Shaak Ti vs. Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Lightsabers only

Round 2: TK Battle

Round 3: All out

Can Shaak win?

JKBart
no

Selenial
Originally posted by JKBart
no

Puts up a better fight than Ahsoka tho smile

|King Joker|
Definitely not. smile

Kurk
Poor Shaak-Ti sad

carthage
Can Shaak Ti use telepathy?

MythLord
Originally posted by Selenial
Probably.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Definitely not. smile

MythLord
Definitely yes, tho smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by MythLord
Probably. Originally posted by MythLord
Definitely yes https://media.riffsy.com/images/c936f2050d754c024fef9e1b443b06fb/raw

MythLord
The latter.

|King Joker|
http://49.media.tumblr.com/b6cd3dafb6ca4e32b77fa889ec259153/tumblr_ntpfqvrlbC1ubr996o6_400.gif

The Ellimist
Joker isn't Ahsoka like 15 there

|King Joker|
15-16

Ti could probably put up a better fight against Vader than TCW Ahsoka. mmm I'll give her that. smile

AncientPower
What's Tano got on handing Galen Marek his ass?

carthage
Having her guard beaten down and being thrown off a pyramid thumb up

|King Joker|
Originally posted by AncientPower
What's Tano got on handing Galen Marek his ass? Not jumping on Vader's lightsaber.

carthage
To be fair Shaak did struggle with a Magnaguard. That's like Kas'im tier ineptitude with a saber

AncientPower
Not jumping on Vader's lightsaber.

Concession accepted.

ares834
Mismatch.

Vader in all three.

AncientPower
Originally posted by ares834
Mismatch.

Vader in all three.

New to Carthage threads are ya?

carthage
Someone's butthurt Shaak got owned by a robot thumb up

AncientPower
The only 'butthurt' here is your gradually receding relevance in the face of trolls who actually get reactions. The fact you have to invent said reactions in your own threads is pretty septic tank worthy.

carthage
Septic tank*

AncientPower
Now you're truly beaten, guys we should hold a one minute silence or something for Cart's death.

|King Joker|
Concession accepted. What did I concede?

Emperordmb
Now you're truly beaten, guys we should hold a one minute silence or something for Cart's death.
He'll have to earn it tbh

carthage
Nice ninja edit

The only moment of silence we should have, is for the English language when you butcher it

AncientPower
You posted nothing of relevance in reply, Marek's instinctual cheapshot notwithstanding Ti vastly outperformed Tano in her own engagement.

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
Nice ninja edit

The only moment of silence we should have, is for the English language when you butcher it

The guy is receding faster than Trump's hair, finish him DMB! Unleash your full Bane wank!

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He'll have to earn it tbh

Do you really want to hurt me?

|King Joker|
You posted nothing of relevance in reply, Marek's instinctual cheapshot notwithstanding Ti vastly outperformed Tano in her own engagement. Sorry, I thought you were joking. smile

Shaak Ti attempted a maneuver that would have resulted in both her and Galen's deaths. Usually when a combatant is vastly superior to their opponent they don't attempt suicide moves, but that's just me. I'll stick with believing the better feats are Ahsoka fighting evenly with Maul and holding her own against Darth Vader, thanks.

AncientPower
She was beating Marek in all three depictions of the fight, she tanked his lightning with Tutaminis in one, ragdolled him with Kinetite in another and in the third he could barely keep track of her movements.

Tano held her own against Maul in a short engagement and was fighting a losing retreat against Vader, congratulations. Impressive but not really comparable to be honest.

|King Joker|
She was beating Marek in all three depictions of the fight, I don't recall Ti beating Galen in the game. He kind of shat on her. She was calling upon the native Felucians to aid her and Galen still defeated her. In the novel Galen and Ti's fight was quite close, and in the graphic novel Galen mortally wounded her via Force repulse while constrained by the Sarlacc. And with all Ti's environmental advantages, Marek still overpowered her in the game and the comic, and in the novel her final assault was described as desperate. Shaak Ti being easily Marek's superior is kind of unfounded. Also, can you tell me why holding an edge over Felucia!Galen with the blade is better than dueling evenly with Maul and holding out against Vader? Galen doesn't have much in the way of lightsaber accomplishments at that point, so I don't understand why it's such a wanked feat. Ahsoka held out against more impressive duelists such as Maul and Vader, which I find noticeably more impressive. Originally posted by AncientPower
she tanked his lightning with Tutaminis in one, ragdolled him with Kinetite in another and in the third he could barely keep track of her movements. Okay, but none of that proves a large disparity in ability between them, when: Galen was fighting off native Felucians while dueling Ti simultaneously, mortally wounded Ti with Force repulse (in the graphic novel) and lightning (in the game), and used the Force liberally in the novel via throwing Sarlacc teeth and telekinetically halting Shaak Ti's blade in its place, in addition to Ti's assault being described as desperate and a possible attempt at mutually assured destruction. Shaak Ti's performance against an inferior opponent to both Maul and Vader does not prove superiority over Ahsoka.

