If Superman's Strength is 100

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Where are these guys

Thor
Hulk
Vision
Wonder Woman
Foara
Nam Ek
Kurse
Doomsday
Ultron
General Zod

jaden101
Depends which superman.

TethAdamTheRock
Mos

carver9
Thor = 80
Hulk = 115
Vision = 60
Wonder Woman = 95
Foara = 100
Nam Ek = 100
Kurse = 95
Doomsday = 105
Ultron = 90
General Zod = 100

The Ellimist
^ i'm assuming that isn't a direct proportion lol

Arachnid1
Yeah, its definitely not. Hulk should be around 80, with Thor at 60 and Doomsday around 115 and Kurse 85. They are not Kryptonian level.

The Sorrow
What has Superman done strength wise to put him ahead of Hulk and Kurse?

Darth Thor
Don't remember Kurse having any major strength feats. His power was more from his Indestructibility IIRC.

The Sorrow
So Superman could have dismissed Thor as easily as Kurse did?

Nibedicus
Thor = 60
Hulk = 90-100
Vision = 70
Wonder Woman = 90
Foara = 90
Nam Ek = 105
Kurse = 110
Doomsday = 120
Ultron = 70
General Zod = 100

Edit. Forgot the new "feats" in MoS (the movie was so forgettable, I honestly forgot I even watched it for a moment, and I mean this with all honesty no joke), editing to take them into consideration.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Sorrow
So Superman could have dismissed Thor as easily as Kurse did?

No.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Thor = 60
Hulk = 90-100
Vision = 70
Wonder Woman = 90
Foara = 90
Nam Ek = 105
Kurse = 110
Doomsday = 120
Ultron = 70
General Zod = 100

Edit. Forgot the new "feats" in MoS (the movie was so forgettable, I honestly forgot I even watched it for a moment, and I mean this with all honesty no joke), editing to take them into consideration.

A bit strange you forgetting that movie when Wonder Woman is on the list, and her only appearance is in that film.

So any particular reason you have Wonder Woman and Vision above Thor.

StiltmanFTW
Thor 1000
Hulk 99999999999999999999999999999
Vision 1001
Wonder Woman 500
Foara 300
Nam Ek 200
Kurse 2000
Doomsday 666
Ultron 1000.5
General Zod 150

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Darth Thor
A bit strange you forgetting that movie when Wonder Woman is on the list, and her only appearance is in that film.

So any particular reason you have Wonder Woman and Vision above Thor.

I know, dude. It's crazy that I would remember WW and DD (whose only appearances are in that movie) but somehow forget Superman entirely when I went in my head to remember their "feats" in comparison to his. My brain went straight to MoS without ever even considering BvS. I don't know how that happened, but I'm not joking or lying when I say that's how my brain reacted.

Well, while it could be attributed to his mass or his powers or his vibranium shell, I seriously cannot see Thor shrugging off a 20 ton bus (or Superman or Hulk or even Kurse for that matter) like nothing and breaking it half without even budging an inch. As for WW, I attribute it to the strength "levels" that are indicative in BvS as she did well against DD (didn't she block some of his hits with her shield?). Call it powerscaling (but in all honesty, it's closer to "guessing" than anything, but so far that's all I have to go on atm as I really can't remember much of how the fight went in BvS).

Darth Thor
^ I think Thor does well when you power scale his fights against Hulk or even the 400% IM.

Also I know it's not canon because it was deleted, but there was that deleted combat scene from AOU of Thor fighting Vision in H2H, which I think gives an indication of the comparative strength they had in mind:

?v=2TqxEK8KLSM

Nibedicus
^ I think Thor does well when you power scale his fights against Hulk or even the 400% IM.

Also I know it's not canon because it was deleted, but there was that deleted combat scene from AOU of Thor fighting Vision in H2H, which I think gives an indication of the comparative strength they had in mind:

?v=2TqxEK8KLSM

Well, never saw that deleted scene. Where does one get a copy of it? The Blu Ray?

It does seem like they were being portrayed as equals or peers at least. Although this is a Vision unfamiliar with his powers and that his ability is to alter his mass and that could factor in his stats later on (it definitely does in the comics) or maybe it's Thor just being tough enough to take on a slightly stronger opponent. Can't really explain any better than that.

All things considered, I really can't see many characters shrugging off and splitting that bus in half without even budging an inch using only one arm. We can perhaps attribute it to his durability/mass powers/vibranium shell. But the fact he didn't even budge HAS to be considered a strength showing.

We can always say they're peers with Vision having a slight advantage in terms of top "feats".

Anyway, won't stall, gotta go to the gym before it gets too late.

Darth Thor
Well, never saw that deleted scene. Where does one get a copy of it? The Blu Ray?

I've just seen it on youtube. But yeah I'm guessing the Blu-Ray which I never bought for AOU.

It does seem like they were being portrayed as equals or peers at least. Although this is a Vision unfamiliar with his powers and that his ability is to alter his mass and that could factor in his stats later on (it definitely does in the comics)

Was he unfamiliar with his powers? He does phase through Cap's shield throw. Plus he was firing from his gem.

It seems he was more unfamiliar of his own awareness/existence.

or maybe it's Thor just being tough enough to take on a slightly stronger opponent. Can't really explain any better than that.

I'd personally say they're peers in strength but Vision is more durable.

All things considered, I really can't see many characters shrugging off and splitting that bus in half without even budging an inch using only one arm. We can perhaps attribute it to his durability/mass powers/vibranium shell. But the fact he didn't even budge HAS to be considered a strength showing.

We can always say they're peers with Vision having a slight advantage in terms of top "feats".

I honestly think any difference between the 2 is more to do with Vision's density control/durability.

