Man kills sick wife because he couldn't afford her medication

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
So this isn't a huge story or anything like that. Nothing earth shattering. I'm just wondering what kind of punishment, if any, people think this guy should get?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/elderly-mom-killed-husband-who-couldn-t-afford-medication-cops-n575921

So this was an elderly guy in his 80's whose wife was sick and in pain. She had said in the past she wanted to die, but had apparently never specifically asked him to kill her. So when he became unable to afford her meds and didn't want to see her in pain he shot her.

What should happen?

It's xyz!

All joking aside, the guy should be monitored for a while.

Robtard
Sad, this is why assisted suicide for those still in full mental capacity should be legal

MS Warehouse
Tough case honestly

Flyattractor
If Only Obama's Death Camp Initiative was already in place.

It's xyz!
Thanks Obama! Originally posted by Flyattractor
If Only Obama's Death Camp Initiative was already in place.

riv6672
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Tough case honestly
Yeah, i'd have to look the guy in the eye to really even get an idea what should happen.

Personally i'd have stolen money for the meds, but thats just me.

ArtificialGlory
This is some Silent Hill 2 shit right there. It's difficult to judge the situation.

jaden101
To use right-wing logic

All life is precious...he should be executed.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by jaden101
To use right-wing logic

Not sure that's right wing logic as much as it is a stupid, nonsensical statement. You're nothing if not consistent.

Surtur
To use right-wing logic

I think if you take a life without just cause you should be executed. In this case..I feel for the guy and I think he did have just cause. At the very least I wouldn't call it murder, and I think you should execute murderers. This guy? I really wouldn't.

MS Warehouse
He'll probably get manslaughter..

It's xyz!
All life is precious....his circumstances should be considered before persecution. Originally posted by jaden101
To use right-wing logic

MS Warehouse
All innocent life is precious*

jaden101
Not sure that's right wing logic as much as it is a stupid, nonsensical statement. You're nothing if not consistent.

Who even are you?

Lord Lucien
Who even are you? https://i.imgflip.com/jtr2c.jpg

MS Warehouse
Who even are you?

Isn't it obvious?

http://pre05.deviantart.net/af05/th/pre/f/2014/152/a/9/i_m_batman__gmod__by_mrshlapa-d58fxw3.png

riv6672
Nice pic.

jaden101
Isn't it obvious?

http://pre05.deviantart.net/af05/th/pre/f/2014/152/a/9/i_m_batman__gmod__by_mrshlapa-d58fxw3.png

You're gonna spotted in the dark with that big white light on your chest.

riv6672
Its a deliberate target.

Flyattractor
To use right-wing logic

Yes. Life is Precious and thus when someone takes it away from someone they should lose their right to it.

Jaden gets it RIGHT for once.

riv6672
^^^Extenuating circumstances aside, its really just as simple as that. thumb up

Bardock42
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes. Life is Precious and thus when someone takes it away from someone they should lose their right to it.

Doesn't sound like you value life very highly.

jaden101

So executioners should be executed. And executioners executioners should be executed. And executioners executioners executioners should be executed?

It's xyz!
There is a difference between killing within the law, and killing outside of the law.

riv6672
Originally posted by Bardock42
Seems like you value your viewpoint to the exclusion of everything else.

Surtur
If you kill without just cause you need to be put down. You don't deserve mercy or to enjoy life or any of that. Even if the only way you enjoy life is via getting raped in prison and eating shitty prison food that is TOO GOOD for you.

I'd also either execute pedophiles or chemically castrate them before releasing them back into the world. That sounds harsh, but who cares? He is a pedo. He wasn't molesting a young child in self defense.

People have this weird thing where someone is "precious" by default, as if just their existence makes them special. It doesn't. You aren't special by default, you just aren't an evil dick by default. Some people love to believe we're all just super special little snowflakes.

Now people will say that the death penalty doesn't really deter a person from committing a crime, that might be true..but it's not about deterring people. Though if we put killers in "Saw" like situations maybe that would help? Though the plot twist is even if you "win" we still pump poisonous gas into the room at the end. In essence the murderers have to compete for the right to a painless death.

Originally posted by riv6672

laughing out loud

riv6672
Again, barring extenuating circumstances, yes, simple as that.

This.
My post to Bardock wasnt (just) a dig.
His opinion(s) is pretty well known. He seems set on it to the point where discussion isnt even a possibility.
I get it, i have opinions like that (and in voicing them i realize i put myself in people's crosshairs) but, if people mess with me on it, i take it in stride. Hope he does too.

Bardock42
I don't actually have a problem with people who are pro-death penalty. I am personally not. What I was poking fun at, and what is ridiculous, is people that are for the death penalty that pretend that that is the stance that values life more. That's just absurd at the face of it. And generally most reasonable people who are for the death penalty do not claim to be for it because they value life so much.

It's xyz!
Preach!Originally posted by riv6672

I don't actually have a problem with people who are pro-death penalty. I am personally not. What I was poking fun at, and what is ridiculous, is people that are for the death penalty that pretend that that is the stance that values life more. That's just absurd at the face of it. And generally most reasonable people who are for the death penalty do not claim to be for it because they value life so much. it's not about people who are pro death penalty, it's this pre conceived notion that's people who kill are still to be treated innocent despite their actions.

