Quicksilver vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Go!

Time-Immemorial
QS shit stomps, why even make a stupid thread like?

quanchi112
Estacado's ass is definitely bleeding.

KingD19
Loki gets a million punches at time-stop speeds.

quanchi112
Nah.

KingD19
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah.

Oh I'm sorry. You got some proof there Loki can even see Quicksilver, much less stop him?

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
Oh I'm sorry. You got some proof there Loki can even see Quicksilver, much less stop him? Illusions, trickery, his punches didn't do shit to Apoc. Loki has survived far worse than that crybaby mutants fists. For ****s sake.

KingD19
How will illusions and trickery work when Loki is a statue? Loki will still be in the process of forming thoughts when he's hit with a barrage of punches that he can't defend against.

quanchi112
How will illusions and trickery work when Loki is a statue? Loki will still be in the process of forming thoughts when he's hit with a barrage of punches that he can't defend against. Who took QS out in the film and took him prisoner ?

laughing out loud

Apoc reacted. Loki can fake his own death. For ****s sake watch the films you dolt.

Newjak
I don't think Quicksilver has the damage output to take Loki down

KingD19
Who took QS out in the film and took him prisoner ?

laughing out loud

Apoc reacted. Loki can fake his own death. For ****s sake watch the films you dolt.

You should watch the films. Apoc used a power to react to QS, which Loki can't do. QS won't be distracted and shoehorned so the movie can progress in this fight.

Loki will be frozen in time like everyone else dipshit.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Newjak

Then your a idiot to think that. He clearly had insane strength in speed mode. You being a Thor wanker wont help your cause.

Newjak
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Then your a idiot to think that. Well you'e an a-hole so there's that.

Seriously though offensively all we see from QS is that fight with Apoc where he clearly is not doing any damage to him other than knocking him around and Loki is one tough SOB himself.

SO prove that Quicksilver has the damage output to hurt Loki.

EDIT:

laughing out loud I see you edited your post to attempt hide your attacking nice try. Once again though Apoc pretty easily tanked QS' attacks and Loki is no slouch in the durability department.

Time-Immemorial
You are the ultimate ahole, you ran around handing out warnings in a off topic thread to pad your ego.

Newjak
You are the ultimate ahole, you ran around handing out warnings in a off topic thread to pad your ego. Is that your only go to. Something that I was asked to do and rule on.

I guess I am speaking to the guy that tracked me down on facebook to insult me through messages.

Time-Immemorial
No idea what you are talking about. I dont even have FB. Must have been one of the many other people that cant stand youlaughing out loud

Back to you being wrong about this, QS wins, deal with it.

Estacado
I guess I am speaking to the guy that tracked me down on facebook to insult me through messages.

Beware he will hunt you down...

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Newjack has a sensitive ego. He gets real sensitive about his power here.

quanchi112
You should watch the films. Apoc used a power to react to QS, which Loki can't do. QS won't be distracted and shoehorned so the movie can progress in this fight.

Loki will be frozen in time like everyone else dipshit. He reacted and guess what Loki has powers too, vague boy.

So now we ignore the soldiers koing him. Typical ignoring the facts.

Who did QS ko comparable to Loki ? Apoc reacted and humans ko'd him. Why didn't QS react ?

Time-Immemorial
Well you'e an a-hole so there's that.

Seriously though offensively all we see from QS is that fight with Apoc where he clearly is not doing any damage to him other than knocking him around and Loki is one tough SOB himself.

SO prove that Quicksilver has the damage output to hurt Loki.

EDIT:

laughing out loud I see you edited your post to attempt hide your attacking nice try. Once again though Apoc pretty easily tanked QS' attacks and Loki is no slouch in the durability department.

Hide what, I said you are an idiot.

Now you look stupid.

QS wins, deal with it.

Newjak
No idea what you are talking about. I dont even have FB. Must have been one of the many other people that cant stand youlaughing out loud

Back to you being wrong about this, QS wins, deal with it. OMG dude you seriously, I think, need professional help. You do realize I have that message in my inbox still and I am friends with other people that know who you are on facebook right? Even if you deleted your account it is still there. I am going to drop this because this is stupid. But I will warn you that you are already on thin ice so do not insult other posters including myself.

Also prove that QS has the damage output to hurt Loki.

Time-Immemorial
Prove it was me, this is Imp's forum, we can do whatver we want here, we all insult each other, your warning is pathetic. Read the entire forum, its filled with insults, you are the only one who cant take it.

Speaking of insults, hypocrite much?

Well you'e an a-hole so there's that.

carver9
Quicksilver stomps.

Adam Grimes
Stalemate or Quicksilver stomps.

Darth Thor

Well knocking Apoc around is pretty impressive tbh. If he does that to Loki it could wind up being a Hulk tossing him case.

