trained by Vader. They didn't say "Galen actually isn't that powerful, we just artificially distort reality for your entertainment, and we made sure the novelization and comic adaption would as well!" Your attempt to dismiss the aforementioned feats because they don't fit with your personal head canon and reveal that nobody in your precious little mmorg outside of maybe Vitiate is on Vader/Galen's tier is not a reason for anyone else to follow along.

BTW, since you've upheld Khem's utter honesty and infallibility, I suppose we also have to conclude that Darth Nox is more powerful than Tulak Hord now. Really convenient of you, because now I should start making Kit Fisto vs. Tulak Hord threads. thumb up

Nephthys
Nox isn't said to be more powerful than Hord.

The Ellimist
S/he's his successor, which in Sith language means something along those lines.

Nephthys
No it doesn't, lol. Nox never had to overcome Hord, which would necessitate that logic. She's his successor in spirit, not power or ability.

The Ellimist
Clearly Sith are very indifferent to power levels in assigning successor titles to people. It's not like that would contradict their entire philosophy or anything.

Regardless, you are clearly incapable of addressing anything but the more superfluous part of my post. thumb up

Nephthys
Khem isn't a Sith tho?

Incapable while watching something casually yeah.

The Ellimist
Yeah, he only fanatically served one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

NewGuy01
What? When does LeGenD ever get the last word in a thread? Excluding bumps.

Nephthys
Yeah, exactly. He doesn't follow Sith teachings and possibly doesn't even know them. Nox is a worthy successor because she proved herself good enough to inherit his loyalty and carry on Hords fallen name. In spirit, she obviously doesn't actually succeed him at all, her line is that of Kallig.

The Ellimist
So she's orders of magnitude weaker than Hord, but is still "good enough" to inherit his loyalty?

Anyway, Tulak still gets destroyed.

Beniboybling
No it doesn't, lol. Nox never had to overcome Hord, which would necessitate that logic. She's his successor in spirit, not power or ability. She's her successor in spirit, the spirit of Sith succession being someone more powerful than their predecessor... right.

Why else do you think Khem claimed Nox a worthy successor, her dress sense?

Nephthys
Originally posted by The Ellimist
So she's orders of magnitude weaker than Hord, but is still "good enough" to inherit his loyalty?

Anyway, Tulak still gets destroyed.

Yes.

No.

She's her successor in spirit, the spirit of Sith succession being someone more powerful than their predecessor... right.

Why else do you think Khem claimed Nox a worthy successor, her dress sense?

No, not really. This isn't the RoT, bro. (notthatimconcedinganythingabouttherotconcerningpo
werincreasedonteven****ingtryit)

In terms of legacy. Its not hard to freaking figure out.

Beniboybling
So? It's not an exclusive Rule of Two concept (that being that there can only be two) rather its the bedrock of Sith philosophy. Strength determines everything.

Yet so difficult for you to articulate. Let me do it for you. The thing a Sith values above all is strength, therefore to be a worthy successor to Hord Khem (who downplays Nox's strength above all else from the moment they meet) must have reached the conclusion that Nox at least rivals Hord's abilities to be worthy of succeeding him. Especially considering that Khem is biased towards Hord and against Nox.

P.S. Concerning the steady increase in power regarding the Rule of Two, nobody needs your concession when its an established fact. smile

The Ellimist
thumb up

Anyway, what exactly are Tulak's feats which put him on Marek's level? How do his accolades do that? All they say are that he's like a really good duelist or something.

cs_zoltan
(notthatimconcedinganythingabouttherotconcerningpo
werincreasedonteven****ingtryit)

So you refuse to concede something irrefutably claimed in several sources based on semantics, yet you take Khem's wanking at face value?

No wonder nobody takes you seriously.

Nephthys
So? It's not an exclusive Rule of Two concept (that being that there can only be two) rather its the bedrock of Sith philosophy. Strength determines everything.

Yet so difficult for you to articulate. Let me do it for you. The thing a Sith values above all is strength, therefore to be a worthy successor to Hord Khem (who downplays Nox's strength above all else from the moment they meet) must have reached the conclusion that Nox at least rivals Hord's abilities to be worthy of succeeding him. Especially considering that Khem is biased towards Hord and against Nox.

P.S. Concerning the steady increase in power regarding the Rule of Two, nobody needs your concession when its an established fact. smile

Not all the time. You can succeed someone without actually being as strong or stronger than them. Especially when theres such a long gap between the two and no actual relation. Khem is just making up a title, theres no actual succession. She's not succeeding him in anything other than Khems bromance. If a Sith dies, the person who inherits their position and prestige doesn't need to be as strong as them. Or even nearly as strong. You think the Dark Council was just a steady increase in power? Or that when a Sith Lord dies everyone around them flexes to see who inherits his lands and titles and if they aren't as bad a dude as he was, they just walk away?

