Thor with batman level h2h vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
no speed who wins

DarkSaint85
So equalised speed, Thor's mindset, Bruce's h2h skill, and Thor's stats?

Thor wins.

TethAdamTheRock
Yes

Surtur
I think it really depends on just how much stronger physically then Thor you think Superman is.

TethAdamTheRock
based on the cross over 10%

TethAdamTheRock
this is like an Olympic bench presser vs Bruce lee, Bruce Lee still stomps even being far weaker and 110 pounds vs a 250/260 pound bodybuilder

Surtur
I don't trust cross overs.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur
I think it really depends on just how much stronger physically then Thor you think Superman is.

He's not stronger at all

Decter
Thor wins

Cogito
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He's not stronger at all

Well, except that his best strength feats shit all over Thor.

But Thor should win this stacked fight.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Cogito

Naw not really but agree to disagree

DarkOdin
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So equalised speed, Thor's mindset, Bruce's h2h skill, and Thor's stats?

Thor wins. well according to some people if we never seen Thor use Batman level h2h it us an auto lose for Thor

Blue Area Vet

Except they don't.

Cogito
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Except they don't.

Go ahead and prove it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He's not stronger at all
Even Rage accepts that Superman is stronger.

srsly

riv6672
Thor FTW.

Without the usual speed argument, i see the derailment is strength differential?
Not unexpected, but the actual answer to the actual OP question is Thor FTW.

Decter
Except they don't.

But they do......

carver9
Split

Blue Area Vet
Go ahead and prove it.

You go ahead and prove it since you made the claim.

SquallX
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
no speed who wins

You're kidding right?

A human that's been doing martial arts for a few years is a better fighter than a God that's been fighting in wars for at least a better part of a few hundred years?

The level of wank peek humans the likes of Batman and those of peers receive is too ****ing retarted.

At end of the day, Bruce's Martial arts is a downgrade to Thor, not an upgrade.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SquallX
You're kidding right?

A human that's been doing martial arts for a few years is a better fighter than a God that's been fighting in wars for at least a better part of a few hundred years?

The level of wank peek humans the likes of Batman and those of peers receive is too ****ing retarted.

baka

SquallX
Originally posted by abhilegend
baka

Please, pray tell Bruce's h2h that far surpasses Thor's own fighting style and experience?

Thor has even fought Hercules to a stand still a few times. A Hercules that I would put far ahead of Bruce when it comes to fighting.

I see Bruce more as an MMA fighter with plenty of fights and skills under his belt, where as Thor is a highly decorated soldier that has fought in the thoughest of wars. He's travel through Hell and back, and each time he returns from that precipice, he only gro stronger.

abhilegend
When you can read actual comics, let me know.

"Thor is thousands of years old. Hercules is too. They are more skilled than ****ing Batman because I say so. "

By that sense they are more skilled than Karate Kid too.

facepalm

deathslash
Please, pray tell Bruce's h2h that far surpasses Thor's own fighting style and experience?

Thor has even fought Hercules to a stand still a few times. A Hercules that I would put far ahead of Bruce when it comes to fighting.

I see Bruce more as an MMA fighter with plenty of fights and skills under his belt, where as Thor is a highly decorated soldier that has fought in the thoughest of wars. He's travel through Hell and back, and each time he returns from that precipice, he only gro stronger. incorrect. Being trained in the ways of war, weapon based combat, and h2h isn't on the level of batman. Bruce is so good that he can easily throw down with characters that are leagues out of his weight class. Thor is a skilled h2h combatant, nobody (except maybe abhi) is going to dispute that, but he isn't on batman's level. Also, Thor has never really demonstrated a high level of skill as far as martial arts goes. Sure, he has the occasional showing where he wrestles his opponent to the ground or counters their attacks, but we never really see him go for arm locks, pressure points, etc.

Also, do you really wanna play the whole "he's older and therefore better" game? If that sort of statement were true, ra's al ghul would never lose to Bruce because he has about 600+ years of experience over him. We know for a fact that batman has mastered every martial art style on earth, meanwhile, the best we can say about Thor is that he's pretty good with his fists and occasionally utilizes wrestling.

Also, if I were to go murder a mountain lion, grizzly bear, and a great white shark with a knife, does that now mean that I'm far more skilled in knife fighting than I was when before I killed those creatures? Not necessarily. Fighting demons and gods means that he has more experience in h2h not necessarily more skill. Until it's stated that Thor has a working knowledge of every martial art style in the world, he doesn't have more skill than bruce. Anyway, Thor still murders Clark in this fight.

riv6672
This is something i've believed for years, myself, up to and including the abhi part. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Batman hasn't wasted years by brawling and depending on demigod stats like Thor or Herc. Sure, they're good fighters... but Batman is an excellent one.