On the other hand not sure how durable Apoc is behind his shields, so it's hard to say.

Time-Immemorial
He was not durable at all, a sword almost cut his head off.

TheLordofMurder
He was not durable at all, a sword almost cut his head off.

Gross exaggeration; this exaggeration borders on lying...

She made a small slit on his throat; she didnt even reach his spine...

What she did was nowhere near beheading and barely even registered to Apoc...

That attack accomplished nothing but the opportunity for Apoc to show off his regeneration...

Time-Immemorial
It showed his skin is weak. She cut him deep and if logan did it, he would have lost his head. Speaking of lying, you lie and make feats up every time you post.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Gross exaggeration; this exaggeration borders on lying...

She made a small slit on his throat; she didnt even reach his spine...

What she did was nowhere near beheading and barely even registered to Apoc...

That attack accomplished nothing but the opportunity for Apoc to show off his regeneration...

This truth bothers Time...

Time-Immemorial
Your really mad you got caught lying many times, even Carthage said you were wrong.

TheLordofMurder
Your really mad you got caught lying many times, even Carthage said you were wrong.

I was right; I proved it...

Time-Immemorial
Cause you said you proved it, that means you did?

You can't describe the screen feats, what you did describe is Charles attacking him with an astral attack, which is why Apoc wanted Charles powers.

Concession accepted.

TheLordofMurder
Cause you said you proved it, that means you did?

You can't describe the screen feats, what you did describe is Charles attacking him with an astral attack, which is why Apoc wanted Charles powers.

Concession accepted.

I wont help you with your own pi$$ poor memory...

If you cant remember what happened in the movie, then maybe you need to amp your brains processing power somehow...

Utrigita
Well it's either going to end with Quicksilver beating Loki to submission or Quicksilver just being unable to damage Loki to any significant degree. Loki isn't catching Quicksilver, at least not based on what he has shown so far imo.

Time-Immemorial
I wont help you with your own pi$$ poor memory...

If you cant remember what happened in the movie, then maybe you need to amp your brains processing power somehow...

You can't even remember what Charles said.laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder

You cant even remember what happened... laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial

And now your resorting to petty copy cat games cause your that much of a bone smoking idiot.

TheLordofMurder
You cant even remember what happened... laughing out loud

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
I dont even remember what happened... laughing out loud

thumb up

Arachnid1
Originally posted by carver9
Quicksilver stomps. This with ease.

quanchi112
thumb up thumb up

wakkawakkawakka
So what are these guys supposed to do to each other? I'm not sure if QS can hurt Loki but at the same time Loki has no means of tagging QS either.

StealthRanger
Can someone tell me what Loki can do to even DOFP Quicksilver, who would make Loki a statue?

Newjak
Originally posted by Utrigita
Well it's either going to end with Quicksilver beating Loki to submission or Quicksilver just being unable to damage Loki to any significant degree. Loki isn't catching Quicksilver, at least not based on what he has shown so far imo. I don't agree with this assessment. If QS can not really hurt Loki then QS will lose. Why we saw that QS is frail enough to be hurt and if he is stopped at all he can be hlbeaten pretty easy.

We also saw in this movie that QS can get winded and tired after the mansion scene. So he can be worn down

Darth Thor
^ But we also saw he's a capable of powerful combo punches at super speed.

Newjak
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ But we also saw he's a capable of powerful combo punches at super speed. Yes but once again what type of damage output do those punches have. Apocalypse was able to tank pretty easy and Loki is no slouch in the durability department.

Darth Thor
Yes but once again what type of damage output do those punches have. Apocalypse was able to tank pretty easy and Loki is no slouch in the durability department.

Not sure about tanking it easily.

If he was easily tanking it he wouldn't have budged. Plus we don't know the damage that would have been done had QS continued.

Of course Loki is incredibly durable, but he has been put down, and QS clearly has some heavy output to dish out.

Surtur
his punches didn't do shit to Apoc.

The only reason for you to say this would be if you for some reason think Loki has toughness that rivals Apocalypse.

ares834
Even if we assume QS's punches won't hurt Loki, QS can use Loki's own weapons against him.

quanchi112
Why can't Loki fake his own death ? Suddenly Loki doesn't get to fight in character. I am not amused.

Utrigita
I don't agree with this assessment. If QS can not really hurt Loki then QS will lose. Why we saw that QS is frail enough to be hurt and if he is stopped at all he can be hlbeaten pretty easy.

We also saw in this movie that QS can get winded and tired after the mansion scene. So he can be worn down

How will Loki catch QS? What feats does he have to suggest that he can? And the mansion scene was extremely taxing to Quicksilver I agree, but Loki will be nowhere near as taxing imo.

quanchi112
How will Loki catch QS? What feats does he have to suggest that he can? How did the humans ko him ?

