Darth Malak vs Darth Nox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tondemonai
Nox as of Ziost
Malak as of his final fight with Revan on the Star Forge

Malak has all bonus'/amps from Star Forge and can use on the Jedi drinking fountains

All out fight to the death

Nephthys
Nox

SunRazer
Yeah, Nox wins. It's hard to see how much of his/her combative prowess can be attributed to skill, so it's not impossible for Malak to take sabers, but Nox certainly takes him down in Force.

Syndicate
Originally posted by SunRazer
Yeah, Nox wins. It's hard to see how much of his/her combative prowess can be attributed to skill, so it's not impossible for Malak to take sabers, but Nox certainly takes him down in Force.

Petrus
Nox in every category.

The SWTOR codex states that Sith Inqs are "as impressive with the lightsaber as they are with the Force" or something along those lines. Pretty good accolade, considering Nox's Force prowess. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malak.

Nephthys
Dies.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Petrus
Nox in every category.

The SWTOR codex states that Sith Inqs are "as impressive with the lightsaber as they are with the Force" or something along those lines. Pretty good accolade, considering Nox's Force prowess. thumb up
No, it doesn't. That's just the description of the class, one that's not in the game, not even the character, and even if it were, it'd be before they even went to Korriban.

Nephthys
This may surprise you to learn, but Nox is actually a Sith Inquisitor. So the quotes about Sith Inquisitors apply to her.

FreshestSlice
This may surprise you, but it's never said about the character ever in the actual game, was the point; not even in the codex. But considering Nox just left slavery, if you want them to be a shit tier duelist and Force user constantly, that's fine by me.

Nephthys
Who cares. I don't get why you think something needs to be said in game for it to be valid. Sourcebooks, official info and codex entries are fine in all other cases.

Nox is just that badass brosky. She beats Khem and a Terentatek after just leaving slavery, so I'm fine with her as is. She's simply equally as excellent with the blade as she is with the Force.

Selenial
Until she leaves Korriban, and sheds that title...

Nephthys
Swtore calls her the Inquisitor right into Act III. wink

"It is in the Dark Council chambers on Korriban that the Sith Inquisitor finally corners Thanaton..."

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malak.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Who cares. I don't get why you think something needs to be said in game for it to be valid. Sourcebooks, official info and codex entries are fine in all other cases.

Because a nebulous class description isn't evidence, for starters. Accolades are cool and all, but with nothing else to back them up, and zero feats, they mean nothing. Especially when they aren't even really accolades. erm

Right after stasis for the short period of time of several thousand years.

Wut? Pretty sure they didn't fight it alone, and it wasn't just after getting to Korriban. It's compressed time.

No evidence, so not really.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because a nebulous class description isn't evidence, for starters. Accolades are cool and all, but with nothing else to back them up, and zero feats, they mean nothing. Especially when they aren't even really accolades. erm

Right after stasis for the short period of time of several thousand years.

Wut? Pretty sure they didn't fight it alone, and it wasn't just after getting to Korriban. It's compressed time.

No evidence, so not really.

Oh, see I was confused cuz I wasn't aware that you could just decide whats evidence and what isn't. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future, making a note of it right now. Class descriptions are valid because, gasp! They actually are the ****ing class. When they're talking about Inquisitors they're talking about Nox because she is that class. Every person playing Inq is playing Nox. And Nox is canonically an Inquisitor, so statements about Inquisitors apply to Nox. End of story. Also she does have feats to back it up, I just said them, lol.

Still powerful enough to punch through a wall of rock and she was fighting with a practice saber after fighting through hordes of enemies and performing a ritual. With minimal training and a practice saber.

Khem was with her yeah, but they had just fought a battle and Terentateks are serious beasts to be fighting that early in your career. Obviously at her peak she'd be >>>>>>>> that level.

Maybe you should chisel a tablet of the evidence you'll accept so we won't have to piss around trying to guess for you. Or maybe you're full of shit and haven't refuted my legitimate evidence in the slightest. Maybe.....

Selenial
Swtore calls her the Inquisitor right into Act III. wink

"It is in the Dark Council chambers on Korriban that the Sith Inquisitor finally corners Thanaton..."

Conceded, TBH. Tho I don't know why it took the ToR brigade so long to bring this up mmm

Nephthys
Well you see I have to actually get out of bed and walk across the room to look that shit up.

I don't think people appreciate the sacrifices I make for this cesspit.

FreshestSlice
Oh, see I was confused cuz I wasn't aware that you could just decide whats evidence and what isn't. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future, making a note of it right now. Class descriptions are valid because, gasp! They actually are the ****ing class. When they're talking about Inquisitors they're talking about Nox because she is that class. Every person playing Inq is playing Nox. And Nox is canonically an Inquisitor, so statements about Inquisitors apply to Nox. End of story. Also she does have feats to back it up, I just said them, lol.

Oh, it's not about deciding what is and what isn't evidence. It's about deciding what is and what isn't valid. Say, you have absolutely nothing to show something? Then it might be, and this is going to blow your mind, not quite as true as it's hinted at being. So, as anyone with two brain cells to rub together would do, it's not illogical for one to question these statements. Just like you and half the statements about Anakin being the most powerful Jedi ever. Then again, the hypocricy is something you have in spades.

Damn. Rock?!

Top tier robots from unquantifiable millennia ago. Absolute hordes. which is another way to say 20 or so.

And now the Inquisitor is doing rituals that we don't know the effect of? Damn.

You keep bringing up that fact like it's not designed to kill things and it's basically a vibroblade. And nowhere is it said that Nox had minimal training.

I too love making statements backed by nothing but my opinion. They're mostly about the weather and not me trying to force my point in arguments, but i can see the appeal.

Maybe you could give some actual evidence of saber prowse that doesn't boil down to, "it's not a real lightsaber" and "then s/he killed an overweight Sith while weakened."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.