Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Syndicate
Krayt.
Depends.
Krayt.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Syndicate
Sabers-Krayt.
Force-Depends.

Lolwut?

Nephthys
Krayt sweeps.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Anakin
2. Krayt
3. Toss up smile

Selenial
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
3. Toss up smile

confused

Syndicate
Lel. xD

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anakin ~ Yoda. smile

carthage
Probably Krayt

Jmanghan
1. Zonakin
2. Krayt
3. Toss up smile

I fixed it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Because Zonakin has ever been a thing.

The Ellimist
Peak performance Anakin sweeps.

Jmanghan
Because Zonakin has ever been a thing.

- Demolishes Dooku in under a minute.

- Is only able to keep up with Obi-Wan.

Also, guess Mortakin wasn't a thing either.

Anakin was never able to replicate his feats against Dooku in any other instance.

NewGuy01
Mortakin is only a thing on Mortis, applying the concept to a fight that happened in a neutral arena is cancer.

Absolutely a close fight IMO.

cs_zoltan
Yeah because shit like oneness and rage amp never happens roll eyes (sarcastic)

NewGuy01
Oneness doesn't happen nearly as often as you people think it does. Hell, it's only really happened once, arguably twice.

And it doesn't take a lot at all to throw Anakin into a temper tantrum, really.

Nephthys
I'm guessing Ganner Rhysode aaaaaaand Kanan whooping Maul, how'd I do?

NewGuy01
Totally nailed it. Spot on.

Nephthys
yesssssssssssss!

cs_zoltan
>Says oneness doesn't happen often
>Claims it's easy to piss off Anakin
>Anakin only ever got into the zone once

kek

NewGuy01
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
>Says oneness doesn't happen often
>Claims it's easy to piss off Anakin
>Anakin only ever got into the zone once

Do you even greentext? These things are almost entirely unrelated. 0/10 fail.

1. Oneness doesn't happen often. Jacen achieved it in The Unifying Force, and Anakin probably achieved it on Mortis as well. Assuming that Force Users are achieving an un-replicitable state of oneness with the Force whenever they overperform is some serious autism, anyways.

2. It is easy to piss off Anakin. He's like Bruce Banner in the Avengers, man; always angry. smile

3. We've only really seen Anakin at his peak in the timeline in 3 sources that I know of; the TCW Miniseries, Laybrinth of Evil, and Revenge of the Sith. And we've certainly seen him wreck shit more than once among those stories.

cs_zoltan
Your whole argument is a fail. Zonakin is a thing...

AncientPower
Kek, he doesn't enter oneness, he uses the rage inside him that he typically keeps at arms length. It's within his normal power, he just doesn't fully embrace it until he becomes Darth Vader where he uses it beyond his control and that leads to his poor judgement and internal conflict.

Read the Strover trilogy already.

cs_zoltan
No one said it was oneness...

The Ellimist
The only things that matter are:

1. Can Anakin harness this power at will?
2. Would Anakin harness this power?

I think the answer to the former is clearly "yes", but I'm not sure about the latter. We do know that Anakin is considered to be arguably the most powerful Jedi alive, or even of all time, so he's definitely Yoda-tier in those regards even when he's not super saiyan (if that's even a thing). If Krayt wins, it won't be from raw power.

NewGuy01
thumb up

It's definitely a question of would, yeah. But isn't it assumed that fighters won't hold anything back in these kinds of VS threads anyway?

Either way it's fine, because Anakin was already already better than Dooku even when he was stifling his fury; he's easily a first rate Jedi who can beat a Sith Lord one on one. cool

Syndicate
It's assumed morales on I believe NG.

Also we can see in the RotS novel that Dooku's failed Dun Moch only makes the situation even more slanted in Anakin's favor but Anakin visibly begins to try to control his rage which allows Dooku to recover somewhat. Anakin doesn't actively draw on it because he's still trying to be a good Jedi. We see then he unleashes when Sidious stokes Anakin's rage and then Dooku gets shat on.

Morales on RotS Anakin ( which I assume to mean before his fall to the Dark Side ) would not actively draw on it imo.

NewGuy01
It isn't a matter of actively drawing on it as much as "failing to stifle it". And RotS isn't the only instance of his happening; we see in Laybrinth of Evil he also fails to control his rage, and causes that massive dome to cave in.

Building on this idea, another thing we know from the text is that Anakin from the start was already giving in more and more to his rage as the duel progressed; it's even stated that he was burning through the firewalls of his training until Dooku's Dun Moch made him doubt himself.

I think Dooku's Dun Moch very effectively caused him to backtrack, until Palpatine unexpectedly took advantage of the situation.

Syndicate
Yiz vury tru. But dis only be when his rage out of cnut roll.

Yiz, yiz. Dis be tru 2. I tink doe dat be cus he fightin da dookie radder den sum unknown darksidah.

Yiz yiz vury tru.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Syndicate
Yiz vury tru. But dis only be when his rage out of cnut roll.

Yiz, yiz. Dis be tru 2. I tink doe dat be cus he fightin da dookie radder den sum unknown darksidah.

Yiz yiz vury tru.

He doesn't speak english dude.

Don't be a ****.

The Ellimist
Even "regular" Anakin was making Dooku's arms weak.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Except the thing is, the quotes regarding Anakin from Lucas/Gillard/whoever about being the most powerful jedi/yoda tier duelist weren't in the context of particular circumstances, they simply were. Hell, Gillard's quote makes it seem as if it's a common sense fact that Anakin is the most powerful jedi ever.

So yeah, I could see Anakin overwhelming and cutting down Krayt. That said, Krayt's force versatility, DT, and own mastery of the blade make this a difficult call for me, tbh.

TheNuisanceBird
1 Anakin

2. Krayt

3. Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.