Of course I should point out that because the scene was deleted that it's not canon, but still I'd say it gives us an idea of the comparative strength the creators had in mind. And I honestly see nothing from the other films which would contradict what happens in that deleted fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Only thing I do know is, Hulk is the strongest of the group

Time-Immemorial
Not really, Superman was pulling a ship through ice like it was a walk in the part. Hulk has no feats that even compare to that.

carthage
Hulk can oneshot a Leviathan but not hurt Thor or Iron man with his punches. He isn't anywhere near Kal El in striking power.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carthage
Hulk can oneshot a Leviathan but not hurt Thor or Iron man with his punches. He isn't anywhere near Kal El in striking power.

Exactly.

Nibedicus
I've just seen it on youtube. But yeah I'm guessing the Blu-Ray which I never bought for AOU.

Was he unfamiliar with his powers? He does phase through Cap's shield throw. Plus he was firing from his gem.

It seems he was more unfamiliar of his own awareness/existence.

I'd personally say they're peers in strength but Vision is more durable.

I honestly think any difference between the 2 is more to do with Vision's density control/durability.

Of course I should point out that because the scene was deleted that it's not canon, but still I'd say it gives us an idea of the comparative strength the creators had in mind. And I honestly see nothing from the other films which would contradict what happens in that deleted fight.

Well, he was acting more on instinct that rational thought at the time. Indicative of his movement. Again, at this point, this is not just speculation, we're basing it on a non canon (are deleted scenes non canon here?) scene so we really shouldn't go forward with this train of thought tbh.

I also said peers (but not equal).

If we base it on the bus scene, strength HAS to play a part. That is not questionable here. Even assuming the bus shattered because of Vision's density, shouldn't we assume that he has the necessary strength to support said density? The same density that managed to cut a 20-ish ton bus in half and not budge an inch? Again, having the strength needed to perform such a "feat" is something I see kinda above Thor.

But I will repeat that, for me, this is speculation. There is very little to differentiate Thor's strength from Vision. They are peers. I just feel that Vision has the greater strength of the two based on portrayal. Or maybe he doesn't. I can certainly agree to either conclusion. /shrug

carthage
In that clip he deflected a blow from Mjolnir and even tossed it. Vision is pretty strong.

Time-Immemorial
Don't remember Kurse having any major strength feats. His power was more from his Indestructibility IIRC.

His strength feats was demolishing thor, picking up a rock and one shotting thor and swatting away the hammer, his power was not Indestructibility in the slightest, he was actually very destructible, other versions of Kurse was taken down by swords and spears.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by The Sorrow
What has Superman done strength wise to put him ahead of Hulk and Kurse?

Barely touching the batmobile and causing it to crash and then ripping the top off.

Pulling a freighter ship through solid ice.

Lifting a space rocket over his head.

Demolishing a semi truck with tree's

Pushing submerged bus full of water and kids out of the water as a kid.

Lifting a car off him like it was nothing.

Anything else?

carthage
The Shockwave he and Zod created was larger than the one Hulk and Tony did, both of them actually.

playa1258
DCEU Superman is easily stronger than any MCU character. He was easily pulling a massive ship through ice.

Time-Immemorial
When you see Ironman @ 400% keep up with Thor, knowing that Kal would one shot Ironman, and they still think Thor can keep up with Kal, while getting wrecked by Kurse who is way below Kal, there is no sense in talking to them.

carthage
I wonder if the Kryptonians could deflect Mjolnir similarly.

Wouldn't doubt it tbh

Time-Immemorial
No reason why not, kurse didn't have any special powers to do so, he just had strength and reflexes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Barely touching the batmobile and causing it to crash and then ripping the top off.

Anything else?

huh? Most of those aren't even above some of Hulks meh feats, let alone his better ones.

TethAdamTheRock
Iirc hulk lifted a nuclear bomb or something in avengers civil war.

carthage
How is that beyond Superman's strength level?

The Sorrow

Anything else?
None of these put him on a level above Hulk.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by carthage
How is that beyond Superman's strength level?

Because Hulk is so strong he lifted a nuke even tho he was never in Civil War.

In essence, the concept of Hulk lifted the nuke.

Beat that, Superman.

carthage
Ah damn I forgot he beat up those Chitauri, **** Superman has never fought an opponent that tough.

Who wins between Superman and Ozymandias KT?

Darth Thor
His strength feats was demolishing thor, picking up a rock and one shotting thor and swatting away the hammer, his power was not Indestructibility in the slightest, he was actually very destructible, other versions of Kurse was taken down by swords and spears.

Oh great I have to watch it again then, but I'm pretty sure it was stated Kurse couldn't be hurt. IOW his core power was being indestructible.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Iirc hulk lifted a nuclear bomb or something in avengers civil war.
IIRC General Ross compared his power to a high yield nuke, but he wasn't in Civil War.

Sin I AM
When you see Ironman @ 400% keep up with Thor, knowing that Kal would one shot Ironman, and they still think Thor can keep up with Kal, while getting wrecked by Kurse who is way below Kal, there is no sense in talking to them.

Well thor isn't a murdering emotional dick if that helps

Time-Immemorial
Oh great I have to watch it again then, but I'm pretty sure it was stated Kurse couldn't be hurt. IOW his core power was being indestructible.

I agree to what Mal said, but situations proved otherwise.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Sin I AM

He tried to murder captain america.

Nice try though.

Darth Thor
He also "murdered" a shit load of Frost Giants. Iron Man and Captain America also murdered people (I know CA was a soldier but throwing people out of a plane seemed a bit on top and not necessary).

Point being That kind of thing is quite normal in comic book movies. Always has been.

But hey, let's just hate on DC films just because..

relentless1
Thor = 80
Hulk = 90
Vision = 80
Wonder Woman = 95
Foara = 95
Nam Ek = 100
Kurse = 90
Doomsday = 105
Ultron = 70
General Zod = 95

KuRuPT Thanosi
There is simply no way anybody is stronger than Hulk. No way, no how.

