Would Phasing work on Kryptonians/Hulk and Thor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Speedsters like Reverse Flash/Zoom can move their limbs at high speeds to enable them to phase through solid objects. In combat against beings with the durability of Hulk/Zod/Superman etc, would they be able to pass their hands through their bodies?

Just curious

Darth Thor
Who knows?

I guess those speedsters (and Vision) need the feats to show the level of durability they can effect with that ability.

Nibedicus
Way I see it, is that they certainly COULD phase thru them but once they unphase themselves to do damage, they'd suffer damage themselves as the internal organs of said heroes would still be far greater than their human-level durability.

I could imagine that it would hurt their targets like the dickens tho.

Surtur
In Smallville the first season had a dude phase through Clark's stomach. It caused him some pain, but he was okay once the guy stopped. But then remember Smallville Clark has an insane healing factor.

Darth Thor
^ S1 Smallville doesn't really prove anything even for Smallville Clark, because in that season bullets used to bruise him IIRC.

In any case depends on the rules set out in each property. Maybe Supergirl has an episode where it does nothing to her, but then MOS is in a film where it does hurt him.

And as I said before depends on phasing feats of the speedsters. But Nibedicus makes a good point about the speedsters materializing in a body more durable than their own.

FrothByte
Well they should be able to phase, problem is that when they try to solidify, the molecules of the tougher material will displace the molecules of the more fragile material. Meaning Zoom or Flash's hands would be completely crushed by the tougher alien tissue of Thor or Superman or Hulk.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well they should be able to phase, problem is that when they try to solidify, the molecules of the tougher material will displace the molecules of the more fragile material. Meaning Zoom or Flash's hands would be completely crushed by the tougher alien tissue of Thor or Superman or Hulk.

Well said

Darth Thor

Which leaves a good case for Vision's phase attacks to be massively more effective given his Vibranium laced body.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Which leaves a good case for Vision's phase attacks to be massively more effective given his Vibranium laced body.

True. I think it's safe to say that Vision phasing through Superman, Thor or Hulk would hurt all three. Question is how much will it hurt Vision as well?

With Flash and Zoom and the other speedsters, in a realistic world, their hands would simply get pulped with Superman/Thor/Hulk barely blinking.

Nibedicus
True. I think it's safe to say that Vision phasing through Superman, Thor or Hulk would hurt all three. Question is how much will it hurt Vision as well?

With Flash and Zoom and the other speedsters, in a realistic world, their hands would simply get pulped with Superman/Thor/Hulk barely blinking.

I would say it would hurt them, tho. :P I would imagine that pieces of human fingers clogging up your arteries (gamma irradiated or alien arteries of cement, but arteries nonetheless) would be quite annoying.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I would say it would hurt them, tho. :P I would imagine that pieces of human fingers clogging up your arteries (gamma irradiated or alien arteries of cement, but arteries nonetheless) would be quite annoying.

Unless your arteries are tougher than human fingers, in which case the molecules of your arteries would simply push away the molecules of the human fingers, push them all the way out of your body which basically means them human fingers are turned into pulp.

Nibedicus
Unless your arteries are tougher than human fingers, in which case the molecules of your arteries would simply push away the molecules of the human fingers, push them all the way out of your body which basically means them human fingers are turned into pulp.

It's possible. Not sure how phasing works but I can certainly imagine this happening.

I always saw phasing as a slow "materialization" within the body. Once you materialize your finger within the tougher material, it gets crushed within the tougher material instead of being forced out.

But yeah, not an expert in fiction physics so your scenario is just as valid as mine.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ S1 Smallville doesn't really prove anything even for Smallville Clark, because in that season bullets used to bruise him IIRC.

In any case depends on the rules set out in each property. Maybe Supergirl has an episode where it does nothing to her, but then MOS is in a film where it does hurt him.

And as I said before depends on phasing feats of the speedsters. But Nibedicus makes a good point about the speedsters materializing in a body more durable than their own.

The bullet thing was inconsistent because he'd taken bullets before with no harm. Granted the bullets that bruised him were from an automatic weapon, but he survived explosions with no harm, got hit by a bus going 40 mph and didn't budge and the bus was just all smashed. At the end of the season he shrugs off yet another explosion(a car bomb). So I don't see how the phasing thing doesn't prove anything.

There was also this guy who could turn you to ash by touching you and Clark survived it. He started to feel weak from it, but he obviously didn't get turned to ash.

Darth Thor
^ You remember your S1 well. Not seen any of that season in a long time, but the show was probably at its best then.

Surtur
Yeah it was a great season. I think it really peaked in seasons 2-3. I mean season 3 had some great episodes, like when Lex gets put in the insane asylum.

Darth Thor
Oh yeah. That was a good 2 parter. Those were the days when I was really upset Lex will go full evil one day and be Clarks biggest hater.

Arachnid1
Well they should be able to phase, problem is that when they try to solidify, the molecules of the tougher material will displace the molecules of the more fragile material. Meaning Zoom or Flash's hands would be completely crushed by the tougher alien tissue of Thor or Superman or Hulk. I'd disagree. The fact that vibranium can be made impure and therefore weaker shows that molecules of weaker materials can mix in fine. It doesn't matter how dense you are, it wont displace the molecules. If someone phases a hand into your brain and solidifies it, your brain would not be able to function. The nerves and tissues would be rendered useless. That person would also lose a limb, but it would be an instant kill.

Phasing is kind of a b*tch button on these forums, but its valid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.