Tano held her own against Maul in a short engagement and was fighting a losing retreat against Vader, congratulations. Impressive but not really comparable to be honest. Ahsoka was fighting evenly with Maul for about a minute IIRC, and fighting a losing battle against Darth Vader (Jesus Christ, how pathetic!) is still better than Shaak's accomplishments.

Emperordmb
https://i.imgflip.com/1481fj.gif

SunRazer
Yeah, Galen by that point isn't much in terms of saber skill.

Selenial
Originally posted by SunRazer
Yeah, Galen by that point isn't much in terms of saber skill.

What?

He didn't markedly improve anywhere before facing Vader, that I know of. The only quotes about progression seem to point to him honing power, not growing in it or saber skill. Shaak Ti was like his last trying test before the whole betrayal arc.

Got any quotes for this? I hope you're not referring to the Nar Shaddaa stuff.

Edit: Joker you seem to be insinuating Ahsoka is Galen Marek's equal, is that what you're saying? mmm

Beniboybling
On a LS nexus? Perhaps more than his equal I would think. yes

Selenial
Kek at assuming Ahsoka's feeble, rage filled mind could keep Felucia balanced in any way smile

Your erection appears to be clouding your already laughable judgement smile smile smile

|King Joker|
Edit: Joker you seem to be insinuating Ahsoka is Galen Marek's equal, is that what you're saying? mmm I'm saying Ahsoka is superior to Galen as of his fight with Ti.

Kek at assuming Ahsoka's feeble, rage filled mind could keep Felucia balanced in any way smile Ahsoka is basically an enlightened sage as of Rebels, so that's literally the exact opposite of her mindset. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ahsoka isn't Galen, but neither is Ti. smile

|King Joker|
Is Ahsoka peak!Galen level? No. Felucia!Galen? Yes, and better.

Emperordmb
Yeah Galen was kinda increasing physically, in the Force, and in skill, all throughout the novel tbh, all of which feed into lightsaber combat (I should think so since much of the trouble he had with Ti was phyiscal tbh).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@Joker: Well if you're comparing feats, good fugging luck proving that. smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@Joker: Well if you're comparing feats, good fugging luck proving that. smile http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8cCB0OAnx4Q/VdeGb3f33zI/AAAAAAAATVc/PhMOHsRtMRI/s1600/dont-worry-she-will-hold-together.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, for real tho, Galen's got some unholy feats of power even prior to facing Ti. smile

|King Joker|
I'm well aware. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The fact that no one's brought them up here is indicative of retardation. smile

|King Joker|
Probably, but shut up and don't give them ideas. smile

ILS
Since Shaak Ti is roughly as powerful as one Magnaguard I'm going to go ahead and say she wins.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ILS
Since Shaak Ti is roughly as powerful as one Magnaguard I'm going to go ahead and say she wins.

Maul = Embo's dog.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Maul = Embo's dog. http://jenniflower12.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/trying-not-to-laugh.gif

TheNuisanceBird

|King Joker|
http://customstarwars.x3.hu/holokron/shaak_ti_halala_tfu.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/6981f2dc49a39c6dbcd4fd1a4760a62f/tumblr_inline_n6pm1oiKPV1qa0uiu.jpg

SunRazer
What?

He didn't markedly improve anywhere before facing Vader, that I know of. The only quotes about progression seem to point to him honing power, not growing in it or saber skill. Shaak Ti was like his last trying test before the whole betrayal arc.

Got any quotes for this? I hope you're not referring to the Nar Shaddaa stuff.

Edit: Joker you seem to be insinuating Ahsoka is Galen Marek's equal, is that what you're saying? mmm

I'd assume that it's a progressive thing throughout the game/novel/comic, partly because he's a video game Force-sensitive character and they all progress in that way, but also given his struggles with Kota & Paratus earlier in the game. The one that had trouble with Kota is certainly not keeping up with Vader. Shaak fits somewhere in the middle of my perceived progression arc, so her being able to outskill Galen at that point only implies that she can pull off an Ahsoka, not better, IMO.

And in fairness, growth in power does tend to coincide with growth in skill. And as I said, most video game characters behave that way.

|King Joker|
There's multiple quotes saying how Galen improved after Felucia at various points in skill, power, and physical ability.