TethAdamTheRock
how is wonder woman that Strong?

Anyways

Thor 100
Hulk 110
Vision 104
Wonder Woman 100
Foara 95
Nam Ek 100
Kurse 115
Doomsday 110
Ultron 100
General Zod 95

My Take

Robtard
Effortlessly dragging that capsized freighter probably shits on Hulk's leviathan punch. That ship is huge and is probably easily in the 30,000 ton range, if not greater.

I know BvS sucked dirty donkey dick, but that's no reason to downplay feats

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Robtard
Effortlessly dragging that capsized freighter probably shits on Hulk's leviathan punch. That ship is huge and is probably easily in the 30,000 ton range, if not greater.

I know BvS sucked dirty donkey dick, but that's no reason to downplay feats Who says Hulk can't drag that ship?

By the way hulk was half transformed when he hit the leviathan ship,
There you go

Darth Thor
Who says Hulk can't drag that ship?

There you go

That's not an argument. If you believe Hulk can drag that ship then prove it. We don't just assume he can, otherwise the others will assume Supes can drag a continent just as easily.

Sin I AM

Nice try though.

Nah if he tried he would have realized Bucky wasn't in Valhalla a lot sooner. Nice dodge though

Robtard
Who says Hulk can't drag that ship?

There you go

Going by highest feats, he seemingly can't. But feel free to prove your case. I'm open to logic.

He was fully transformed at the time of the punch.

If it makes the Hulk fanboy inside you feel better, Hulk will probably have higher feats in Thor 3. Looking forward to that myself.

TethAdamTheRock
not really a fan boy, marvel doesn't care about strength feats as DC does

Time-Immemorial
He also "murdered" a shit load of Frost Giants. Iron Man and Captain America also murdered people (I know CA was a soldier but throwing people out of a plane seemed a bit on top and not necessary).

Point being That kind of thing is quite normal in comic book movies. Always has been.

Thats all she can do is hatethumb up

Time-Immemorial
Nah if he tried he would have realized Bucky wasn't in Valhalla a lot sooner. Nice dodge though

Again you didn't watch Avengers, Thor flat out tried to one shot and murder captain america when he told him and stark to stand down.

Watch the movie.

Time-Immemorial
That's not an argument. If you believe Hulk can drag that ship then prove it. We don't just assume he can, otherwise the others will assume Supes can drag a continent just as easily.

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
There is simply no way anybody is stronger than Hulk. No way, no how.

Superman effortless dragged a ship through the ice. Way, How.

Nibedicus

I know BvS sucked dirty donkey dick, but that's no reason to downplay feats

That wasn't a freighter. It was a destroyer. Notice the gun emplacement in the front of the ship? Arleigh Burke class to be specific. Well, at least that's the closest ship I can find.

Even fully loaded it is still only around 9-11k tons.

Here is the post where I made the comparison.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15650900& amp;highlight=Arleigh+forumid%3A102+userid%3A13881
4#post15650900

We also need to take into consideration that it is being dragged over ice and that ice-to-steel has a friction coefficient of around 0.03.

Now the physicists here can go ahead and do the math, but from where I'm standing, while the "feat" is certainly impressive, it is NOT in the tens of thousands of tons range. Barely in the thousand IMO. Maybe even less. Again, let the physicists define it, as I might get the math wrong.

Time-Immemorial
Here is an actual pic.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/17/1461811623-an-alien.jpg

Here is your pic.

Looks like an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer to me. Tho from the image, I can't really be sure.

http://www.democratsforprogress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ArTruxtun.jpg

Thing weighs from about 9k-11k tons. Impressive "feat" to be sure.

Tho, dragging it on water and ice does reduce a lot of its friction. I dunno. Still pretty freakin impressive. Is that from the new movie? Looks pretty CGI-y. Hope movie doesn't look like that.

This ship he pulled much much larger then that destroyer.

Nibedicus
Here is a more complete picture.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdwLSk1UYAIzjpz.jpg:large

http://www.democratsforprogress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ArTruxtun.jpg

Dude, gun emplacement. Location of anchor. Radar pods in the back. Heck the bridge and the comm towers at top. They're not 100% close, but will have to attribute that to possible modifications to standards build or the CGI ppl getting it wrong (like a dual canon on the jet in Avengers).

Pls compare the two.

If you can come up with a freighter that has a more similar profile pls post it.

It only seems large because he is a small person dragging a large ship (and yes, destroyers are pretty large in comparison to ppl).

Time-Immemorial
The gun placement is completely different it thats what it is. You have to admit they dont look similar. Dont make it a big deal.

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/10/104995/5124563-9947278213-50-le.jpg

Nibedicus
The gun placement is completely different it thats what it is. You have to admit they dont look similar. Dont make it a big deal.

http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/10/104995/5124563-9947278213-50-le.jpg

It's a gun emplacement, what else can it be? The shape of the gun is wrong, sure (again CGI ppl get things wrong all the time). But it can't be anything else.

The freighter is COMPLETELY off tho. The profile of the bridge alone (destroyer doesn't have all the windows right below the bridge). That alone should be enough. Add to that he missing gun emplacement, the type of radar (pods?) that they use, the ratio-to-frontal profle size of the hole where the anchor comes out of. No cranes and doesn't have that funnel (or smokestack) behind the comm tower.

Time-Immemorial
Does it matter, all I was saying is its not a US destroyer. Like I said, dont make a big deal about it.

Nibedicus
Does it matter, all I was saying is its not a US destroyer. Like I said, dont make a big deal about it.

Dude, it's a destroyer. The gun emplacement is how it is placed on destroyers. It is not a freighter.

And it matters because it is not something that weighs around 30k tons, it is 10, maybe even less.