Natural talent, insane skill, fair share of experience -- his experience matters, because 99.9% of the time he has no enhancements of any kind and often has to face superhuman enemies -- being trained by top tier MAs like Richard Dragon and Shiva (if we're talking about pre-nu Batman, that is).

Cogito
You go ahead and prove it since you made the claim.

It's already been proven a million times. But let's start simple. Show me something Thor has done that's greater than benching the Earth for days on end.

StiltmanFTW

laughing

Get your head examined, Squallossus. Seriously. Wtf was that?

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Batman hasn't wasted years by brawling and depending on demigod stats like Thor or Herc. Sure, they're good fighters... but Batman is an excellent one.

Natural talent, insane skill, fair share of experience -- his experience matters, because 99.9% of the time he has no enhancements of any kind and often has to face superhuman enemies -- being trained by top tier MAs like Richard Dragon and Shiva (if we're talking about pre-nu Batman, that is).
While i wouldnt (and dont) call a billion dollar batsuit and utility belt "no enhancements" your point's still valid.

SquallX
The only reason, people like Thor are never demonstrating great MA skills is because there useless to him.

That doesn't mean that Bruce is far above him in h2h.

DarkSaint85
Being the strongest, toughest member of a race that's stronger and tougher than any others (bar Frost Giants) kinda means your need for skill is lessened.

On top of that, he also has one of the most haxx weapons in comicdom, so h2h skill is hardly needed (yes, I know he didn't always have Mjolnir, but he's used weapons for a lot of his life).

On top of that, its not exactly linear. There are only so many different ways you can punch, or get punched. Not sure how 100 years means less than 1000, or 10,000. Unless someone can prove that there is indeed, no limits to one's skills??

D-Block
Thor beats the hell out of Superman with these stips

Stoic
Too close to call for me. If this was Batman with Thor's physical stats and abilities, I'd give him a decent majority, but it's Thor's mind set with Batman's fighting skills. There is a difference. Would Thor dodge like Bruce would, etc? Probably not.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

This was actually said in a comic by Wolverine about Daredevil.

deathslash
Originally posted by Stoic
Too close to call for me. If this was Batman with Thor's physical stats and abilities, I'd give him a decent majority, but it's Thor's mind set with Batman's fighting skills. There is a difference. Would Thor dodge like Bruce would, etc? Probably not. true. But he'd see Clark telegraphing his punches and have a more than ample amount of time to block or counter attack. Let's be honest here, Thor holds back a lot less than most super heroes. With batman's level of h2h knowledge, he'd only be more brutal than ever. Imagine him breaking clark's arm, nose, and kneecap all while Clark is still drawing up that first punch.

Their stats are already close enough to be a competitive fight; with their speed equalized, Thor's far superior pain tolerance, his warrior mindset, and batman's knowledge of the body and how to exploit all of its weaknesses, superman shouldn't be able to take even one win.

Stoic
Originally posted by deathslash
true. But he'd see Clark telegraphing his punches and have a more than ample amount of time to block or counter attack. Let's be honest here, Thor holds back a lot less than most super heroes. With batman's level of h2h knowledge, he'd only be more brutal than ever. Imagine him breaking clark's arm, nose, and kneecap all while Clark is still drawing up that first punch.

Their stats are already close enough to be a competitive fight; with their speed equalized, Thor's far superior pain tolerance, his warrior mindset, and batman's knowledge of the body and how to exploit all of its weaknesses, superman shouldn't be able to take even one win.

The only reason that I can see to go against your argument is that Superman without super stats has beaten a seasoned MA. This calls into question, just how skilled is Superman on his own? This is why I said that it was too close for me to call.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9

What was said?

DarkSaint85
The only reason that I can see to go against your argument is that Superman without super stats has beaten a seasoned MA. This calls into question, just how skilled is Superman on his own? This is why I said that it was too close for me to call.

Less skilled than Bruce, to be sure.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkOdin
well according to some people if we never seen Thor use Batman level h2h it us an auto lose for Thor

He is being given a specific skillset from another character, so we wouldn't have to see Thor do anything.

Though one problem I do have with characters like Thor is people think being old automatically equates to some awesome fighting skill. So Thor is a warrior and thousands of years old and thus should be super skilled. Which no, being alive for a long time in itself isn't an actual feat, it means nothing. You get the skills you show.

But I digress, in this situation any skills Batman has shown Thor now has. Which means he isn't just a skilled h2h combatant, but he exudes an aura that automatically makes everyone nearby less intelligent and less powerful then they'd normally be. With Batman's skill and his jobber aura..if Superman gets close to Thor then he'll just be reduced to the skill of a paraplegic 12 yr. old girl.