Petrus
Yeah, I don't buy this argument that because Shaak did so well against Felucia Galen, she is > Ahsoka as of Rebels.

During that fight, Shaak had absolutely everything going for her, and she still got her ass handed to her by a Galen who was not in his prime.

The felucians, the environment, Shaak's tactics, etc. do not hold up as a fair 1v1 fight against Galen. Ahsoka did well against Vader in Rebels, which counts for more than what Shaak did against a pre-peak Galen with basically all of Felucia aiding her, tbh.

Nephthys
In the novel Ti is owning him the whole fight and pretty much hands him the win because she juuust couldn't overwhelm him. In the actual game he does kick the shit out of her like he does in every fight with those quick time events.

Petrus
Well, what's higher canon? The novel or the game?

I haven't read TFU novel, to be frank. Does Shaak own Galen via the felucians and the environment, besides her own power?

Nephthys
The game imo. It's the primary, original source.

She owns him in sabers straight up I believe. In fact, Galen resorts to using the environment just to survive against her. He starts shocking the Sarlacc with lightning to unbalance her footing and ripping up teeth to throw at her in order to just stay the hell away from her before she clowns him.

Petrus
Yeah, that's totally not what happens in the game. And if the sources are contradictory, and if the game is higher canon, that means this particular fight in the novel is pretty much non-usable for debating.

cs_zoltan
Kek.

If you want to take the game over the book then Galen ragdolls Vader and Sidious thumb up

Beniboybling
Neither the game nor the book exist on a higher canon that one another, but where the game is governed by dismissable mechanics, the novel is not. Pretty obvious which one takes precedence.

MythLord
Originally posted by Nephthys
The game imo. It's the primary, original source.
Actually the novel, based on the script, was released first, IIRC.

Petrus
Is there a way to confirm which is higher canon?

Nephthys
Actually the novel, based on the script, was released first, IIRC.

It was still just based off of the game, which was in production first and was the origin point for the idea.

Syndicate

Syndicate

Nephthys
Anybody who tries to use Starkiller throwing Palpatine around like it's legitimate and not Sidious obviously just ****ing with him needs their heads examined imo.

Syndicate
Two things with that. First off, I'm stating that if people believe the game is more valid then any other representation of TFU and that cutscenes are valid showings then they shouldn't pick and choose to suit their own bias. They should take it all as it is. Galen actually moving an ISD so that it noticeably tilts upward? Take it and own up to it, otherwise admit that cut scenes have flaws. Secondly, I thought it was pretty obvious but apparently not so I'll clear this up for everyone. I have never at any point in my life thought Galen was capable of ragdolling Sidious. Whenever I've said that it's always been as a joke. While I think Galen is powerful ( even superior to RotJ Vader in terms of combative force capabilities ) I don't think he is more powerful then Sidious and personally I don't take many of the cutscenes in TFU as valid. The novel is the most valid representation of TFU in my eyes as it comes in the form of third person narrative for nearly its entirety.

DarthAnt66
Aren't you picking and choosing between various different mediums as well?

Pick a source (comic, novel, and game) and stick to it.

You can't just pick the best toppings of all three works, which you always do.

Bullshit. You've tried to rebut arguments that said Palpatine was just manipulating him on ComicVine numerous times.

Syndicate
I'm providing sources ( such as the game and comic ) because I know some people like to make a cohesive story with all of them and view them as supplementary material. Personally I'm a source book and novel guy but I figure I should provide evidence from all sources to those who use all of them. You can't always stick to how you do things personally in debates Ant.

Galen wasn't ragdolling Sidious there. He simply blasted him with a force push like Yoda did.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Syndicate
You can't always stick to how you do things personally in debates Ant.
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Irony-Jon-Winokur/dp/1250029716

Galen wasn't ragdolling Sidious there. He simply blasted him with a force push as Yoda did.
You've argued Starkiller ragdolled Palpatine, as per the comic, in the past (fairly recently too).

The fact you're now trying to write it off as that you were merely trolling all those instances when you weren't is pathetic.

Syndicate
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Irony-Jon-Winokur/dp/1250029716

You've argued Starkiller ragdolled Palpatine, as per the comic, in the past (fairly recently too).

The fact you're now trying to write it off as that you were merely trolling all those instances when you weren't is pathetic.

:P I make some concessions for others Ant. If not quoting like everyone else then at least providing them with evidence from all sources regardless if I see them as valid or not.

I'm sorry you think I'm pathetic Ant. I'm pretty sure I've only ever argued that here on KMC in jest though. If you could link me where I argued Galen ragdolled Sidious on CV or any other site for that matter it'd be much appreciated.

DarthAnt66
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/darth-krayt-vs-galen-marek-1653922/?page=3 (primarily toward the end. You say he incapacitated Palpatine which starts the debate).