Time-Immemorial
We dont know how heavy it was could be 10k tons, could be 29k tons.

Point really is there is nothing he cannot do and this feat puts him hundreds of times ahead of Thor and Hulk.

Nibedicus
This gun emplacement is probably the closest approximation to the photo.

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/98aa386c70404fdaa68ef968f75544ce/maill-brz-t-47-class-destroyer-museum-ship-in-nantes-commissioned-f015nf.jpg

Or maybe this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/5-54-Mark-45-firing_edit.jpg

Nibedicus

Point really is there is nothing he cannot do and this feat puts him hundreds of times ahead of Thor and Hulk.

I disagree, it's definitely 10k tops. At least (for me anyway) there is far more evidence saying that it is 10k (or even less) than it is 29k.

And like I said, ice-to-steel friction coefficient (0.03) kinda tones the "feat" down a bit.

Time-Immemorial
The hull is different between your original pic and the one in the movie. Don't you think?

Time-Immemorial
I disagree, it's definitely 10k tops. At least (for me anyway) there is far more evidence saying that it is 10k (or even less) than it is 29k.

And like I said, ice-to-steel friction coefficient (0.03) kinda tones the "feat" down a bit.

Not really, the ice was gathering in front of the ship and causing more friction and weight to pull

Nibedicus
Not really, the ice was gathering in front of the ship and causing more friction and weight to pull

Which would be a separate factor in relation to the friction itself, yes. I agree. But having to push aside the ice would be a drop in the bucket compared to the force needed to be generated to pull said ship.

That is why I wanted the physicists in here. The math is too complex to simply going "friction coefficient vs displacement of ship". So it might well be beyond me. There are still other factors needed to be considered.

What it is NOT and what would be completely wrong is simply applying the full 10k tonnage of the ship as the primary weight Superman is pulling.

Time-Immemorial
We have one physicist here and he is to busy taking pictures of himself in the mirror.

Nibedicus
The hull is different between your original pic and the one in the movie. Don't you think?

I dunno. Frontal profile of the hull doesn't seem too distinct to me.

http://navaltoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/US-Navy-to-Move-Two-Destroyers-to-Hawaii.jpg

Nibedicus
We have one physicist here and he is to busy taking pictures of himself in the mirror.

Dammit. :P tell im to get to work.

Darkstorm Zero
Which would be a separate factor in relation to the friction itself, yes. I agree. But having to push aside the ice would be a drop in the bucket compared to the force needed to be generated to pull said ship.

That is why I wanted the physicists in here. The math is too complex to simply going "friction coefficient vs displacement of ship". So it might well be beyond me. There are still other factors needed to be considered.

What it is NOT and what would be completely wrong is simply applying the full 10k tonnage of the ship as the primary weight Superman is pulling.

It's not. There is more to it. The friction of the water beneath the surface for one, the force required to break the ice from ahead of the ship would also be astronomical, and quite frankly physically impossible, as even a huge ass chain like that would snap under that much pressure.

Time-Immemorial
The front shot of that hull is a like a Triangle that ship is made to go very fast.

The one in the movie is bowed out and looks like a slow moving frigate.

Arachnid1
And like I said, ice-to-steel friction coefficient (0.03) kinda tones the "feat" down a bit. Doesn't that suggest it's sliding over the ice? Because its definitely not. It's breaking through it

Nibedicus
The front shot of that hull is a like a Triangle that ship is made to go very fast.

The one in the movie is bowed out and looks like a slow moving frigate.

I dunno, that could be because the artist not getting the exact shape right. Or it could be the image of an older destroyer that I haven't found yet.

I mean check out the frontal top profile for this destroyer. Looks very rounded to me. Not the same destroyer, tho.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/04/article-2533846-1A6B499400000578-656_306x423.jpg

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Doesn't that suggest it's sliding over the ice? Because its definitely not. It's breaking through it

Agreed, it was def breaking through the ice as seen in the movie.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
It's not. There is more to it. The friction of the water beneath the surface for one, the force required to break the ice from ahead of the ship would also be astronomical, and quite frankly physically impossible, as even a huge ass chain like that would snap under that much pressure.

That is assuming the ice is breaking. From the movie, IIRC, the ice was holding the weight of the ship and not breaking. What you see is just surface breakage (probably from dragging the ship). Tho I might be mistaken.

Also, I agree on the chain. But then again, that would ALSO mean the force needed to move the ship < strength of the chain.

The Sorrow

You're crazy.

Darth Thor
Problem here is we're making estimates on how heavy the ship might have been, but no one has a clue how heavy the Leviathian is. Any fact file on that or something?

Although I would point out that Superman's strength effort was continuous whereas Hulk's was a few seconds.

Nibedicus
Problem here is we're making estimates on how heavy the ship might have been, but no one has a clue how heavy the Leviathian is. Any fact file on that or something?

Although I would point out that Superman's strength effort was continuous whereas Hulk's was a few seconds.

I saw some guy online pegging it at around 500-600 tons and the total force needed to stop its momentum around 3k tons. It's in the web somewhere but I'm too brain fried from work to do the effort so I'll leave it to you guys.

Darth Thor
I saw some guy online pegging it at around 500-600 tons and the total force needed to stop its momentum around 3k tons. It's in the web somewhere but I'm too brain fried from work to do the effort so I'll leave it to you guys.

I'll take your word for it Lol.

But going by those figures, and the pessimistic stance on the figures you and TI were discussing for Supes feat, Supes feat is still the greater of the 2.

Too bad the MCU still hasn't confirmed that Hulk can get stronger as he gets madder with no cap/limit.

Nibedicus
I'll take your word for it Lol.

But going by those figures, and the pessimistic stance on the figures you and TI were discussing for Supes feat, Supes feat is still the greater of the 2.

