Doc Savage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Shane Black will be directing & writing this new adaptation of the pulp hero

and also Dwayne Johnson will be playing the title role

http://www.superherohype.com/news/375491-its-official-dwayne-johnson-is-doc-savage

Khazra Reborn
Kind of a weird choice for the lead. I hope it's good.

riv6672
Odd choice, but i'll give it a look see.
Dwayne is good in films with large casts, as writers/directors can take advantage of his ability to banter.
Doc's crew is a natural fit for that.

Martian_mind
Awesome.

Firefly218
Is he still interested in Shazam then?

Robtard
Been interested in this for over a year, not happy with Dwayne being cast. Will wait for a preview though, maybe he'll impress.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Firefly218

Good question Lol

WB really needs to get on with Shazam, but the lack of news around it suggests it will be delayed, if not outright cancelled.

Hope I'm wrong though. Would looove a Shazam movie (done right of course).

BruceSkywalker

you mean Black Adam.... WB is changing the title lol

as for this, it seems interesting but will wait and see pics from the set and the trailer

riv6672
Last i heard he's on board for that, too. And a Baywatch movie. And a Big Trouble in Little China remake...he's a busy man.

Firefly218
Originally posted by riv6672
Last i heard he's on board for that, too. And a Baywatch movie. And a Big Trouble in Little China remake...he's a busy man. And Jumangi and jungle cruise and fast and furious 8...

riv6672
Sweet.
I'm a big fan of his, so the more the better!

Darth Thor
Not interested in any comic book film Shane Black is directing:

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/03/shane-black-has-no-regrets-over-iron-man-3as-mandarin

Kazenji
So one movie does it for you and you've lost faith in him......erm

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
So one movie does it for you and you've lost faith in him......erm

Given its his only comic book movie, and he refuses to accept he screwed it up, and has zero regrets about it despite the fan hate, then yeah I'm not interested in another one from him. He had his chance for me, so unless everyone praises Doc Savage I won't watch.

At least guys like Simon Kinberg admit they screwed up with things like X-Men Last Stand and Fant4stic. (Even if he doesn't get the reason he screwed up on Fant4stic).

riv6672
Its a matter of taste. I liked IM3 (better than 2, actually), and thought Mandarin was cool both before and after the revelation.

Anyway, back to the subject.
My only qualm about the Rock as Doc is, his dialogue if its a period piece. His speech is VERY modern sounding.
He did decent in Hercules, helped by everyone else not sounding archaic, so, we'll see.

Zack M
Love Shane Black. Only movie I didn't care for was IM 3. Overall, I'm looking forward to this.

Inhuman
The Rock is in everything now a days, and he hasnt really been able to carried his own franchise so far though.

riv6672
He's more of a franchise re-invigorator.
The GI Joe sequel was leaps and bounds over the first film, with a third scheduled.
The Fast & Furious franchise is set for at least 2 more movies last i heard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.