The Ones of Mortis Run The Yu-Gi-Oh! Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
A series of YGO monsters appear on Mortis and attack the Ones. The Ones are now considering whether Abeloth is their greatest enemy...

The Father, the Son, and the Daughter run the following gauntlet:

Warmup: Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth

1. Exodia the Forbidden One

2. The Aesir (Odin, Thor, Loki)

3. The Sacred Beasts (Uria, Hamon, Raviel)

4. The Egyptian Gods (Slifer, Winged Dragon of Ra, Obelisk the Tormentor)

5. The Wicked Gods (Wicked Avatar, Wicked Dreadroot, Wicked Eraser)

Boss: Zorc Necroshade

Flashpoint Boss: Armityle the Chaos Phantom

Operation Boss: The Creator-God of Light, Horakhty

diomiosio123
exodia is a auto win so lose first round

MythLord
I question how the Wicked Gods are superior to the Egyptian Gods. Pegasus did create them with that intent, but the cards themselves were unstable.
Anyways, Horakhty might stop them, but they could also clear.

Fated Xtasy
The nerdiness in this thread brings me joy tbh ;3

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Where the **** is Numeron Dragon? smile

MythLord
Somewhere safe where he won't Godstomp the Ones.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Also, if we're assuming this is like an unbound Exodia, then they go down at 1, kek. He should also be far higher in the gauntlet if that's the case.

SunRazer
I thought Exodia was the guardian of the EG's?

SunRazer
Originally posted by MythLord
I question how the Wicked Gods are superior to the Egyptian Gods. Pegasus did create them with that intent, but the cards themselves were unstable.
Anyways, Horakhty might stop them, but they could also clear.

The Wicked Avatar is pure hax, lol. It can replicate any of the Ones' forms and will always be slightly stronger. Not seeing what the EG's have on par with that in the context of this fight, and didn't it take an advanced form of Obelisk to destroy The Wicked Avatar?

MythLord
The Wicked Avatar is meant to be the opposite of Ra, but unstable and was destroyed by Obelisk the Progenitor who, while in the same tier of hierarchy as Ra, is still inferior.
The Wicked were meant to keep the Gods in check, but are ultimately unfinished, even if sporting immense power. And their hax, quite frankly, isn't something that'll pose more trouble to the Ones in a fight than the actually EGs.

SunRazer
Would you rate them above the Sacred Beasts?

MythLord
The Wicked Gods? Certainly.

SunRazer
Really? Why?

MythLord
Basically the fact that, while still inferior, all of them are meant to be rivals to their respective Egyptian Gods. Plus, I think it's plausible that the Sacred Beasts fall into the Yu-Gi-Oh God hierarchy, which basically dictates they can't do jack shit to Ra and the Avatar who are on a totally different rank of power.

SunRazer
I was under the impression that they were both dark counterparts to the Egyptian gods. I'm not versed on what the Sacred Beasts have done in the manga, if at all, though.

Wasn't it said that their being unleashed would end the world or something?

SunRazer
Also, regarding how the Wicked Gods compare to the Egyptian Gods against the Ones - if none of the Egyptian Gods can actually beat the Ones, then the Wicked Avatar is a safer bet, IMO, since it will naturally become more powerful than any of the Ones.

MythLord
Actually, the Avatar's effect simply works on beings who are below it in the Hierarchy, hence why it worked on Obelisk/Slifer, but why it couldn't work against Ra and Progenitor. Since the Ones are not a part of the hierarchy because they're from a different universe, I don't think that haxx can apply to them, at all.

SunRazer
That's like saying TWA can't do that to anyone outside of its universe. We use an equating system to make sure that TWA isn't rendered powerless. Besides, the Ones are embodiments of a cosmic power, but nonetheless are embodiments - they're also reflections of the life force around them. Not seeing why they won't be affected.

MythLord
Because they don't fall into the Yu-Gi-Oh hierarchy. Besides, even if they are in the hierarchy in Yu-Gi-Oh, they'd be on at least the same rank as Ra and the Wicked Avatar, thus rendering the Avatar's haxx mute.

SunRazer
Again, that's like rendering TWA powerless when it fights any non YGO character. That's absurd. Characters are always given the capacity to operate their powers in these cross-over battles.

Do you agree with Armityle being above Zorc, though?

MythLord
But it isn't the same thing. The haxx the Wicked Avatar has are specifically related to the Gods. Hence why Yako says Obelisk/Slifer can't beat the Avatar because he's a higher God rank. This refers specifically to how the Gods are ranked next to each other. The Ones have nothing to do with that.
And even if we were to place them in the hierarchy, they'd still at least be on the same rank as Ra, Progenitor and Avatar, thus rendering the Avatar's hax irrelevant.

Meh, it depends how much stock you put into Zorc's feats. The Gods, and their inferior(Blue Eyes) had an upper hand against him until he blocked out the sun, thus hindering them/amping himself. Assuming that's the case Armityle might be superior.

SunRazer
Originally posted by MythLord
But it isn't the same thing. The haxx the Wicked Avatar has are specifically related to the Gods. Hence why Yako says Obelisk/Slifer can't beat the Avatar because he's a higher God rank.