Too bad the MCU still hasn't confirmed that Hulk can get stronger as he gets madder with no cap/limit.

Depends on how you see it, I guess.

I actually see the 2 as comparable.

Factoring in that the ship (with a displacement of around 10k tons, likely less) is being dragged over ice and not being lifted.

That is why I put Hulk at 90-100 post-BvS. Ragnarok could change all that, however.

Darth Thor

Factoring in that the ship (with a displacement of around 10k tons, likely less) is being dragged over ice and not being lifted.

Ah but dragging actually shows he was putting that amount of strength/force in for a much longer continuous period.

That is why I put Hulk at 90-100 post-BvS. Ragnarok could change all that, however.

I hope so.

Nibedicus
Ah but dragging actually shows he was putting that amount of strength/force in for a much longer continuous period.

I hope so.

But I also see the "feat" as something that would be sub-1000s or just a little over due to ice-to-steel (0.03) having such a low friction coefficient, factoring in the drag from the breaking surface ice, of course. It's just a guess, however. So anyone's guess is as good as mine at this point. The continuous period is more indicative of stamina than strength but DOES prove that this is not his max exertion meaning he can still go higher IMO.

All that considered, I would put those 2 "feats" as comparable but leaning towards the BvS as being slightly better.

Only thing I'm hoping for is for Thor 3 to be even just almost as good as CW (as Thor is the only superhero character my wife would actually enjoy watching. Dunno if it's the abs or the fact that it is quasi-fantasy, w/c she is a HUGE fan of.). /crossfingers

quanchi112
Thor and Hulk are going to let loose.

Darth Thor

Only thing I'm hoping for is for Thor 3 to be even just almost as good as CW (as Thor is the only superhero character my wife would actually enjoy watching. Dunno if it's the abs or the fact that it is quasi-fantasy, w/c she is a HUGE fan of.). /crossfingers

Yes I'm also craving an Epic Thor film. I thought Thor1 was such a great first movie, but TDW was a massive step down IMO.

I remember the girl I was seeing when Thor1 came out really liked it. And she wasn't into Iron Man or Incredible Hulk at all. So yeah I think it's that fantasy element to it.

NemeBro
Where are these guys

Thor
Hulk
Vision
Wonder Woman
Foara
Nam Ek
Kurse
Doomsday
Ultron
General Zod

Thor: 20
Hulk: 25
Vision: idk
Wonder Woman: idk
Faora: 50
Nam-Ek: 110
Kurse: 35
Doomsday: 200+
Ultron: 20
Zod: 80

A little generous to the Marvel characters tbh. Were I to be realistic I would have to give them decimals to compare their strength, rather than whole numbers.

playa1258
Thor and Hulk should shine in the next film now that they won't have to worry about making the rest of the Avengers look bad.

KuRuPT Thanosi

The reality is this, the Leviathan was the more impressive feats hands down. It was a combat feat against an object moving forward trying to destroy stuff. Not pulling some object that isn't moving nor resisting nor was it trying to destroy anything.

Further, I could easily argue Hulk wasn't even totally changed yet. He literally just changed a second before. Even still, we know Hulk gets stronger. I reject any notion that he doesn't. The excuse of it is said, holds no water for me. Absence of proof isn't proof. Hulk getting stronger is a much a part of him as a character as Superman being from Krypton. It's something so intricately woven into his character there is no separating him from it. Just because he wasn't shown getting bigger like Mr. Lee's version means noting. In comics he hasn't always gotten bigger and bigger and bigger as he gets angrier. Some have, some haven't. What is unquestioned is, that he does. Period end of story. He literally just changed during the leviathan feat... which makes is vastly more impressive.

Robtard
Couple things, KT.

Combat feat or not, we're talking physical strength. Be it lifting, pushing, stopping etc.

Hulk was fully changed at the time of the punch and yes, the Hulk does get stronger the madder he gets, we saw it in TIH 2008 and that's the same Hulk. So we have actual screen evidence.

By Avengers, Banner (now played by Ruffalo since Norton whined) has learned to control his transformation by apparently always being angry.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by NemeBro

A little generous to the Marvel characters tbh. Were I to be realistic I would have to give them decimals to compare their strength, rather than whole numbers.

I think Thor should be 30, and Hulk 35. Other than that thumb up

Darth Thor
I really wish the MCU would just say that Hulk gets stronger the madder he gets. I don't see why it's so difficult to point that out, when Hulk's been in 3 MCU movies so far, and your average Joe will have no clue that the Hulk can keep getting stronger and stronger..

Btw KT, the Ang Lee Hulk didn't just portray him getting stronger through his size increasing. They flat out said it in that film. And it showed (plus stated) Hulk has an instantaneous healing ability. The MCU hasn't shown that either.

Time-Immemorial
^Agreed

Yea he did get bigger the madder he got.

However in terms of strength and feats Avengers Hulk dwarfs him by far.

Darth Thor
Ang Lee's one could also leap the way comic book Hulk leaps. As in insanely high, where you can't even tell if he's jumping or flying.

TethAdamTheRock
kind of like zod and crew, but much higher

KuRuPT Thanosi
Couple things, KT.

Combat feat or not, we're talking physical strength. Be it lifting, pushing, stopping etc.

Hulk was fully changed at the time of the punch and yes, the Hulk does get stronger the madder he gets, we saw it in TIH 2008 and that's the same Hulk. So we have actual screen evidence.

By Avengers, Banner (now played by Ruffalo since Norton whined) has learned to control his transformation by apparently always being angry.

I agree to an extent bud, yes lifting weight is lifting weight. If Superman listed an object than weighed x amount, well, he lifted object that weighed x amount. Difference is, and similar to real life. Is it easier to move a fighter who is just standing there and not trying to resist you or move a fighter trying to not to be moved. One is a combat feat with something actively looking to destroy stuff and actively looking to stay alive. The other was done against an inanimate object not moving, not resisting, not trying to destroy anything nor stay alive. So while I understand what you're saying though, but extra consideration needs to be given to the actual combat feat, there can be no other way.