And then the debate starts to heat up on page 4 until everyone leaves the thread after realizing you were serious.

EDIT: You also say Marek "downed" Palpatine with Force Lightning.

Syndicate
Vivas was trying to say that the feat itself was not legitimate which irritated me. Personally I believe it was a blast of power similar to the one Yoda demonstrated but him doubting my statement as I said irritated me which caused me to exaggerate the feat itself. My apologies if I offended you by saying that. I'm not always going to say things with exact correctness in the heat of a debate. I expect my opponent to understand what I'm saying. When Vivas says Krayt drained GM Luke and Abeloth simultaneously he expects me to understand that Abeloth and GM Luke were otherwise occupied at the time. When I make statements in the heat of debate like Galen incapacitating Sidious I expect him to understand that I'm saying Galen blasted him and Sidious decided not to continue the fight. I assumed that's how debating worked. If I was incorrect then hopefully it doesn't negatively impact anyone aside from myself and if that's the case then that's all well and good. I'll just say "Ah well." And move on with my life.

Selenial
Who gives a fugg about Marek vs Palpatine.

Shaak ragdolls Palpatine with ease smile

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111233150/4616080-7169774560-KYjB6.gif

DarthAnt66
Vivas was trying to say that the feat itself was not legitimate which irritated me. Personally I believe it was a blast of power similar to the one Yoda demonstrated but him doubting my statement as I said irritated me which caused me to exaggerate the effect of the feat itself. My apologies if I offended you by saying that.
Concession accepted.

Beniboybling
Galen describes Shaak's Force presence as a deformation in the Force much like a mass can distort the fabric of space and time. Given Shaak's ability to influence Felucia's force alignment I think this depiction is rather accurate. I think from this we can all logically come to the conclusion that Shaak's force abilities are indeed greater then Ahsoka's in a neutral setting.
yes

Also Shaak Ti has established Force bonds with much of the planet's flora and fauna, and with everything on Felucia saturated and strong in the Force, it stands to reason these bonds amplified her powers.

And when you consider that she had the "entire planet at her command", that would be a significant amp indeed. thumb up

Syndicate
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Concession accepted.

Sure.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Beniboybling
yes

Also Shaak Ti has established Force bonds with much of the planet's flora and fauna, and with everything on Felucia saturated and strong in the Force, it stands to reason these bonds amplified her powers.

And when you consider that she had the "entire planet at her command", that would be a significant amp indeed. thumb up

Yep.

Selenial
yes

Source? Seems like baseless fanon smile

Beniboybling
KOTOR II hmph

AncientPower
Because Meetra Surik and Shaak Ti even remotely share the same traits, any legitimate statement calling Felucia a light side nexus? For that matter one calling it a dark side nexus? Because all of those claims get debunked in The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

Neither Ti or Marek were amped/hindered there because Felucia has an unusually strong connection to the Living Force. The presence of any Force user can change the alignment of the planet to either dark or light, that doesn't make it a nexus either way.

Syndicate
Because Meetra Surik and Shaak Ti even remotely share the same traits, any legitimate statement calling Felucia a light side nexus? For that matter one calling it a dark side nexus? Because all of those claims get debunked in The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

Neither Ti or Marek were amped/hindered there because Felucia has an unusually strong connection to the Living Force. The presence of any Force user can change the alignment of the planet to either dark or light, that doesn't make it a nexus either way.

It's force alignment was stated to be twisted out of balance. I don't know if the world being tilted to the light made Shaak empowered but its unquestionable that it weakened Galen's connection as I showed in the quote I provided on the last page.

AncientPower
He claims that the darkness on the planet had been stifled, that hardly resembles serious hinderance to his connection to the Dark Side.

SunRazer
Syndicate, you said you weren't being serious the last time you did this when you laughed at other people's arguments. I now fear for your sanity.

On-topic, while Shaak did appear to have the edge in the novel, it obviously wasn't a drastic edge given that she ended up practically throwing herself on him (that's literally what the novel says). That Galen grew afterwards (presumably by a very noticeable margin) means that the Shaak supporters are now stuck in the very hole that they dug.

Beniboybling

Neither Ti or Marek were amped/hindered there because Felucia has an unusually strong connection to the Living Force. The presence of any Force user can change the alignment of the planet to either dark or light, that doesn't make it a nexus either way. No hon no

First off, Shaak Ti and Meetra Surik established powerful Force bonds with those around them, so they do indeed share some similar traits.