Newjak
Not sure about tanking it easily.

If he was easily tanking it he wouldn't have budged. Plus we don't know the damage that would have been done had QS continued.

Of course Loki is incredibly durable, but he has been put down, and QS clearly has some heavy output to dish out. People getting knocked around by weaker foes is not something new in comic movies. All we know is that PS hit Apoc with his best shots and Apoc was able to take them and come out unscathed.

Originally posted by Surtur
The only reason for you to say this would be if you for some reason think Loki has toughness that rivals Apocalypse. Loki's doesn't have to be as tough as Apoc. I'm just pointing out the only time we've seen QS be offensive he did jack to Apoc. So it call into question just what kind of damage output he has especially considering what Loki has taken in the past.

How will Loki catch QS? What feats does he have to suggest that he can? And the mansion scene was extremely taxing to Quicksilver I agree, but Loki will be nowhere near as taxing imo. I'm not sure Loki will be able to catch QS but I think me might be able to outlast him. After all it doesn't matter how many times QS hits Loki if they are doing no damage to him. All Loki has to wait for is QS to slip up once and it is over.

0mega Spawn
Are you serious...QS wins easily

quanchi112
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Are you serious...QS wins easily Based on ?

Darth Thor
People getting knocked around by weaker foes is not something new in comic movies. All we know is that PS hit Apoc with his best shots and Apoc was able to take them and come out unscathed.

I was arguing the idea that Apoc Easily Tanked those punches. That clearly wasn't the case. He was clearly affected by them. And I'm also questioning how long Apoc could have taken those punches for.

Bear in mind though he had to over exert himself in the space of a couple of seconds. And he was already moving at super speed when he got to the Mansion which means he probably just ran there at high speeds.

That won't be the case in a 1 v 1 fight against someone who can't even perceive him (presumably).

wakkawakkawakka
It's possible for Loki to outlast QS but he's not just some brick either so the best chance for Loki to win is to get hits/illusions in when QS tires out IMO

Time-Immemorial
People getting knocked around by weaker foes is not something new in comic movies. All we know is that PS hit Apoc with his best shots and Apoc was able to take them and come out unscathed..

Loki's doesn't have to be as tough as Apoc. I'm just pointing out the only time we've seen QS be offensive he did jack to Apoc. So it call into question just what kind of damage output he has especially considering what Loki has taken in the past.

I'm not sure Loki will be able to catch QS but I think me might be able to outlast him. After all it doesn't matter how many times QS hits Loki if they are doing no damage to him. All Loki has to wait for is QS to slip up once and it is over.

Not at all. QS takes his weapon while in Time Stop and kills him with it.

Or

It doesn't matter how many time QS hits him?? So you think he can tank a million super speed super strength punches to the face, or rag dolls him a billion time.

Killing him instantly

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
It's possible for Loki to outlast QS but he's not just some brick either so the best chance for Loki to win is to get hits/illusions in when QS tires out IMO

Outlast someone who stops time?

laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
I don't agree with this assessment. If QS can not really hurt Loki then QS will lose. Why we saw that QS is frail enough to be hurt and if he is stopped at all he can be hlbeaten pretty easy.

He got winded because he had to move so fast to save all those people and he showed up after it already started exploding. He prolly had to exceed his limit for a short time. Even so, where is to say he could not speed again right after? If I am winded from a jog or run, I can still run more.

This was painfully obvious.

carver9
Lol...Apocalypse was screaming out in pain when Quicksilver was punching him. He did not tank those hits. Anybody thinking Loki could even react to Quicksilver before getting laid to sleep is trolling. This is a non fight.

Adam Grimes
Why can't Loki fake his own death ? Suddenly Loki doesn't get to fight in character. I am not amused. So you want him to be a coward and run away. thumb down

Utrigita
I'm not sure Loki will be able to catch QS but I think me might be able to outlast him. After all it doesn't matter how many times QS hits Loki if they are doing no damage to him. All Loki has to wait for is QS to slip up once and it is over.

Based on the damage QS could generate in his first showing, when he with a tap of his finger sent a grown man flying through the air, breaking concrete while running, I personally think that his hits will generate quite a punch enough to damage Loki. Even should that fail QS can grap Loki, run with him up a building turn around and accelerate Loki on the way down.

Time-Immemorial
^undeniable

carver9
This fight is laughable. If anyone who's posting in this thread had a choice to be Quicksilver or Loki in this fight, every last one of them would choose QS, and that's including Quan who is just riding certain people up that tend to fall for his bait. Quan debate for the lesser character a lot of times and people fall for it. A lot of you that has been debating against the guy for yrs should know this (but still fall for it). Anyways, QS beats him easily.

Time-Immemorial
It's not just Quan who is prolly trolling, it's Newjack who actually believes Loki can win. I think that's worse.