Which again, since he does get angrier as he gets stronger, that further means, Hulk was able to do that at his most docile yet angry state. Obviously he could get angrier and stronger, which for me at least, means he has whole other levels to get to imo.

I'm curious, not remembering I guess, which scene depicts him getting stronger as he got angrier? The sound waves feat and him overcoming it?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ang Lee's one could also leap the way comic book Hulk leaps. As in insanely high, where you can't even tell if he's jumping or flying.

Yeah in comics he's been shown jumping from continent to continent in one leap with ease. Basically jumping all over the world easily. Ang Lee's tried to do that as well. Norton was more off screen stuff. They never really show him jump that far or high, but they do show him ending up in other countries far far away from where he started.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro

A little generous to the Marvel characters tbh. Were I to be realistic I would have to give them decimals to compare their strength, rather than whole numbers. thumb up

I think the Marvel wanking skewed peoples judgment. This is better.

Darth Thor

I'm curious, not remembering I guess, which scene depicts him getting stronger as he got angrier? The sound waves feat and him overcoming it?

Nothing definite unfortunately. Because it happens a lot in movies where the good guy gets pissed off and fights better.

Heck Spider-Man seemed to gain strength when the Green Goblin had completely battered him but pissed him off over killing MJ "nice and slow."

But no one watches that thinking Spidey gets stronger as he gets madder. We only come to that conclusion so easily with MCU Hulk because we know that's what Hulk is supposed to do. But they really need to flat out say it.

Time-Immemorial
@Arach

I have always wondered how a few powered and charged hammer strikes of Thor has in people's minds, outweighed the over all strength, speed and versatility of a kryptonian.

Sin I AM
Again you didn't watch Avengers, Thor flat out tried to one shot and murder captain america when he told him and stark to stand down.

Watch the movie.

How you gonna tell em i didnt watch the movie get your dick riding ass tf outta here.

Time-Immemorial

Nice try though.

She backed down when a Thor fan told her she was wrong.

Run away before you embarrass yourself again, sin.

Robtard

The sound-machine scene was more of Hulk thinking his way out, imo.

Final fight, when Abomination has him pinned against a wall, not able to do much against his opponent's superior strength, Hulk sees the fire about to reach Betty, we see the green of his eyes flare up, he makes a growl and then overpowers Abomination.

quanchi112
How you gonna tell em i didnt watch the movie get your dick riding ass tf outta here. Why are you so aggressive these days ?

Time-Immemorial
Cause she says stupid shit like this.

"Well thor isn't a murdering emotional dick if that helps"

When she gets owned, she runs her mouth off like an emotional child. And will ultimately run back to CBVF for protection.

Time-Immemorial
4BydGYKnG6M

Proof: Thor is a murdering emotional dick.

Run back home little princess.

Time-Immemorial
As I predicted, she ran back to CBVF and logged off in shame.

quanchi112
As I predicted, she ran back to CBVF and logged off in shame. She fled. laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
As I predicted, she spouts lies and then runs when her lies are exposed.

#Sinbacksdownagain

quanchi112
As I predicted, she spouts lies and then runs when her lies are exposed.

#Sinbacksdownagain Like Robtard people flee the confines of the movievs because they can't handle it.

Time-Immemorial
Thing is Sin is supposedly a Thor fan, but then went around and lied and said MoS was a murdering dick head, when Thor actually tried to kill the best Character in MCU for trying to stop a fight.

Pathetic and weak

playa1258
Cap is the best character in the MCU I agree.

Time-Immemorial
She tried to say MoS murdered people, which he didn't. Thor actually did, and tried. She got called out twice and then ate her own words.

quanchi112
Thing is Sin is supposedly a Thor fan, but then went around and lied and said MoS was a murdering dick head, when Thor actually tried to kill the best Character in MCU for trying to stop a fight.

Pathetic and weak Why wouldn't she stick around to defend herself ? Typical fleeing like something Robtard would do after he took a silly stance.

Time-Immemorial
Stupid people run their mouth off then when they get embarrassed cause they were proven wrong, and or lying, they run for hills.

quanchi112
Stupid people run their mouth off then when they get embarrassed cause they were proven wrong, and or lying, they run for hills. Aka Robtard type maneuver. How do they sleep at night ?

Fun fact: Robtard is a petty thief.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

quanchi112
I bet he's breaking into a home right now as we type. No wonder he won't show his despicable face.

Darth Thor
Watching Phase I again and yes, Captain America's murdered people, Iron Man's murdered people. They all have. It's quite normal in comic book movies, especially when dealing with terrorists. It's just the DC movies suddenly getting slack for that for some reason. As if Batman is supposed to be more moral than Captain America or something.

And yeah tbh Thor gave a blow that would have killed Cap had his shield not been Vibranium. And Cap's no terrorist Lol

Nibedicus
To be fair, Cap is a WW2 vet. And he joined the army to fight (aka kill) his country's enemies. So killing for him is not far fetched. Thor is a norse god that fights wars all the time. Again, killing not too far off. Hawkeye and Widow are Spies. Again, killers. Hulk is a rage monster that's killed pp (now that I think about it, Hulk is probably the least kill-y of the bunch, w/c says a lot when the resident unstoppable, uncontrollable rage monster is the least likely to kill you if you're an enemy). And Tony used to be a weapons inventor/manufacturer that has lived with the fact that his inventions/product's sole purpose was to kill ppl.

So Avengers = basically all killers.

But they're funny killers. Kinda like Deadpool but a team. So we laugh when they toss ppl off a plane at 30,000 feet.

