The Matrix Reloaded: The IMAX Experience

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Katiedid25
Hey! Has anyone heard about this? There is a new IMAX film of "The Matrix Reloaded". It comes out in June, and is only in select cities. It should be cool to see, if it is in your city!

Tevesh
yep june 6th...i'm gonna go see it when my friend in the air force academy comes in town for the summer...she REALLY wants to go see the movie.

Augeybana
Does it make a differance.

maul's woman
I am looking forward to see this in IMAX. big grin They made that announcement here a week before RELOADED opened.

LOTR is also going to be in IMAX I believe.

But RELOADED in IMAX? YAAAAHOOOOEEEE!!! big grin

I really enjoyed seeing AOTC in IMAX format. I felt like I was actually inside the battle scenes. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Augeybana
Does it look better then normal theaters what's the differance.

Tevesh
well, the screen is like REALLY alot bigger, and the sound is REALLY a lot cooler! When i went to go see AOTC on IMAX, I could feel the lightsaber swingning because of the bass from the huge speakers. and Yoda was the size of a 2 story building. it was cool.

Augeybana
Cool got to see then.

Dexx
imax version?..*drulls* too bad i don't have imax theaters round here. Have to wait till the summer

Augeybana
I always wonder what that was when I past an Imax theater all the time.I must be an idiot.

GordonSkywalker
I heard they were going to do this.

Augeybana
Yeah after hearing what it can do hope it's a great expirence.

GordonSkywalker
I understand it is relatively new technology.

Augeybana
Do they only put action movies in Imax theaters.

jimbo3
They mainly have documentories.
Having films not initially intended for IMAX is new. With a new convertion technology for the different film types. Imax uses 70mm film, while normal films are 35mm. Thats just of the top of my head, so I could be wrong.
IMAX in Sydney still doesn't get the Matrix. Didn't get Star Wars either.

Omegaman
The screen is half the size of a football field!!! Other movies that have been on it... Apollo 13 and Star Wars : Attack of the CLones.

LOTR: 2 Towers is coming to it also!

GordonSkywalker
I don't like Matrix anyway so it isn't any great big thing to me.

Augeybana
Really??

Captain REX
I've only seen some science films in Imax. Oh, a a thing at Disneyland...

*slumps over...*

But I also saw Fantasia 2000. Now THAT was cool. smile

Tex
I saw AOTC on IMAX, it was an amazing experience. I think shortly many movies will be shown this way.

Im lucky seeing as I have a IMAX theater just 5 minutes from my house, you bet your ass I'm going to see it. I really didn't enjoy Reloaded, but if theres a movie made for IMAX, its this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.