Time-Immemorial
Lol...Apocalypse was screaming out in pain when Quicksilver was punching him. He did not tank those hits. Anybody thinking Loki could even react to Quicksilver before getting laid to sleep is trolling. This is a non fight.

Newjak
Based on the damage QS could generate in his first showing, when he with a tap of his finger sent a grown man flying through the air, breaking concrete while running, I personally think that his hits will generate quite a punch enough to damage Loki. Even should that fail QS can grap Loki, run with him up a building turn around and accelerate Loki on the way down. And you honestly believe that is anywhere close to Thor or Hulk or even an Ironman repulsive blast? And how much force would that generate exactly running and down a building. I mean as fast QS was he still very obviously had limits as the blast was still going on around him.

Arachnid1
Based on the damage QS could generate in his first showing, when he with a tap of his finger sent a grown man flying through the air, breaking concrete while running, I personally think that his hits will generate quite a punch enough to damage Loki. Even should that fail QS can grap Loki, run with him up a building turn around and accelerate Loki on the way down. Plus when he pulled the curtain off the wall, the force of it shattered the entire wall. He was also running around throwing the kids a good 200+ feat away from the mansion with a small push that used a fraction of the force he could dish out.

He beats Loki senseless and Loki will feel every punch. This fight is over quicker than Loki's encounter with Hulk.

Zack M
Quicksilver.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This fight is over quicker than Loki's encounter with Hulk.

Quicker due to the nature of fighting Quicksilver. But will take a heck of a lot more hits from QS than Hulk dished out.

Arachnid1
Quicker due to the nature of fighting Quicksilver. But will take a heck of a lot more hits from QS than Hulk dished out. thumb up

Not arguing with that.

Utrigita
And you honestly believe that is anywhere close to Thor or Hulk or even an Ironman repulsive blast? And how much force would that generate exactly running and down a building. I mean as fast QS was he still very obviously had limits as the blast was still going on around him.

Stronger then Iron Man repulsive blasts? I think so yes, one of the repulsor blasts struck a man square in the chest, and he toke a fly, same happened with a tap from Quicksilver. I'll honestly admit that I have no way to calculate the force behind each, but the reaction seemed similar. Is the tap stronger then Thor or Hulk? obviously not, but is ten, maybe 100 punches going to affect Loki? Absolutely imo, even more so based on the showings Quicksilver had in Apocalypse, as mentioned by Arachnid1.

It's the force, grap Loki, run him up a building, then turn around the accelerate him the entire way down and smash him into the concrete at the ground level, or hell just drop him over and over.

I agree, but Loki has absolutely no reaction feat that I can think off, that even remotely suggest he can tag Quicksilver.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
So you want him to be a coward and run away. thumb down Faking his own death isn't running away, dumbass. Loki wins.

quanchi112
This fight is laughable. If anyone who's posting in this thread had a choice to be Quicksilver or Loki in this fight, every last one of them would choose QS, and that's including Quan who is just riding certain people up that tend to fall for his bait. Quan debate for the lesser character a lot of times and people fall for it. A lot of you that has been debating against the guy for yrs should know this (but still fall for it). Anyways, QS beats him easily. I am making a case for Loki who does win. Quit crying about it you pansy.

Adam Grimes
Faking his own death isn't running away, dumbass. Loki wins. Then how is faking his death going to help him here if it's not to escape?

TheLordofMurder
Quicksilver crushes this weak Avengers foe into the dirt while quanchi112 cries in the background woefully...

Loki would be a statue compared to QS's combat speed and gets bltized into oblivion before he can get off a single spell...

You need someone like the great and mighty Apocalypse to defeat Quicksilver...

wink

Happy Dance

Time-Immemorial
People getting knocked around by weaker foes is not something new in comic movies. All we know is that PS hit Apoc with his best shots and Apoc was able to take them and come out unscathed.

Loki's doesn't have to be as tough as Apoc. I'm just pointing out the only time we've seen QS be offensive he did jack to Apoc. So it call into question just what kind of damage output he has especially considering what Loki has taken in the past.

laughing out loud

Wrong

Time-Immemorial

laughing out loud

He had the damage output to knock Apoc around and make him scream in pain.

Come back when you come up with a real arguement.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Then how is faking his death going to help him here if it's not to escape?

Lmao at faking his death. He shoulda used that tactic right before Hulk smashed him in

Time-Immemorial
And you honestly believe that is anywhere close to Thor or Hulk or even an Ironman repulsive blast? And how much force would that generate exactly running and down a building. I mean as fast QS was he still very obviously had limits as the blast was still going on around him.

laughing out loud

Newjak
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Thread>you

Time-Immemorial

So why was Apoc screaming in pain?

Time-Immemorial
Yes but once again what type of damage output do those punches have.

