Basketball Player Shot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
So this guy went out and got drunk, came home and was about to beat up or kill his gf but guess what, he kicked in the wrong door of the wrong apartment and got shot. So this guy stopped a murder and death of a innocent person. Good thing this guy had a gun, he would have wound up dead or the girlfriend would have wound up dead too.

Moral of the story, dont drink and come home on a murderous rampage kicking doors in.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/us/nba-player-fatally-shot/

Surtur
I find it stupid the article mentions charges might happen. Why? This guy KICKED down someones door and entered the apartment. When you break into someone's home all bets are off.

People are also acting like this person was a good guy.

Someone said it was an example of "being in the wrong place at the wrong time". Uh what? He kicked down the door he didn't just walk in and get shot.

Then people say he had a bright future lol. Have we just entered the Twilight Zone?

Time-Immemorial
He kicked down the apartment door, then the bedroom door.

Surtur
Lol so he's a criminal. Even if he got the right apartment he has no right to kick down the door to his girlfriends place. He was in the city to celebrate his daughters birthday..so obviously that involves getting wasted and kicking down doors.

Honestly, this was no loss. Especially when you consider he has a kid, how long would it of been until he has some drunken outburst and hurts the kid?

I hope no charges are filed, I think if you kick down someone's friggin door to their apartment they have the right to shoot you. The shooter even apparently called out to the guy first, but he didn't stop.

Time-Immemorial
"A Dallas resident told police he heard someone enter his apartment by kicking open the front door, police spokesman DeMarquis Black said in a statement. The resident said "he called out to the individual, but was not answered," and when the resident's bedroom door was kicked open, the resident fired his gun, police said."

He was hell bent on killing or beating his gf.

Surtur
Yeah and lets run the scenario if you remove the gun: this angry violent drunk dude just burst into the wrong apartment..he'd probably of attacked the person who lived there in a rage over having chosen the wrong apartment.

It's strange to see the way the NBA has responded. Look at the tweets of his team:

"I just lost my best friend/cousin last night enjoy life because you never know if tomorrow is guaranteed love you soldier ! "

It's like they think this was all some accident or tragic misunderstanding. I expect lines of "you never know if tomorrow is guaranteed" if people died in like a car accident or something...as opposed to getting shot after having flown into some violent rage and breaking into someones house.

jaden101
This must happen more often than you'd think. In fact it happened to me. I'd been working away when I came home to my door boarded up by the local authorities. Turns out the guy that lived in the next block had come home drunk and kicked what he thought was his own door in but was the same unit in the wrong block.

Surtur
They are lucky this happened in Texas. There are other states where you would pretty much automatically be facing charges for a situation like this, which I find just to be a perversion of justice.

I remember a story of someone who shot a burglar 7-8 times and got charged over it.

Time-Immemorial
His gf is lucky he got drunk and broke the wrong door down.

This guy was a Thug, just like Michael Brown.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah and lets run the scenario if you remove the gun: this angry violent drunk dude just burst into the wrong apartment..he'd probably of attacked the person who lived there in a rage over having chosen the wrong apartment.

He clearly was about to attack the wrong person after breaking into the wrong apartment, hence why he got shot. Yet the pitty patrol has already started like Michael Brown "He was a gentle giant."

Texas Justice servedthumb up

Surtur
I mean one person tweeted "I love you solider". How was he a soldier? Everyone keeps talking about how awesome he was and how loving and giving he was lol. It's quite surreal.

Ever notice shitty people suddenly become saints once they die?

It's xyz!
This is a bit of a grey area. On the one hand, don't go kicking down other people's doors, on the other hand, did he shoot to kill? Does this count as manslaughter?

Surtur
Originally posted by It's xyz!
This is a bit of a grey area. On the one hand, don't go kicking down other people's doors, on the other hand, did he shoot to kill? Does this count as manslaughter?

Why wouldn't you shoot to kill if someone is kicking down your bedroom door?

Plus I wouldn't call it manslaughter. Unless self defense falls under the definition of manslaughter, but I don't think it does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.