Best of the Best (1989)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Worst movie of the 1980's?

Just watched it for the first time in years, and my god is it bad. Worse than Commando, by far.

The tournament didn't even make logical sense. A director not KNOWING basic common sense things didn't make sense. Like the term "Out on his feet". A guys just standing there, hands down, staring up at the ceiling with eyes rolled back: "NOOO, he's gonna kill him!" "WHY isn't he knocking him out!"

And I have no problem with dramatic license like Daniel San's Crane Kick or other things that don't work, but that's just stupid.

-Pr-
First of all, Commando is a masterpiece of an action/comedy.

Honestly though, it's been years since I saw Best of the Best.

marwash22
Originally posted by -Pr-
First of all, Commando is a masterpiece thumb up thumb up

no qualifications needed.

haven't seen 'Best of the Best' in more than a decade, but my brother, cousin and i loved it when we were kids. It was part of our VHS rotation, along with 'Bloodsport', 'Enter the Dragon', 'Kickboxer', 'Hard to Kill', 'Rumble in the Bronx', etc.

marwash22
damn, this has me reminiscing about movies from the 90's.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7d/Angelfist_VideoCover.png/220px-Angelfist_VideoCover.png

this was a classic b-movie staple at our sleepovers that we watched when we knew the adults in the house were sleep.

laughing out loud

Kazenji
Jeph Loeb was one of the writer's for Commando.

-Pr-
Originally posted by marwash22
thumb up thumb up

no qualifications needed.

haven't seen 'Best of the Best' in more than a decade, but my brother, cousin and i loved it when we were kids. It was part of our VHS rotation, along with 'Bloodsport', 'Enter the Dragon', 'Kickboxer', 'Hard to Kill', 'Rumble in the Bronx', etc.

That is a fine, fine line-up. Though with me it was the first two Jackie Chan Police Story movies too.

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
Worst movie of the 1980's?

Just watched it for the first time in years, and my god is it bad. Worse than Commando, by far.
One of the BEST movies of the 80s, i'll have you know.
The scene where Dae Han offers himself as brother to Tommy Lee can make grown men cry.

And Commando was awesome.

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
One of the BEST movies of the 80s, i'll have you know.
The scene where Dae Han offers himself as brother to Tommy Lee can make grown men cry.

And Commando was awesome.

If only you can splice the action scenes from Kickboxer and Bloodsport in with BotB's good bits. Plus James Earl Jones, I'll admit, can outshine anything. smile

riv6672
He is CNN.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.