As for Felucia being a light side nexus, yes there is proof, Starkiller observes as much when on the planet's surface:

"She had taken a world enjoying the normal flows between the light and the dark sides of the Force and twisted it out of balance. There was still darkness on Felucia, but it was stifled, frustrated, weakened. He strained to awaken it, to remind it of its proper place in the universe. The light side had held sway for far too long. It was time to redress the issue. Killing Shaak Ti would do that quite nicely."

And as for this being "debunked" by the Campaign Guide, wrong again. All it says is that the dark side is "strong" on Felucia (not dominant) which in comparison to your average planet, unsaturated in the Force, is true. But the fact remains that relative to the Felucia's light side presence, it was "stifled, frustrated, weakened" whereas the light side "held sway" i.e. was dominant.

And seeing as the native Felucians were able to tap into the living Force energy of the world, I see no reason why Shaak Ti couldn't do the same. Whereas Marek, as a dark sider, would have been and was repulsed by it. So the environment was indeed firmly in Ti's favour. thumb up

Selenial
Huh, so what you're saying is, Sidious fought Yoda on a light side Nexus so is actually much better than Yoda?

Same with Sidious vs Mace?

Malgus fighting off so many Jedi in their temple should be a far better feat then. I guess Ventress is actually better than Kenobi since she fought him to a standstill on a regular planet.

Either you concede the above, or concede that the Dark Side being explicitly stated to be Strong on Felucia shows the world is fragile, and neither of them had a significant advantage. Like literally every other force nexus that isn't a Dark Side Nexus in the expanded universe lore erm

AncientPower
Shaak Ti had no greater bonding ability than any other Jedi, she simply trained the Felucians.

Having sway is not nearly a nexus, that's a giant leap in logic.

The native Felucians are naturally connected to the planet, being natives and all.

Man, you guys try really hard to lowball characters when it fits don't you?

Selenial
Man, you guys try really hard to lowball characters when it fits don't you?

The best part is, Beni argued the literal opposite of this until it became an Ahsoka argument laughing out loud

Petrus
Galen still managed to beat Shaak in both the novel and the game, but there is a big difference in Shaak giving him an extremely tough fight and Shaak being crushed by Galen even with all of the environment helping her fight him . Even knowing that Galen improves after that, Shaak's prowess is in question here, so it's a relevant matter in my eyes.

The fact here is that the novel and the game contradict each other. When two canon sources contradict each other, one is obviously valid whereas the other is dismissed. How can we determine this? Is it somewhere said what's higher canon, novel or video game?

Selenial
Well out of the three sources, the Novel and Graphic Novel are the two closest sources of the lot...

Beniboybling
The best part is, Beni argued the literal opposite of this until it became an Ahsoka argument laughing out loud Lmao, what? I'll respond to the rest of shortly, but I'd appreciate it if you'd substantiate this first. thumb up

Selenial
Lmao, what? I'll respond to the rest of shortly, but I'd appreciate it if you'd substantiate this first. thumb up

I'm not going to bother looking through every Shaak Ti debate to find one that happens to discuss the nexus and happens to have input from you... If you want to act like you've never held the opinion it's a neutral nexus before then go for it, I was simply making an observation.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Petrus
Galen still managed to beat Shaak in both the novel and the game, but there is a big difference in Shaak giving him an extremely tough fight and Shaak being crushed by Galen even with all of the environment helping her fight him . Even knowing that Galen improves after that, Shaak's prowess is in question here, so it's a relevant matter in my eyes.

The fact here is that the novel and the game contradict each other. When two canon sources contradict each other, one is obviously valid whereas the other is dismissed. How can we determine this? Is it somewhere said what's higher canon, novel or video game?

It's a video game. You crush everyone or you don't depending on the difficulty settings. By that logic we could claim Galen crushed Vader as well...

Selenial
It's a video game. You crush everyone or you don't depending on the difficulty settings. By that logic we could claim Galen crushed Vader as well...

Yup. That's probably why:

Well out of the three sources, the Novel and Graphic Novel are the two closest sources of the lot...

Petrus
Even on 'hard' difficulty the game suggests Galen crushes Shaak, and if he actually struggles, it's because she's aided by the entire environment.

The ease by which you annihilate stormtroopers is determined by the difficulty, sure, but that doesn't mean we can't see the game creators clearly intended Galen to destroy Shaak.

MythLord
Cutscenes and game mechanics =/= factual evidence.
The novel and the comic portray Shaak being Galen's equal/superior in both skill and power(the latter's debatable, but meh), so yeah...

Selenial
Even on 'hard' difficulty the game suggests Galen crushes Shaak, and if he actually struggles, it's because she's aided by the entire environment.

The ease by which you annihilate stormtroopers is determined by the difficulty, sure, but that doesn't mean we can't see the game creators clearly intended Galen to destroy Shaak.

