Star Trek: Discovery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Not much to go on, but hype train is starting to build up speed...

xXpPweAooeE

Omega Vision
Excited for this. Interested how they'll use the anthology structure.

-Pr-
Same. I am curious though, if it will take place in the prime universe or not. I had assumed it would, and I hope to see some DS9 era stuff, but I'm not going to hope for too much.

I do like the idea of switching crews every season.

Darth Truculent
I'm a Star Wars mega fan, but I do watch Trek too. My opinion is the ship reminds me of a snow cone. Not much interested. Best series in the Trek is a toss up between Voyager and DS9.

Darth Thor
Well we know now it's in the Prime Universe but set just a few years before Kirk & Co set off on the Enterprise.

Thoughts?

Because it's in the Prime Universe I'm still hoping for some time traveling giving us Next Gen/DS9 connections.

-Pr-
Hopefully. I'm not a fan of the time period or using "Number One" as the main character, but I'll give it a fair shake and see what happens.

Darth Thor
I actually think No.1 being the main character might be interesting. Certainly different. Is it confirmed its the First Officer whose the main character? I thought it wa just confirmed it will be someone whose not the Captain.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of going backwards, and would prefer something in the Next Gen time period post Nemesis, but I guess they want to capitalise on that Original series nostalgia like they're doing in the movies.

-Pr-
We don't even know if she's the first officer on the ship; all we know is that it's the same lady from The Cage.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
We don't even know if she's the first officer on the ship; all we know is that it's the same lady from The Cage.

Oh it's her? That's interesting. But then we already know she ends up just fine Lol

-Pr-
So Brian Fuller has dropped out and is no longer the showrunner for Discovery. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...

Walter Blakesle
NEW STAR TREK SERIES I think it's bad judgement to make this new series available only to CBS All Access customers, and other pay. There are quite a few "pay-per-view" platforms available, today, that the new Start Trek series could and would do extraordinarily well, and make just as much, if not more than the CBS "CBS ALL ACCESS"

-Pr-
New Trailer:

f8mesUEFjas

-Pr-
New trailer:

https://streamable.com/drqpi

Surtur
Seems very eh to me. Like when you walk by a painting you think looks kinda neat and then never give it a second thought.

I think they kinda need to decide if they wanna focus on TV or Movies. I'd prefer TV.

-Pr-
So I just watched the first two... And the first impression is NOT good.

As just a sci-fi show, it's all right. It's entertaining enough, with nice effects and make-up.

As Star Trek, though? It's not good. It's not good at all. It feels like it was written by someone that watched a handful of episodes and then browsed memory alpha for a couple of hours.

I honestly don't think i've seen a soft reboot of a property have such massive wholesale changes made to it. I can understand wanting to modernise it, to make it suitable modern audience. That's fine. You don't have to retcon a whole ton of stuff to do that, though.

roughrider
I thought this new series was set in the new timeline created by the arrival of Nero in the 2009 reboot(aka The Kelvin timeline), as it's just ten years before Kirk's first mission. Which is why all the tech looks better - more like the new movies. But now it seems this is separate from the new timeline? Why?

-Pr-
Originally posted by roughrider
I thought this new series was set in the new timeline created by the arrival of Nero in the 2009 reboot(aka The Kelvin timeline), as it's just ten years before Kirk's first mission. Which is why all the tech looks better - more like the new movies. But now it seems this is separate from the new timeline? Why?

They don't have the rights to it.

And, they originally claimed it would be set in the prime universe, but that's a bit of a stretch now.

Sable
This show is an abysmal failure

Nibedicus

emporerpants
What happened in ep. 7?

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by Sable
This show is an abysmal failure

Gets a second season.

BUT NOT FIREFLY!!

https://78.media.tumblr.com/e57342f98d8221ee54281206bca801a6/tumblr_omtcahHiWZ1r0yy15o1_1280.gif

zeel
SJW propaganda bullshit.

Almost as bad as supergirl.......... and supergirl is tanking again.

Darth Thor
Not sure what all the complaining is about. I really enjoyed the first season. Sure started off a bit slow, and not every episode was perfect (not that thats something unusual for a Trek series).

But I definitely prefer this to the films right now, and glad Trek is back on Tv, with updated effects.

Robtard
Have to agree, the first two eps were pure shit, but then it improved and kept improving with a few dips along the way. Not sure what "SJW" bullshit happened? Seem like a strong female lead just sets off certain types. Incel types.

Definitely is better than the last ST film, that 3rd part was shit.

Darth Thor
Nominated for 5 Saturn Awards, and Jason Isaacs wins Empire award for best actor:

http://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/2018/03/19/star-trek-discovery-jason-isaacs-empire-awards/

Badabing
The second season is much better than the first, imo. Just watched the latest episode and they have a crewman rolling down the corridors in a wheelchair. Seriously, a freakin wheelchair. facepalm

steverules_2
Originally posted by Badabing
The second season is much better than the first, imo. Just watched the latest episode and they have a crewman rolling down the corridors in a wheelchair. Seriously, a freakin wheelchair. facepalm

https://i.postimg.cc/sDyJ9W0p/BADASEX.jpg

Badabing
Ban him Pr. Ban the hell out of him! sneer

Then delete his sig. biscuits

-Pr-
I'll never ban someone for telling the truth, no matter how much it might have hurt... You.

Badabing
I hate you as much as seeing a guy in a wheelchair on Star Trek.

Badabing
Discovery is so bad. Fight me if you disagree. sneer

rudester
I haven't gotten a chance to watch it in its entirety. I still can't believe they killed Icheb, kinda a bitter irony because he was meant to die in the series.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
I hate you as much as seeing a guy in a wheelchair on Star Trek.

laughing out loud Wow.

Originally posted by rudester
I haven't gotten a chance to watch it in its entirety. I still can't believe they killed Icheb, kinda a bitter irony because he was meant to die in the series.

They disliked the actor, so they stuck it to him the only way they knew how: The petty way.

Yzptlk
laughing out loud Wow.

They disliked the actor, so they stuck it to him the only way they knew how: The petty way. They never taught you calculus like I know it.

Yzptlk
But that's a trade secret, mainly because of what it can be used for. You can actually show a chimp how to fire a gun. That's why knowledge shouldn't be shared like a "lady" in the 20 year old mother's control group

BruceSkywalker
i have a love/hate relationship with this

1st 2 seasons wee shit

3rd and 4th seasons were massive improvements

5th season airs sometime next year but my guess is march or april

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.