Revan vs. Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

JKBart
1) Revan
2) Kyp
3) Revan

Syndicate
Originally posted by JKBart
1) Revan
2) Kyp
3) Revan

The Ellimist
I could elaborate later, but I think Kyp's feats and accolades are significantly superior in quality, if not quantity.

The Ellimist
1. He does the dovan basal feat with greater ease than Luke does.
2. Luke himself thinks that Kyp may become the greatest of all the Jedi.
3. The dovan basal feat. That's a much better demonstration of raw power and control than anything Revan has ever pulled off by several orders of magnitude.
4. He also uses a freighter as a telekinetic projectile. Once again, far superior to anything Revan's done.

Revan has the fancy names and hype, Kyp wins by actual feats, accolades, and powerscaling. thumb up

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Yeah, well, JA/early NJO Luke is kinda pathetic. This is Desann-tier.

He didn't, though, so I don't know why that's relevant.

Y'can't prove it, though, because the specifics of Dovin Basals are unknown factors.

A weightless freighter. Cade>>

JKBart
Originally posted by NewGuy01

He didn't, though, so I don't know why that's relevant.

Y'can't prove it, though, because the specifics of Dovin Basals are unknown factors.

A weightless freighter. Cade>>

poland strong smile

The Ellimist

That Luke has already rebuilt and demolished Vader's fortress, cloaked a kilometer long capital ship, mused about being able to tear the hulls off of battlecruisers, and defeated Palpatine. thumb up

Luke was judging from his potential which he measured with some sort of probing device. Kyp's was utterly monstrous, and he is probably second among the Order in raw power.

They're repeatedly called black holes/singularities, and are massive enough to generate gravitational fields sufficient to pull in missiles and turbolasers. That's pretty ridiculous. It's perhaps the most ridiculous telekinetic feats in the mythos.

LMFAO, there's still inertia in space. Newton's second law applies regardless of whether there's a gravitational field doing work in the area. erm

Kyp not only moves a freighter, he accelerates it fast enough for it to function as a usable ramming device that doesn't just get shot down, outrun, or otherwise laughed at. That's more impressive than just lifting one against, say, 1g of gravity.

Trocity
Revan in all.

The Ellimist
srs Kyp is mad underrated here.

He has maybe the best TK feat in Legends, lmao.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Trocity
Revan in all.

Syndicate
srs Kyp is mad underrated here.

He has maybe the best TK feat in Legends, lmao.

K.

The Ellimist
Impressive arguments guys

Syndicate
Impressive arguments guys

Dankes.

Nephthys
Revan pretty much owns Durron tbh. He's a way superior combatant.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
Revan pretty much owns Durron tbh. He's a way superior combatant. everything.

The Ellimist
I sense the need for some revelations on the ground realities of Kyp.

FreshestSlice
Being Galen Marek with no technical skill is being Kyp Durron.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Falling woefully short of expectations and being thrown under the bus is being Kyp Durron.

Syndicate
Being hyped for a single feat that is extremely dubious is being Kyp Durron.

Petrus
Revan.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Trocity
Revan in all.

The Ellimist
2. Luke himself thinks that Kyp may become the greatest of all the Jedi.
3. The dovan basal feat. That's a much better demonstration of raw power and control than anything Revan has ever pulled off by several orders of magnitude.
4. He also uses a freighter as a telekinetic projectile. Once again, far superior to anything Revan's done.

Revan has the fancy names and hype, Kyp wins by actual feats, accolades, and powerscaling. thumb up

Rebel95
Revan in all

NewGuy01
@Ellimist nope wrong srry

The Ellimist
10/10 sopa ant tier rebuttal thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Revan still wins. thumb up

The Ellimist
Looks like you guys have posted some nice arguments.

NewGuy01
yeah you need to get on our level tbh

Syndicate
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Revan still wins. thumb up

yeah you need to get on our level tbh

thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Being Galen Marek with no technical skill is being Kyp Durron. Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Falling woefully short of expectations and being thrown under the bus is being Kyp Durron. Originally posted by Syndicate
Being hyped for a single feat that is extremely dubious is being Kyp Durron. thumb up

The Ellimist
tbh after NewGuy01 claimed that accelerating freighters in space is easy because there's no gravity, I'm removing him from my top active debaters list. I clearly am alone at the top.

Learn Newton please.

------------

The rest of you have taken trolling one step further, and are now using it in place of argument when others challenge you, rather than just as a concurrently running model.