What? The only fight sequence we see of them, he gets a lucky shot and sends her into the Sarlacc, using it to kill her instead of killing her himself.

Let's be clear, all sources show Galen wins. The fact is, the game doesn't anywhere show how much he has to work for it, we simply see how he ends it...

Petrus
What? The only fight sequence we see of them, he gets a lucky shot and sends her into the Sarlacc, using it to kill her instead of killing her himself.

Let's be clear, all sources show Galen wins. The fact is, the game doesn't anywhere show how much he has to work for it, we simply see how he ends it...

We do see that the game intends for Shaak to be significantly aided by the environment, though. Flora and fauna alike.

Are we to assume that Galen 1v1 against Shaak wouldn't absolutely go in Galen's favor?

I've admitted I'm not entirely familiar with the novel, so I don't know how much aid Shaak gets from Felucia against Galen.

Selenial
We do see that the game intends for Shaak to be significantly aided by the environment, though. Flora and fauna alike.

Are we to assume that Galen 1v1 against Shaak wouldn't absolutely go in Galen's favor?

I've admitted I'm not entirely familiar with the novel, so I don't know how much aid Shaak gets from Felucia against Galen.

Game mechanics don't mean anything, the only canon part of the game is the cutscenes. The novel actually shows everything. erm

She uses the Sarlacc in the book, it's also implied she was the one who controlled all the Felucians attacking him earlier too. She doesn't implore their aid mid combat though.

Petrus
Game mechanics don't mean anything, the only canon part of the game is the cutscenes. The novel actually shows everything. erm

She uses the Sarlacc in the book, it's also implied she was the one who controlled all the Felucians attacking him earlier too. She doesn't implore their aid mid combat though.

And how does Galen beat her in the novel?

|King Joker|

Selenial
She basically jumps onto his Lightsaber in a desperate act to kill them both. Some (like me) believe she did this to save Her apprentice, since killing the apprentice would just bring Vader down upon her. He survives though, basically accidentally summoning a force barrier leaving her blade an inch from him.

In the comic, she lets her guard down, letting the Sarlacc kill him. The fight seems over, but he enters a rage, force repulses, Injuring her to the point where she can't fight anymore. She then falls into the Sarlacc, the same as in the game.

Petrus
Well, gawd. In the novel, it pretty much seems Shaak and Galen were roughly equals.

cs_zoltan
She basically jumps onto his Lightsaber in a desperate act to kill them both. Some (like me) believe she did this to save Her apprentice, since killing the apprentice would just bring Vader down upon her. He survives though, basically accidentally summoning a force barrier leaving her blade an inch from him.

It also doesn't make much sense for her to die of something she could tank 19 years prior, unless she planned to die mmm

Beniboybling
I'm not going to bother looking through every Shaak Ti debate to find one that happens to discuss the nexus and happens to have input from you... If you want to act like you've never held the opinion it's a neutral nexus before then go for it, I was simply making an observation. Yeah heaven forbid you actually verify your accusations of biased and hypocrisy before making them. erm

Regardless I've been of this opinion since 2015, well before Ahsoka became relevant - glad we cleared that one up. thumb upOriginally posted by Selenial
Huh, so what you're saying is, Sidious fought Yoda on a light side Nexus so is actually much better than Yoda?

Same with Sidious vs Mace?

Malgus fighting off so many Jedi in their temple should be a far better feat then.Huh, the Chancellor's Suite and the Senate Chamber are Force nexuses now? Who knew. laughing out loud

Regardless concerning the Force nexus beneath the Jedi Temple, the Legends story concerning Nyax gave me the impression that it was locked away, so its speculative at best to assume this power permeated its Halls to any significant degree. https://media.giphy.com/media/glmRyiSI3v5E4/giphy.gifOr I could read what the source material is telling me, that on Felucia the light side held sway, rather than concede to a flimsy non-sequitur. thumb upOriginally posted by AncientPower
Shaak Ti had no greater bonding ability than any other Jedi, she simply trained the Felucians.She bonded with the largest sarlaac we've ever seen, tamed its volatile natives, and indeed had the "entire planet under her command".

No special ability my ass.It means the planet was predominately light sided, whereas the dark side was suppressed, giving Ti a categorical advantage. ermAnd Shaak Ti, whose been communing with the world for almost two decades, and has it under her power, is not? Right."He disagrees with my opinion so he must be lowballing!" Pathetic. laughing out loud

Selenial
It also doesn't make much sense for her to die of something she could tank 19 years prior, unless she planned to die mmm

I don't think the wound killed her, she'd survive a Lightsaber blast, or his Repulse, or the Sarlacc. She's got superior survivability feats to all of that.