Life is sacred, but once that life acts unaccordingly, actions should be taken.

I don't know what "reasonable" people you speak of, but it sounds like you live in a bubble.

It's xyz!
Meant to post this as ...

Preach!Originally posted by Surtur
If you kill without just cause you need to be put down. You don't deserve mercy or to enjoy life or any of that. Even if the only way you enjoy life is via getting raped in prison and eating shitty prison food that is TOO GOOD for you.

I'd also either execute pedophiles or chemically castrate them before releasing them back into the world. That sounds harsh, but who cares? He is a pedo. He wasn't molesting a young child in self defense.

People have this weird thing where someone is "precious" by default, as if just their existence makes them special. It doesn't. You aren't special by default, you just aren't an evil dick by default. Some people love to believe we're all just super special little snowflakes.

Now people will say that the death penalty doesn't really deter a person from committing a crime, that might be true..but it's not about deterring people. Though if we put killers in "Saw" like situations maybe that would help? Though the plot twist is even if you "win" we still pump poisonous gas into the room at the end. In essence the murderers have to compete for the right to a painless death.

laughing out loud

Surtur
I don't actually have a problem with people who are pro-death penalty. I am personally not. What I was poking fun at, and what is ridiculous, is people that are for the death penalty that pretend that that is the stance that values life more. That's just absurd at the face of it. And generally most reasonable people who are for the death penalty do not claim to be for it because they value life so much.

What reason do you think the average person is pro death penalty then? Just because they get off on killers being put down or what?

If someone didn't value life a lot then why would they demand the ultimate punishment when life is taken without reason? Valuing life doesn't mean you just automatically value everyone's life the same. You can value life in general, and the lives of those deserving of it.

Bardock42
Sure, you can value life in general. You just can't reasonably claim that you value life more than the people that think it should be preserved even in the face of wrong doing.

Surtur
Sure, you can value life in general. You just can't reasonably claim that you value life more than the people that think it should be preserved even in the face of wrong doing.

I agree, but who made that claim?

It's xyz!
German humour is boring. Originally posted by Bardock42

Bardock42
Originally posted by Surtur
I agree, but who made that claim?

I'm glad we agree then.

It's xyz!
Ignoring me is a sure way to admit I'm right, barcuck.

Flyattractor
Hey. It is Obama that doesn't want to waste meds on Old People. Look to your own side before casting that stone Liberal.

So executioners should be executed. And executioners executioners should be executed. And executioners executioners executioners should be executed?

Right after we kill off all the Abortion Doctors.

It's xyz!
Look, I'm not an advocate for the death penalty but I have grown out of these arguments that equate state killing to murder.

It's not that the death penalty is murder, it's that murderers should understand the problems with killing.

Educated middle class white liberals understand why killing is wrong, people below that cushy level, however, do not.

Inb4 bernfags telling me I don't know what poor is.

Astner
Isn't the Death Penalty carried out in the name of the citizens of the state? Because if that's the case then you're encouraging the mass genocide of all United States citizens of legal age.

riv6672
^^^nice one.

Missed this. Suuuch a dumb statement.

jaden101
^^^nice one.

Probably best not to call other people dumb when the point flew about a million miles over your head.

jaden101
Originally posted by It's xyz!

Educated middle class white liberals understand why killing is wrong, people below that cushy level, however, do not.

Wow...That's a special comment, that one.

riv6672
Probably best not to call other people dumb when the point flew about a million miles over your head.
Probably better to learn the difference between calling a person's statement dumb, as opposed to the person himself.

You dummy.

jaden101
Probably better to learn the difference between calling a person's statement dumb, as opposed to the person himself.

You dummy.

Come back when you get it.

Surtur
I see you f*ckers are part of a conspiracy. I know what you mean by throwing around the word dumb. DEEP UNDERGROUND MILITARY BASE.

I'm watching all of you.

riv6672
^^^even the dummy?

It's xyz!
As an educated middle class white liberal, you probably know all the reasons why killing is wrong.

People below you, do not. Originally posted by jaden101

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Astner
Isn't the Death Penalty carried out in the name of the citizens of the state? Because if that's the case then you're encouraging the mass genocide of all United States citizens of legal age.

That is just a big fib spread by the Liberal Media. The GUMMINT don't let the Little People have any say in things any more.

Cause BLAME OBAMA!!!!!!!

It's xyz!
If death penalty means taxes, then all amicans pay to wipe us out!

Think about that.

Flyattractor
Yes, but it also goes towards abortions, and giving welfare money to Drug Addicts, and paying for Bill Clintons blow jobs.

So Taxes are a big Lose Lose no matter how you look at it.

It's xyz!
First Lady bill needs more blowjobs while he runs the economy.

riv6672
I wish you had your own radio show!

It's xyz!
So much for that ignore list, eh riv?

Time-Immemorial

^^^nice one.

laughing out loud

He makes a lot of them

You dummy.

He is another one of those idb's that thinks he's always right. When really he is just as you say, a dummy.

Flyattractor
I wish you had your own radio show!

You are just imagining the actual fun of being able to Literally TURN HIM OFF! aint ya Riv!?

Time-Immemorial

You dummy.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.