The Phoenix vs. Future Sentinels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
The Phoenix is present at the final future battle in Days of Future Past.

How many Sentinels could she take down?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The Phoenix is present at the final future battle in Days of Future Past.

How many Sentinels could she take down?

Dark Phoenix is one of the very few characters that I think is too much for them...

I think they could eventually kill her if a great enough number of them were present...

Many would have to be sacrificed so that the others could analyze her and adapt to her power...

If you are looking for a raw number of Future Sentinels needed to put her down, then all I could do is speculate, but I would guess hundreds...

Maybe even thousands judging by how powerful she was when she was lifting the ocean into the air and simutaneously destroying things on the island....

KingD19
Sentinels can't adapt to esoteric powers. They never once adapted to Storm or Magneto or Blink. They can't adapt to a disintegration wave.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KingD19
Sentinels can't adapt to esoteric powers. They never once adapted to Storm or Magneto or Blink. They can't adapt to a disintegration wave.

Speculation...

They had largely elimnated the worlds mutant population at the time of DoFP...this is a fact.

I think its safe to bet that they'd dealt with many exotic powers during that time; now while this is speculation as well, its speculation based on the above empirical data...

You, on the other hand, have no evidence that they cant adapt to exotic powers...

Storm never attacked them directly; she used winds to slam the Sentinels transport carriers against mountains and used her lighting powers to blow up their jets energy core...

The Sentinels were composed of space age alloys that were non-magnetic, and so were immune to Magneto's power, thus there was never a need to adapt against him...

The Ellimist
Then she could just attack then Storm style.

TheLordofMurder
Then she could just attack then Storm style.

They fight in character during Forum Fights and indirectly attacking is not what Dark Pheonix does; she attacks...attacks dierctly...and uses that power to tear her targets apart.

The Sentinels would definitely have the opportunity to sample her power and adapt to it (assumming that enough were present to be sacrificed so that the others could analyze her)...

Arachnid1
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Speculation...

They had largely elimnated the worlds mutant population at the time of DoFP...this is a fact.

I think its safe to bet that they'd dealt with many exotic powers during that time; now while this is speculation as well, its speculation based on the above empirical data...

You, on the other hand, have no evidence that they cant adapt to exotic powers... Not a good argument at all. They have no feats doing so. You cant just claim they can because. It needs to be explicitly shown. Especially since they themselves were never shown using such powers, so there is no evidence they ever encountered or absorbed it.

They are AIs so certain powers should be above them. For example, if they had Xavier powers, I doubt they'd be able to mind control people.

Phoenix disintegrates them.

The Ellimist
There's no reason why she couldn't adapt to unforeseen circumstances. That's not out of her character, that's the fundamental trait of having a general intelligence which makes human cognition difficult to replicate, lol.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Not a good argument at all. They have no feats doing so. You cant just claim they can because. It needs to be explicitly shown. Especially since they themselves were never shown using such powers, so there is no evidence they ever absorbed it.

They are AIs so certain powers should be above them. For example, if they had Xavier powers, I doubt they'd be able to mind control people.

Phoenix disintegrates them.

Well we know that they can adapt to mutant powers (and Xavier specifically says they can adapt to any mutant power) , and DP is a mutant, so I think the logical conclusion is that they can adapt to her power (based on what the story presented to us)...

And of course she can destroy them; thats not the question here...

The question is how many could she take out...

I believe you are gonna need hundreds, if not thousands, of Future Sentinels to defeat her...

TheLordofMurder
There's no reason why she couldn't adapt to unforeseen circumstances. That's not out of her character, that's the fundamental trait of having a general intelligence which makes human cognition difficult to replicate, lol.

I think you need to re-read the forum rules as pertains forum fights...

She'll fight as she did in the movie (which is in character)...

What you are proposing is no different than those who try and argue that Thor would beat the Hulk by flying high into the sky and just endlessly ranging him...yes, theorectically it would work, but its not in his character.

This situation is no different...

The Ellimist
Alright, then Jean obviously wins, because we never get a scene where the Sentinels fight her, and according to you, we can't make reasonable predictions of events we haven't directly seen. GG

TheLordofMurder
Alright, then Jean obviously wins, because we never get a scene where the Sentinels fight her, and according to you, we can't make reasonable predictions of events we haven't directly seen. GG

??

Ok, its obvious you are a troll and now are moving the goal posts in a thread you yourself made...

You asked the question in the OP of how many Sentinels could she take out; my answer was hundreds and maybe even thousands...

I guess that answer isnt good enough for you; what, you want to believe that she could take out an infinite amount while sitting on the toilet taking a dump?

I formulated my opinion based on what the movie presented to us, but if thats not good enough for you, you can troll someone else as I have no time for willful ignorance...

The Ellimist
EDIT: ninja'd, let's respond then

To put it more clearly, the Phoenix attacking people "directly" isn't some sort of nature of her character, it just happens to be the most efficient tactic given the circumstances she's usually in (.ie people who cannot adapt to her attacks). If things change, there's no reason why she cannot just hurl wind at them or whatever - if you don't allow some ability to generalize and extrapolate, then these debates become impossible because we've never seen sentinels attack a specific character named Phoenix.

KingD19
Well if she fights in character, there will be a continuous disintegration field that will destroy them by the score.

The Ellimist
Ok, time to own you.

Ok, its obvious you are a troll and now are moving the goal posts in a thread you yourself made...

Goalposts? Please, clearly define what my initial standards were, what my final standards are, and how they changed. "Shifting goalposts" has literally nothing to do with the argument I was making.

No, I'm pointing out a flaw in one of your arguments. Are you seriously telling me that I can't disagree with anything you said because you gave me an answer and I should just be happy with that? Do you understand how debating even works?

ROFLAMO! So I'm not allowed to debate with your opinion? What kind of pretentious/brain-dead ignoramus are you, exactly? But hang on a second, isn't this exactly what you did just earlier:

Speculation...

You, on the other hand, have no evidence that they cant adapt to exotic powers...

Storm never attacked them directly; she used winds to slam the Sentinels transport carriers against mountains and used her lighting powers to blow up their jets energy core...

The Sentinels were composed of space age alloys that were non-magnetic, and so were immune to Magneto's power, thus there was never a need to adapt against him...

Huh...it's almost like you tried to argue with someone's OPINION, which according to you, makes you a troll.

OK, you're clearly out of your depth here. Please go back to some other forum where there's a rule against debating with people about the subject matter. thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19

thumb up

@ LOM it's not speculation.

You are really going off the deep end with your Sentile.

Prove where it shows Sentiles can adapt to esoteric powers because they have shown no ability to do so and where around plent of Mutants who had them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Not a good argument at all. They have no feats doing so. You cant just claim they can because. It needs to be explicitly shown. Especially since they themselves were never shown using such powers, so there is no evidence they ever encountered or absorbed it.

Phoenix disintegrates them. thumb up

Utrigita
Phoenix rips them apart. I have never seen the sentinels adapt to a telekinetic assault, and their way of countering bishop was overloading him, not countering his ability by drawing out the energy. They never figured out how to counter blink, they overwhelmed her, same goes for kitty and her time travel thingy. The sentinels prefered way of dealing with powerful mutants was overwhelming them, and I frankly doesn't see that happen against Phoenix.

quanchi112
Phoenix decimates these weaklings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.