You literally can't be serious. Or you are just flat out trolling here.. Finger flicks could send grown men flying and he had Apoc screaming in pain. Once again you trying to cover your ass in the Thor department by downplaying QS when fighting with Loki.

carver9
I can't believe this fight is still active. Asgardians are loved in the movie section. Some of you all need to visit the comic vs forum more often.

Newjak
So why was Apoc screaming in pain? Apocalypse literally was looking at QS focusing to catch his foot. He then casually walked over after not taking any damage and broke his leg.

So once again Apocalypse took QS' best without sustaining any damage. So once again prove that QS has the damage output to take down Loki. I mean if the best is knocking a human around in the first film and A pic tanking them no problem you have a wide gap of power there and Loki is durable as hell

Time-Immemorial
This was after he was screaming in pain.

QS goes and gets a nuke and shoves it down his throat.

Nibedicus
Apocalypse literally was looking at QS focusing to catch his foot. He then casually walked over after not taking any damage and broke his leg.

So once again Apocalypse took QS' best without sustaining any damage. So once again prove that QS has the damage output to take down Loki. I mean if the best is knocking a human around in the first film and A pic tanking them no problem you have a wide gap of power there and Loki is durable as hell

Dude, if QS decides to body slam Loki face first into the ground at Mach 200, he's not going to get back up.

Just to get some background on how fast mach 200 is, the projectile fired from a rail gun is around mach 5-10 tops. That's over 20x the speed of a railgun projectile face first into the pavement.

If you think Hulk's "puny god" move was bad. This is like many times orders of magntitude worse.

Newjak
This was after he was screaming in pain.

QS goes and gets a nuke and shoves it down his throat. Apocalypse didn't make a sound in the entire scene and he very calm after being hit by. QS uses his power to grab his foot

Newjak
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Dude, if QS decides to body slam Loki face first into the ground at Mach 200, he's not going to get back up.

Just to get some background on how fast mach 200 is, the projectile fired from a rail gun is around mach 5-10 tops. That's over 20x the speed of a railgun projectile face first into the pavement.

If you think Hulk's "puny god" move was bad. This is like many times orders of magntitude worse. First off how did you even get the number? Secondly we have already seen the damage output for QS and it wasn't even enough to hurt Apocalypse. Plus Loki has already taken explosions to the face without injury.

Nibedicus
First off how did you even get the number? Secondly we have already seen the damage output for QS and it wasn't even enough to hurt Apocalypse. Plus Loki has already taken explosions to the face without injury.

Well, explosions go at around 1800-3000 m/s (around mach 5-9).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detonation_velocity

I feel like you need to be 20x-30x faster than something to be watching it at slo mo and still be able to play with things like debris and messing around, etc.

Of course, feel free to correct me or tell me what you think the correct number is, as naturally, extrapolation is involved here.

We see what the damage output of his punch, w/c we can't quantify as we don't know what Apoc's actual durability is or what its limitations are.

Are you saying he can't carry something and slam it into the ground? Are you saying all he can do is punch?

KingD19
He was screaming, QS was just moving so fast the sound never generated.

Newjak
Well, explosions go at around 1800-3000 m/s (around mach 5-9).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detonation_velocity

I feel like you need to be 20x-30x faster than something to be watching it at slo mo and still be able to play with things like debris and messing around, etc.

Of course, feel free to correct me or tell me what you think the correct number is, as naturally, extrapolation is involved here.

We see what the damage output of his punch, w/c we can't quantify as we don't know what Apoc's actual durability is or what its limitations are.

Are you saying he can't carry something and slam it into the ground? Are you saying all he can do is punch? When we are talking about large numbers I would think in some cases even going twice as fast still allow you to view somethings in slow motion. Remember there was a point where he was just tossing people outside windows trying to keep ahead of the blast.

Also if that really was his max speed or the speed he was going at everybody he touched would have disintegrated or basically become a pile of goo. And he can do more than punch but considering he is relying on acceleration to create the force of his attacks it won't matter if the punches someone or runs them into a well it will still be the same force.

Time-Immemorial
He was screaming, QS was just moving so fast the sound never generated.

thumb up

Newjak
He was screaming, QS was just moving so fast the sound never generated. He was in so much pain he couldn't even focus on a speeding target enough to snare him... oh wait he did just that. His mouth was open hat doesn't automatically indicate pain nor does it indicate screaming in pain. After all Apocalypse showed no damage seconds after stopping QS

Time-Immemorial
^Ignorant post.

Loki has no where the power of Apoc.

Mach 200 slams

/thread

Nibedicus
When we are talking about large numbers I would think in some cases even going twice as fast still allow you to view somethings in slow motion. Remember there was a point where he was just tossing people outside windows trying to keep ahead of the blast.

