Trump, schools, and guns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Even Trump might have a tough time recovering from this one. Parents on both sides of the aisle tend to be pretty unforgiving..

Basically, he said guns shouldn't be in schools, but he feels some "should' probably have guns.

Tbh, I kind of respect him for saying it. Most of the focus is on psychological preventative measures.. Who's at risk, what the role of teachers are in identifying them, what the environment should be like.

But once you're at critical mass, the conversation kind of breaks down. School don't want to foot the bill for an armed presence, parents don't want guns anywhere near their kids, and school shooting are so rare that there's not much pressure on how to deal with a shooting in progress. We're still at "call the police and hope for the best", which obviously doesn't work too well..

Omega Vision
Most schools have armed officers on campus already. That's about the best you can do without turning schools into fortresses.

Surtur
I know a lot of schools in the inner city here do not have armed people. I'm not talking about colleges, but public grammar schools and high schools. Though some of the high schools have metal detectors. This one high school forces the kids to all have clear bookbags so you can see through them so you know what they have on them.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by cdtm
Even Trump might have a tough time recovering from this one. Parents on both sides of the aisle tend to be pretty unforgiving..

Yea that's old news, having a hard time recoving from thislaughing out loud

Nah, as no damage was done. Like gun free zones, real damage is done.

It's xyz!
Maybe they should teach shooting guns to 17 and 18 year olds.

Think about it, if everyone knows how to use a gun, then they don't become as intimidating and lose their value as a viable option.

"Im gonna kill all dese mafukas!"
300 guns are pointing your way
"Maybe not today"

Surtur
Originally posted by It's xyz!
Maybe they should teach shooting guns to 17 and 18 year olds.

Think about it, if everyone knows how to use a gun, then they don't become as intimidating and lose their value as a viable option.

"Im gonna kill all dese mafukas!"
300 guns are pointing your way
"Maybe not today"

Or at the very least these gang bangers learn to shoot straight. Then it lessens the chance of them shooting little kids in the face accidentally.

Flyattractor
People in those PTA/School Board meetings have a a better change of getting arrested and hauled off to jail for speaking out against The Left Wing Agendas happening in U.S Schools now more then anything else.

It's xyz!
Does gangbang mean something else in the us?
Originally posted by Surtur
Or at the very least these gang bangers learn to shoot straight. Then it lessens the chance of them shooting little kids in the face accidentally.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
People in those PTA/School Board meetings have a a better change of getting arrested and hauled off to jail for speaking out against The Left Wing Agendas happening in U.S Schools now more then anything else. This is pretty true.

Id hate to see how things look when I'm in my 40s.

Surtur
Where are you from? Gang bangers is a term for gang members. Like people with guns and shiznit. A lot of gangs are in bad neighborhoods of Chicago, so I hear about them shooting and killing someone everyday. Black lives matters of course doesn't show up.

But yeah, it's like 1 out of every 4 people killed by the gang bangers are innocent bystanders. That isn't a stat I read, but it just seems like that is how often it's someone innocent getting hit.

Actually recently here we had a gang that specifically murdered a 9 yr. old on purpose as a type of retaliation.

It's xyz!
I'm from the uk. And I always thought gangbang meant something sexual. Originally posted by Surtur
Where are you from? Gang bangers is a term for gang members. Like people with guns and shiznit. A lot of gangs are in bad neighborhoods of Chicago, so I hear about them shooting and killing someone everyday. Black lives matters of course doesn't show up.

But yeah, it's like 1 out of every 4 people killed by the gang bangers are innocent bystanders. That isn't a stat I read, but it just seems like that is how often it's someone innocent getting hit.

Actually recently here we had a gang that specifically murdered a 9 yr. old on purpose as a type of retaliation.

But as for these gang neighbourhoods, I've heard it's not just Chicago. I hear Columbus and Philadelphia have crazy shit like this going on too. Like if you're driving through, don't stop, don't even slow down. Get the **** out there.

This is a different issue to schools, Thankfully they're concentrated areas. Maybe just spread awareness of these areas as no go zones? I really don't know.

Surtur
Oh it's definitely not just Chicago, it's just Chicago is one of the worst. Every major city has gangs, and I'm sure smaller cities do too. Yes a gangbang is also a sexual thing too. So I guess here it has a dual meaning.

But public schools near me do things like requiring all students to have clear bookbags. Some have metal detectors too.

It's xyz!
Is this just something that always was though? Like, it seems since bowling for columbine was released and nwa became popular all your news talks about is gun crime, but it was nothing new. I'm sure it was happening a lot before the 90s.

What is wrong with your country?

Surtur
Is this just something that always was though? Like, it seems since bowling for columbine was released and nwa became popular all your news talks about is gun crime, but it was nothing new. I'm sure it was happening a lot before the 90s.

What is wrong with your country?

Crime really began to rise all over the country in the 1970s. So it goes back to before the 90s, I just guess as time passed it got more and more coverage, but nothing much changes. BLM riot over cops killing someone, but these bad neighborhoods..it's hard to describe. You know how when you are playing a videogame and you are in a nice area and then you wander into an area that just looks..broken and desolate and you know some enemies are just around the corner.

Then you have the really surreal parts of the city because you have some suburbs that are super nice and have very little crime and yet..you will have a crime infested area literally just 8 blocks away.

As for the country, a lot is wrong. With our justice system, with our healthcare, with a lot of things. We also do need more restrictions on guns, people should need to show they are worthy of owning them. If they do I have no problem with a citizen who have proven he knows how to handle a firearm. I'm sure we have people on this forum who own weapons and know how to use them properly and safely. But not every gun owner is like that.

ArtificialGlory
But as for these gang neighbourhoods, I've heard it's not just Chicago. I hear Columbus and Philadelphia have crazy shit like this going on too. Like if you're driving through, don't stop, don't even slow down. Get the **** out there.
Don't forget Detroit and Baltimore.

It's xyz!
Interesting. Could the civil rights movement be the reason? I mean, the least violent places in America are places like Vermont and West Virginia. One happens to be quite liberal, the other being uneducated and poor. Yet violence is low in these states, but high in neighbouring states like New York and Ohio. Originally posted by Surtur
Crime really began to rise all over the country in the 1970s. So it goes back to before the 90s, I just guess as time passed it got more and more coverage, but nothing much changes. BLM riot over cops killing someone, but these bad neighborhoods..it's hard to describe. You know how when you are playing a videogame and you are in a nice area and then you wander into an area that just looks..broken and desolate and you know some enemies are just around the corner.

Then you have the really surreal parts of the city because you have some suburbs that are super nice and have very little crime and yet..you will have a crime infested area literally just 8 blocks away.

As for the country, a lot is wrong. With our justice system, with our healthcare, with a lot of things. We also do need more restrictions on guns, people should need to show they are worthy of owning them. If they do I have no problem with a citizen who have proven he knows how to handle a firearm. I'm sure we have people on this forum who own weapons and know how to use them properly and safely. But not every gun owner is like that.

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Don't forget Detroit and Baltimore. Detroit really got owned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.