Sure, but it applies to more than just the Egyptian Gods.

Neither does almost any other fictional character, but we have to equate them to similarly powerful characters in YGO. Otherwise, we can just as easily assume that the Ones are powerless since the Force doesn't exist in this cross-over reality.

I asked you why they'd be on the same level as Ra and co. and you failed to expand on that.

Yeah, and it seems to be implied that an unrestricted Exodia would've beaten it as well.

Assuming what's the case? That it doesn't get weakened by the absence of the sun?

On a side note, do you think Armityle is more powerful than Yubel?

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Sure, but it applies to more than just the Egyptian Gods.
Neither does almost any other fictional character, but we have to equate them to similarly powerful characters in YGO. Otherwise, we can just as easily assume that the Ones are powerless since the Force doesn't exist in this cross-over reality.

Fair enough on that, then.

I asked you why they'd be on the same level as Ra and co. and you failed to expand on that.

Then I'm blind because I didn't see it. But basically: The Wicked Gods and the Egyptian Gods are hyped up to be multi-planetary, at best, on an individual basis. The Ones of Mortis were going to destroy the galaxy(which is confirmed to have hundreds of planets) through their arguing and Abeloth, who is arguably weaker than all of them, at her peak was eating planets for breakfest and could only be held by a station that, while in early construction, has pulled planets, stars and black holes and contained them from a vast distance. This is the type of stuff that would honestly mark the Ones ahead of everyone in Yu-Gi-Oh besides perhaps Numeron Dragon and Horakhty.

Yeah, and it seems to be implied that an unrestricted Exodia would've beaten it as well.

Indeed.

Assuming what's the case? That it doesn't get weakened by the absence of the sun?
On a side note, do you think Armityle is more powerful than Yubel?

Assuming Zorc only did as well as he did because of blocking out the sun and yes assuming Armityle isn't hindered by that.
Also, I'd say Yubel. She was controlled/taimed the Sacred Beasts, IIRC.

SunRazer
@MythLord -

Actually, Abeloth can just as easily be argued to be their superior. And if the EG's are multi-planetary on an individual basis, that actually does put them within a comparable range of the Ones, who, individually, are only multi-system tier, since it's the combined power of their feuding that threatens to tear apart the galaxy.

Moreover, even the Sacred Beasts would end the world with their mere presence. That in of itself implies that they're multi-planetary - and if the EG's are their superiors, then would that not suggest that each of the EG's are also multi-system tier, comparable to the Ones? I do think the Ones would beat them, but it wouldn't be easy.

Regarding Yubel controlling the Sacred Beasts - having access to the cards and using them doesn't make you their better. After all, even Kagemaru could use them, but he's obviously not their superior.

I find Numeron Dragon a contradiction to Horakhty, who is supposed to have been the one who created the universe.

MythLord
Actually, Abeloth can just as easily be argued to be their superior.

From what I recall, the Father on his own and the Son and Daughter together defeated her prior to growing on a higher plane of existence

And if the EG's are multi-planetary on an individual basis, that actually does put them within a comparable range of the Ones, who, individually, are only multi-system tier, since it's the combined power of their feuding that threatens to tear apart the galaxy.

Moreover, even the Sacred Beasts would end the world with their mere presence. That in of itself implies that they're multi-planetary - and if the EG's are their superiors, then would that not suggest that each of the EG's are also multi-system tier, comparable to the Ones? I do think the Ones would beat them, but it wouldn't be easy.

Here's the problem: the Ones are above just multi-system tier. Just the side effect of the Daughter's and Son's conflict could've destroyed a galaxy which possesses hundreds of planets. And this is before they ascend to a higher existence on Mortis, IIRC. At that point, they wouldn't just destroy the galaxy, but the universe itself. Heck, you can argue Palpatine to be planetary, and the Ones are all far and away his superiors. If they were to be ranked as Gods next to the EGs or the Wickeds, I'd definitely put them on a higher rank.

Regarding Yubel controlling the Sacred Beasts - having access to the cards and using them doesn't make you their better. After all, even Kagemaru could use them, but he's obviously not their superior.

Not just the cards. I recall her having the power to control their physical form, as well.

I find Numeron Dragon a contradiction to Horakhty, who is supposed to have been the one who created the universe.

I don't. The Numeron Dragon created the universe, Horakhty is the ultimate God who created everything. Thanks to Zorc and Yubel, we know there's multiple dimensions/universe in Yu-Gi-Oh. From that, I assume Horakhty created all of the universes and Numeron Dragon, who then created his own universe.

SunRazer
@MythLord - Don't recall Yubel controlling the actual monsters, but fair enough on Horakhty and the Numeron Dragon.

Regarding the Ones, Mortis is what kept them in check, but the rest is agreeable.

MythLord
@MythLord - Don't recall Yubel controlling the actual monsters, but fair enough on Horakhty and the Numeron Dragon.

Yeah I'm not too sure about Yubel myself. I'll need to

Regarding the Ones, Mortis is what kept them in check, but the rest is agreeable.

Mortis was also created by the Father as a pocket dimension, IIRC. Since then, they grew in power, IIRC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.