Darth Sidious (RotJ) and Darth Vader vs. Darth Sidious (TPM) and Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

TPM Sidious is before he kills Plagueis.

Syndicate
Team 2 in all.

The Ellimist
up

JKBart
Gap between TPM and RotS+ Palpatine is smaller than between Vader and Plagueis, tbh.

SunRazer
Team 2 wins, probably in all of them.

Rebel95
Team 1

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Rebel95
Team 1

The Ellimist
Reasons?

EmperorSidious2
Well Obvioulsy ROTJ Sidious is stronger than TPM Sidious.

I honestly don't see a huge gap between Plagueis and Vader, or at least not as big as the gap between the different incarnations of Sidious. Plagueis does have the speed edge, but Vader has the skill and strength edge. Also Vader isn't a statue, he's been shown to move incredibly fast. I'm not going to say as fast as Plagueis, but fast enough to not be blitzed or outmaneuver end so easily. I also see Vader's TK as just as strong if not a tad bit stronger than Plagueis. With all of that it would be a really tough fight, but Vader would last longer against Plagueis, than TPM, would last against ROTJ.

diomiosio123
bane n zannah would beat both teams

hutchy1345
team 2

Syndicate
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2

I honestly don't see a huge gap between Plagueis and Vader, or at least not as big as the gap between the different incarnations of Sidious. Plagueis does have the speed edge, but Vader has the skill and strength edge. Also Vader isn't a statue, he's been shown to move incredibly fast. I'm not going to say as fast as Plagueis, but fast enough to not be blitzed or outmaneuver end so easily. I also see Vader's TK as just as strong if not a tad bit stronger than Plagueis. With all of that it would be a really tough fight, but Vader would last longer against Plagueis, than TPM, would last against ROTJ.

How much do you think he grew in power? And what makes you think he grew that much from TPM to RotJ?

Rebel95
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2

Well said. I agree with all of this

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Syndicate
How much do you think he grew in power? And what makes you think he grew that much from TPM to RotJ?

I think it's reasonable to say he grew a decent amount. Certainly from RotS to RotJ he spent like two decades studying the Force in "all its guises", with perhaps the broadest collection of Force resources ever, and his feats seem to improve (although this could be the result of his having more leeway now that he's Emperor). It's then explicitly stated that he grows stronger by Dark Empire, by which point he has mastered virtually every known power, and invents ones on a whim.

Why wouldn't he have improved between TPM and RotS if he did so much in every other time period? He would not have had as much free time, but he'd have had something.

He also grows more powerful just by killing Plagueis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.