Ha just kidding, Superman can break reality by punching, skill is irrelevant against him.

deathslash
The only reason that I can see to go against your argument is that Superman without super stats has beaten a seasoned MA. This calls into question, just how skilled is Superman on his own? This is why I said that it was too close for me to call. and did this seasoned martial artist have the level of skill that batman has displayed? Or the downright retarded level of pain tolerance that Thor shows on an average basis?

StiltmanFTW
Different words, but same meaning, yes. Enemy of the State.

Surtur
and did this seasoned martial artist have the level of skill that batman has displayed? Or the downright retarded level of pain tolerance that Thor shows on an average basis?

We don't say retard anymore, it's not politically correct. We say his level of pain tolerance is mentally challenged.

I should fine you a million dollars for this, but I will let you off with a strict warning and a fine of only 100k.

celeyhyga17
In comic book logic, a skilled street or near street leveller trumps herald level characters fighting skill more often than not. That's just the way it is. It's PISsy, but it isn't. This is even more so for characters like Bruce considered to be masters in forms of "martial arts". Again, it's just the way it is. It's like one of those rules or formulas in comics that is the norm not unlike the "fodder principle".

ghostman
thor can barely make use of his own knowledge and skills, what makes you think he wont job like 99 percent of the other times?

abhilegend

Their status aren't close at all. If Superman goes all out he kills Thor ala Doomsday in a few hits or simply rips him in half.

thumb up

the Darkone
It's weird and BS that Thor h2h isn't up there where it should be. Thor, Hercules and Ares should be 7, seriously with their history of fighting especially Thor who is not only a Thunder God also a God of War dual titles. Its the writers that constantly water down his fighting ability, Thor is well over 10,000 years old or older +++ years of fighting and mastering his skills add with his strength and overall power he should beat Superman

abhilegend
Thor isn't God of War. Tyr is. He is not even God of Strength BTW. That's Magni.

carver9
Wait, is this DCNU Superman? If so, Thor stomps. Pre Superman, it's a split imo.

abhilegend
Why would Thor stomp DCnU Superman?

Stoic
and did this seasoned martial artist have the level of skill that batman has displayed? Or the downright retarded level of pain tolerance that Thor shows on an average basis?

I'm not going to low ball Thor, but you can't sell Superman short here. His damage soak is crazy as well. Also, no the MA wasn't as good as Bruce, but this isn't Bruce with Thor's stats like I said in my first post, it's Thor with a high level of MA skill. That in my opinion makes for a giant difference, because Thor isn't a master escape artist, and even though he would have great skill, he wouldn't utilize that skill on the same level as Bruce, because Bruce is simply brilliant in terms of intellect. Just trying to see both sides of the fence here.

the Darkone
Thor isn't God of War. Tyr is. He is not even God of Strength BTW. That's Magni.

I dont need you, and miss the point as usual.

deathslash
Their status aren't close at all. If Superman goes all out he kills Thor ala Doomsday in a few hits or simply rips him in half.

thumb up
It's funny how in my first post I said that you'd think differently, and true to form, here you are bringing up one of superman's high end showings and acting like he can easily replicate that feat and Thor doesn't have the level of durability to withstand an attack of that level.
Why would Thor stomp DCnU Superman? because his hand to hand skill is absolutely abysmal? At least pre flash point has shown some merit in the h2h department. However, new supes fights like a poorly trained, telegraph-all-my-moves, idiot that could get out skilled by even the average bystander.

EcstaticGrace
Batman wins.

Horrificus
Ok. But if its gonna b a fair fight, we should do something for Superman, like, make him tough, or, maybe strong, or even smart.

Waddya think?😁

quanchi112
Thor rapes.

abhilegend
It's funny how in my first post I said that you'd think differently, and true to form, here you are bringing up one of superman's high end showings and acting like he can easily replicate that feat and Thor doesn't have the level of durability to withstand an attack of that level.

In both instances Superman was greatly weakened and still killed someone above top tier in moments. Why wouldn't he be able to replicate that?

Tell that to Kobra, Wraith and Orion and Wonder Woman.

Orion is one of the most skilled characters in Herald category and is actually the God of War. When he died in Final Crisis, characters actually forgot how to fight.

He has never stomped Superman like you're saying.

Yeah, that's why he beat the shit out of Wraith who was several times stronger than him and outboxed Xa-Du who was as strong as him.