Well, I guess you weren't the ones who pioneered that. mmm

NewGuy01
tbh after NewGuy01 claimed that accelerating freighters in space is easy because there's no gravity,

Whether or not it's easy aside, Cade did the same thing after eight years of deafening himself to the Force. With the added factor of gravity. It's really not that groundbreaking compared to the highest tier of Force users, let alone Vader.

Beniboybling
The rest of you have taken trolling one step further, and are now using it in place of argument when others challenge you, rather than just as a concurrently running model.

Well, I guess you weren't the ones who pioneered that. mmm Originally posted by NewGuy01
Dry your eyes, and your cock. Jaina's the Sword of the Jedi, not Kyp. Luke was wrong. Kyp failed at life. thumb up

The Ellimist
Whether or not it's easy aside, Cade did the same thing after eight years of deafening himself to the Force. With the added factor of gravity. It's really not that groundbreaking compared to the highest tier of Force users, let alone Vader.

Kek. The "added factor of gravity" can easily be quantified as just being equivalent to working against a 9.8 m/s^2 force field. If Kyp accelerated the freighter by a greater margin than that, his feat is more impressive. Seeing as how he was accelerating at a rate sufficient to make it a viable projectile weapon in a space combat, he had to have been, or else it would have been laughed at and shot down with ease. Even the slowest starships can easily generate the 9.8 m/s^2 acceleration needed to escape the Earth's gravity well and far surpass that, seeing as how they can escape orbit within seconds. If this freighter were ten times slower than any ship in combat, how the f*ck could it do anything?

Also no response to the fact that Kyp beat Luke in his black hole feat, and that he moved a f*cking singularity, which is impressive for powerscaling even if you don't think it's a legitimate feat in its own right. Well, you try to weakly respond to the latter by just postulating with no basis that the singularity isn't actually a singularity, despite being referenced repeatedly in the narration as such. thumb up

NewGuy01
Ah, I see what you're going for here. This idea probably falls under the same category of inconsistencies as Jedi (and even muggles) being capable of reacting to events at a significant percentage of the speed of light during space battles.

Of course, one could follow that line of logic and assume Jedi actually operate at these kinds of high speeds (like a lot of people did in the past), but that opens up a whole plethora of other problems. Such as, in a foil to this case, telekinetically thrown objects in duels between Jedi and Sith not having the destructive properties of objects moving at massively hypersonic+ speeds.

Trying to base the ground realities of Star Wars on practical physics can make for a fun pastime, but expecting it to be consistent with itself is naive at best. As I recall, you too poked fun at this idea when you first came back here.

Alright, the idea here isn't that Kyp doesn't possess incredible force reserves, guy. It's that he doesn't have much in the way of combat feats against opposing Force users, despite the fact that he's supposed to be one of the standout Jedi of his era. The closest thing he really has to that is Luke saying that Viun Gaalan might be a match for him. And getting dominated by some sick slayers, of course.

He gets shit because he's hyped to oblivion only to fail miserably in the few showings they bothered to put in for him. A lot of people were really hoping he'd get more of the spotlight, but the NJO authors basically forgot about him. Now he gets to be the butt of everyone's jokes, and you have to deal with it tbh.

Trocity
Alright, the idea here isn't that Kyp doesn't possess incredible force reserves, guy. It's that he doesn't have much in the way of combat feats against opposing Force users, despite the fact that he's supposed to be one of the standout Jedi of his era. The closest thing he really has to that is Luke saying that Viun Gaalan might be a match for him. And getting dominated by some sick slayers, of course.

He gets shit because he's hyped to oblivion only to fail miserably in the few showings they bothered to put in for him. A lot of people were really hoping he'd get more of the spotlight, but the NJO authors basically forgot about him. Now he gets to be the butt of everyone's jokes, and you have to deal with it tbh.

Pretty much, yeah.

Beniboybling
Ah, I see what you're going for here. This idea probably falls under the same category of inconsistencies as Jedi (and even muggles) being capable of reacting to events at a significant percentage of the speed of light during space battles.

Of course, one could follow that line of logic and assume Jedi actually operate at these kinds of high speeds (like a lot of people did in the past), but that opens up a whole plethora of other problems. Such as, in a foil to this case, telekinetically thrown objects in duels between Jedi and Sith not having the destructive properties of objects moving at massively hypersonic+ speeds.

