Rank them in intelligence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Green Lantern Hal
Aquaman
Wolverine
Ben grimm
Invisible Woman
Wonder Woman

-Pr-
Which Green Lantern?

EcstaticGrace
I'm assuming Invisible Woman is the smartest and either Ben or Logan or at the botton.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
Which Green Lantern?
Good catch. Hal. Manged to edit before the lock, too. Thanks.
Now rank them!

Flyattractor
Both Hal and if I recall correctly Ben Grimm are both pilots so that deserves a certain level of intelligence. Aquaman and Wonder Woman i would put on the same level. I am sure Sue has gotten a few Science Degrees due to affirminative action over the years, so I say Little Jimmy is the dumbest one here on this list.

lawest9
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
I'm assuming Invisible Woman is the smartest and either Ben or Logan or at the botton. This.👍

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by riv6672
Green Lantern Hal
Aquaman
Wolverine
Ben grimm
Invisible Woman
Wonder Woman
Carver

In this order

GL, Grimm, IM, Aquaman, WW, Wolverine, Carver

DarkSaint85
WW - she was blessed with intelligence from the Goddess of Wisdom herself, Athena.
Grimm - multiple degrees, plus he was an astronaut. They don't just hand them out to jocks on footy scholarships
Susan - pretty sure she has multiple degrees of her own....or maybe that's Ultimate Sue?
Hal - like Grimm, but less so
Wolverine
Aquaman.

Wolverine is difficult to place. Obv fewer formal qualifications, he speaks several languages and obv knows his shit when it comes to military matters and killing.

On the other hand, Aquaman knows how to name fish. I reckon he could easily get degrees in marine related fields, should he want to.

EcstaticGrace
Flying a Atlantean aircraft

http://imgur.com/TsXbxHo

Recreates the JL Database

http://imgur.com/BB8Yzre

Rewiring circuits

http://imgur.com/w5EBgWA

Fluent in Japanese

http://imgur.com/CzajL8u

Piloting a Jet

http://imgur.com/WDwfJjp

Speaks Polynesian

http://imgur.com/a/QUbaa

Against Atlantis best warriors

http://imgur.com/a/roWgC

Having wisdom Blessing doesn't suggest your smarter then people with actual feats of intelligence. Look at Shazam who has the wisdom of Solomon.. Billy would probably be below everyone here.

Susan should be above everyone here Blessings or not. After that I'm not sure. Aquaman isn't below Hal, Wolverine or Grimm though.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

On the other hand, Aquaman knows how to name fish. I reckon he could easily get degrees in marine related fields, should he want to.

Wow. We have a Robot Chicken Comedy Writer posting here.......but not one of the good ones.

beatboks

Having wisdom Blessing doesn't suggest your smarter then people with actual feats of intelligence. Look at Shazam who has the wisdom of Solomon.. Billy would probably be below everyone here.

Susan should be above everyone here Blessings or not. After that I'm not sure. Aquaman isn't below Hal, Wolverine or Grimm though.

Problem is as much as I hate it Dianna has the feats.

She lead a research team into the cure of a global disease issue post COIE ( Can't recall the issue number of the top of my head - I'll have a look). Pre COIE she helped Paula develop the purple ray (the Amazon's healing device , Not sure it that's still canon post COIE though). There are a few others where she has on rare occasions shown Scientific prowess.

Still Sue should be first (sheer volume of feats) then Dianna, after the two ladies it's anyone's guess.

StiltmanFTW

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by beatboks
Problem is as much as I hate it Dianna has the feats.

She lead a research team into the cure of a global disease issue post COIE ( Can't recall the issue number of the top of my head - I'll have a look). Pre COIE she helped Paula develop the purple ray (the Amazon's healing device , Not sure it that's still canon post COIE though). There are a few others where she has on rare occasions shown Scientific prowess.

Still Sue should be first (sheer volume of feats) then Dianna, after the two ladies it's anyone's guess.

That's fine then I wasn't sure who was after Sue. I was just stating that having divine wisdom isn't the same thing as being extremely intelligent.

Panther tends to be the wisest character on Marvel Earth but that doesn't make him smarter then Reed or Doom who actually have feats in intelligence to a higher degree was all I was saying.

If Water Hand could be considered though Aquaman had access to everything anyone's ever thought and every idea that's been made, not sure how that would be filed as.

TheHulk
WW - she was blessed with intelligence from the Goddess of Wisdom herself, Athena Just saying...their is a difference between intelligence and wisdom wink

beatboks
That's fine then I wasn't sure who was after Sue. I was just stating that having divine wisdom isn't the same thing as being extremely intelligent.