Again, Khem isn't a Sith. How hard is that to grasp? He doesn't need to think Nox is comparable to Hord in strength to conclude that she's a powerful Sith in her own right, worthy of his respect and able to carry on Hord's legacy in some arbitrary manner. If all Khem cared about was strength he'd proclaim Vitiate Hords heir. Nox is his heir because she found his artifacts, bound his greatest servant and proved herself capable of crushing her enemies. Nothing else is required for Khem to get a boner over her.

cs_zoltan
But why would the writers make Khem say Nox is a worthy successor if she isn't comparable to Tulak? I mean they have no reason to make Khem lie.

The Ellimist
I love how Neph masturbates at night to Tulak Hord vaguely bringing down a cruiser in undisclosed conditions, but just dismisses Galen Marek doing a similar thing to an imperial star destroyer, disintegrating a frigate, one-shotting hundreds of stormtroopers at once with telekinesis, and taking out entire AT-AT's with his lightning. thumb up

Nephthys
I love how you're so assblasted at me merely because I called you a douchebag and yet you've taken every opportunity to prove me right in that respect.

The Ellimist
erm I didn't even insult you in that post, beyond saying you masturbate to Tulak (which isn't a lie...). But nice rhetorical trick in avoiding the argument. thumb up

Beniboybling
Not all the time. You can succeed someone without actually being as strong or stronger than them. Especially when theres such a long gap between the two and no actual relation. Khem is just making up a title, theres no actual succession. She's not succeeding him in anything other than Khems bromance. If a Sith dies, the person who inherits their position and prestige doesn't need to be as strong as them. Or even nearly as strong. You think the Dark Council was just a steady increase in power? Or that when a Sith Lord dies everyone around them flexes to see who inherits his lands and titles and if they aren't as bad a dude as he was, they just walk away?

Again, Khem isn't a Sith. How hard is that to grasp? He doesn't need to think Nox is comparable to Hord in strength to conclude that she's a powerful Sith in her own right, worthy of his respect and able to carry on Hord's legacy in some arbitrary manner. If all Khem cared about was strength he'd proclaim Vitiate Hords heir. Nox is his heir because she found his artifacts, bound his greatest servant and proved herself capable of crushing her enemies. Nothing else is required for Khem to get a boner over her. Khem is doing what's called recognising Nox's abilities as being worthy of succeeding Hord's, its that simple, everything else you said is besides the point. It's not as if he'd say anything different if Hord were still around.

And no they don't, that's called the difference between a successor and a worthy one. thumb up

Finally the fact that Khem isn't a Sith doesn't mean he isn't an advocate of their beliefs, of course he is, he was a loyal servant to a Sith Lord and frequently marvels at the current Sith Empire's displays of power, he clearly gives a shit, and shares their ideals. And no Vitiate is not relevant for the reasons you stated, and considering Khem's initial hatred for Nox, I imagine he set the bar quite high.

Really you are trying some desperate mental gymnastics to invalidate this obvious fact, I thought you would embrace the Nox wank tbh. Obviously you don't have that much faith in Nox's powers. It's true, he's nowhere near Marek. smile

The Ellimist
Neph doesn't even seem to have an argument at this point. He won't debate feats because Galen obviously wins there, and he can't seem to explain how powerscaling/accolades actually work in Hord's favor, so he just vaguely obfuscates about how Tulak isn't as weak as Nox is.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by The Ellimist
thumb up

Anyway, what exactly are Tulak's feats which put him on Marek's level? How do his accolades do that? All they say are that he's like a really good duelist or something. Oh that only works if you dismiss TFU as inaccurate, that's really the only argument Neph has here. smile

Syndicate
I didn't know you guys were being serious... Is Neph really questioning the validity of feats described in third person from an official novel when he himself wanks the SWTOR era and its exaggerated feats and cut scenes? :/

The Ellimist
Neph is this forum's biggest troll, if the definition of troll excludes mens rea.

Nephthys
Again there is a difference between lies and hyperbole, embellishing on and/or generalising the truth doesn't make Khem a flat out liar, especially considering this stuff happened thousands of years ago, so we can't exactly expect perfect memory recall. For example I could and others have claimed that Galen Marek pulled down a Star Destroyer (and an observer might even have seen it that way) but it truth it was already falling and he merely altered its flight path.

Nor do we know the circumstances surrounding Hord's accomplishments, for example did Khem omit to mention the ship was damaged, its engines perhaps? How far was it off the ground? We don't know.