Superman and Batman have zero humor so I guess the impact of their murdersprees kinda weighs in on the viewers after a while.

stick out tongue

Silent Master
There is a difference between killing and murdering.

Darth Thor
To be fair, Cap is a WW2 vet. And he joined the army to fight (aka kill) his country's enemies.

He did it in Avengers as well. So long after WW2.

Tony also kills a bunch of terrorists in his IM armor (and I'm not just talking about when he escaped the cave).

They've all done it, but we don't usually make a big deal out of it.

Superman and Batman have zero humor so I guess the impact of their murdersprees kinda weighs in on the viewers after a while.

I don't think the GA is complaining about that tbh. Mostly critics and DC Haters. BUt they should get their double standards in order first before making their criticisms.

However I don't think it helps that this new "killing" Batman has come right after Nolan's popular Batman series where he made such a big deal out of Not Killing. So that I would imagine might be the thing that could cause confusion amongst audiences.

Originally posted by Silent Master

Yes when it's a Marvel character it's killing, when it's a DC character it's plain murder.

Silent Master
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nibedicus
He did it in Avengers as well. So long after WW2.

Tony also kills a bunch of terrorists in his IM armor (and I'm not just talking about when he escaped the cave).

They've all done it, but we don't usually make a big deal out of it.

That whole post was obviously a joke. stick out tongue I guess you take your DC very seriously.

If you wanna be serious, well, the best way I can explain it is the fact that the humor in the Marvel movies probably softens the blow during all the killing, we almost don't feel the deaths at all, while the overly dark and humorless themes in BvS just kinda exacerbates it. That's the best way I can explain it. At least from my perspective/opinion.

I mean, remember Keaton Batman? He killed like it was his hobby. But ppl laughed it off/cheered instead. I'm expecting the same thing in Suicide Squad. Lots of ppl laughing while the audience cheers.

I don't think my wife is a DC hater/critic, but she seemed to "feel" the killing done in BvS moreso than even the killing done in Deadpool.

I don't think the GA is complaining about that tbh. Mostly critics and DC Haters. BUt they should get their double standards in order first before making their criticisms.

However I don't think it helps that this new "killing" Batman has come right after Nolan's popular Batman series where he made such a big deal out of Not Killing. So that I would imagine might be the thing that could cause confusion amongst audiences.

Well, I think ppl complain more about Superman killing (as, in the past, it has always been completely against his entire character to kill) than anything else. I would certainly say it left a bad taste in my mouth what they did to Metropolis. The Batman killing just feels a bit "off" but doesn't bother me all that much.

Yes when it's a Marvel character it's killing, when it's a DC character it's plain murder.

Now you're getting it! thumb up

stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
They've all murdered people.

Time-Immemorial
Name one person Superman or Cap has murdered?

Estacado
Superman snapped Zod's neck, Cap was runnin around with a pistol shootin people in CA 1.

Time-Immemorial
Read a dictionary. That's not murderingthumb down

Originally posted by Silent Master

thumb up

Estacado
Well yeah there is a differnce between killing and murder...

Time-Immemorial
So name one person Superman or Cap murdered.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Name one person Superman or Cap has murdered?

Superman killed Zod for one thing. Second, all the times Faora/Superman/Zod/Nam were battling, buildings were destroyed. Shit a whole building collapses in one scene. There very well couldn't been people in any one of those buildings who died via collateral damage. Though, I'd only need to point out killing Zod to prove the point.

Come on T.I. you saw Cap 1 right? He killed numerous people then and in the war. To say nothing of incidents depicted in CW, where again innocent people were killed. Sure, not directly by him or the avengers, but they still added to what occurred. Shit, Cap in the elevator could've easily killed somebody. He literally uppercut a dude head first into the top of the elevator. That couldn't easily done so if he hit wrong.

Time-Immemorial
Like I said.

Name one person Superman or Cap murdered.

Just because you want to change definitions and screen feats is not my problem.

Robtard
Superman killed Zod for one thing. Second, all the times Faora/Superman/Zod/Nam were battling, buildings were destroyed. Shit a whole building collapses in one scene. There very well couldn't been people in any one of those buildings who died via collateral damage. Though, I'd only need to point out killing Zod to prove the point.

Come on T.I. you saw Cap 1 right? He killed numerous people then and in the war. To say nothing of incidents depicted in CW, where again innocent people were killed. Sure, not directly by him or the avengers, but they still added to what occurred. Shit, Cap in the elevator could've easily killed somebody. He literally uppercut a dude head first into the top of the elevator. That couldn't easily done so if he hit wrong.

Killing Zod was to protect others, Cap was in WWII. Not murder.

Now Superman taking Zod from the sparsely populated countryside and trying to fight him in downtown Smallville, that was negligent and any/all deaths that happened can be levied at his negligence. So maybe manslaughter?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Superman killed Zod for one thing. Second, all the times Faora/Superman/Zod/Nam were battling, buildings were destroyed. Shit a whole building collapses in one scene. There very well couldn't been people in any one of those buildings who died via collateral damage. Though, I'd only need to point out killing Zod to prove the point. If he had the power to torque his neck and move it against Zod's will to the point of breaking his neck... he could've also moved his head enough to change the course of the HV. Instead that or other non lethal options he decided to kill him.

Time-Immemorial
Killing maniacs hell bent on conquering the world and killing billions of people is not murder on indiscretionary killing.

Name one Person Cap or Clark murdered.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Like I said.

Name one person Superman or Cap murdered.

Just because you want to change definitions and screen feats is not my problem.

That was murder. If he had the power to torque and move Zod's neck against his will, enough to snap his neck. He could've moved his head to change the direction of the HV and then try and come up with a non lethal alternative. Clearly they can be KO'd with enough force. Or possibly choked unconscious. Point is, he didn't have to do so, but did. Period end of story. Not my problem you have an issue accepting these facts.

