Silver Samurai vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NotAllThatEvil
Silver samurai and Black Panther fight in Stark Tower. Both have basic knowledge of eachother. SS gets his younger body. Who has better armour, the adamantium kozane or the vibranium body suit?

Robtard
Always bet on black

Time-Immemorial
BP

NotAllThatEvil
I don't know. SS has a sword that cuts through adamantium. It'll probably work on vibranium, but I don't see how BP can hurt SS.

KingD19
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I don't know. SS has a sword that cuts through adamantium. It'll probably work on vibranium, but I don't see how BP can hurt SS.

Except that it won't.

The sword worked because apparently despite what they said in X2 about Adamantium becoming unbreakable once it hardens, his sword is hot enough to simply melt it.

The problem with Panther is that his suit is Vibranium, and Vibranium absorbs, negates, and redirects all kinds of energy. So the heat from the blade would simply be leeched off by the suit, robbing it of it's power. So it'd be like smacking him with a glowy, really sharp stick. And do nothing.

And Panther has tangled with 2 guys(Cap/Bucky) who have plenty of strength feats to put them above Wolverine, and looked pretty damn good. If Logan's strong enough to block that sword and take it, so is T'Challa. His claws would probably even cut the armor if a simple heat sword can.

Robtard
While that's what vibranium is supposed to do, it has a shaky history in the MCU.

One scene Cap's shield is able to completely protect him from a full-on attack by a Mjolnir wielding Thor by absorbing and redirecting the energy outward, then it fails to do the same with much less powerful attacks.

The energy blast during the train scene in CA:TFS, the grenade launcher during the highway scene in CA:TWS, Cap was sent flying from the impacts. There's a few more.

NotAllThatEvil
Caps vibranium shield could be scratched up by BP claws. Given logan's history I'm sure that sharp adamantium could cut vibranium, especially when its super heated.

KingD19
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Caps vibranium shield could be scratched up by BP claws. Given logan's history I'm sure that sharp adamantium could cut vibranium, especially when its super heated.

He didn't scratch Cap's shield. He scratched the paint off of it. It's originally silver, shown when Peggy shot at him. And they just painted it in the 50's to be the symbol of America.

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
While that's what vibranium is supposed to do, it has a shaky history in the MCU.

One scene Cap's shield is able to completely protect him from a full-on attack by a Mjolnir wielding Thor by absorbing and redirecting the energy outward, then it fails to do the same with much less powerful attacks.

The energy blast during the train scene in CA:TFS, the grenade launcher during the highway scene in CA:TWS, Cap was sent flying from the impacts. There's a few more.

My explanation for that is that with the Mjolnir strike, despite it's shockwave, it was all centered at a single point, and Cap was under it so the shockwave went out above him and he was safe.

The energy blast and the grenade launcher sent him flying because they were omnidirectional explosions and you can't fully brace against that. For example when he got blasted out of the station by that grenade in Avengers. He jumped up and curled behind the shield. It protected him fine, but since he was floating in the air and had no brace, he still got launched backward.

BruceSkywalker
T'Challa stomps and stomps hard

Vanguard
TChalla

FrothByte
Curious whether BP's suit will stop blunt trauma. Certainly didn't seem so in the movie. So it's possible SS can just break his bones with sword strikes.

TheVaultDweller
If he could tag him, maybe. The Samurai was not particularly fast or agile though. In fact, he was pretty slow and clunky. And while the individual plates of the suit were extremely tough, they were still vulnerable in some areas, where they interlocked. Case in point, Wolverine was strong enough to pull parts loose.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte
Curious whether BP's suit will stop blunt trauma. Certainly didn't seem so in the movie. So it's possible SS can just break his bones with sword strikes.

doubtful, but since T'Challa is clearly faster than Silver Samurai; Silver Samurai won't be getting the chance to even touch him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.