Also if that really was his max speed or the speed he was going at everybody he touched would have disintegrated or basically become a pile of goo. And he can do more than punch but considering he is relying on acceleration to create the force of his attacks it won't matter if the punches someone or runs them into a well it will still be the same force.

Dude, are you kidding me? He was able to do like 20 different things and covered the distance of the mansion zipping around many times and even had time to mess around before the explosion even managed to cross a few feet.

I mean, look at this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pmlwQL4pQ

Exactly at 1:05.

He crossed to Cyclops' position in an instant while the explosion was barely even moving. 20-30 is a SMALL estimate. I would go hundreds of times faster if I was being realistic.

2x is a ridiculous lowball number and you know it.

And yes, if we followed physics, everyone would liquify on contact against Quicksilver. But you can't deny how fast he moves if he wants to and if push comes to shove (if his punches aren't hurting Loki), he can just lift Loki and body slam him.

KingD19
He also showed no injury seconds after Mystique sliced his jugular wide open. What's your point?

And he had to activate a power to even see QS.

Newjak
Dude, are you kidding me? He was able to do like 20 different things and covered the distance of the mansion zipping around many times and even had time to mess around before the explosion even managed to cross a few feet.

I mean, look at this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pmlwQL4pQ

Exactly at 1:05.

He crossed to Cyclops' position in an instant while the explosion was barely even moving. 20-30 is a SMALL estimate. I would go hundreds of times faster if I was being realistic.

2x is a ridiculous lowball number and you know it. like I said at the very end he seemed to be struggling to keep past the explosion even jumping out the window at the end.

Also do you think someone with half the speed of light wouldn't appear super slow to someone with light speed speed

Nibedicus
like I said at the very end he seemed to be struggling to keep past the explosion even jumping out the window at the end.

Also do you think someone with half the speed of light wouldn't appear super slow to someone with light speed speed

You don't base a character's top performable action on his lowest "feat". You base it on his best "feat". And he wasn't struggling. At all. He had time to mess around, relax, get a drink of water, eat pizza and not even take it seriously.

I'd be lucky if I can run at 1/3 the speed of Usain Bolt, but I doubt I'm moving in slo mo to him.

And it's not only just how things "look" to you, it's what you can do in comparison to the thing you're perceiving. If you can run 20 feet before something crosses 1 foot, you are 20x faster than it. Look at the distance QS covered and the distance the explosion covered. There is no ifs and buts here. He is easily 20-30 times as fast as the explosion on a LOW estimate. Hundreds (high hundreds) of times if we are being literal.

Look at the "feat", he ran cyclops out far outside the mansion came back for Moira and Mystique and brought them to the same place even before the explosion got close. He was zipping across and taking students out as the floor was uber slowly expanding from the explosion to our perception and he was still moving way faster than we can see him. Seriously.

Come on, man.

Time-Immemorial
Jack has no clue what you are talking about and in straight denial about QS.

Nibedicus
Literally you have no clue what you are talking about and in straight denial about QS.

Hey hey! quote him man! :P ppl might think you're talking to me.

Time-Immemorial
Re looksmile

Nibedicus
Re looksmile

I didn't see the Jack part. stick out tongue

Retracted.

Newjak
You don't base a character's top performable action on his lowest "feat". You base it on his best "feat". And he wasn't struggling. At all. He had time to mess around, relax, get a drink of water, eat pizza and not even take it seriously.

I'd be lucky if I can run at 1/3 the speed of Usain Bolt, but I doubt I'm moving in slo mo to him.

And it's not only just how things "look" to you, it's what you can do in comparison to the thing you're perceiving. If you can run 20 feet before something crosses 1 foot, you are 20x faster than it. Look at the distance QS covered and the distance the explosion covered. There is no ifs and buts here. He is easily 20-30 times as fast as the explosion on a LOW estimate. Hundreds (high hundreds) of times if we are being literal.

Look at the "feat", he ran cyclops out far outside the mansion came back for Moira and Mystique and brought them to the same place even before the explosion got close. He was zipping across and taking students out as the floor was uber slowly expanding from the explosion to our perception and he was still moving way faster than we can see him. Seriously.

Come on, man. And if you run 1000 feet in a second but I run 2000 feet in a second I have still covered a much greater distance and am only twice as fast and I would he able to outpace you extremely quickly.

Also it isn't his lowest feat considering it was part of his greatest feat. You can't just cherry pick everything you like but dismiss what don't want. It was a great feat but it also showed his limitations.

Time-Immemorial
It didn't show any limitations now you just talking out your ass. It was a monster feat and you are low balling and ignoring feats cause of major Thor bias wank.

Newjak
It didn't show any limitations now you just talking out your ass. It was a monster feat and you are low balling and ignoring feats cause of major Thor bias wank. Except that was clearly on his last legs towards the end barely keeping up with the explosion even jumping out the window and was clearly gassed afterwards.