Thing is, he'd kill her whether she attempted to enter a trance or not. Might as well surrender to death and join the force.

Beniboybling

In the comic, she lets her guard down, letting the Sarlacc kill him. The fight seems over, but he enters a rage, force repulses, Injuring her to the point where she can't fight anymore. She then falls into the Sarlacc, the same as in the game. That's one way of looking at it, the way I see however is that she simply fell fatally foul of the weakness of her form, Ataru.

In the Jedi Path it says in regards to the style that it "is exhausting and is best employed in short but devastating bursts. Thus, if you cannot find a way to penetrate your opponent's defenses after repeated efforts, it is best to withdraw from a fight you are not likely to win."

Over the course of Ti's fight with Marek, she almost penetrates his defense in indeed short and devastating bursts, but each time barely manages to defend himself. With Marek taunting that "You can't keep this up forever," - and given that as her stamina wanes each attack would be inevitably met with diminish returns, this is essentially true.

Under those circumstances the principles lain out in the Jedi Path would implore Ti to retreat, but that isn't an option, so instead she attempts to finish Marek by putting all her remaining energy into a suicidal attack that favours offense at the utter expense of defense, in a final attempt to penetrate his defenses. That's my understanding.

Selenial
*shrug*

Probably, since had he died she would have survived.

cs_zoltan
>implies Ti is amped by an entire planet
>still gets exhausted in a 1 minute duel

kek

Selenial
Obviously her stamina was non existent to begin with, Zoltan.

We saw that when she took on 12 Magnaguards after battling through all of corus... Oh wait.

We saw that when she fended off grievous after fighting for days without res.... Shit, never mind mmm

Beniboybling
>implies Ti is amped by an entire planet
>still gets exhausted in a 1 minute duel

kek >Assumes that isn't what one would expect using an exhaustive form against an "near perfect duelist" & Star Destroyer TK'er.

kek indeed smileOriginally posted by Selenial
Obviously her stamina was non existent to begin with, Zoltan.

We saw that when she took on 12 Magnaguards after battling through all of corus... Oh wait.

We saw that when she fended off grievous after fighting for days without res.... Shit, never mind mmm #AhsokaStillBetter

|King Joker|
#AhsokaStillBetter yes

Nephthys
Shaak Ti would absolutely top Ahsoka, and thats really the most important aspect of the discussion.

Beniboybling
Why you gotta make things dirty Neph. There are kids present. smile

|King Joker|
Why you gotta make things dirty Neph. There are kids present. smile I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that, LMFAO.

Petrus
Nah, she wouldn't. For all everyone's argued, the fact that Shaak struggles greatly against a pre-peak Galen remains. Ahsoka doing a good job against Vader > what Shaak did against Galen.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Read what Neph said, the comments right after, and rethink what you just said. smile

Beniboybling
Nah, she wouldn't. For all everyone's argued, the fact that Shaak struggles greatly against a pre-peak Galen remains. Ahsoka doing a good job against Vader > what Shaak did against Galen. Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Read what Neph said, the comments right after, and rethink what you just said. smile LMFAO

Petrus
LoL.

Nephthys
It is only right and natural that the older woman takes charge and guides her younger counterpart through the initiation and eventually claims her heart. This is the reality.

Also Ti's showing against Marek was far more impressive than Ahsokas and she's a far superior Force wielder.

Syndicate
Cutscenes and game mechanics =/= factual evidence.
The novel and the comic portray Shaak being Galen's equal/superior in both skill and power(the latter's debatable, but meh), so yeah...

Lol wut? The comic shows the environment aiding her ( describes it as an entire planet aiding her ) and still not being able to defeat Galen. She knocks him off balance once and hits him with a force energy attack that makes his clothes steam. The novel has her having to throw herself onto his blade to even land a hit on Galen.

|King Joker|
Also Ti's showing against Marek was far more impressive than Ahsokas and she's a far superior Force wielder. How? Ti had literally everything going for her and still failed to defeat Marek. She had an entire ****ing planet under her control. Ahsoka went up against a more powerful and easily more skilled opponent in Vader and did extremely well, and only "lost" due to environmental circumstances that caused a BFR. TK'ing Vader, who barrier'd that massive explosion on Malachor, is > Ti's telekinetic feats, or at least close enough that Ti won't be having any huge Force advantage, especially on neutral ground.

Selenial
lmfao

Syndicate
How? Ti had literally everything going for her and still failed to defeat Marek. She had an entire ****ing planet under her control. Ahsoka went up against a more powerful and easily more skilled opponent in Vader and did extremely well, and only "lost" due to environmental circumstances that caused a BFR. TK'ing Vader, who barrier'd that massive explosion on Malachor, is > Ti's telekinetic feats, or at least close enough that Ti won't be having any huge Force advantage, especially on neutral ground.