Oh wait...

quanchi112
laughing out loud

riv6672
Abhi thinks Superman knowing how to box makes him Wildcat level.
Basically anything Superman has shown a passing familiarity with, abhi interprets as Superman is an expert.
Also, Superman's always weakened. He hasnt been at full power since 1967.

abhilegend
Your butthurt is noted.

carver9
Why would Thor stomp DCnU Superman?

Do I really need to answer this question.?

riv6672
Do it or he'll day you're butt hurt.
Actually, do it AND he'll say you're butt hurt.

laughing

abhilegend
Do I really need to answer this question.?
Yes. DCnU Superman is stronger than post crisis Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by riv6672
Do it or he'll day you're butt hurt.
Actually, do it AND he'll say you're butt hurt.

laughing
So just spamming?

deathslash
In both instances Superman was greatly weakened and still killed someone above top tier in moments. Why wouldn't he be able to replicate that?

Tell that to Kobra, Wraith and Orion and Wonder Woman.

Orion is one of the most skilled characters in Herald category and is actually the God of War. When he died in Final Crisis, characters actually forgot how to fight.

He has never stomped Superman like you're saying.

Yeah, that's why he beat the shit out of Wraith who was several times stronger than him and outboxed Xa-Du who was as strong as him.

Oh wait... perhaps because Thor has insane durability feats while weakened. Like the time he fought exitar immediately after getting one of his arms burned to a crisp after fighting one of the apocalypse twins.

When did he ever fight kobra in the new 52. Scratch that, where was it shown that kobra still has the level of skill that he had in pre52? Beating someone stronger than you is now a sign of incredible h2h skill? Was it even shown that wraith had any skill to speak of? For all we know, he was worse in h2h than clark. Diana has a history of being displayed as superman's superior in close combat (at least with the new 52). Hell, a holding back Diana still managed to stalemate an all out and physically enhanced version of clark.

Face facts buddy, pre52 supes at least had the occasional showing in which he'd straight up wreck someone with his skills (like that fight with ultraman), but current superman isn't depicted as being even close to that sort of level. Didn't Zod (who shouldn't be stronger) casually own him, treat him like a jobber, break his arm, and then bargain with Diana for clark's safety? That's pretty much how this fight is gonna go and you know it.

abhilegend
perhaps because Thor has insane durability feats while weakened. Like the time he fought exitar immediately after getting one of his arms burned to a crisp after fighting one of the apocalypse twins.

Just that? Superman fought after getting his heart split in half.

Yes, beating someone who is stronger, faster and overall more powerful while having your bones broken shows incredible skill.

He beat Diana's ass and was a trained soldier and Black ops agent.

So yeah.

That's rubbish.

If by stalemated you mean getting tossed around and throwing a rope over him, sure. Otherwise he simply slapped him aside while holding back.

Face facts buddy, pre52 supes at least had the occasional showing in which he'd straight up wreck someone with his skills (like that fight with ultraman), but current superman isn't depicted as being even close to that sort of level.

I suggest reading some comics.

You mean when Zod and Faora had tag teamed Superman and he was already injured.

Fast forward a few months and Superman actually ripped apart Doomsday with his bare hands. That's how it goes.

DarkSaint85
Lol.

So Superman has insane skill, skill enough to beat people faster, stronger, and more powerful than him.

Whose skills does Thor now possess? The kinda skill that enable said person to beat people WAY faster, stronger, and more powerful than him?

TheHulk
Lol.

So Superman has insane skill, skill enough to beat people faster, stronger, and more powerful than him.

Whose skills does Thor now possess? The kinda skill that enable said person to beat people WAY faster, stronger, and more powerful than him? laughing out loud thumb up

riv6672
^^^nooice!
But also true.

So just spamming?
Pointing out the obvious.

h1a8
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
no speed who wins Thor wins this.

abhilegend
Lol.

Whose skills does Thor now possess? The kinda skill that enable said person to beat people WAY faster, stronger, and more powerful than him?
If Thor chooses to use that skill. More often than not, he will try to test strength just like always and get shit kicked out of him.

DarkSaint85
If Superman decides to go all out. More often than not he holds back, with mental blocks.

deathslash
If Superman decides to go all out. More often than not he holds back, with mental blocks. and gets the shit kicked out of him thumb up

abhilegend
If Superman decides to go all out. More often than not he holds back, with mental blocks.
Its really all upon Superman. If he wants, he wins.

thumb up

riv6672
Its really all upon Superman. If he wants, he wins.

thumb up
abhi has reached a new level in denial.
Instead of just admitting Superman loses one little versus, because he cant convince anyone otherwise, he's now going to go with "well if he wanted to..." laughing

Insane Titan
Glad we all agree Thor wins

carver9
Split

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.