Did Age of Apocalypse hint at the coming of Proteus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
There was a seemingly innocent scene in Age of Apocalypse that caught my attention...

When Xavier goes to see Moira MacTaggert at her office, he notices a picture on the wall and asks her is that her son to which she replies yes...

Well in the comics, Moira's son is named Kevin; otherwise known as Mutant X or Proteus...

Proteus is one of the few beings that was actually stronger than Phoenix (he overpowered her at a time when she was undergoing the transformation into Dark Phoenix) as he possessed potent reality warp and could possess peoples bodies which would eventually burn them out and kill them...

Anyway, did anyone else catch that in the movie, or am I off base?

Ridley_Prime
Nah, I got the reference too, but not sure whether I would count on Proteus being in a future film... Could go either way.

Tattoos N Scars
Proteus would make for a good film. I heard Onslaught is up next for X Men.

BruceSkywalker
Mr. Sinister is next, I believe as for Proteus, its possible .. after all the next film takes place in the 90's so yea he could be involved

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Proteus would make for a good film. I heard Onslaught is up next for X Men.
Haven't heard any word about Onslaught next, but oh god, I hope that doesn't happen, unless perhaps they bring back Apocalypse to form a temporarily alliance with the good guys to stop him like in the comics.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Haven't heard any word about Onslaught next, but oh god, I hope that doesn't happen, unless perhaps they bring back Apocalypse to form a temporarily alliance with the good guys to stop him like in the comics.

MCU would need to own X-Men rights too for it to work. Would love to see Hulk crack his armor.

Khazra Reborn
It was pretty much confirmed in the post credit sequence, that Sinister is going to create X-23. Don't know about Proteus though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.