Yes, Khem's enamored perspective on Hord is absolutely reason to see his accomplishments through rose-tinted spectacles, skewing them in the best possible way. In fact I see people earnestly do so on these forums all the time. To which I'd add are often ignored because yes, there opinions are biased.

But sure, the option to take his claims literally is open to you, but what you claimed is that there is absolutely no reason to doubt him. And that's just not true.

The difference is that Khem was actually there to see those things. He's not going to misremember Hord fighting an army of Jedi or pulling a capital ship down right in front of him. Those aren't the things kind of things you forget. The Marek thing is mostly confusion over the trailer showing him pulling one down tbh.

The circumstances don't really have anything to do with Khem's reliability. Regardless, he says that Hord pulled it out of the sky. If it was already falling, obviously that wouldn't apply. And he says he pulled it out of the sky, so it clearly wasn't 5 feet off the ground. Not that that would impact the feat much.

Or maybe he's enamored by Hord because he see's him doing those kinds of crazy things. People have a stake in skewing things to win debates. Khem at this point doesn't respect Nox much, he's trying to impress him. He brings it up out of the blue, upon seeing the Endar Spire and comparing it to Hord's accomplishment.

I claimed that there's no reason for the writers to have him be wrong here, which you're ignoring. Khem isn't a real person, Beni, he's not actually going to be misremembering things cuz he doesn't have real memories. The writers have him tell you these things to provide exposition on Tulak Hord from someone who knew him directly. They never give you a specific reason to doubt what he's telling you. He's not shown to be wrong in anything he says.

Lol quote the full source material, that's referring to movie continuity vs. its EU depictions. Which correspond to established rules in canon. The TFU novel is an entirely inclusive source, and has no higher source it can contradict. None of these rules apply. erm

Oh ok I was confused by the term "every piece of published Star Wars fiction", I thought they actually said every piece but obviously I was mistaken. erm

Khem is doing what's called recognising Nox's abilities as being worthy of succeeding Hord's, its that simple, everything else you said is besides the point. It's not as if he'd say anything different if Hord were still around.

And no they don't, that's called the difference between a successor and a worthy one. thumb up

Finally the fact that Khem isn't a Sith doesn't mean he isn't an advocate of their beliefs, of course he is, he was a loyal servant to a Sith Lord and frequently marvels at the current Sith Empire's displays of power, he clearly gives a shit, and shares their ideals. And no Vitiate is not relevant for the reasons you stated, and considering Khem's initial hatred for Nox, I imagine he set the bar quite high.

Really you are trying some desperate mental gymnastics to invalidate this obvious fact, I thought you would embrace the Nox wank tbh. Obviously you don't have that much faith in Nox's powers. It's true, he's nowhere near Marek. smile

Uh, yes he would. You can't have it both ways. So you think Khem is so enamored by Hord that he imagines him being able to solo armies and rip capital ships out of the sky, but also he thinks that he's comparable to Nox, who can't do either of those things?

You're not an expert on what Khem considers worthy.

A servant doesn't follow their masters beliefs. Khem was loyal to Hord because he respected him as the first warrior who bested him, with Nox being the second. And obviously he respects power, but that doesn't mean that you need to be Hord levels of powerful to get his respect. Nox beat him and then jumped up in strength to exceedingly respectable levels.

If Khem thinks Nox is comparable to a Tulak Hord who solo's a thousand Jedi and tears capital ships out of the sky, then he very much is near Marek. And it's not in the latter's favor. smile You know, maybe I should concede so we can powerscale the rest of Swtor around that, whatcha think? Since Malgus TK'd Nox I'm thinking he can lift mountains. Obviously Vitiate is continent level. Godlander is planetary.

Syndicate
Oooh Neph is getting feisty. Go on Ell I want to see you rape him into submission. :3

Nephthys
Thanks.

Nephthys
Fixed:

The circumstances don't really have anything to do with Khem's reliability. Regardless, he says that Hord pulled it out of the sky. If it was already falling, obviously that wouldn't apply. And since he says he pulled it out of the sky, it clearly wasn't 5 feet off the ground.

Or maybe he's enamored by Hord because he see's him doing those kinds of crazy things. People have a stake in skewing things to win debates. Khem at this point doesn't respect Nox much, he* trying to impress him. He brings it up out of the blue, upon seeing the Endar Spire and comparing it to Hord's accomplishment.

*isn't.

The Ellimist
Neph has pretty much abandoned debating the thread subject so that he can nitpick at the most superfluous part of my case. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If I had to give an honest opinion here, it'd be a damn good fight.

Col. Valerian
And if you don't?

carthage
Marek SLAUGHTERHOUSE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.