Time-Immemorial
Killing in the line of duty a not murder.

Period, end of story not my problem you can't understand simple definitions.

Now you will do flips for pages and pages cause your caught in the wrong and you can't do anything about it now.

Go rewatch the movie and come back when you can actually understand what happened.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Killing Zod was to protect others, Cap was in WWII. Not murder.

Now Superman taking Zod from the sparsely populated countryside and trying to fight him in downtown Smallville, that was negligent and any/all deaths that happened can be levied at his negligence. So maybe manslaughter?

Which is my point. Innocent people were likely killed in smallville and metropolis. He could've flown Zod and baited him away from the big city. They destroyed entire buildings. I would call it first degree murder mind you. But if harshly judged, it could be 2nd degree or manslaughter.

Time-Immemorial
So you didn't watch the movie.

"We will kill a million more."

Zod knew the humans was his weak point.

Quit trying to lie and misrepresent characters. Hence targeting a major city..

Jesus dude. You really are a troll.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Killing in the line of duty a not murder.

Period, end of story not my problem you can't understand simple definitions.

Now you will do flips for pages and pages cause your caught in the wrong and you can't do anything about it now.

Go rewartch the movie and come back when you can actually understand what happened.

Let me know when you're right about something, and I'll take a look then. Hasn't happened yet. You do realize that manslaughter is 3rd degree MURDER. It's called MURDER. If you consider Superman negligence manslaughter, which it most certainly could be, and thus third degree MURDER... he MURDERED people. You should know better than to get into a debate with me T.I. But I do like how you think you've proved yourself right, when in fact, you were wrong once again.

Robtard
Which is my point. Innocent people were likely killed in smallville and metropolis. He could've flown Zod and baited him away from the big city. They destroyed entire buildings. I would call it first degree murder mind you. But if harshly judged, it could be 2nd degree or manslaughter.

Henceforth MoS will be known as Manslaughterman

Doesn't even have to change his logo, the krptonian 'S' symbol can stand for "Slaughter"

Nibedicus
Man of Slaugther?

Nibedicus
Henceforth MoS will be known as Manslaughterman

Doesn't even have to change his logo, the krptonian 'S' symbol can stand for "Slaughter"

What does the "S" stand for?

It's the Kryptonian symbol for Homicide.

Time-Immemorial
Let me know when you're right about something, and I'll take a look then. Hasn't happened yet. You do realize that manslaughter is 3rd degree MURDER. It's called MURDER. If you consider Superman negligence manslaughter, which it most certainly could be, and thus third degree MURDER... he MURDERED people. You should know better than to get into a debate with me T.I. But I do like how you think you've proved yourself right, when in fact, you were wrong once again.

You think I afraid to debate you? You end up losing to Quan most timeslaughing out loud

You are simply wrong.

Let me know when you have proof Superman or Cap murdered anyone

Robtard

It's the Kryptonian symbol for Homicide. Originally posted by Nibedicus
Man of Slaugther? thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you didn't watch the movie.

"We will kill a million more."

Zoe knew the humans was his weak point.

Quit trying to lie and misrepresent characters.

Hence targeting the city...

Jesus dude. You really are a troll.

I just clowned you with my last post. But nothing new there, whenever we have a discussion. Learn legal terminology before trying to have a discussion with me. It will save you some embarrassment.

The issue isn't about Zod intentions or his plans. That has ZERO to do with what we are talking about. Though, in your desperation I can see why you brought it up. Nobody is denying he had murderous intentions. The question remains is, did superman have to kill him, or could he have chose another way. Simple.

Further, even when he was in the city, he chose to STAY in the city. They were flying around, Zod chasing after Superman. He couldn't lured him away from the city. He didn't. He chose to fight there, and likely many people died because of it. No, it wasn't first degree murder, but he could easily spend time in jail and likely would'

Time-Immemorial
http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Why-Superman-Killed-Zod-Man-Steel-According-Screenwriter-90957.html

>your opinion, mr. clown shoes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You think I afraid to debate you? You end up losing to Quan most timeslaughing out loud

You are simply wrong.

Let me know when you have proof Superman or Cap murdered anyone

Quan beats me LMAO LOL HAHA. Now I know you're desperate to even say such a thing. Do you think people make fun of quan because he's a good debater? He's awful at it. Everybody knows it, including you. He doesn't beat me, ever.

Listen, don't get upset because you were just proven wrong, and know it. You didn't even know manslaughter is considered murder. Murder is in the title of the damn crime. Next time read up before starting to boast like you actually won something.

Time-Immemorial
Do you think cause you can go around lying your way through a debate and misrepresenting a character that makes you a shoe winner?

Darth Thor
That whole post was obviously a joke. stick out tongue I guess you take your DC very seriously.

If you wanna be serious, well, the best way I can explain it is the fact that the humor in the Marvel movies probably softens the blow during all the killing, we almost don't feel the deaths at all, while the overly dark and humorless themes in BvS just kinda exacerbates it. That's the best way I can explain it. At least from my perspective/opinion.

I mean, remember Keaton Batman? He killed like it was his hobby. But ppl laughed it off/cheered instead. I'm expecting the same thing in Suicide Squad. Lots of ppl laughing while the audience cheers.

Well I defend DC where I think it's being unfairly attacked. As I would for Marvel, but Marvel doesn't really need defending nowadays as everyone loves it. But believe me it wasn't always the case. At one time Marvel needed defending and I would go furious at the attackers.

It's a fair point about the tongue in cheek thing. But I like to think Marvel isn't totally tongue in cheek, and was actually it's more serious scenes when IM and Cap killed tbh.

Killing Zod was to protect others, Cap was in WWII.

Cap kills in Avengers as well.

It's the Kryptonian symbol for Homicide.

Ha! Now jokes like that are funny

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>