Nibedicus
And if you run 1000 feet in a second but I run 2000 feet in a second I have still covered a much greater distance and am only twice as fast and I would he able to outpace you extremely quickly.

Also it isn't his lowest feat considering it was part of his greatest feat. You can't just cherry pick everything you like but dismiss what don't want. It was a great feat but it also showed his limitations.

Except that it didn't cross 1000 feet or a hundred or even one or two. It crossed less than a few feet when QS crossed hundreds of feet multiple times. I showed you the scene and timestamped it for your convenience. Do the math. This is not an additive difference. It's a multiplicative one. Simple arithmetic here....

If you take the entire act as a whole, sure, it was his "greatest feat". But it was a massive endeavor with many individual actions composing it. You are taking the lowest "part/single act" of the endeavor and trying to lowball the entire "feat" with it. And that doesn't even lowball it successfully as he was STILL moving too fast for us to perceive even when the explosion was expanding in slow mo.

Isn't it a bit silly of you accusing me of cherrypicking when I gave you multiple quantifiable instances that prove my point and you have that one instance (that doesn't even prove anything)?

I mean, where's this denial coming from?

ares834
Except that was clearly on his last legs towards the end barely keeping up with the explosion even jumping out the window and was clearly gassed afterwards.

Luckily enough for QS, he could go a quarter of that speed and Loki still couldn't tag him.

Newjak
Except that it didn't cross 1000 feet or a hundred or even one or two. It crossed less than a few feet when QS crossed hundreds of feet multiple times. I showed you the scene and timestamped it for your convenience. Do the math. This is not an additive difference. It's a multiplicative one. Simple arithmetic here....

If you take the entire act as a whole, sure, it was his "greatest feat". But it was a massive endeavor with many individual actions composing it. You are taking the lowest "part/single act" of the endeavor and trying to lowball the entire "feat" with it. And that doesn't even lowball it successfully as he was STILL moving too fast for us to perceive even when the explosion was expanding in slow mo.

Isn't it a bit silly of you accusing me of cherrypicking when I gave you multiple quantifiable instances that prove my point and you have that one instance (that doesn't even prove anything)?

I mean, where's this denial coming from? Dude I think you missed the point of the thousand foot comparison.

Even if you can run 1000 feet a second and I can run 2000 feet per second I will have greatly outpaced you. I would have been able to run an entire circle around you no problem. The point is you don't have to be 20 to 30 times faster to outpace something substantially you can still do so even being only twice as fast

And during those scenes you can see the explosion continually expand. And I'm not downplaying the feat. It was awesome but ignoring the parts that show the limitations for your own gain is cherry picking the feat.

Nibedicus
1) Dude I think you missed the point of the thousand foot comparison.

2) Even if you can run 1000 feet a second and I can run 2000 feet per second I will have greatly outpaced you. I would have been able to run an entire circle around you no problem. The point is you don't have to be 20 to 30 times faster to outpace something substantially you can still do so even being only twice as fast

3) And during those scenes you can see the explosion continually expand. And I'm not downplaying the feat. It was awesome but ignoring the parts that show the limitations for your own gain is cherry picking the feat.

1) And you seem to be attempting to move the debate into an irrelevant and completely out-of-topic direction to divert from the debate at hand. Perhaps moving the goal posts to distract from your mistaken "twice as fast slo mo perception" theory?

2) And that has no relevance in the debate we are having. At all. Relevant to the topic at hand, this was obviously a multiplicative difference. 1 foot vs dozens to hundreds of feet. Simple math.

3) Quantify these "limitations", don't beat around the bush. It being visually expanding will have no bearing on how fast QS can run if you don't quantify it as he was STILL running faster than we can perceive him (even when we, the audience, was perceiving the explosion moving in uber slow mo).

Time-Immemorial
Except that was clearly on his last legs towards the end barely keeping up with the explosion even jumping out the window and was clearly gassed afterwards.
Originally posted by ares834
Luckily enough for QS, he could go a quarter of that speed and Loki still couldn't tag him.

laughing out loud

#owned

Newjak
1) And you seem to be attempting to move the debate into an irrelevant and completely out-of-topic direction to divert from the debate at hand. Perhaps moving the goal posts to distract from your mistaken "twice as fast slo mo perception" theory?

2) And that has no relevance in the debate we are having. At all. Relevant to the topic at hand, this was obviously a multiplicative difference. 1 foot vs dozens to hundreds of feet. Simple math.

3) Quantify these "limitations", don't beat around the bush. It being visually expanding will have no bearing on how fast QS can run if you don't quantify it as he was STILL running faster than we can perceive him (even when we, the audience, was perceiving the explosion moving in uber slow mo). It's not a distraction it is a statement. You don't have to go 29 or 30 times the speed o greatly out pace something. It expanding does matter because it means QS isn't fast enough for it to be standing still. You pulled the Mach 200 number out of thin air now you're trying to justify it without doing an real math.

