When was Vader in his prime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
When was Darth Vader in his prime canonically? Rebels, ROTJ or another time?

Fated Xtasy
Pablo said Rebels is where he reached his prime

The Ellimist
I could buy that if we accept

1. Vader lost potential
2. Vader grow stronger right after Mustafar

Then he'd have hit his lower ceiling pretty soon, and declined physically from there.

|King Joker|
Vader's prime could be by Rebels, but I kind of doubt he would have completely stagnated afterwards. I'm sure there was at least a marginal increase in ability, but we can't really tell by how much, I don't think.

Rebel95
I don't have it but I thought there was also a quote somewhere saying he was in his prime in ROTJ?

The Ellimist
Yeah but that could be a perspective narration

NewGuy01
~Around TFU/Rebels, yeah. He started declining around ANH.

FreshestSlice
IMO, he didn't start declining until ESB when Luke kept pestering him with feeling and things.

Darth Abonis
I can see Rebels being his prime

Rebel95
That would make sense. He seems to be fully immersed in the dark side during Rebels, in the OT he just becomes conflicted because of Luke.

The Ellimist
He claims he's stint get than ever before in RotJ novelization

Nephthys
Isn't that like 30 years old? Vaders capabilities have been re-imagined more than anyone over the years.

Syndicate
Canonically? Rebels.

Beniboybling
I think it can be assumed he made marginal gains post Rebels to the point at which that stage in his life could be in a general sense described as his "prime".

However its important to remember that statement was made merely to distinguish Vader from his early counterpart, as conflicted and inexperienced, not to imply that Vader had reached some kind of ceiling. And it would be rather foolish to interpret it that way.

quanchi112
Post death.

Syndicate
Beni: Bleebloop.

They said Rebels is his prime. So Rebels is his prime. I don't think physical atrophy really matters here considering he's a melted husk and a quadriplegic.

Nephthys
Derp derp derp.

The Ellimist
That's the point...

Nephthys
I read that as pre. Whoops.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I think it can be assumed he made marginal gains post Rebels to the point at which that stage in his life could be in a general sense described as his "prime".

However its important to remember that statement was made merely to distinguish Vader from his early counterpart, as conflicted and inexperienced, not to imply that Vader had reached some kind of ceiling. And it would be rather foolish to interpret it that way. shhh, rebels being vader's prime helps ahsoka smile smile smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Syndicate
Beni: Bleebloop.

They said Rebels is his prime. So Rebels is his prime. I don't think physical atrophy really matters here considering he's a melted husk and a quadriplegic. Cool, I'll wait for evidence in continuity itself before taking this claim so literally.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
shhh, rebels being vader's prime helps ahsoka smile smile smile Marginal gains friend, marginal gains. smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Marginal gains friend, marginal gains. smile Tru and we still have LotS which is over ten years before Rebels smile

Ahsoka is so amazing wow smile

The Ellimist
Vader was toying with her obv

Kurk
RotJ is definitely not Vader's prime. He's burnt out by this point.
His prime is Rebels era before ESB. After that he declines.

Darth Thor
^ Burnt out? From what?

On another note his best feats are in the comics which are post-ANH.

Petrus
IMO, there's no way the OT could be Vader's prime, mainly because of Luke. Him claiming he's mur evilest than evur means shit.

In Rebels he seems fully submerged in the dark side, no conflicts or holding back. I think that's most likely his prime.

Kurk
ditto what petrus said

relentless1
id say his peak is when he fought Obi Wan on Mustafar, he was the strongest in regards to raw force power at the time that he'd ever be. But if we take that out of the equation then any time before ANH would probably be his apex as the cyborg Vader that he became.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Rebel95
When was Darth Vader... Prime ?

http://img13.deviantart.net/9aee/i/2011/062/1/7/darth_vader_vs_optimus_prime_by_cpapesh-d3au8gb.jpg

Rebel95
Now I'd say ROTJ was Vader's prime:
"Lord Vader did not mind waiting, though, nor was even aware of it. For it was an honor, and a noble activity, to kneel at his ruler's feet. He kept his eyes inward, seeking reflection in his own bottomless core. His power was great, now, greater than it had ever been. It shimmered from within, and resonated with the waves of darkness that flowed from the Emperor. He felt engorged with this power, it surged like black fire, demon electrons looking for ground...but he would wait. For his Emperor was not ready; and his son was not ready, and the time was not yet. So he waited."
-- Return Of The Jedi

"Even his own generals could not escape Vader's wrath, and as time went by, the Sith's powers grew even stronger."

Luke definitely made Vader more conflicted which affected his duel with him, but overall his power was at it's peak as of ROTJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.