Joker I agree with everything you're saying here ( aside from the Force as I showed in my prior post ) where I take issue is that you think Ahsoka could beat Felucia Galen despite him ultimately winning against Shaak despite Shaak having an environmental advantage, the environment aiding her, the planet being a Light Side nexus and the darkness on it being stifles and Galen having just fought through an entire population of powerful force users to get to her.

Actually I'm not sure whether that was you or Beni. I get you two confused alot.

Nephthys
Was Vader really more powerful and skilled? Marek does wreck him in the end. You can say he improved and he probably did, but not enough that Ti dominating Marek in sabers isn't a better showing than Ahsoka getting smashed by Vader.

Mid-duel TKing someone doesn't mean much. Barris TK'd Anakin. Big whoop.

cs_zoltan
Nah, she wouldn't. For all everyone's argued, the fact that Shaak struggles greatly against a pre-peak Galen remains. Ahsoka doing a good job against Vader > what Shaak did against Galen.

That coming from someone who didn't even read the Galen - Shaak Ti fight until like an hour ago I concede.

Not.

>Assumes that isn't what one would expect using an exhaustive form against an "near perfect duelist" & Star Destroyer TK'er.

kek indeed smile

Near perfect duelist is it? Hmmm, I recall Ahsoka wankers claiming like 2 pages back that early Galen sucks.

At least be consistent with each other thumb up

Never mind the fact that force users can replenish mid combat and a nexus would grant her a huge pool of force reserves...

But this is something you argued for before, not that it surprises me that you change stance whenever it's convenient for you.

Selenial
Also since when do people take prose so ****ing literally.

Believe it or not, Dooku didn't actually summon all the Dark Side energy in the galaxy. Vitiate isn't a god. Sidious isn't literally a shadow. Shaak Ti didn't have the entire planet under her control, believe me I'd love that to be the case more than most....

Beniboybling
Joker I agree with everything you're saying here ( aside from the Force as I showed in my prior post ) where I take issue is that you think Ahsoka could beat Felucia Galen despite him ultimately winning against Shaak despite Shaak having an environmental advantage, the environment aiding her, the planet being a Light Side nexus and the darkness on it being stifles and Galen having just fought through an entire population of powerful force users to get to her.

Actually I'm not sure whether that was you or Beni. I get you two confused alot. I said that Tano could probably beat Marek under similar circumstances.

Nephthys

Believe it or not, Dooku didn't actually summon all the Dark Side energy in the galaxy. Vitiate isn't a god. Sidious isn't literally a shadow. Shaak Ti didn't have the entire planet under her control, believe me I'd love that to be the case more than most....

thumb up

Beniboybling
Near perfect duelist is it? Hmmm, I recall Ahsoka wankers claiming like 2 pages back that early Galen sucks.

At least be consistent with each other thumb upLol.So many gratuitous implications of biased. Originally posted by Selenial

Believe it or not, Dooku didn't actually summon all the Dark Side energy in the galaxy. Vitiate isn't a god. Sidious isn't literally a shadow. Shaak Ti didn't have the entire planet under her control, believe me I'd love that to be the case more than most.... Which is why you'll notice I always employed " " in referencing it - I assume everyone else is on the same page. erm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, I notice people using Ahsoka pushing Vader as way more fap material than, like, any force push ever.

Petrus
Well...

Selenial
Yeah, I notice people using Ahsoka pushing Vader as way more fap material than, like, any force push ever.

Because for them, any Ahsoka feat is quite literally fap material. thumb up

Beniboybling
Yeah, I notice people using Ahsoka pushing Vader as way more fap material than, like, any force push ever. When did anyone bring that up? erm

Nephthys
TK'ing Vader, who barrier'd that massive explosion on Malachor, is > Ti's telekinetic feats,

Petrus
Because for them, any Ahsoka feat is quite literally fap material. thumb up

You are definitely not wrong.

Beniboybling
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1341734200.gif

Selenial
When did anyone bring that up? erm

Huh, so even you don't bother reading Joker's posts.

lmao

Beniboybling
Lol I stopped paying proper attention to this thread when the Ti crowd stopped making proper arguments. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who cares? Vader dominates both. smile

Selenial
The Ti crowd is currently sitting in New Street while her train continuously gets delayed.

The Ti crowd is too pissed off to bother smile

Syndicate
I said that Tano could probably beat Marek under similar circumstances.

Oh. Under similar circumstances. Fair enough.

YousufKhan1212
Vader.

MythLord
For the love of God, stop!

Dispray
Vader rapes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.