Panther tends to be the wisest character on Marvel Earth but that doesn't make him smarter then Reed or Doom who actually have feats in intelligence to a higher degree was all I was saying.

If Water Hand could be considered though Aquaman had access to everything anyone's ever thought and every idea that's been made, not sure how that would be filed as.

Even Water Hand Aquaman didn't really have the conscious thoughts of all though. He had their collective sub conscious that he had access to. It was more like the waters of the secret see ran though the dreams and desires of the living.

I don't think that makes him any more intelligent.

Politically he is very savvy, no doubt. Toward the end of his reign pre flash point he started anticipate teh political moves against him much better.

Pre COIE he was cunning, like his defeat of the solar powered guy who dropping him in a desert to weaken him. .

As a leader of Atlantis for so long he's tactically pretty well adept. Good case in point when he played the aliens into a corner who thought they had convinced the earth nations to fight him. held a meeting and basically transmitted footage of the duality to those who were going to side with them while they offered Arthur a deal.

He just doesn't have the things one could class as actual in an actual intellectual sense

TheHulk
I honestly barely watch Doctor Who. So why is he so smart?

Horrificus
Ben

beatboks
Originally posted by TheHulk
I honestly barely watch Doctor Who. So why is he so smart?

He is savvy and versed in every single piece of technology from every point in the time line. Literally he knows everything that is, has been and will be.

In the early series it was established the the time lord race watched and knew all of the time lien. The Doctor was the only one who actively participated in it rather than just being a Voyeur/viewer.

He's been able to defeat abstract entities just by his intellect.

TheHulk
Originally posted by beatboks
He is savvy and versed in every single piece of technology from every point in the time line. Literally he knows everything that is, has been and will be.

In the early series it was established the the time lord race watched and knew all of the time lien. The Doctor was the only one who actively participated in it rather than just being a Voyeur/viewer.

He's been able to defeat abstract entities just by his intellect. I swear on my life that i posted this on another thread and i now have no idea how it ended up here. But thanks for the answer anyway...

riv6672
Originally posted by TheHulk
Just saying...their is a difference between intelligence and wisdom wink
DSs WW ranking was going to be something i touched on, after reading all the great responses.
Considering how little respect the wisdom of Solomon gets for Captain Marvel, i'm dubious about this Athena blessing (not even the wisdom OF Athena but a blessing FROM her).
At least CMs wisdom has been actively mentioned throughout the years. WW doesnt go around saying "the wisdom of Athena lets me...".

Also glad someone remembered Ben was an astronaut.

TheHulk
Also glad someone remembered Ben was an astronaut. Yeah, Ben is a lot smarter than people will give credit for.

riv6672
TOTALLY missed this statement.

laughing laughing laughing

EcstaticGrace
TOTALLY missed this statement.

laughing laughing laughing

He is no doubt. Stuff like The request he got to join The Illuminati and The Civil War kinda highlight this, he calls things out and says how it's going to go down before it happens. As well as having currently all those dead Panther's to guide him. I think it's a fair insertion to make unless you have a set of people you think are wiser since it's funny.

Reed is intelligent but that doesn't really equate to wisdom same with Doom who tends to underestimate people.

riv6672
Hey, you dont have to justify the statement to ME.
Its your prerogative to make it.
Its mine to laugh my ass off at it.

EcstaticGrace
Hey, you dont have to justify the statement to ME.
Its your prerogative to make it.
Its mine to laugh my ass off at it.

Just replied because I was curious to why its funny, maybe I like to laugh to.

riv6672
You must, you say some funny shit!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wow. We have a Robot Chicken Comedy Writer posting here.......but not one of the good ones.

Was being serious.

Aquaman could walk into any Ivy League uni, and beat the pants off any marine biologist. He could likely walk away with any number of advanced degrees, so him not having formal qualifications should not be a knock on him.

@ Ecstatic: Cool scans - except Wolverine has those in spades. And then some.

Piloting a jet? Wolverine pilots the X-Jet. Which has Shi-Ar tech.
Recreating the database? He did that by cannibalising various other databases.
Rewiring? He did that after studying schematics beforehand.
Speaking Japanese? Yeah, Logan speaks that. And a fair few others too. Like, a lot more.

-Pr-
In general, I would say Aquaman is more wise than smart. He is intelligent, don't get me wrong, but especially preboot Aquaman, he was very accomplished when it came to things like his regal duties, and even the creative use of his powers during combat.

EcstaticGrace
You must, you say some funny shit!

Glad I can entertain.

riv6672
Oh, you do that.

Blue Area Vet
This it not a "versus" thread, Darksaint.

riv6672
Haha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.