Trying to base the ground realities of Star Wars on practical physics can make for a fun pastime, but expecting it to be consistent with itself is naive at best. As I recall, you too poked fun at this idea when you first came back here.

He gets shit because he's hyped to oblivion only to fail miserably in the few showings they bothered to put in for him. A lot of people were really hoping he'd get more of the spotlight, but the NJO authors basically forgot about him. Now he gets to be the butt of everyone's jokes, and you have to deal with it tbh. yes

The Ellimist

So when someone brings up a feat that, on a reasonable set of deductions that you can't seem to detect errors in, hypes Kyp Durron, you just dismiss it as an "inconsistency"...because it doesn't fit with your preordained canonization of Kyp's power? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your circular argument doesn't even make sense if we suspend that question begging - you try to mock such analysis for its "inconsistencies", yet apparently think that all of your own feats and accolades are designed with clear precision and epistemological rigor. Apparently if X contradicts Y, we automatically decide that whichever happens to fit NewGuy's opinion counts as the right option, and the other one is the "inconsistency".

Firstly, it's Legends canon - Curtis Saxton's ICS's are official literature that Leland Chee explicitly listed as the first place he'd look to with regards to firepower, and they not only go over real life physical concepts but the numbers and figures are based on said calculations!

Secondly, the existence of real-life physics in Star Wars to a certain classical limit can be deduced from the assumption that there's some manner of consistent rationality - there has to be for technological constructs to work - and then the observation that planets, people and ships seem to move in Newtonian manners. That suggests that our formulas would work, and the only ones really needed here are F = ma (we would really clearly notice if this didn't) and universal gravitation (again, notice how the planets orbit?)

Thirdly, I'll quote Jkbart:

"Basically any comparison on any feat is a math. Jumping distance, size of the object telekinated, how much more did the Lightning burn. It's all still math, just an easier and simpler one.

Of course, the harder the math, the less author probably cared, but feat still exists as it is, even if the author made it without his knowledge of the magnitude. Everything in universe is held within physical laws and common knowledge; otherwise the universe wouldn't pretty much exist, or all feats would be worthless."

Fourthly, the analysis I was doing was really just a logical argument on top of some really, really basic assumptions about how strong gravity is wherever Cade was (which is clear enough in how he could stand, lol). The rest was just questioning how fast the freighter had to move to pose a threat, it was a tactical assessment, not some sort of complex math. It's no fundamentally different from every other feat we look at.

Do you have any idea how good Gaalan is, aside from his being on Kyp's level as a duelist? Do you have any idea how good slayers are? Mind you, slayers are Force-resistant, so they are the best possible option to fight someone whose primary advantage is his raw power, kek.

Aside from circularly assuming that Gaalan is weaker than Revan because he's only a match for Kyp, I don't see where you think you're going with this.

That's nice, but you completely cut out the part where he beats out Luke in black hole manipulation - a powerscaling notion independent of the particular question of how impressive said manipulation is in an absolute sense - and just trolling around that fact doesn't negate its existence.

DarthAnt66

thumb up

NewGuy01
Apparently if X contradicts Y, we automatically decide that whichever happens to fit NewGuy's opinion counts as the right option, and the other one is the "inconsistency".

Actually, no, not really; when it comes to the big picture, consistency between SW media falls entirely into the hands of the interpretations of different authors; which, of course, makes literally comparing/debating it itself fundamentally redundant. Which is part of why getting seriously involved with SW debate isn't particularly appealing to a lot of people here anymore.

I explained why I tend to lean towards the more grounded interpretation of things; because in the overwhelming majority of cases, objects don't react with one another in duels as they would if they were moving at sub-light speeds--even amongst the top tiers. But, if you wanted to argue that ages-old 'Palpatine can run at near-lightspeed because Saesee Tiin could react to spaceships but not him', it's not like the argument itself wouldn't have any basis in the text.

I understand what you were trying to do; but in making the analysis that you did, you're essentially arguing that Kyp threw the freighter at speeds comparable to other spaceships. So, how fast are you arguing that is, exactly? Massively hypersonic speeds? Sub-light? How far are you going to stray from what you (seemingly; not trying to put words in your mouth) believe to be the authorial intent?

Well, only the fact that they're below top-tier fighters like Luke or Caedus by several orders of magnitude.

I snipped the quote itself, but my reply still applied to this. Everyone knows that Kyp has unnaturally huge force reserves; it's his lack of impressive combat feats that undoes his record as a warrior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.