Time-Immemorial
You dont even know how fast he was goingthumb up

And his first feat in DOFP was clocked over 9000mph to 20,000mph.

The mansion feat was like 100 times larger, if not more so.

Nibedicus
It's not a distraction it is a statement. You don't have to go 29 or 30 times the speed o greatly out pace something. It expanding does matter because it means QS isn't fast enough for it to be standing still. You pulled the Mach 200 number out of thin air now you're trying to justify it without doing an real math.

An irrelevant statement. With no other purpose but to say it? Sure. Whatever. /shrug

And wow. I didn't pull the number out of thin air at all. Have you not been reading what I posted?

Speed of explosion (Mach 5-9).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detonation_velocity

Quicksilver moving at least 20-30 feet in an instant (less than a second) before explosion moves a few inches (even carrying Cyke outside the mansion).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_pmlwQL4pQ

Exactly (1:05). Watch it carefully.

Want me to provide jpeg visual aides or something?

Mach 5-10, explosion moving at less than a foot vs 20-30 feet movement. This gives a reasonable range of moving multiples of way over 20-30x times. Mach 200 was a reasonable extrapolation (w/c I said it was).

Please point out where my number was baseless and "out of thin air".

This is as simple as 1 + 1 = 2 (or, closer to the topic at hand: 5x40=200). If you're not getting it then I'm not sure how much else I can explain this to you.

Time-Immemorial
Nib, read this.

Wow. I mean, I knew Quicksilver was fast, but 9091 m/s (20,000 mph) fast? No, I didn’t think that. But let’s hold on for a second. Maybe I’m wrong. Wrong as in:

I overestimated the length of the guy’s arm for the speed of the bullet. Let’s just say I over estimated the size by 25%. That would make the speed 0.75 times smaller.
What if I over estimated the size of the distance Quicksilver moved during this one stride. I think 1 meter is already too short, but let’s say it was just 0.75 meter.
I guessed a bullet speed of 250 m/s. What if it was just 200 m/s (couldn’t be much slower than that). That would decrease Quicksilver’s speed by another factor of 200/250.
Putting all of these lower end estimates in, his speed would decrease by (0.75*.75*.8 = 0.45). This would make Quicksilver’s speed 4091 m/s (9151 mph). Still fast.

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/whos-faster-flash-or-quicksilver/

Nibedicus
Nib, read this.

Wow. I mean, I knew Quicksilver was fast, but 9091 m/s (20,000 mph) fast? No, I didn’t think that. But let’s hold on for a second. Maybe I’m wrong. Wrong as in:

I overestimated the length of the guy’s arm for the speed of the bullet. Let’s just say I over estimated the size by 25%. That would make the speed 0.75 times smaller.
What if I over estimated the size of the distance Quicksilver moved during this one stride. I think 1 meter is already too short, but let’s say it was just 0.75 meter.
I guessed a bullet speed of 250 m/s. What if it was just 200 m/s (couldn’t be much slower than that). That would decrease Quicksilver’s speed by another factor of 200/250.
Putting all of these lower end estimates in, his speed would decrease by (0.75*.75*.8 = 0.45). This would make Quicksilver’s speed 4091 m/s (9151 mph). Still fast.

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/whos-faster-flash-or-quicksilver/

Yeah, I read that one. The new "feat" is ridic as it seems to be many orders of magnitude over the old one.

Time-Immemorial
Yes, considering the mansion is like 500 times bigger then that small room. And he showed up after the explosion already started, thats why I think he was at minimum 100 times faster but prolly 1000 times faster.

So if we take the average of the two speeds suggested we get about 15,000 mph, and if we multiply that by lets say low numbers 200 times.

Thats 3,000,000 mph.

If we do 15,0000 X 500 we get 7,500,000 mph.

Darth Thor
Actually I think it was me who pulled out Mach 200 out of nowhere. But thanks for justifying it Nibs.

Time-Immemorial
Its more then Mach 200, even if we take low estimates. His low speed for that feat would be 3,000,000 mph.

Nibedicus
Its more then Mach 200, even if we take low estimates. His low speed for that feat would be 3,000,000 mph.

It was a low estimate based on irrefutable observable proof to avoid ppl getting sore over the number (cuz you know they will). stick out tongue

Time-Immemorial
Yea we have some big thor jackoff's here who will fight to the end based on lies.

Khazra Reborn
Quicksilver. Unless Loki has developed magic plot power like Apocalypse, I don't see how he'd even land a hit.

TH3_V01D
Quicksilver stop time, steal an asgardian knife from Loki and puts against his skull

Dead Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.