Anomality - lets have some theories about that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheIvan
I was always wondering what is the error that inevitably occurs in even simplest equations... I hope that some of you have better theories, but here is mine.

Matrix has no future. It just represents the world of 90s. So, the content that he is supplied with have limited time for emulating real world. Probably Matrix uses library of objects to represent the real world. Inevitably error will happen, as the necessary object won't be in library. And as first error happens, we can expect that further errors will come at accelareted speed. So, someone must reset the system before it hangs.

Well, do you find this realistic or have some better idea?

Corran
The reset of the system has happened 6 times now. When programming it is inevitable that an error or bug will be coded into the system, it is only a matter of time before these bugs surface, I beleive this is what the anomaly is.

Ushgarak
The main source of the Anomaly is the passive resistance of the humans inside the Matrix.

TheIvan
Ush, I would expect such an answer from the Architect (well that's exactly what he is saying). Are you the Architect, anyway smile?

Why there is growing passive resistence? If there is just 1% that don' accept programme, then it good be only because they cummulate in tha Matrix. But Morpheus said that they had freed more people in last six months than in last six years. If you accept that, passive resistance is actually decreasing.

Tuur
Or more specific: the programmed option of choice. It's random.

Ushgarak
The passive resistance of people inside the Matrix cause the anomaly to grow. The reason so many people are being freed is that the more the anomaly grows the less stable the Matrix becomes, the more people become ready to be freed.

maul's woman
But then they realize it is not 1999 but 2 centuries later. what was the year Morpheus gave?

Wouldn't that kind of knowledge cause some humans to "crash out" within their own minds. So the anomaly would also hurt the humans being freed. Thousands would not survive this. Morpheus even said so.

Chaos
In the first matrix... At the end it said 'system failture' was that another reset of the matrix, and if it was what about Morpheus, etc...

maul's woman
That was never explained. Not even in the second movie. Another glitch but a good one to speculate on.

You want to go first? smile

Chaos
Hmm....I would if I know what to say about it roll eyes (sarcastic)
Maybe someone else could post... big grin

maul's woman
Ok I'll wait. big grin But you should go first. You brought up a great point.

Ushgarak
It was a system failure on the trace, is all.

And yes, as Morpheus points out, only some people can be freed, preferably when young.

Chaos
Oh ok... hehe TY smile

JKozzy
Something for us people who haven't seen Revs to talk about.. stick out tongue

JKozzy
Whoa.. wtf.... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/custom_avatars/avatar2583.gif

MC Mike
Whoa... blink

doctor

raynor
WTf!

droopy1592
damn wtf

Metamorphisis
Damn Kozzy! I knew there was something odd about you!!

JKozzy
It was someones avatar at one point... idk where it came from or why it came from anywhere.... sad

Havoc
****warning this includes spoilers from revo****

After watching the movie, I need awhile to let it sink in. I am now ready to express my opinion and what I got out of the movie. There are so many aspects to mention. First I was having trouble with the Neo and real world super powers, until I realized what it was...

The machines use a form of cold fusion to turn body heat into energy the machines can use. The bi-product of this is causing the anomaly. A human who can control this energy. (fate seems to have a sense of irony). We got this whole the machines need us and we need them. This really shows what i have always believed, the mathimatical and philisophical go hand in hand. It is both karma and the balancing of the equation. That which gives the mahcines the ability to control mankind, at the same time gives humans the ability to control machines. It is hard to explain all this in words, but it was brilliant. I enjoyed that aspect the most.

dave123
*still spoilers*

i thought neo could only affect those ALSO connected to the matrix, in this case, only the sentinels

Johan-El
I have a theory about why Neo, the anomaly, gets superhuman powers in the Matrix.

My origin of reason is that the The One is not a program created by the Architect. Although Morpheus, Trinity etc are able to bend the rules of the Matrix, Neo can fly and stop bullets. The first Matrix crashed because the humans didn't believe it. Clearly, human minds control the Matrix. (Perhaps all human minds are hardwired into millions of parallel processors to make the computations of the Matrix)

All through history, mankind has worshipped stories, especially hero tales. There is always a hero, Messiah, saviour, superhero or God in a the largest stories. Therefore, the thought and concept of an ultimate hero is forever ingrained in the minds of humans.

The One is the embodiment of that belief. All humans, consciously or not, believes in something Heroic and power the One. Morpheus, who is one of the prime believers in Neo, puts all his belief power into Neo who thereby beats him in the sparring program.

As Neo starts to believe in himself he gets more powerful. 'He's starting to believe.'. Again, it's the minds of the humans that make up the Matrix, and the powers of the One. At the end of Revolutions, Neo has made a believer out of the Oracle ('He made a believer out of me.') and gained even more power, enabling him to defeat Smith (with the help from the machines and his own death, another subject).

To sum up: it is the humans' worship and belief of a Hero that gives power to the One. This, the Architect can not eradicate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.